User Tag List

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 1786

Thread: The yankee mass shootings thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how many Avon Ladies are buried in his garden for being on his property.

It really is such a mental country.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The image of her wife with the little gun is an all-time classic.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    School schooting in Michigan.

3 dead, 8 injured.

A 15-year-old student opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three other students and wounding eight other people, authorities say.

Oakland county undersheriff Mike McCabe identified the three students who were killed as a 16-year-old boy and two girls, ages 14 and 17. He said two of the wounded were undergoing surgery as of Tuesday evening and six others were in stable condition. One of the people wounded was a schoolteacher, authorities said.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...hooting-oxford

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I wonder how many Avon Ladies are buried in his garden for being on his property.

It really is such a mental country.
    In the 3.5 weeks there I had an (alleged) ex-Navy Seal threaten to cut the ex-missus' tits off in Washington and someone threaten to get their "gun from their trunk" in a bar in Amarillo. Both times talking politics and calling Trump out. Probably should've held my tounge in some backwater in Texas, but you'd think Washington would be okay.

Amazing place away from the nutters, though. Incredible to look at and 99% of people outside of the big cities are ridiculously friendly and welcoming.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you know how the song goes .... Don't pull the thang out, unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellberg View Post
    In the 3.5 weeks there I had an (alleged) ex-Navy Seal threaten to cut the ex-missus' tits off in Washington and someone threaten to get their "gun from their trunk" in a bar in Amarillo. Both times talking politics and calling Trump out. Probably should've held my tounge in some backwater in Texas, but you'd think Washington would be okay.

Amazing place away from the nutters, though. Incredible to look at and 99% of people outside of the big cities are ridiculously friendly and welcoming.
    I will probably have to go at some point because the Mrs keeps banging on about taking the kids to DisneyLand, but other than that I'd happily never step foot in the place. Nice of them to build DisneyLand in the worst fucking part, too.

I will probably avoid starting political arguments. #BLM

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a fun game and everyone managed to lose. Mental.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had confrontations with anyone. Just don't behave like an asshole and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Pepe; 01-12-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    I have never had confrontations with anyone. Just don't behave like an asshole and you'll be fine.
    Yeah, I am with you on that. Sure on the (very) rare occasion you might get a complete nutjob, but that's generally not the case, and even then it's really not that hard to avoid an escalation.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone hunting Texan kids this time.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it Chuck Norris?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15 dead apparently, 14 of them elementary school kids. 10 years since Sandy Hook.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A message on its website currently reads: "Robb Elementary Parents, please do not pick up students at this time.

"Students need to be accounted for before they are released to your care. You will be notified to pick up students once all are accounted for."
    Bleak.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Salvador Ramos'. Unusual.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see all the right on Brits are getting riled up again. Do they not see? America as a country thinks that a load of dead kids per year is a price worth paying. That's up to them. We are mugs for caring.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The genie is out of the bottle over there. If gun ownership was at the same level here as it was there I doubt people would be as rational about binning their guns and letting the chavs and career criminals keep theirs. A lot of people here seem surprised you can actually own guns in the UK, indeed there are two shops selling firearms and a firing range within 20 minutes of my house.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a local thing in case you start.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US clearly don't care enough to do anything about this so I've decided I shouldn't either.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the Basketball now, Steve Kerr has nailed it. Absolute gent.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah just watched that. He's right, but he is also right that all this will be forgotten in a few weeks.

As you said above, yanks don't care.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Which is why I've had enough. It isn't a difficult problem to solve, almost every other Western country in the World has shown how it's done. If you actually want to stop it, stop it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest every other western country in the world didn't have nearly as many guns out in the wild when thwy implemented gun control, to be fair. I reckon it would cause a civil war, especially in hyper politicised social media times.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a real sense that America will go mental over the summer. Probably some riots, a few more of these... Good job their vigorous leadership is up to it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I reckon it would cause a civil war, especially in hyper politicised social media times.
    Don't disagree, but that then falls into the bucket of "not wanting to do anything about it". No matter how many mass killings there are, the majority of Americans (or enough of those with the power to do something about it) are comfortable with the collateral damage from their controls being as they are.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it was a primary school so we won't have to listen to any 'survivors' lecturing anyone.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Don't disagree, but that then falls into the bucket of "not wanting to do anything about it". No matter how many mass killings there are, the majority of Americans (or enough of those with the power to do something about it) are comfortable with the collateral damage from their controls being as they are.
    Even if it doesn't cause a civil war, if they say right that's it we are tightening gun laws etc etc unlike the UK how many guns are out there already that won't be surrendered?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    15 dead apparently, 14 of them elementary school kids. 10 years since Sandy Hook.
    I think they said on the Radio this morning that this is the 27th school shooting in a year.

What a fucking dump of a country.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I see all the right on Brits are getting riled up again. Do they not see? America as a country thinks that a load of dead kids per year is a price worth paying. That's up to them. We are mugs for caring.
    And this is correct. It's disgusting and depressing but at this point - fuck 'em. If Columbine and Sandyhook weren't enough to make them change, nothing ever will be.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Mugs for caring" about small children being killed. Yikes.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    "Mugs for caring" about small children being killed. Yikes.
    As unpalatable as it may be, they've made their decision and we are in no position to change their minds. It's grim, but what's the point fretting about it? They're clearly comfortable with the situation.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise there needed to be a "point" in order to care about children dying.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this case, caring is achieving precisely nothing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise there needed to be a "point" in order to care about children dying.
    If they're not my children there does. Otherwise what am I achieving? I'm not going to cry into my pillow about lil Chuck getting killed while his dad is busy renewing his NRA membership.

As said previously: it's say, it's depressing and... it's not going to change. My energy is better served elsewhere.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you're talking about some kind of performative caring rather than just caring.

It doesn't take me "effort" to care when children die, I just do care. It's not something I can decide to switch off.

Sounds like you are the same ("it's depressing"), it's just not something you're going to act on. Which I agree, is perfectly reasonable given we have less than zero ability to impact it in any way.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you're talking about some kind of performative caring rather than just caring.

It doesn't take me "effort" to care when children die, I just do care. It's not something I can decide to switch off.

Sounds like you are the same ("it's depressing"), it's just not something you're going to act on. Which I agree, is perfectly reasonable given we have less than zero ability to impact it in any way.
    Spot on.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still too busy caring about all the kids who died as child soldiers in the Second Congo War, I won't have diary room for anyone in American elementary schools until at least 2028. Obviously our media have no such scheduling conflicts.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you really care about anyone but yourself.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    At least it was a primary school so we won't have to listen to any 'survivors' lecturing anyone.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The profiles of America’s mass shooters don’t fit into an easy political box. The 18-year-old who massacred the elderly black New Yorkers at the grocery store in Buffalo earlier this month was driven by white supremacy and evil conspiracies like the Great Replacement. The shooter the next day, who targeted a Taiwanese Church in Laguna Woods, California, was Chinese. The recent shooting in Dallas, at a Korean spa, was carried out by a young black man. The mass murderer in Uvalde, another 18-year-old, is Hispanic.
    Look at that diversity. This might be the first field in which the DEI crowd has managed to achieve equity. They should be proud.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you really care about anyone but yourself.
    I don't know why you bother starting these tiffs all the time. It's always the same thing: I make a post and all you can see is your own righteous face smiling out of it. First wank material I've provided anyone with since the showers at prep school.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think you're a bit of a self-centred dickhead. As evidenced by the incredible sense of self-importance oozing off that post.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a twenty/thirty year plan to break away from the Great Satan before it drags us down the toilet. I'm prepared to learn Welsh if absolutely necessary, but in the meantime we can close all of their bases and bring in those French-type laws that say half of all the media broadcast has to be British.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d say this is how most of us in the US feel about it too. Your learned helplessness gives you the arguments on this page (Americans are savage idiots who don’t care; you shouldn’t care). Our learned helplessness gives us equally, if not more stupid arguments (like whatever the fuck Pepe is on about, the metaphysical “what is an assault rifle, really?” We need to arm the communist union members who we think are brainwashing our children into becoming queer transgender …? Have another constitutional convention!). Not that we don’t care. We’re just numbing the pain of not knowing what we as individuals can do with all this noise like an alcoholic taking another drink.

Saddest thing is that the public has forgotten that all big changes in the US happen bottom up and not too down. True for political movements like marriage equality or civil rights that I support. True for the pro-life nonsense and the gun rights shit as well. It is always a million little local campaigns divorced a bit from the parties that manages to get a couple thousand signatures on a petition, votes in a local election, and test cases in local courts to build and force precedent. We all hate politics because we all refuse to actually engage in it on an unsexy, grinding, personal way. But we’ll create a massive din of noise and argue about the argument as we sit in our learned helplessness.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this one did, but in every school/uni shooting I've seen there always seems to be a guard who's armed with a shirt, cap and crappy handgun that hasn't a hope in hell of defending himself, let alone those in his care against a properly armed and prepared attacker. Why don't they give that guard an assault rifle and some sodding body armour?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has the mass outcry for armed teachers started yet? I feel like they might actually be able to move on once a Miss Trunchbull type takes out her class with her state sanctioned machine gun.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Has the mass outcry for armed teachers started yet? I feel like they might actually be able to move on once a Miss Trunchbull type takes out her class with her state sanctioned machine gun.
    Given we know guns are going nowhere, something needs to be done to give the victims a fighting chance.