Results 3,951 to 4,000 of 11689

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Tim, tip for the future, get a hands free headphone/mic combo for your phone. At this point they're better than a laptop mic/cam set-up.
    I will do, thanks. I only have a basic smart phone (Huawei P something) but I assume any would be fine?

Finally start working again tomorrow so I can start making some plans. It's a horrible thought that just two weeks is all I need to obliterate the income I've had since March. However, I've enjoyed this kind of. It definitely makes me want to get more involved even once I've got the desired result.

We're trying to set up a cross party group now and the questions to MP's are going to be a regular thing. Another has been arranged for next Monday so I'll try and order one off Amazon if you fancy linking me to a sufficient one.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    I will do, thanks. I only have a basic smart phone (Huawei P something) but I assume any would be fine?

Finally start working again tomorrow so I can start making some plans. It's a horrible thought that just two weeks is all I need to obliterate the income I've had since March. However, I've enjoyed this kind of. It definitely makes me want to get more involved even once I've got the desired result.

We're trying to set up a cross party group now and the questions to MP's are going to be a regular thing. Another has been arranged for next Monday so I'll try and order one off Amazon if you fancy linking me to a sufficient one.
    The camera will be better and it's just a matter of getting a decent bluetooth headset. I'm not your man for that @Giggles or someone will know better on that front.

Recommend getting one of these tripods for 20 quid as well: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Phone+t...tag=gearjuk-21

and then you've got a remote recording studio for about 50 quid.

Last reccomendation would be finding a set-up in a room with lots of fabric. Maybe a living room that has couches and carpet in it? Do that and close the curtains and you'll get less echo.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huawei? Get the fuck out of my country.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5G superspreading cunt.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, @phonics.

I finally got to work today and it was amazing. OK it wasn't any cooking but deep cleaning a kitchen and reorganising everything was awesome. Today has been awesome too tbh as the campaign I'm part of has hit the money load. A meeting is being set up shadow chancellor of exchequer so hopefully if things move fast we might get some news on the 8th when Sunak makes his announcements but if not then we're further ahead than we were. It will happen eventually.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MD just came into the office and told us the Saudis have dumped a million dollar order on us (our total stock at any one time is worth about 4 million). Fucking love the Saudis, always have done, you could quote them fresh air at a million bob a square inch and they'd say 'delivery within three months please'. You'd better pay me a bonus now you piece of shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but you can have an extra 3 days less holiday.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens if I go into negative holiday from all these generous deductions? Do I have to start coming in at night? I mean, it would be an honour.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for God's sake don't win Employee of the Month.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    MD just came into the office and told us the Saudis have dumped a million dollar order on us (our total stock at any one time is worth about 4 million). Fucking love the Saudis, always have done, you could quote them fresh air at a million bob a square inch and they'd say 'delivery within three months please'. You'd better pay me a bonus now you piece of shit.
    I mean, you didn't technically make the sale...

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prepped half the new menu today and had meeting about how we'll go about things. Later in the evening, I only got to ask Keir Starmer directly about what's happened over the last few months with being ineligible for all schemes etc.

Lots of MP's agreeing to join the APPG now too...i really think it's going to happen. Woo!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Sir to you.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prepped half the new menu today and had meeting about how we'll go about things. Later in the evening, I only got to ask Keir Starmer directly about what's happened over the last few months with being ineligible for all schemes etc.

Lots of MP's agreeing to join the APPG now too...i really think it's going to happen. Woo!
    What is going to happen exactly?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's going to be a menu and people will order food off of it. Are you fucking thick or something?
    Last edited by Spikey M; 02-07-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kier Starmer will be making a soufflé, if I've followed correctly

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    What is going to happen exactly?
    3M+ employees and employers to get the support they should have had in March and I'm going to get fucked on the weekend.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not unless you can get the Rashford onside
    Last edited by Spikey M; 02-07-2020 at 10:50 PM.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not just throw out that 3m figure without informing the good people whose money you're asking for what that total includes.

I don't know who from that first group thought it'd be good to get the others aboard but let's just say I'll wank a tremendous amount when Rishi spits in their faces and that's nothing against your lot.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are all not tax payers?

On one hand you've got govt saying build, build, build whilst simultaneously destroying many businesses and the extra job losses that comes with it.

3M+ is easiest way but reality is probably over 5M as new starters was a huge number.

Example. If my employer didn't take personal loan out then everyone would have lost their jobs. There is enough redundancies on the way as it is.

All the campaign groups have differing figures but hm treasury report last week highlighted a lot with recommendations. I'll be happy when such a large % of the countries work force gets supported.
    Last edited by Smjffy; 02-07-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3M+ employees and employers to get the support they should have had in March and I'm going to get fucked on the weekend.
    Is this actually happening?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it is. Unless you mean getting fucked on the weekend and yes, that's also happening.

Even the treasury released a report confirming it as well as suggestions on how to fix it. It's wrong, so wrong. Forget my furlough stuff, it's gone way beyond that. I didn't realise it wasn't just new starters who got screwed. It was so many more.

EDIT: Check out the comments, SVN. It's bang out of order.
    Last edited by Smjffy; 03-07-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morbid fucker.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What comments are you referring to?

It will be interesting to see what support they offer to those that weren't elligible for any of the current schemes.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Tweet. Or if you use Twitter, type in the hashtag #who are pretty much representing all those affected be it new starters, self employed, directors and so on.

As I said, if my employer never took out a £107,000 personal loan then nearly 100 of us would have lost our jobs regardless of being furloughed or not and truthfully for me personally, that would have been it.
    Last edited by Smjffy; 10-11-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of interest (and not intended as a dig), did you look for other work? One of my friends was furloughed and rather than sit at home, he went and got a job as an Amazon delivery driver and has been raking it in.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Out of interest (and not intended as a dig), did you look for other work? One of my friends was furloughed and rather than sit at home, he went and got a job as an Amazon delivery driver and has been raking it in.
    For me personally, kind of. I was heading home back to Wales so I could do just that, I planned on jumping back in care but then I collapsed in Truro and ended up in hospital then back to where I came.

I would have looked for work from day one but I was struggling to even buy food. The biggest problem for me personally as far as work goes wasn't so much that I couldn't but where I am in the country. I live in a place called St Mawes and lockdown meant the ferry closed, the National Express closed and the train was £200 for a one way ticket. When I say I'm stranded, I really was stranded where I am.

If I had gone home then chances are I'd have got a former employer to hire me back and I wouldn't even be part of this furlough business. I'm no work shy individual, I'll do whatever. I signed up to UC and they offered picking jobs on fields as we were short staffed for them and I'd have done that but I couldn't get to any of them nor did they offer accommodation.

I did have an interview for the track and trace app but I wasn't selected in the end. I could have worked from home doing that.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you couldn't get another job if you were furloughed?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, no, you could and many did. You just couldn't work for current employer.

A lot of people have done very well out of the schemes and that's good, I'm glad for them but when 3M+ haven't and for many it's a case of debt, losing homes, businesses, jobs....it's a hard pill to swallow.

Another example. We hired a 17 year old in my place of work, first job, first time in full time in paid employment and started 10 days before me....got secured by being furloughed. Me, 35, 19 years of solid taxes etc, worked for employer before, had contract, wage slip, everything but I got nothing.

My bills didn't stop, just my income.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I thought you couldn't get another job if you were furloughed?
    Nope, you can. You just need to check that your current employer is okay with it (in case they you were doing work for a competitor, for example).

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My work have been refusing to pay some invoices cos they would leave us about £600k in the red. Had a meeting today where they were all bigging themselves up beforehand “WE WILL NOT PAY THEM!” “The data cannot be correct.” “They’re pulling a fast one.” etc.

Cue meeting, everyone’s sheepish af and it seems that they’re gonna have to pay and who the hell knows how.

Thankfully it all spans from before I started but dayum someone messed up royally when setting this contract up.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email has come through, current plan is no office until 1st Jan.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    My work have been refusing to pay some invoices cos they would leave us about £600k in the red. Had a meeting today where they were all bigging themselves up beforehand “WE WILL NOT PAY THEM!” “The data cannot be correct.” “They’re pulling a fast one.” etc.

Cue meeting, everyone’s sheepish af and it seems that they’re gonna have to pay and who the hell knows how.

Thankfully it all spans from before I started but dayum someone messed up royally when setting this contract up.
    Most people wouldn't find their impending unemployment funny.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Most people wouldn't find their impending unemployment funny.
    I’m safe as houses, don’t worry.

One of my side (I’d say bois but it’s three women, and I’m not bruh enough to say gals) grew some balls at the end and batted back a bit but jeez we’re done for. I’ve been saying for ages that something was up but it fell on deaf ears for too long and now people have took it seriously it’s too late. Serves em right. My line manager agrees and feels exactly the same about other issues she’s raised, that she’s all but given up even trying to point out mistakes in contract discussions.

The whole place needs a cull really. Prehistoric mentality ruining what could otherwise be successful.

First to go will be the woman who stole my desk, obvs.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you been handing out blowies?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I just heard one of the warehouse people come into the manager's office and ask to borrow money because he's skint. Is that a thing? Surely not. People really are useless.
    Craig Bellamy asked for an advance on his wages once I'm sure of it.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today's the today and I'm so far behind as far as being prepared for it as some suppliers still haven't got to us.

This is not going to end well.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is indeed today.

Enjoy yourself.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tooo-day is gonna be the day

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking at the first sign of work. That's our Tim.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was madness. Absolute madness.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately found myself being let go at the end of my (extended) probation period at the job I started just under a year ago. Even more irritating is the fact the probation was extended as I took 3 days to care for a dependent (my daughter) and the extension was automatic if that was the case. Didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but it's come back to bite me.

I had the end of probation meeting and it felt like no matter what I said, their minds were made up that I was going. The managers brought up some performance issues - one was understandable as I hadn't done something in time, but I had rebuttals for the majority and was even able to send reports/documents as proof when the meeting was briefly adjourned, which definitely surprised them. Made no difference though and that was that.

So now it's back to the drawing board. I should be able to find something (hopefully soon), but either way it's going to be a few weeks or months eating into the savings that we've been putting aside for a house.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the job in? I'm guessing it was a COVID related redundancy.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, it was food packaging which you'd think would be pretty safe from anything. They did let someone else go in a similar but higher role to mine a few months ago, and she'd been there for 10+ years, so it could be some restructuring of the departments.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thr trivia thread.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any bosses will use any excuse at this point. 'Uncertainty'

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found out both the managers in the office here are leaving.

Pretty gutted as they're both extremely sound.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to stop dialing into company webcasts. Every time I do I have less confidence about having a job at the end of the year.

Brutal.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother in law's just got the axe from his banking job. He said earlier in the year he expected to be gone by April. Meanwhile our work's ballooned up and they're asking the HP's if they want to work overtime. Hopefully that trickles down to some overtime for us.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're bringing everybody back off furlough and have apparently beaten the revised target for the quarter so all the people who were 'asked' to take a temporary 10% paycut are getting their money back.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of MP's agreeing to join the APPG now too...
    152 have joined now. It's tomorrow morning but I'm going to do it via my phone as I haven't got round to getting a headset.

Today has been quite a quiet one compared to Saturday which was nice. It's surprising how broken I feel after just a few days, it's as though my joints don't know which direction to go.