User Tag List

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1786

Thread: The yankee mass shootings thread

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just grow up and own your shit, not really hard. Hell, I've apologized to people on here when I've said off the wall shit. Doesn't make it right in the first place but it's not hard to act like an adult.

You coming on here and talking about "ha! I was drunk! jokes on you!" is petty and childish.

I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from but don't act "prescious" because I took a shot right back at you.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Fair enough but also not exactly "several a year" either I'd contend.
    That's just the most recent one I could remember enough about to find on Google. I'm not presenting it as evidence that there are several a year, I'm presenting it as evidence that Sandy Hook wasn't the last one, or even the most recent one with a double digit death toll.

leedsrevolution
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Just grow up and own your shit, not really hard. Hell, I've apologized to people on here when I've said off the wall shit. Doesn't make it right in the first place but it's not hard to act like an adult.

You coming on here and talking about "ha! I was drunk! jokes on you!" is petty and childish.

I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from but don't act "prescious" because I took a shot right back at you.
    Lol orite mate, peace.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm agnostic about gun control but it really is not hard to come up with reasonable positions to not be where you are on gun control.

The policy of banning things doesn't have a great track record. It should generally be met with skepticism.

Gun violence is rare and mass shootings even rarer. If you have had guns in your family for generations without incident which scenario is more plausible: your kid is suddenly going to decide to shoot up his school or there is not much danger to guns?

There are background checks now that are far stricter than anything around circa 1980. Mass shootings may have occurred prior to that but Columbine has the same market effect as 9-11 in the American psyche. May be wrong but people who can't remember an urgency when you had virtually no restrictions may think things other than guns are more important.

A lot of the mass shooters got guns despite current regulations. Sandy Hook kid stole theirs (yes, from parents - I know) and Holmes, Roof, and the guy in Louisiana all should not have been able to get one. A lot of people would rather focus on fixing current laws than an outright ban. They get shouted down. Murphy (R-Missouri), a former psychologist, had been unable to get traction for years on measures to increase communication between cops and psychologists for years but had been shouted down in the maelstrom of stupidity that is our gun debate.

Mass shootings are the rarest form of gun deaths. The current debate focuses solely on that and then extends it to gang violence. It really is not unreasonable to argue that banning guns is not going to stop drug gangs who pull in $25,000 to $100,000 a corner from finding alternative suppliers. Which, of course, makes a lot of the gun debate about things which affect me but not thee.

Frankly, there are so many guns around that if reality matched the rhetoric we'd be Raqqa.

Finally, since this entire conversation is just virtue signaling from all sides, there are the simple political realities. It is a buzzsaw. Democrats are bad at politics because we have a tendency toward being scolds. The left is worse which explains them being the only people worse at politics than us. We lose entire chunks of the country because we condescendingly tell people they are stupid. Does gun violence, while tragic, really cause more suffering than uneven access to healthcare? And does the full throated yammering and outright distortion cause more opposition to things people would agree with?

None of this is an argument for anything other than the blinding zomg Muricans stuff is a overblown.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, you're blithering.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes, because the gun control lobby has used the same talking points and tactics you have. It has worked perfectly.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always found the 'it's too difficult' argument to be lazy as fuck. I mean, making them illegal would be hard (to put it very mildly), but it would be a simple process if you put politics to one side and amend the constitution that all the retards cling to. I mean, it's as simple as taking steps to reclaim all of the registered guns. Then, you take the ones criminals have as and when you encounter them (coupled with prison terms for the offending persons).

Will you get low lives taking advantage? sure. Political backlash? sure. But more importantly - after a while the instances of gun grime would begin to fall away.

And that's the more extreme option of gun control (the one the gun lobby try to claim is the only other option to MORE GUNZZZ) There are pleanty of less extreme options available.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate what you're saying, but the actual and physical process of retrieving 300 million guns ...

Just the cost from assigning police or whoever to take on that task would be astronomical.

I'm not saying it's not worth trying I just really don't see how it's even remotely possible to get that type of cooperation from the American people, let alone get enough politicians on board to enact such a thing.

Plus I think it would actually incite a good deal of violence, what ...with all the "OVER MUH DEAD BODY" type folks in this country?

Personally, I don't reckon I would hand over my guns either, and I full well know there's a problem.

Edit: Plus, the initial taking away of guns from people who have them registered and would turn them in would create dozens of soft targets for crazy lunatics / thieving gangbangers / etc and would almost certainly cause an increase in such violent crime.

Then, sure, you catch the 'perp', take his gun, get that gun off the street. But there's still 1000s more that are roaming around that you don't know about.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said in the past the only way you get on a first step to gun control is if the public no longer feel the need to buy them. It's a product.

leedsrevolution
    Bruh is such a fucking dumb American cunt. Yeah I'm drunk again. So what, come at me bro.

leedsrevolution
    Meltdown in 5..4..3..2

leedsrevolution
    Oh he's not logged in at the moment. Let's give the school girl bitch act some time to fulfill his prophecy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leedsrevolution
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Come at me bro.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut the fuck up you utter pest.

leedsrevolution
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Shut the fuck up you utter pest.
    Lol. Fuck off Peter Mannion.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave him be, John. We don't all have to be like you on here, a miserable fuck.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LR, you numpty.

leedsrevolution
    What's he like ey. The lovable town drunk.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    It's alright DQ. He probably isn't that miserable either. Bet he sucks his thumb and tells his mum he loves her every night like we all do. Am I right!

Back out of it. Just in case.

leedsrevolution
    shit. Deleted the post think I've just clocked on. Sorry.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mum jokes are par for the course with LR. He doesn't have the wit to do better.

leedsrevolution
    Your right John. I've pm'd you. I had genuinely forgotten. Sorry for that.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waaaaay.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leedsrevolution

Wish my daughter good luck.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If John was Ant, you'd be the fourth person he'd put in hospital tonight.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I think is hard for people outside the country to understand is just how engrained guns and gun ownership is within society - and on top of that, how much higher the level of distrust towards government is. There are measures you could pass to improve the situation in some ways, but in terms of a sweeping change... It's hard to imagine.

I find it sickening, no doubt. I hate guns and I'll never own one.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is, people said similar about smoking here. 10 years on and smokers are mostly puffing on flavoured water vapour and it's even starting to become socially unacceptable to smoke outside in case someone gets a face full.

People adapt to situations alot quicker than you'd think.

'People don't trust the Government' always makes me lol as well. Mate, Texas Tony has a 22. Trump has 75 gazillion F-16's. The Government can do whatever the fuck they want even if all the Survivalists wet dreams did kick off.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    Bruh is such a fucking dumb American cunt. Yeah I'm drunk again. So what, come at me bro.
    What a fucking loser. Get drunk then hop on here and worry about me?

Pathetic.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness he's home alone with a shit dog and a dead beetle for company. What else is he meant to do?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 'culture of smoking in the UK' is a laughable comparison to a fundamental freedom enshrined and practiced for centuries since the founding of our country. Guns aren't going anywhere, they are essential to our concept of freedom and personal autonomy.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Constitutions are stupid. Found out the other day that the Serb one is based on some fucking questionable kingdom they want to restore to the 1300s. Freaks.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that the one which has Kosovo at its heart?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    The 'culture of smoking in the UK' is a laughable comparison to a fundamental freedom enshrined and practiced for centuries since the founding of our country. Guns aren't going anywhere, they are essential to our concept of freedom and personal autonomy.
    Do you take the founding of your country to be four years after the constitution was established, then?

I can't remember if you've spoken to this aspect of gun control before, so do you think that background checks should be applicable to anyone attempting to buy a gun?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is it, isn't it.

I'm never going to understand the American love for guns, but if they think it's a constitutional right that they're allowed to have them then fine. What I can't get my head around is why things eminently sensible policies like background checks and / or banning the sale of things like grenade launchers is considered "an attack on OUR FREEDOMS".

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Is that the one which has Kosovo at its heart?
    Think so. They basically had the entire region apart from Bosnia until the Ottoman's crushed them. That nationalist fire has been burning for nearly a thousand years and is still going strong.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I remember writing an essay on it at school for some debate thing and the resident Croatian did not like my line of argument that the Albanians had essentially annexed by stealth (or had been implanted into by foreign powers) the ancestral Serbian heartland.

Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    What I can't get my head around is why things eminently sensible policies like background checks and / or banning the sale of things like grenade launchers is considered "an attack on OUR FREEDOMS".
    First they came for the guys with the grenade launchers . . .

<got blown up>

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Do you take the founding of your country to be four years after the constitution was established, then?

I can't remember if you've spoken to this aspect of gun control before, so do you think that background checks should be applicable to anyone attempting to buy a gun?
    The Bill of Rights is a codification of Natural Rights thought to be self-evident but which was argued future generations might veer away from absent some form of binding protection. So yes, the private right to bear arms (an extension of the Natural Right to self-defense) has been a part of the American ethos since (and before) its formal founding.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    This is it, isn't it.

I'm never going to understand the American love for guns, but if they think it's a constitutional right that they're allowed to have them then fine. What I can't get my head around is why things eminently sensible policies like background checks and / or banning the sale of things like grenade launchers is considered "an attack on OUR FREEDOMS".
    Sure, I can help here. Let's do a word puzzle:

Legislation written to take away the ____________________ to purchase a grenade launcher would, by definition, be taking away that said __________________.

Fill in the blank with the same word. Whether you agree with it or not it is what it is.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it swordfish? It's always swordfish.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least 27 dead in church shooting, Texas.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which flavour? White and mental or brown and terrorist?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go with white supremacist and fully auto.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marketing for Far Cry 5.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gunman is dead. My bet is that he's some variety of nativist nut.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only the priest had guns.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That town only has 600odd people, 30 of which are now dead. Have to lol at that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only imagine the improvement losing 5% of Southend’s population would have.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on which 5%.