User Tag List

Page 108 of 235 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,400 of 11733

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've made the ridiculous mistake of being completely up to date with my work, so I'm now being sent out to do a load of Home Visits for my colleague that can't manage her own workload. Can't wait to spend the day in fucking Romford.

Atleast I get that sweet sweet 40p per mile I suppose.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our office has been completely remodelled in our absence towards hot desking. Just as the government has changed it message towards everyone going back to work to save the daytime economy.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to the office by August 19th at the very latest, at which point I'll be rubbing shoulders with multiple vaccine virgins thanks to Allah on high.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the paediatric registrars wrote a letter (which all the paeds juniors signed) to management and the deanery about how unsafe working conditions have been recently.

It triggered an emergency board meeting with the chief executive in attendance on the same day which we were all invited to attend.

There have already been major changes made which have dramatically improved the situation.

Turns out apes together strong.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 13-07-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing a letter writing campaign cannot solve.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'll be glad when I'm back working from home. There's no life to the office now. Extend that to the whole of Durham, as well. Deserted. It's quite daft to see dozens crowd downstairs for their covid tests as well. I'd be pushing all that to home testing to free up the testers back to their day jobs.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where some people got all depressed from being thrust into working from home (idiots) I reckon I’d be the other way. If I got an email tomorrow saying I’m back in the office full time from X date, I’d probably have to get signed off sick. WFH 4 life.
    I'm a twit

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they'll do a U-turn as soon as winter creeps/cases explode/new variant comes in which will happen by September when we're meant to be back to our new 3 days in the office routine. I'm more concerned I lose my hefty London weighting if I end up WFH permanently. My mental health would also not cope with it long-term.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, maybe. I don't see any decision as final. We're pencilled in for September. Honestly, both have perks. I like the routine of getting out and going to work. I like getting home and actually unwinding, whereas working from home you're fully unwound forever. But working from home goes so damn quick and I can do house stuff on the clock.

I can tell some people won't budge. Some people love being in an empty office, some people can't do without working from home. The bigger problems is how it impacts your job. I had a call from DWP before for a quick question. I didn't have the answer to hand and would normally ask for their number. The person at the other end is working from home so I can't just find what I need and ring them back. Little things like that add some faff and communication's the first thing to go when you've got such a split.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My work is persevering with "agile working" for now, which suits me. The office is fine once in a while but I'm with Baz on needing an intervention if they ever say we're going back full time.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I wouldn't mind settling back into home working now. Comparatively speaking, it drags. And we got a good demonstration today of the shit our team leaders are being stuck with.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to sort out a refund for someone and explained yesterday that we need all refund requests in writing as we need to check the signature (I know, I know). So to save her time I invited her to write a quick note requesting the refund, take a photo of it and email it through to save her time and effort.

Today I received a screenshot of my own email attached to an email saying "can I have refund please x".

It's going to be a long day.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty staggering how bad people are at following what seems to be clear instruction.

I've applied for a new job internally in other news. The hiring manager is someone I've worked with a lot and wants me for the role so hopefully it can all happen quickly - based in Germany. Bit of a pain post brexit with only being a Brit passport wise as it adds about 6 weeks to get a work permit.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wunderbar.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Kiko!

3 new jobs have gone up in my team, one of which would be a promotion. But surprise, surprise, nobody already in the team is eligible to apply. Reinforces my view that career progression is nil.

Got a bit of a review with my boss soon so already lined up career progression sort of questions because right now it seems like a complete dead end.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I've taken from this week is how fucked team leaders seem to be at the minute. A new manager came in and started 'putting their stamp on things'. It involves asking teams with a full workload to do these time consuming tasks for very, very little benefit.

Highlight of the week was getting a call about a health professional abandoning an assessment because the claimant's tourettes was too sweary.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few months ago I was sent a draft job spec by my line manager who said ‘when this goes out you should apply.’

It’s now gone out and it’s for double my current salary. I don’t think they’ll choose me.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You absolutely should apply

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be mad not to apply.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's face it, if you apply it's a done deal. Your champion titles alone will secure the position.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve applied.

Will have to lose of some of my Champion titles if I get it though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you can retain Spreadsheet Badboy status it will be worth the sacrifice

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interview sorted for next week. In person which surprises me. Guess that means I’m working from the office that day.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Interview sorted for next week. In person which surprises me. Guess that means I’m working from the office that day.
    Hold on. Are you actually trying to change companies?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're out of control now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm staying put but for more money, hopefully. I almost blocked the Bulgarian lass that rang back to arrange it because it sounded like she was trying to tell me my PC had a virus.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a new person at work, and, a month into the job, he has started going on about organising team stuff out of hours. Who does that? He has to sit right next to me as well. I feel like Baz.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by that last bit?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weren't you seething about some annoying woman intruding on your space?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate everyone so yes, probably.

Team stuff out of hours is a sticky one for me. There’s some good drinkers in my team so I don’t actually mind going out with some of them, but the ideal is to get to someone high up the ladder to organise it and they’ll let you finish at like 12 but still get paid a full day.

Saturdays are a straight no though. It’s gotta be either when you’re meant to be at work, or immediately after.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours all seemed to be arranged by team leaders for Friday as soon as everyone clocked off. Having someone new trying to arrange stuff just makes me think he's desperate to fit in.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I hate everyone so yes, probably.

Team stuff out of hours is a sticky one for me. There’s some good drinkers in my team so I don’t actually mind going out with some of them, but the ideal is to get to someone high up the ladder to organise it and they’ll let you finish at like 12 but still get paid a full day.

Saturdays are a straight no though. It’s gotta be either when you’re meant to be at work, or immediately after.
    If you get the new job will you be the boss of the woman that donned you with the seating plan?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the two cunts started after me so I’ve went on my last work drinks. The lockdowns have been excellent for not looking bad.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    If you get the new job will you be the boss of the woman that donned you with the seating plan?
    Would be for a different place entirely.

She's actually done alright for herself out of Covid, bagged herself some contact tracing related job and, thankfully, fucked off out my team.

And she's not coming the wedding where everyone from work is coming, and I got lumbered with sorting the minibus so happy days. Speaking of which there's a girl from finance who your grandparents would describe as 'rum' but since working from home she's seemingly transformed into a bit of a fitty. She wasn't even invited to the wedding so I invited her (she knows the groom) and she's coming. Bonus.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonus for who exactly?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inviting work colleagues to a wedding :-/

I've got my first interview on Thursday. The hiring manager is cool though, they know I'm ill and it's more to tick the box [the seethe when I'm rejected]

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Sounds like a mutually beneficial arrangement.
    It would.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bloke in Norfolk rang up for a water pump. Forty quid. He said great I'll take it. I said wonderful, could I take your card details. He said WHAT? I have a credit account with you. I said no, you haven't. He said I HAVE. I checked. He didn't. Last order was three years ago. Accounts lapse after two years of inactivity (pretty generous, too). I explained. He said: WHY DIDN'T I GET A LETTER? I said, a letter? He said yes, a letter. I said what would this letter say? He said it would advise me that my account has been closed. I said well, we can't spend our time doing that for all the people who don't order from us.

At this point he collapsed into what I think were actual tears. YOU COULDN'T EVEN DO ME THE COURTESY, he says, a man who did less than a thousand pounds of business with us even in his peak year of 2009. THE WAY PEOPLE GET TREATED NOW IS A DISGRACE. I said OK, can I take your card details? Then he rang off.

If you don't have forty quid, you shouldn't be in business. 'End of', as the kids say.

And, I'm telling you, heads have gone.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 22-07-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though if somebody's giving it that I'm prepared to guess they were a flouncy melt before COVID.
    Last edited by Ian; 22-07-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mid 40's to mid 50's. Self made man. Shorter than average. Nailed on.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure self made is compatible with not having 40 quid or a credit card.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bloke (likely Yev) on the other day giving it 'this country has gone to the dogs" over a few quid. Heads HAVE gone.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Not sure self made is compatible with not having 40 quid or a credit card.
    It's more than likely "THE PRINCIPLE" rather than lack of funds.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the managers is leaving and my manager has just spent the last half hour talking me through how best to approach getting her job.

Problem is; I don't want it. It's bad enough being under a perma-pissed alcoholic with all the people skills of a late summer wasp, never mind working along side her as an equal (not that there would be any prospect of equality. I would inherit the shit she doesn't want to do even more so than now).

It's irritating because the money would be welcome and it would mean not having to dirty my hands with evictions and court hearings, but the cons sadly outweigh that.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it and then get her done some day she lands in pissed.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the charity I work for now, we put a bit saying we don't send acknowledgements by default, but tick this box if you want one.

Someone who donated to the last mailing did not tick this box, and therefore did not receive an acknowledgement.

They sent us a complaint about not getting one, and upper management have decided the best approach of dealing with this is to get us to send a paper acknowledgement to all ~2500 people who donated and did not tick the box. Which is, quite obviously, going to generate far more complaints about us wasting paper etc.

I reckon if I sent a donation of a fiver anonymously with a message that I didn't like our corporate font, they'd shit their pants and hire a branding consultat

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Take it and then get her done some day she lands in pissed.
    We're still working from home, so I only know because she regularly phones me to slur and dribble whatever's on her mind down the phone.

Aside from turning up for a Teams Meeting she'd forgotten about pissed, I'm not sure many others know it's going on and I'm not sure it's worth the grief reporting it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottle merchant.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She sure is.