Page 236 of 236 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236
Results 11,751 to 11,772 of 11772

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brav download Grindr and enjoy the travels and all that exotic manjuice.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't waste your v-plates on a Frenchman ffs.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have an app where you can upload receipts on the spot and just dump them then. We've just switched to Pleo from having standard corporate cards and it's way better.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I thought Spanish was your second language?
    Spanish third, German fourth.

We do have an app but we also have dickhead accountants, or, as they're better known, accountants.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy is so exploited it's untrue.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy you are obviously a smart guy. You can sell by the sounds of it and seemingly build rapport with people why the fuck don’t you do something in Financial services? Your job is already soul destroying at least earn some fucking decent money whilst doing it.

Best thing I ever did was fuck my middle management job off and start doing what I do now.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really motivated by (big) money, I earn OK, and don't have kids to provide for. Although I may moan from time to time this job is a good balance for me and allows me to use my language skills (which, I always have to tell myself when I get inferiority complexes or am being sneered at by Frenchmen, are fucking amazing given I've never lived in these countries and am 18 years removed from any formal education in them) and get home at a good time and try to be a top class cricket umpire at the same time.

When I was 22 I got through to the final 5/6 of two really big, competitive corporate London grad schemes, both of which involved a 2 day assessment centre. In both cases I absolutely breezed through all the pre-selection, competency tests, phone interviews, absolutely aced all of it but as soon as I got to the in-person assessment centres I knew I wasn't getting one of the 3 or 4 jobs because they just looked straight through me, I guess I'm just not attractive to corporate people for whatever reason. That convinced me I'd be better off just getting any old job locally and using natural talent to work my way up, that's exactly what I've done and that's probably for the best.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man got ensnared in the era of positive discrimination focused on BAME, which ironically found itself replaced by the more fruity variety of positive discrimination that would have offered wild riches.

All joking aside, you can't be making blanket statements about the corporate cretins and what they sought off the back off just two ACs. Getting at least half a dozen of them under your belt was the norm.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought my gaff would laugh me away when I applied but I’m still here 12 years later.

You don’t know until you find out.

But I wholeheartedly think an enjoyable job (or at least a tolerable one) completely trumps a stressful, soul destroying one for a little bit more. It needs to be game changing or it’s not important.

I’ve made that clear recently - I’ll stay as long as they don’t kick me out. I don’t need to rise up the ladder any more - this level is fine and comfortable for my needs.

All that level of scrutiny in expenses does is make you want to exploit it. Ungrateful fucks.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Submit your future expenses in overly complicated French, just to remind them they only have you who can work in French.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong, the corporate cretins were right not to hire me. The people that got the jobs were all big, bold, high energy personalities which plays well in those settings and that's just not who I am, so there was no point pursuing that side of things any further.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could probably find as good a work life balance job for the same if not better renumeration without the complete circus, though.

If you really want to drive the point home to the thickos simply invite them along on the next one.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only real way to prove your worth in this business is in numbers, thankfully at this stage I'm 134% up on what the old bastard did last year in these territories so long may that continue.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't your commission shit though?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the corporate cretins were right not to hire me. The people that got the jobs were all big, bold, high energy personalities which plays well in those settings and that's just not who I am, so there was no point pursuing that side of things any further.
    I dunno, you need some straight talkers who can get shit done. There's quite a clash of cultures in my place between the yanks (not all high energy but all full of bullshit and all seem to want to live in a fantasy land where everything is great and perfect) and us lot over here who will tell them shit is broken and not perfect and we actually get shit done.

They're a fucking exhausting people.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The public sector is designed to soak up the freaks/non-cunts.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Isn't your commission shit though?
    It is at the moment, but then it's (success permitting) double what it was last year, and the boss recently called me and another guy into a room and said that at the end of the year one of us is getting made manager for all Europe with 6 people reporting into us, and if I lose the battle to that guy then it'll be time for seppuku anyway. So things are alright on that front.

And yes, Americans are a massive waste of time. They spend all their lives at work but never seem to actually do fuck all.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    It is at the moment, but then it's (success permitting) double what it was last year, and the boss recently called me and another guy into a room and said that at the end of the year one of us is getting made manager for all Europe with 6 people reporting into us, and if I lose the battle to that guy then it'll be time for seppuku anyway. So things are alright on that front.

And yes, Americans are a massive waste of time. They spend all their lives at work but never seem to actually do fuck all.
    Ah Jimmy. I genuinely like you, so don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like I've been reading this sort of post from you for years. The reward is always just around the corner.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because I've been waiting for all the old cunts to die. The guy I went to South America with has finally been pensioned off, a month beyond his 80th birthday. From the start of this month I gained two countries from the guy who's 73. So progress is being made.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m at a football tournament in the morning, followed by someone’s “leaving lunch” and then the pub after work for their leaving drinks. Annoyingly I’ve got lots of work to try and fit in between.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm mainly with Jimmy here. Although you don't want to be completely taken advantage of, there's a lot to be said for managing to be happy and avoiding the corporate nonsense.

I earn a really good salary already, drive 8 minutes to work and am essentially my own boss. I could easily earn at least £20-30k more by stepping up a level (which I'm about to become qualified for) but it would involve interacting with corporate shite and probably travelling around regularly. At the moment there's absolutely no chance I'd even consider it because I can do things like be sat at the dinner table with my child by 5pm every day. I am still doing the necessary qualifications to future-proof myself but even just getting a small taste of what I'd be in for is wanting me to curl up and die.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The corporate bonuses are nice, though.