User Tag List

Page 120 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 6,000 of 11708

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I do blame them for is handing out countless antibiotic prescriptions over the phone for things which patently aren't bacterial infections.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    What I do blame them for is handing out countless antibiotic prescriptions over the phone for things which patently aren't bacterial infections.
    My Step Dad trained to become an ECP after many years of being a Paramedic. He had to shadow a GP for a few months as part of the training, and he was told by his mentor that Antibiotics were routinely used to shut up time wasters as it was quicker than explaining that a viral infection would clear up on its own. That was about 15 years ago now. I'm glad to see progress has been made.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely think it had, but has gone backwards with covid. Maybe they are scared of missing the bacterial infections because they aren't physically seeing the patients to make a proper assessment, so are just giving antibiotics to cover their arses.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember a few years back anitbiotic reaistance seemed to be in the news a lot. I'm assuming that potential problem hasn't just gone away so when's that gonna come back to bite us on the arse?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are already extensively drug resistant, and possibly totally drug resistant, strains of TB around.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I applied for a job where they said they were going to learn towards POC applicants so I thought my white cis ass had zero chance but held out hope. Didn’t get an interview. They just announced they hired a white kid called Jerry that already had the place on his LinkedIn prior to the hiring that’s working it alongside his several thousand dollar a month patreon where he talks about The Simpsons.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I applied for a job where they said they were going to learn towards POC applicants so I thought my white cis ass had zero chance but held out hope. Didn’t get an interview. They just announced they hired a white kid called Jerry that already had the place on his LinkedIn prior to the hiring that’s working it alongside his several thousand dollar a month patreon where he talks about The Simpsons.
    that kind of shit is the worst.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Im on day 9 of 10 of a penicillin course for tonsillitis at the moment. Diagnosed purely over the phone by god knows who bothered to call me back. She didn't ask for photos purely trusted what I'd told her. I do get it fairly often so maybe she could see in my notes I have a fair bit of experience with it? A few years back they were having me in to look and sending off swab samples.

Funniest thing though was she told me to wait a few days before I start taking them 'just in case' it goes away. Fuck that

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lad I know had an appointment at 5pm on a friday to talk about getting help for his drug addiction and the GP said 'this is too complicated to sort at this time on a friday, make another appointment'

Wife had similar issues with her GP not ringing when arranged then being pithy that she didn't pick up on the first ring when finally ringing. They must have forgot some people never went home during covid and can't/don't want to take personal medical calls in an office full of people.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the office again today and have just been speaking to one of my colleagues that has a poorly kid.

"My little one is so poorly, bless her. We've put a humidifier in her room with Olbas Oil in it to help her breathe, but we've still barely slept."

Been there, Sister (thisiswhatafeministlookslike.jpg).

Then she continued:

"The only problem is her windows end up getting covered in condensation, so we've had to buy a dehumidifier before we get mold around the window".

I need a new job. Fuck these people.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Congratulations to Jerry from Talking Simpsons. It could've been worse.

https://www.patreon.com/thesquizzy

I am making an 18+ parody game of the simpsons, You play as a tenant who is moving into the Simpson household. Marge kicked out Homer after Bart went to prison, of course she got sick of all Homers drinking. You had to move house because the only college that would let you in is in Simpvill. You go around the town of Simpvill making "friends" with the local girls. You're just a realistic guy stuck in a town full of simps, who could blame the girls for being fed up.
    It does highlight a problem with favouring minority candidates, though. They need to come forward in numbers and need to present themselves well. It's probably a fruitless endeavour unless you get real lucky.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Congratulations to Jerry from Talking Simpsons. It could've been worse.

https://www.patreon.com/thesquizzy
    Sorry, wtf?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he hasn't got one for Maggie.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    May as well update.

I returned to the job I couldn't be furloughed from in April, anticipated working alongside another chef but he no showed so I was on my own whilst guests were allowed on terrace or takeaways, waiting patiently whilst someone else arrived for the proper opening....no one did. Then one did. Then he fucked off. Twat. Ex head chef arrived from Poland so we've worked the last few months together but he returned a few weeks ago.

Here's where I am at though. I am in a different area and different pub but under same owner, I have complete control of the kitchen, it's my specials every day, I do all the ordering etc. Every last bit goes through me which is ridiculous as I am still very inexperienced but as tough as it is, it's enjoyable all the same. Nothing special but I like how far I have come. I keep trying and doing better, now winter is coming and things are quieting down I feel I could really make some further improvements as I'll have more time to play.
    Well....

What a difference a few weeks make. I came home on Friday for a week and today I went for a interview for a place opening in my home town mid-November, six figure investment which is nice and a brand new kitchen. They've only gone and offered me the gig. :huh:

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working from home has really, really broke my ability to get my head down. This week back in the office can't end soon enough.
    Last edited by Shindig; 20-10-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Working from home has really, really broke my ability to get my head down. This week back in the office can't end soon enough.
    My urge to work is plummeting almost as fast as my urge to kill is rising. It's not working from home though because I'm no better in the office. I just don't give a flying fuck any more.

Unfortunately the job and the flexibility around school runs make finding a different job pretty difficult so I'm stuck here until my wife can learn to drive (currently a year long waiting list for the test).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely need a new job. Bored out of my tree basically all the time and the job itself is getting more annoying.

A promotion of sorts has been listed and one of our managers expressed his surprise that I hadn't applied. Told him I wasn't interested and really hoping they don't ask me about it again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work better from home than in the office after the enforced office absence. Surprised with all the covid headlines that they haven't shut the office yet. My main problem at the moment is the workload is high and we are a man down long term so our usual 'quiet' period was non-existent and we are now hurtling towards the turbo end of the year with a lot less buffer between deadlines than I'd like.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the whole people seem to have completely fallen off.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty switched off but thankfully, I'm changing in two weeks. I think more frequent office time will help reconnect my brain to it and convincing myself it's worthwhile and not a slow march to death.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had loads of people leave in our office. Either they want to work from home (not possible with us) or they are just bored out of their mind and want any sort of change. Sometimes I feel the same but I'm a look-before-you-leap sort.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've only had a couple leave since the redundancies last year. One of which was an actual death. We're in a situation where we're not really dealing with our workload and the higher ups aren't either. So there's chances for development and I might go that route soon just to make things interesting.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went through mass redundancies last year and in a shocking turn of events, we’ve realised that we now don’t have enough staff to do what we need, so are now externally hiring a load of people.

Our leadership showing their strengths once again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rail industry is currently doing voluntary severance across the board because Grant Shapps has recommended it, despite projections showing it doesn't actually have enough staff to achieve it's aims.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works changed it so I can’t use Teams to chat to anyone outside of my organisation and it’s ruined my day.
    I'm a twit

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a chefs market at the moment. I've been offered another position today and now I'm confused. I hate having decisions to make, nice ones in this instance but notoriously bad for making the right one.

I wouldn't be the main man here which isn't a problem. I either take the one offered with the refurb, smack bang in the centre of my home town or I take the plunge and take the one offered down south. I could even go back to Cornwall and be ex chefs No2 from November 1st but I really haven't got a clue what to do right now.

Suggestions? Normally I take whatever is offered and go from there but I can afford to be a little more selective so nothing needs deciding today. Just a little perplexed at what to do now. :-/

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been in the office three times this week so far and spoken to actual people, which is nice. What isn't nice however is the drilling for oil (I've no idea what they're actually doing, or why it needs to be done until December) going on outside.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    It's a chefs market at the moment. I've been offered another position today and now I'm confused. I hate having decisions to make, nice ones in this instance but notoriously bad for making the right one.

I wouldn't be the main man here which isn't a problem. I either take the one offered with the refurb, smack bang in the centre of my home town or I take the plunge and take the one offered down south. I could even go back to Cornwall and be ex chefs No2 from November 1st but I really haven't got a clue what to do right now.

Suggestions? Normally I take whatever is offered and go from there but I can afford to be a little more selective so nothing needs deciding today. Just a little perplexed at what to do now. :-/
    Work out what's most jmportant for you and go from there.

You can always chat ut through with the people who have offered you the job and ask for more money, creative control etc.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I've been in the office three times this week so far and spoken to actual people, which is nice. What isn't nice however is the drilling for oil (I've no idea what they're actually doing, or why it needs to be done until December) going on outside.
    This is interfering too much with Oxford City action.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get on this 'Too good to go' app. You pay a less than 50% price for a lucky dip bag of food these gaffs were gonna chuck. Sensational app until it becomes popular and the idea collapses on itself.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve used it twice. Was shite and felt like I was a nuisance for showing up, cos the staff were clearly fed up of scruffs turning up and stealing the stuff they’d otherwise take home to their abusive partners. Can’t even remember what food I got but it didn’t feel like a bargain.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learned a new job this week for what will effectively kill a couple of hours. I'll take it because the bread and butter of the role is fucking tedium.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back in the office to discover that the bloke next to me who had quit has now un-quit, and the director of finance is signed off with stress. This is the best company ever.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the MD say 'welcome back, Jayden'?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the office tommorrow as I've run out of excuses. Talk of 2/3 days a week throughout November. Plan B can't come quick enough.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's more like it, you weasel. Once a week for us, no rumours of an increase on that and I'd find it unlikely until 2022.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually working from home this afternoon as there's a glazier coming round, it's bloody awful. If I could chuck three grand at a state of the art office area, then yeah, maybe.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That's more like it, you weasel. Once a week for us, no rumours of an increase on that and I'd find it unlikely until 2022.
    It was a good run. My plan is to cut productivity by a third on office days.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one thing I've noticed about the pandemic. The fat people in the office got fatter. Universally. They've reversed the decision on facemasks and now they are to be worn away from desks. Fucking jobsworths.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is completely pointless.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a new guy in our department this week, working under me and another guy. He's the son of the company's Arab sales rep, and has been 'in trouble with the law' in Jordan. By his own admission he's been sent over here in a deal between his father and the company owner in order to 'keep him out of trouble'. The way he will keep out of trouble is that he has a five year temporary visa here, linked to the company, and any problems he causes in the UK will cause him to be deported and back into the hands of the Jordanian authorities, so his dad figures that this will force him onto the straight and narrow. As reasons for hiring someone to your company go, it's right up there.

They tried putting him in finance first but he made a tit of himself there (hence the director being signed off with stress), so now they're trying him in sales. Cheers lads.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did he do in Jordan?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did he do to make a tit of himself with such repercussions?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has he thought about buying a premier league football club?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    What did he do to make a tit of himself with such repercussions?
    Strolled around like he owned the place, and responded to any rebukes or attempted correction with 'Do you know how much money my dad makes for the company'.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a lost cause so. Deported by Christmas.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to ask if he's a mong or just a cunt and but it sounds like he's definitely the latter anyway.

It's very decent of your work to keep giving you fresh hells to deal with for the benefit of the thread.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my mates has just walked out of his work having told his boss to go fuck himself. His wife is going to kill him and I've no idea how he's going to feed his children, but aside from those little details I am insanely jealous.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Child starvation is a small price to pay for how good that must feel.