User Tag List

Page 162 of 236 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,100 of 11775

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, we have leftovers dumped in our kitchen after the monthly board meetings and blokes on £400 day rates hoover it up.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was handing in my notice in my current job about two months ago. I felt a change of scenery would do the world of good. I wrote it out, handed it to my head chef and whilst he wasn't happy, he understood.

No drama, right?

Following day, I was given a torrid time by a team mate who was pissed off at me because I was leaving.....makes sense, init. Whatever, I'd ride that shit out for a month if that was how it was to be I told myself. I didn't know the reason was because I was leaving at the time though so in a odd way, it was nice in hindsight.

You know what was nicer though.....less than a week later, chef approaches me and asks if there is anything he can do or if there was something that would change my mind, I initially said no because I'd lined up the next job already (I hadn't) then he asked what they were paying. I fibbed, just 50p more an hour than what I am on but free accommodation included. He offered me a pay rise there and then. I knew the second he said it I'd be accepting it but you know, gotta stay cool so said I'd sleep on it and get back to him.

tl;dr ^^

I got a £2 raise to stay.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm totally fed up. Thought I had my career nailed and it's all crumbled in 3 months.

I feel 'stuck'. I will get fired from this job just not sure how long they'll give me. Got an interview with BT Enterprise in a couple of weeks but not sure I want to be in a PLC either.

Guessing everyone has these moments but nothing is clear to me apart from I am not putting myself in an early grave for someone else's dream. "Go self employed then" yeah I have ADHD so it ain't happening without a partner in crime. I've thought about building my own website/app and monetising something which will give me enough to live on so I can have time to do what I want.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parent complained to me today that their child is being cyber bullied by being excluded from a Whatsapp group, related to the now closed school production of the Sound of Music.

What on earth she expects me to do about it, I'm not sure. Tell the admins to let him in? And then what, they start a new group without him? Sounds harsh but clearly no one likes this kid, no idea why he hasn't moved schools.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kid not involved in the Sound of Music production is getting bullied. What a world we live in.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Billy No Notes.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Climb every mountain
    Jump every hoop
    Hassle every teacher
    Till you're in the group

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mo View Post
    no idea why he hasn't moved schools.
    Is this genuinely seen as a solution?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's fucked up, mo.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it fucked up?

Have we become the cunt parents that complain to the school when lil Tyler-Tyler isn't invited to a classmates party?

Life isn't fair. It's a life lesson.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Is this genuinely seen as a solution?
    Not for the cyber bullying of exclusion, no. There is a wider context in which he perceives he is the victim, but does nothing to help himself. Mum says he's been bullied since Year 1. Year 1! That's insane.

Anyway, apologies if that came off callous, it's why I don't tend to post about specifics normally. But now I work as part of the pastoral team I get a lot of this shit and the dickheads are grinding me down a bit.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "My son is being bullied. Please put him in a situation where he is humiliated in front of a live audience."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm terrified at the idea of my kids being bullied. How do parents stop themselves from chokeslamming the little shits responsible?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my friends punched another dad in the face after school when his kid was being bullied. That worked pretty well (apart from the fine and compensation he had to pay).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad chased after my bullies a couple of times. Most of the time I just rode it out, though. That shit stops dead when everyone heads off to college.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barney is really getting on my tits today. Earlier on he asked me if the sun always rises in the east. I said 'yes, famously so'. He then said 'Alright, alright, give it a rest'.

I've now had to spend the last ten minutes explaining that snooker and pool are different games. He contends that they aren't.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like he's a must for your office pub quiz team.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I'm terrified at the idea of my kids being bullied. How do parents stop themselves from chokeslamming the little shits responsible?
    Simple, beat up their father instead.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    How is it fucked up?

Have we become the cunt parents that complain to the school when lil Tyler-Tyler isn't invited to a classmates party?

Life isn't fair. It's a life lesson.
    It's fucked up because the bullied person [without making any judgement as to the legitimacy of the claim or the dickhead level of the complainant] shouldn't really ever be the one being expected to make significant changes surely?

Kids are fucked now though. The bullying opportunities device culture offer are off the charts and what with their over exposure to everything they are literally kids in the candy shop when it comes to exploring the arsehole side of adolescence [which was always pretty strong anyway].

On a similar theme one of the secondary schools here got nuked by Ofsted today. How about this for an opening gambit:

What is it like to attend this school?

The quality of education at St Sampson’s High School is not good enough. Senior leaders have not ensured that the curriculum is implemented well.

Pupils’ behaviour around the school is poor. While most pupils show respect to their teachers, some do not. Some pupils ignore or directly challenge their teachers. Poor behaviour sometimes goes unchecked because staff do not apply the behaviour policy consistently.

When bullying happens, pupils report it to their teachers, but they have little confidence that staff will be able to put a stop to it. As a result, many pupils do not feel safe in school.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone being refused access to a WhatsApp group is not bullying. If they aren't liked, they would be more likely to face bullying if they were allowed in.

Bullying is horrible and I agree that the Interwebz makes it easier (although I don't think it's worse than it used to be by and large), but this softshite worldview where everyone has to be included in everything at all times is just silly.

There are presumably people you know that you wouldn't want to invite on a night out. Is that bullying?

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spikey it sounds like you ain't done your 'bullying at the workplace' e-learning module, son. When the gammon boss hosts a team social in the boozer so Sadiq can't make it, that's amore.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely different. The school aren't excluding Kayden-Jayden from anything. A group of school kids don't want to talk to a classmate outside of school. That's it.

If they're also doing shit to him, starting rumours, making memes etc. then fair enough, that's bullying. But not liking someone is not bullying - and insisting people be friends with people that they don't like isn't really a viable option. Not unless you want the girls in the office to be forced to let Leering Leon befriend them on Facebook, so he can tug himself off to Sunita's "Malta 2016" photo album, anyway.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 13-07-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anyone said the other kids should be forced to let him into the whatsapp group.

It was that a teacher who presumably has some sort of pastoral duty towards this kid (since confirmed) was so flippant and callous.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna put that in my linkedin bio.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a feeling on earth like donning your manager senseless?

Since WFH started we've been using a third party to send letters remotely. It's an absolute sack of shit unless you're sending basic letters. If you want to include a form or anything, you're shit out of luck. But management weren't interested, so we just sorted a work around.

The work around was that we got reception to print and post it for us (genius, I know). Except - completely out of the blue - they have now closed reception and sacked the lot of them with no notice. I asked my manager how I was supposed to post the 3 urgent letters and forms that need to go out today and she has had an almighty stampy tanty about just using the software provided and everyone being old fashioned. So I sent the stuff over to her for her to work out how we could post it.

Long story short, they're offering me double pay to go out tonight and hand deliver them. No thanks love, there's a steak marinating in the fridge. Have fun though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful. The best is when you can rebutt their argument with their own words.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this boss also an alcoholic?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, just over worked. She's generally alright but they still haven't replaced the other manager so she's doing it all at the moment.

I'll make an allowance, but I'm still not doing overtime to fix their fuck up.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play. If you do it once for them, they'll expect it. I'm back to pandemic levels of busy, at the minute. That's surprising considering the area I work has the smallest intake. Anyone working London or Scotland is royally snowed under.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Condemn her.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Sunday and I'm bored so I fancied looking on google maps to see how many of my former workplaces are still around. Most of the buildings are still standing but tended to have changed ownership.

- The old HBOS office - Condemned. Looks like the same for most of the Business Park but that building's easily the worse for wear.
    - That place in Jarrow where I worked for a couple of months - now an Amazon fulfilment centre. Makes sense as that was mostly a warehouse.
    - The place I scanned cheques at before getting the HBOS job - Now a TNT office.
    - The computer shop I worked in whilst on the dole. - Unsurprisingly, no longer in business. Easily the most crooked place I've spent time in.

Nostalgia.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my old places of work no longer exist. Not sure if that's a reflection on me.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are all still going strong. Probably because I left.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of mine was flagged up as one of the buildings in Grenfell-style cladding at the time it happened

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I check back on the Koreans occasionally. They seem to have terminated Mr Choi and DH Son a while ago, which is a shame for them I guess, but good news for new man at the helm JK Hwang. UK office really is the fucking pits as a gig to get in that company. It's like being sent to the Night's Watch. Nine hours' flight from home and a mystifyingly bad selection of instant noodle pots in the shops.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last day in work before the summer holidays today. In Y6 this year, so a water fight and dominos is the plan for the day.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There had been rumours that I might finally be summoned on a South America trip, but I was in the 'believe it when I see it' camp. Well, my 80 year old boss has given the go ahead for my 78 year old boss to book the trip for this autumn. The 78 year old is in the office and has just rattled off the possible itinerary to me.

15-20 days: Colombia (2 cities), Ecuador (2 cities), Peru (3 cities), Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile, and maybe we'll pop to Buenos Aires at the end.

Absolutely no idea, other than maintaining passable Spanish over a period of time, how I've ended up in this position.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds pretty intense. Love it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will be one hell of a trip. Any downtime likely away from whichever incompetent liar you'll be going with?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine so, it'll probably involve sitting in airports and queuing at borders a lot.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trip sounds immense, Jim. You'll be documenting it daily on here, of course?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds dreadful. Good luck. I hope at least you get to stay there for a while at the end or something.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take Bolivia in the Kidnapping / dismemberment sweepstake please.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    That sounds dreadful. Good luck. I hope at least you get to stay there for a while at the end or something.
    The Mexico-Honduras-Guatemala-Panama-Dominican Republic-Guyana sequel is set for early next year.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread which comes from that.

Did the Spain one even make the nominations for the awards? Was that this year? I'd have nominated it if I could remembering stuff.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It didn’t but I think that’s because it was associated with this one. I forgot Jimmy gave it a separate thread.

Also, Colombia . Day 2 he’s killed by one of Escobar’s hippos.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim Vickery wearing loafers but no socks is the exact sort of thing I'm trying to avoid. I might have to go for the slob look with outsized polo shirts.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free the ankle, Jimmy. And wear a gold chain.