User Tag List

Page 205 of 236 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,250 of 11773

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    False alarm, his uncle's popped. The legend lives on (for now).

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve never know someone who’s family members who don’t work there are so integrated into the office environment.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had 22 applications for the job that had to go external. Some of them are foreign and ticked ‘no’ to being eligible to work in the UK. Why waste my time? No I won’t sponsor your visa, Abdul.

Anyway, got AI to score all the applications against the essential criteria and it’s given me five who scored top marks. Interview them and employ the fittest. EZ PZ.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 82 (now 83) year old VP is finally being pensioned off, and he's throwing a retirement 'evening meal' on Thursday for a select group. I'm the only person from the sales floor who's been invited, which is fantastically awkward. When the Arab finds out he's going to have a full-on tantrum.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been offered a job with a vendor, managing partners and helping do indirect deals in Scotland (up to 50k worth). The next promotion up is a named account manager where deal size is up to 250k.

Basic starts at 60k plus the same again in commission and as they are a $10b organisation with some absolutely ace products that's easily achievable. Might take it, given the only reason I joined here is because of my boss who is leaving over the next couple of months. He asked me to go with him and 're-create' the department from current place but don't fancy that.

p.s obv I'm going to ask for a better basic, currently on 70.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The 82 (now 83) year old VP is finally being pensioned off, and he's throwing a retirement 'evening meal' on Thursday for a select group. I'm the only person from the sales floor who's been invited, which is fantastically awkward. When the Arab finds out he's going to have a full-on tantrum.
    Will Barney be quietly seething?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawned on me today that I’m going to have to do interviews. 5 on Teams and 3 in rl. Imagine going for an interview and I’m sat there.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Will Barney be quietly seething?
    No, because he holds his knife like a pen and therefore is dodging the bullet of any of the big cheeses seeing him eating thus and ruling him out of any future promotion shortlists as a result.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the Arab not respond by marching round the office shouting indignantly?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Two job offers and very likely a third one to come soon. When it rains it pours.
    I'd made it clear to the third company that I had to decide by last Friday and they'd told me they'd get back to me by then, which they didn't, so I ended up accepting one of the other two.

I received the following e-mail from them today:

"The team really liked your profile, and we would like to consider it for a more senior position than the one you initially applied and interviewed for. But since this is a newly opened position, it would take us two to three weeks to get back to you."

It's like we're playing 4d chess or something.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tell them you don't have that sort of time. They need to remember this is your actual life.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told them that I'd made it clear in the interview that there was a deadline of sorts in regards to the other offers. I mean I'm happy with my choice regardless, it's just weird from their side that they'd go as far as to offer me a more senior role yet couldn't do it in a more timely manner.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serves you right for being so good.

I have a similar conundrum. I only started my current role in October, for a significant payrise, but my old boss who now works for a different place has come to me saying I can have a job if I want it. 31%-45% payrise depending on what I can negotiate. But it would mean three days a week in an office that's about 40 mins commute, and probably having to do actual work. It would be a 12 month secondment, possibly up to 24 months, before likely returning to my current place but who knows what doing.

Is it daft to choose comfortable mediocrity over chasing piles of cash? I've even been considering asking to condense my current work down to four days, once my apprenticeship is finished. This would put that idea to bed.

I think I'll say thanks but no thanks.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely not. Bare minimum for maximum cash. If you have to work for it what's the point. Always take the easiest option. If my boss wasn't leaving here I'd stay because I've got an awesome work life balance, full autonomy and full trust. When he goes in the next couple months, that goes hence why I'm looking to leave.

I'd love to work with him at the new place but I just don't see merit for my role there even though he wants me to go. They aren't big enough (staff and money) to not ask questions.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't want to be unhappy all the time if you don't need the money. Everyone's different but I see enough people at my spot chasing the big salaries, hating it and continually switching roles to try and balance the new salary they got for a job they hate less. After tax, by the time you've opted for a nicer car, planned a better holiday, how much is left from the uplift? Enough for an NFT and a few rare pokemon cards?

I've been tipped that a job at my spot maybe opening up and I should apply for it, £10k uplift in salary but if I have to give up home working to traipse round to loads of meetings I'll stick with the quiet spreadsheet life walking my dog and not having to talk to anyone I don't want to.
    Last edited by Lofty; 24-05-2023 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I'm basically reaping the benefits of having been at my current job for a couple of years. The pay is shit (for my qualifications at least), but it's at the energy regulator so you basically get to see the whole energy sector inside out. New job is a 65% payrise, plus up to another 25% in bonuses.

In regards to your dilemma, I'd say it also depends on the work itself. I'd do it if it looks like it might be enjoyable, but wouldn't otherwise despite the pay raise.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 24-05-2023 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post

I have a similar conundrum. I only started my current role in October, for a significant payrise, but my old boss who now works for a different place has come to me saying I can have a job if I want it. 31%-45% payrise depending on what I can negotiate. But it would mean three days a week in an office that's about 40 mins commute, and probably having to do actual work. It would be a 12 month secondment, possibly up to 24 months, before likely returning to my current place but who knows what doing.

Is it daft to choose comfortable mediocrity over chasing piles of cash? I've even been considering asking to condense my current work down to four days, once my apprenticeship is finished. This would put that idea to bed.

I think I'll say thanks but no thanks.
    Not at all, and for what it’s worth, dropping down to 4 days is amazing, and really has me believing that a 4 day working week should be the norm.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a proper four day week, but I did have a stint doing "condensed shifts" where I did four ten hour days and even that was amazing. But sadly our overlords are the sort of weird freaks who think happiness is finite and if the proles are happy it must mean they're lass happy somehow so I doubt the four dayer will become a thing here any time soon .

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely where an advanced society would end up. We're a long way from it now. 'Business leaders' would need emergency heart surgery.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A recruiter in Guildford called me about a job last week. I'm ok here now but thought I'd listen. It was for a salary £5k less than I'm on here, so I said no thank you. Anyway, she's called me again every single fucking day since (I haven't picked up once) and left a voicemail begging me to reconsider for the same role, as I'd 'make a great fit' and it 'really suited my skills', whatever those are. Every day, no respite, just called me again now and left another voicemail. How desperate are these people?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably measured on activity metrics, gotta feel that pain.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That and commission. If they don't fill the role, they don't get any money for it. If there's slim pickings available then they're going into hard sale mode.

It must be a miserable job, but these cunts deserve every second of suffering.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slim pickings, you gonna stand for that Jim?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As in quantity, not quality, obvs.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Slim pickings, you gonna stand for that Jim?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a customer visiting from Nigeria today. First thing he did was walk in, ask where the toilet was, went into the toilet (leaving the door open) and pissed all over the floor. Like, we're not talking just missing the bowl, we're talking spray gun all over the room, from coast to coast, backwards, everything.

Is the toilet bowl a white man's construct, oppressing the global majority's natural creative freedom?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Power play.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China's influence in Africa is worse than I thought.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll be defrosting fish in the sink by morning.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out he wasn't even a customer.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had that in our shared office building where people were coming in off the street for a shit, until a massive security crackdown like it was a terrorist threat

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm noticing a severe rise in aggression and anger in my work of late. I handle calla for GMC, can handle them no problem but fucking hell of late it just feels like spates and spates of hatred and anger simmering all across the public.

State of the NHS and life in general for most clearly firing this rage but I'm chucking my CV at everything non-public facing from her on out.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a lot of "I'm not a racist but" too creeping in

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticing the same tbh. My favourite was "atleast the Pikey's didn't come over and take our houses". Appreciative racism is almost beautiful.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep ours is always about Asian doctors. Or any non-white doctors. Always worded in a way where you can't just terminate the call.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    I'm noticing a severe rise in aggression and anger in my work of late. I handle calla for GMC, can handle them no problem but fucking hell of late it just feels like spates and spates of hatred and anger simmering all across the public.

State of the NHS and life in general for most clearly firing this rage but I'm chucking my CV at everything non-public facing from her on out.
    Feels like something just snapped in a lot of people during lockdown. You notice it everywhere. Nightlife, on the roads, customer service, people are just losing it across the board.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was queueing to be served in Tesco express a few days ago and a hi-vis wearing tradesman of some sort was being served. After about 30 seconds he shouted "Any chance of this being fucking done today?". The guy serving him looked bewildered and just responded with a confused "huh" - from what I could tell, he was scanning stuff at a perfectly reasonable pace. The bloke just shouted "FOR FUCK SAKE" and stormed out without taking the stuff. Was utterly bizzare.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    Feels like something just snapped in a lot of people during lockdown. You notice it everywhere. Nightlife, on the roads, customer service, people are just losing it across the board.
    Yep seeing it in traffic, on the metrolink, a lot of places. Also noticing via my role a lot of the results of unsupported mental health. A lot of calls from people with severe problems and not getting any help spouting absolute fantasies.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Power play.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep ours is always about Asian doctors. Or any non-white doctors. Always worded in a way where you can't just terminate the call.
    GMC is also pretty racist though.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh now we did equality training the other week.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    It's compounded in the UK by everything being absolutely fucking shit.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My phone hasn't rang once since I started on Feb 1st.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep seeing it in traffic, on the metrolink, a lot of places. Also noticing via my role a lot of the results of unsupported mental health. A lot of calls from people with severe problems and not getting any help spouting absolute fantasies.
    Now every fucker is encouraged to talk about their mental health, even people who are actually absolutely fine, is that leading to some of the genuine cases getting lost in the noise?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly, but I think Custard has hit the nail on the head. Absolutely everything is shit at the moment and people are at breaking point, so minor inconveniences are being catastrophised and people are kicking off over shit that would have been an eyeroll and a whispered "ffs" a short while ago.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Now every fucker is encouraged to talk about their mental health, even people who are actually absolutely fine, is that leading to some of the genuine cases getting lost in the noise?
    If you heard some of the calls I've had you'd be saying yes.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could easily lose it in supermarkets when half the tils are closed to give the workers chance to stand around doing nothing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had someone yell 'This is a fucking disgrace!' down the phone earlier because we are sending them a £7 rubber hose today and not yesterday. There seem to be a lot of people right on the edge be it financially, emotionally or whatever.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one benefit of this major economic downturn is we're starting to identify who genuinely loves banter and who was wearing a mask. Schofield the most prominent example. Mellin another.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Everyone talks about mental health and is AWARE of it. But if you actually need help, there's none fucking there.

Also what Magic said.