User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been sweating a lot more since I've been on it too.

I've done mirtazapine (and citalapram) but it didn't work for me bar the first few days. It also made me really angry.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you just stop it completely before? They're meant to taper down the does, aren't they?

I'm on sertraline. Have been for about two years now, come to think of it. Bit scared to come off it, tbh, as I feel okay(ish) these days.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medication as a crutch is probably one of the reasons I'd hate to be chronically depressed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Did you just stop it completely before? They're meant to taper down the does, aren't they?

I'm on sertraline. Have been for about two years now, come to think of it. Bit scared to come off it, tbh, as I feel okay(ish) these days.
    I stopped the citalapram shortly after getting to know the Ukrainian camgirl (ugh) and since going back on I've been open with my GP about medication.

I've gone from different citalapram doses to being weened off in order to go on mirtazapine, then I got a stronger dose before another GP prescribed a small dose of citalapram to go with the mirtazapine.

Then got weened off and put on venlafaxine, I complained that I wasn't sure it was working so they bumped the dose up.

I've ranged from 10mg of citalapram to being on 150mg of venlafaxine currently.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should all flush them next time the board is flagging just to see what happens.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say if anyone needs a random to talk to my PM is always open and I'm more than happy to talk things out.

I know sometimes you just need someone to vent to and if an anonymous American can do it for you by all means please feel free.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if he isn't online, just PM me and I'll reply with crap gifs.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post

Yeah, I did. I know what you mean about not wanting to come off, but I kinda feel like I'm sacrificing highs in order to not feel lows, which I'm not fond of.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Venlafaxine is horrible stuff. I remember first taking it when we had the pub, went to play a game of pool and I was dripping in sweat just walking around the table. Literally any physical activity and it was a shower of sweat, quit that within two weeks. I think a lot of doctors chuck 'em at you as even they're not fully aware which of them will work with who. I've tried four separate ones, and Mirtazapine is the only one that has properly helped. Got to the point I self medicate. Very good day, none, good/average day, half a tablet, awful day, full 30mg.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also on sertraline, it's the fashionable one at the moment particularly for young people. Side effect profile is meant to be a bit better.

It's definitely helped me, although I think it might just be keeping my mood good enough to carry on doing what I'm doing, when really what's going to fix things is changing what I'm doing with my life. Think I just need to stick out the medicine degree til the end and then do something else.

I have found someone at the university (one of the academic advisers) who actually seems to 'get' me, though, as lame as that sounds. Felt like she could put into words things I've always felt but have never really been able to express. Was almost a bit disconcerting. Has made a huge difference talking to her every couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's stringing you along for some eclairs.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Venlafaxine is horrible stuff. I remember first taking it when we had the pub, went to play a game of pool and I was dripping in sweat just walking around the table. Literally any physical activity and it was a shower of sweat, quit that within two weeks. I think a lot of doctors chuck 'em at you as even they're not fully aware which of them will work with who. I've tried four separate ones, and Mirtazapine is the only one that has properly helped. Got to the point I self medicate. Very good day, none, good/average day, half a tablet, awful day, full 30mg.
    I might give that a shot. If I can't sleep that'll be the end of that, but I'm doing enough exercise to be tired all the time so hopefully I'm alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    I'm also on sertraline, it's the fashionable one at the moment particularly for young people. Side effect profile is meant to be a bit better.
    I was at an amateur comedy night and a performer was talking about how he takes sertraline for his depression and anxiety. Either it worked far better than anything has for me, or he's just an attention-seeking twat.

leedsrevolution
    I was on sertraline. Coming off it was quite hard for me. Got these electric shocks in my brain constantly and a lot of vertigo. If anyone decides to come off it, try and coincide it with a holiday.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or get signed off. The 'electric shocks' are caused by an electrolyte imbalance. Multivitamins will help sort that for the most part. I used to get it after festivals.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GP has agreed that I should go off Venlafaxine.

A week of 37.5mg and then I'm on Sertraline.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sertraline crew

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really depression, just general mental health really...

Struggling today. I feel like I could end up having a proper meltdown soon unless something gives. I'm taking on far too much really and I don't think it's sustainable. I'd be alright if I had more people to talk to, but a by-product of taking so much on is finding it hard to find the time to catch with mates and that, which is a really stupid position to be in.

It's only until June, although in September it'll ramp back up again once term starts. So yeah. Fuck sake. See how it goes, but I don't really have any answers.other than delaying my Masters until the year after. That's probably worth considering, thinking about it. Right now though I'm at the stage where I can't relax and I'm getting irritable about tiny little things, which isn't really characteristic of me and is probably a warning sign.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take less on then.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Or find a routine that accommodates it, if you're committed to the workload.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His wage-thief counsellor mates would have spun about ten sessions out of that post as well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understaand how a student can be that busy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but this thing has happened to me where I sort of stop feeling any emotions. I could be in a beautiful place, or talking with great people, and think, 'This is beautiful, I'm happy,' but I don't really feel the happiness. The same thing with sadness or anything else. It's like the place in your body where you usually feel emotions has turned into a rock.

This happened to me before, for about a month last summer, so I recognized it when it began again. I've got absolutely no time for it though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to adulthood.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but this thing has happened to me where I sort of stop feeling any emotions. I could be in a beautiful place, or talking with great people, and think, 'This is beautiful, I'm happy,' but I don't really feel the happiness. The same thing with sadness or anything else. It's like the place in your body where you usually feel emotions has turned into a rock.

This happened to me before, for about a month last summer, so I recognized it when it began again. I've got absolutely no time for it though.
    Congratulations, you're British.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm beginning to understand the board a little more...

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I don't really understaand how a student can be that busy.
    The course involves five hours of college and ten hours of placement per week, and I also have a full time job because I couldn't afford to do it otherwise.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to hit the drugs Spoons.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doctor: I've got good news, and bad news

Patient: What's the good news?

Doctor: They're gonna name a disease after you.

leedsrevolution
    So I'm feeling pretty much awful. I have suffered with anxiety and depression before but this feels different. I'm not getting any of the physical symptoms that I usually get (tight chest etc). But I feel an absolute mess. On the verge of a full on mental breakdown. I'm not having suicidal thoughts but I just want to run away, disappear. It's not a relationship thing cos I've no issues in that department. I think the forthcoming child ain't helping. I'm not on any medication at the moment and don't want to get back on it. Don't really know what this message is going to help with either. It's basically just all shit but for no particular reason.

The fact there's no reason behind it makes it worse n all.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick on your favourite album and go for a walk to try and clear your head. Don't turn to booze, though. You might just be tired and can't be arsed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep writing down your thoughts/feelings, leeds. It helps for whatever reason. Exercise and sing and laugh each day. I think you play drums/an instrument too? Try doing some of that if you can.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's too far gone for learning the tambourine. Run away (far away) before the kid arrives.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find where Lewis lives and punch his dog.

leedsrevolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Keep writing down your thoughts/feelings, leeds. It helps for whatever reason. Exercise and sing and laugh each day. I think you play drums/an instrument too? Try doing some of that if you can.

I went and played drums for an hour then went and played footy. Determined for tomorrow to be more positive. Pisses me of that excersise can make you feel better cos it's well shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    I went and played drums for an hour then went and played footy. Determined for tomorrow to be more positive. Pisses me of that excersise can make you feel better cos it's well shit.
    But walking is piss and you do it all of the time.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    It might not work for all but I go for a walk with a notepad and trusty travel cup, find a nice spot and write down what was good and bad for the week. Walking is so boring but it really does help and jotting things down at least gives you something visual as opposed to the scattered thoughts in your mind.

Perhaps go for a bath and get an early night, RL. Wake up nice and early then start as you mean to go on?
    An early night is impossible for me if my mind is racing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think your insomnia is linked to any kind of depression or mental health thing Offy?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, definitely. As far back as I remember my parents would be arguing as if I couldn't hear them and obviously it was terrifying as a child. Sometimes I'd even get out of bed and watch/listen from the top of the stairs. So that was my youth up until I was 9. There are plenty of times when I'll put my head down, start breathing slowly in and out and thinking about relaxing stuff but my heart will start racing. Sometimes its because there's something specific on my mind, but that isn't all too often. I'm trying to come off sleeping tablets at the moment, and with exercise I do alright, but my quality of sleep is rarely any good which means I either don't get enough sleep or I sleep long enough to knock my routine out by an hour or two. At the moment I'm opting for the latter because I can't afford to be tired with all my uni work going on. I still am tired most of the time, though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    It's all that squinting at family gatherings.
    Not to be all Magic, but I think this is my favourite post.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone on here not on anti-depressants?

leedsrevolution
    Well I'm not at this present time. Albeit I probably should be. Aaron Lennon detained under the mental health act.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Encouraging stuff.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    That must be pretty shit given how important sleep actually is. It never ceases to amaze me how many problems in adulthood stem from upbringing.
    Yeah, it's bringing me to a stage where I'm not sure I should ever stray from my routine because it takes weeks to get it back.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a kid, Offy. Sounds weird but when you're being subjected to some sort of sleep-depravation torture, you learn how to just appreciate sleep and, well, go to sleep. I always had quite a lot of problems sleeping before but these days I do alright, I can even manage the occasional daytime nap which was out of the question before.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have actually considered having kids as an excuse to settle down.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not? There never seems to be a logically good reason to have them but once you have one, you end up thinking you can't do without them.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its definitely back on, but it'll be years before I could be certain I was with the right person and be financially stable enough to get started.