User Tag List

Page 180 of 236 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 9,000 of 11775

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim is correct, it isn't professional in the strictest sense. Always address them by name. Annoying at our spot because there are several people who go by names that aren't their actual names

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    What do you make of this? We had a video call with a new client earlier, and one of my account managers sent a summary email to the people in the call.

One of them just sent an email that contained this:

To clarify, she started the email with "Hi guys". I'm tempted to tell him to go and swivel, but curious to see what others think.
    Ignore it. Doesn't matter if they're a cunt, as long as they're a cunt paying you money.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Annoying at our spot because there are several people who go by names that aren't their actual names
    This is end of days stuff.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far it hasnt been problematic but when busy if you just reply using their screen name (for example Carl) but you know they insist on 'Jeff' it can feel like you have commited some inadvertant hate crime.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone from work who isn’t fit at all requested to follow me on Instagram. She has a recent bikini pic (phone strategically covering her face) and yowzer.
    I'm a twit

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You needed the IG account to discover it? Disappointed.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol my ex work colleague called a customer buddy and he went mental, shouting at him that he wasn't his buddy. Six months later he came in cus it turned out his russian girlfriend that he'd transferred 20k to wasn't actually his girlfriend, lol bad luck buddy.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Someone from work who isn’t fit at all requested to follow me on Instagram. She has a recent bikini pic (phone strategically covering her face) and yowzer.
    Ya what? She's not fit, but she has a cracking body? Sounds like she's fit.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    What do you make of this? We had a video call with a new client earlier, and one of my account managers sent a summary email to the people in the call.

One of them just sent an email that contained this:

To clarify, she started the email with "Hi guys". I'm tempted to tell him to go and swivel, but curious to see what others think.
    Reply with ‘Sorry guys, won’t happen again.’

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd call them a jumped up cunt and invite them to conduct a swivel. Or just get Taz in to gammon them to death.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reply to their email with the exact same text but the names swapped if they themselves opened with "Hi guys."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Lol my ex work colleague called a customer buddy and he went mental, shouting at him that he wasn't his buddy. Six months later he came in cus it turned out his russian girlfriend that he'd transferred 20k to wasn't actually his girlfriend, lol bad luck buddy.
    Is your customer chabuddy g?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the email conversation, start your emails with "Sup cunts" from here onwards.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Is your customer chabuddy g?
    Love that guy. Honestly one of the funniest characters ever written.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right up there with Mrs Brown, yeah?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Or that chav Instagram family

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Polar opposites, from what I've seen.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mo View Post
    We've been notified that Ofsted are visiting tomorrow and Wednesday. It's been on the cards for a while, to the extent that we've been in a semi-permanent state of limbo since September. Exclusions have been avoided to keep numbers low, formal grievances ignored by the head in the hope they'll go away, and as has been the trend of the 'post-COVID' times, we continue to follow the path of least resistance with the kids, allowing them greater and greater freedom (and worse - blurred lines to take advantage of) in the hopes that they'll shut up and go away.

I'm ignoring all the panicky emails from senior leaders reminding us of curriculum rationales, teaching and learning foci etc, because it's not going to help anyone. If these things aren't in place and robust already, then reminding everyone now isn't suddenly going to rememdy it for the next two days.

Not sure if I'll get to speak to an inspector, maybe from a pastoral point of view, but they're focusing on Geography not History so I think I'm less likely to be grilled.

I do actually hope they see all the systemic issues, as a rating of 'inadequate' would lead to much needed change. But I suspect we'll get good and trundle on thinking everything is ok.
    I stumbled upon this post as I opened the thread. We had a Section 5 Ofsted this Tuesday and Wednesday. We had to work on our foundation curriculum as it was deemed an area for improvement when we had a Section 8 last September, so we've been a bit on tenterhooks for a while too. It was a pain them coming Christmas week, but much better to get it out of the way.

There will be nothing official until January, but it went well.

Edit: like you, I'm history coordinator and they did a 'deep dive' into history.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    I stumbled upon this post as I opened the thread. We had a Section 5 Ofsted this Tuesday and Wednesday. We had to work on our foundation curriculum as it was deemed an area for improvement when we had a Section 8 last September, so we've been a bit on tenterhooks for a while too. It was a pain them coming Christmas week, but much better to get it out of the way.

Edit: like you, I'm history coordinator and they did a 'deep dive' into history.
    I thought Section 8's were the only a 2 day inspections? The other being a 1 dayer.

I also was told that all Ofsted visits recently are to be Section 8 inspections due to the past years disruption by covid and local downs. Could be nonsense though.

Was their recent visit due to your school inviting them back? Or did they do it of their own accord? Seems quite a quick re-visit.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    I thought Section 8's were the only a 2 day inspections? The other being a 1 dayer.

I also was told that all Ofsted visits recently are to be Section 8 inspections due to the past years disruption by covid and local downs. Could be nonsense though.

Was their recent visit due to your school inviting them back? Or did they do it of their own accord? Seems quite a quick re-visit.
    Section 8 and 5 are both two days, 8 being an interim inspection and 5 being a full one.

We had a Section 8 the very first day we could have had one after their Covid guidelines changed (the second week of term last September). We were still quite restriction heavy and it didn't go down particularly well. We were a 'good' school and remained so, but if they see a particular area which requires development they will come back after around a year and carry out a full Section 5.

We won't see them now for around 3-5 years.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see. Well done on getting through it and achieving a 'good'.

My son's primary school (I'm a parent governor) had one a couple of weeks ago. As expected, it did not go well and the school 'requires improvement'.

The main issue for my son's school is the head teacher previously passed away and they've taken 2 years to replace her. The school was effectively rudderless for those 2 to 3 years. A new permanent head has come in from September and alienated all the teachers. She thinks they're underachieving and she's trying to stamp down her own way of doing things. The next 12 months will be interesting. Not great.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post

Glad it went well. We've been informally told we'll remain good. I didn't even see an inspector while they were here, but some of my colleagues were seen 4-5 times over the two days.

Oddly enough, we've started excluding students again now.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that cunt at the end is getting banged up for a long time.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Definition of heads gone. I wonder if the pool ball hit anyone.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Guernsey was the civilised island and Jersey was the scummy, exploding house, nonce protecting one?

And yeah, the fella at the end is doing time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assume this wasn't for the jobs thread though...

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    News of the day.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume this is the harbour lights (aka Harbour fights) fight. Some properly scummy behaviour if it is.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From now on I'll judge all fights on how resource intensive they are.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for my annual pre-Christmas "I have zero motivation" post. Thus is bollocks. Pointless bollocks.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I thought Guernsey was the civilised island and Jersey was the scummy, exploding house, nonce protecting one?

And yeah, the fella at the end is doing time.
    Clearly stints in Southend and Coventry have removed your ability to recognise civility.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for my annual pre-Christmas "I have zero motivation" post. Thus is bollocks. Pointless bollocks.
    Today's my last day and I'm doing very very little.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Arab is in full send mode as business winds down for the year. He just told me a story about the first time he visited London as a 20 year old. He was a jiu jitsu instructor at the time (or so he claims). He went to King's Cross and wanted a train to Hatfield. Being him he didn't look at the information boards or ask at the information desk, he just went up to a random man in a suit and asked how to get a train to Hatfield. The man in a suit said 'I don't see how this is my problem'. The Arab then elbow-punched him in the face (he demonstrated this, seems to be an MMA move). He was quickly arrested and told that if he offended again he wouldn't be able to enter the UK for ten years.

This was in the context of me trying to explain to him that in this country (especially when on a conditional working visa) it's not a good idea to solve disputes with pre-emptive violence, and that we don't care about 'honour'. He finds this frustrating as, back in Jordan, if anyone insults him or says something he doesn't like, he just lays them out and that solves it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He genuinely sounds like a man without a redeeming feature beyond being a source of anecdotes for here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is more than enough redeeming feature for me to be fair.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is quite fun to be around in the sense that he entertains. He is an over privileged man-child with zero self-awareness and an inability to sit still or shut up.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get him on the board. Best and Worst Poster 2023.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wouldn't survive TTH. One "" and he'd be turning up on doorsteps.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the thing that sums him up best is that he wouldn't accept that the Ancient Egyptians weren't all 10 foot tall until I showed him a graph of average human height over time. Until then it was all I PROMISE YOU and ON MY FATHER'S HONOUR.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do love the honour stuff, which should be "I will be honest, modest and devout" but just ends up being "YOU will pretend I am honest, modest and devout or you're getting fucked up, son".

It's basically the Mafia model.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 21-12-2022 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Dad is the man.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wouldn't survive TTH. One "" and he'd be turning up on doorsteps.
    I'm ready.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went and had lunch with him. He told me about both his prison stints. One was for supply of cannabis, the other was for banging an underage girl. 15 day sentence for each, but the first one ended up being longer because he kept breaking people's arms inside when they insulted him.

He also told me about his spell in Canada, where his dad paid for him to rent an apartment in order to study for a degree. He found the degree boring so quit almost immediately and started raking it in as a mixed martial arts trainer. Eventually his dad found out, flew over to Canada unannounced, came to the door and presented him with a ticket for the next plane back to Jordan.

Oh, and (I didn't know this before) someone in the warehouse apparently got fired last month after saying 'Here comes the camel trader' when his dad walked through.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a virgin and never been in a fight, isn't he?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knocking about on lunch with a nonce. Merry Christmas.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sounds like a brown version of the IT nerd from The Office.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I tried to do a 'Hang on there old boy, you're telling this story loudly in a Hungry Horse chain pub' but he doesn't have ears, only a larynx.

She was 16/17 so wouldn't have been underage here but still pretty noncey.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would simply not go for lunch with the fightnonce, but this is why I never have good stories for the board

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The company aren't firing him any time soon, so one is best off learning to live with him.