Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 17/18 Half Season Report

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dream trio to go down would be:

West Brom - crimes against football

West Ham - The fan base is awful (Byron not included) and the owners/management are a bunch of cunts. Add to that, that their stadium is tax payer funded and I wish them nothing but Ill.

Swansea - I have no real dislike for them, but they are an absolute mess.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swansea are going the same way as Blackburn, Birmingham etc - the utterly clueless variety of foreign owner.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Is that league all fixed?
    Hard to say. Used to be, for sure - now, perhaps a little bit.

The FA were that aware that corruption was inevitable at the end of the season, they roped in referee's from Thailand, Japan and Malaysia for the last few matchdays. Just a few days later, the Thai referee was implicated in match fixing back in Thailand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERVIEW:

My Team is: Leeds United
    Expectations (at start of season): Play-offs
    View on performance: Started of very well, some of the best football ive seen from us in recent years, had a massive dip in form and now back to the same form we had at the start of the season.
    Any other comments:

MANAGER

My Team's Manager is: Thomas Christiansen
    I'd rate their performance as (x out of 5): 4
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No): No. Leeds fans calling for his head during the bad run of form angered me.
    Areas they have performed well in: Squad rotation, picks players based on form and opposition. Not shy in dropping or resting a player.
    Areas they need to pull their fucking finger out in: ...
    Any other comments: Chopping and changing managers hasnt worked in the past. Give this one a proper go at it.

TEAM PERFORMANCE:

Rate your team's performance (x out of 5): 4
    Best Result of the season: 2-1 vs Boro
    Best performance of the season: 5-0 vs Burton - Wasnt just the score line, played some unbelievable stuff.
    Worst result of the season: 1-2 vs Sheff United.
    Worst performance of the season: 0-1 vs Millwall - Just got bullied. Feel as though the team learnt a lot from this game.
    Any other comments: Have been overrun in midfield a few times this season. When certain players are injured it shows that we miss them.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

Overall player of the season: Samuel Saiz
    Pleasant surprise of the season: Liam Cooper - Thought we needed much better, proved me wrong. Pawel Cibiki - Only been starting last 2 or 3 games really, but looks better than what I was expecting.
    The Didier Drogba award for big game player of the season: Samuel Saiz or Pontus Jansson.
    Underperformer of the season: Jay Roy Grot - Not really been given a fair chance, but when he is on looks average at best.
    The "I fucking knew he was shit and he's proven me right" player of the season: Andy Lonergan.
    Outright worst player of the season:
    Any other comments: Felix Weidwald has looked shakey. A handful of errors costing us points, however kept us in equally as many games so much rather Felix > Lonergan.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE:

Best signing this season: Samuel Saiz.
    Worst signing this season: Jay Roy Grot
    Overall I'd rate our signings this season as (x out of 5): 3
    In January I'd like to see us sign: A striker. Preferably a proven goal scorer in Championship on Loan.
    In January I think we'll sign: Yosuke Ideguchi - Confirmed. And a striker on Loan.
    I'd like to see us sell: Loan out Jay Roy Grot and Mateusz Klich
    I think we'll sell: Nobody.

END OF SEASON PREDICTIONS

My expectations: Play-Offs
    What I think we'll achieve: Probably 7th

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERVIEW:

My Team is: THE MIGHTY BLADES
    Expectations (at start of season): Survival/mid-table
    View on performance: Aye we're doing alright. A bit of a blip recently but still in the playoff spots.
    Any other comments:

MANAGER

My Team's Manager is: Chris Wilder
    I'd rate their performance as (x out of 5): 4.5
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No): No
    Areas they have performed well in: All
    Areas they need to pull their fucking finger out in: JTW is a bit time for us. We need another solid midfielder or two, and possibly a striker. Covering these should get us in the playoffs and maybe a cheeky resurgence for the top two. If we fuck it up then playoffs would be an achievement to be honest.
    Any other comments:

TEAM PERFORMANCE:

Rate your team's performance (x out of 5): 4.5
    Best Result of the season: Beating Leeds 2-1 at Elland Road
    Best performance of the season: 4-2 against Wednesday
    Worst result of the season: Drawing against Birmingham at home
    Worst performance of the season: Millwall or Preston away
    Any other comments:

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

Overall player of the season: Not sure really. Probably Leon Clarke.
    Pleasant surprise of the season: Leon Clarke. Didn't think he'd cut it at this level, and he's proved everyone wrong.
    The Didier Drogba award for big game player of the season: Brooks. 'Wednesday night in Stoke' springs to mind as he can disappear, but he's played very well in the big games.
    Underperformer of the season: None really. Ched Evans perhaps.
    The "I fucking knew he was shit and he's proven me right" player of the season: None
    Outright worst player of the season: James Hanson I suppose, although that's a bit harsh as he's hardly played. We only signed up to cover us up until promotion anyway
    Any other comments:

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE:

Best signing this season: John Lundstram
    Worst signing this season: Ryan Thomas, seen as he hasn't played. Would love to see him as he's apparently pretty promising
    Overall I'd rate our signings this season as (x out of 5): 4.5
    In January I'd like to see us sign: Ryan Leonard, Devante Cole and maybe someone else
    In January I think we'll sign: Ryan Leonard, Devante Cole and maybe someone else
    I'd like to see us sell: Hanson and Lavary
    I think we'll sell: Not sure
    Any other comments:

My expectations: Playoffs
    What I think we'll achieve: Playoffs, not sure how we'll do in them though.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Swansea are going the same way as Blackburn, Birmingham etc - the utterly clueless variety of foreign owner.
    Huw Jenkins still runs the show. Started believing his own hype.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case he must have had a brain transplant in about 2014. OR... it wasn't him doing the good stuff to begin with.

Maybe this story ends with Roberto Martinez parading Yevrah's severed head through the streets of Barcelona.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Birmingham, it's one of the best things this year that they're rock bottom with Steve Cotteril at the helm while Gary Rowett's Derby are a couple points off second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team is West Ham, but Byron is spot on with everything so no point me adding anything, other than I don't feel quite as venomous as most West Ham fans do about the owners. We've had far worse in my lifetime.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Speaking of Birmingham, it's one of the best things this year that they're rock bottom with Steve Cotteril at the helm while Gary Rowett's Derby are a couple points off second.
    That's lovely isn't it. Maybe they can get Gianfranco back.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERVIEW:

My Team is: Liverpool
    Expectations (at start of season): Top 4, Champions League quarter finals
    View on performance: On track so far, but too many draws have cost us
    Any other comments: n/a

MANAGER

My Team's Manager is: Jurgen Klopp
    I'd rate their performance as (x out of 5): 4
    If I were in charge I'd sack them now (Yes/No): No
    Areas they have performed well in: Making us really hard to beat - 2 defeats in the league (10 man collapse against City, and Spurs), and getting the most out of Mo Salah. He's also brought on Gomez and Trent, who look like they could both be regulars.
    Areas they need to pull their fucking finger out in: Throwing away leads. It's great to watch us constantly on the attack, but too often there is a complete lack of control in midfield and it ends up costing us. It happens so often that it must be Klopp's intention or a cause of the personnel we're using. I honestly think replacing Henderson with a proper midfielder would solve a lot of our defensive problems
    Any other comments: I'm very happy with Klopp overall. He has built a likeable team and has got us playing really exciting football. He does need to chill out in interviews, though.

TEAM PERFORMANCE:

Rate your team's performance (x out of 5): 3.5
    Best Result of the season: 4-0 against Arsenal
    Best performance of the season: 4-0 against Arsenal
    Worst result of the season: Any one of the draws, let's say West Brom - we need to be more clinical.
    Worst performance of the season: the second half of the 3-3 draw at Sevilla. An absolutely pathetic collapse.
    Any other comments: We're generally quite good at dispatching the lesser teams, but this season we've been quite poor against the bigger teams - we've only beaten Arsenal so far and been thoroughly thrashed by City and Spurs.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE:

Overall player of the season: Mo Salah, of course. What a fantastic player. As Jimmy says, imagine if he was actually good at finishing.
    Pleasant surprise of the season: Joe Gomez
    The Didier Drogba award for big game player of the season: Roberto Firmino - not always the most reliable 'striker', but he really makes the team tick.
    Underperformer of the season: Sadio Mane - he's been really poor and Salah has totally usurped his position as our key attacking threat. His failure to square the ball to Chamberlain when through on goal against Arsenal was criminal.
    The "I fucking knew he was shit and he's proven me right" player of the season: Alberto Moreno - I appreciate that he's a decent attacking full back, but no matter how hard he tries the next calamity is only ever a couple of games away. This will surely be his last season with us. He's Djimi Traore levels of bombscare with none of the cult hero-ness.
    Outright worst player of the season: Jordan Henderson - he is not the player he is trying to be. He is a clogging energetic runner, not a playmaker. My take: no mid-table Premier League team would be improved by having Jordan Henderson in their team, and yet he is our captain.
    Any other comments: n/a

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE:

Best signing this season: Mo Salah
    Worst signing this season: Robertson - starting to get a run of games now, thankfully. None of our signings have been bad, really.
    Overall I'd rate our signings this season as (x out of 5): 3 - this score will hopefully be higher when I look back at the end of the season, if Robertson and Chamberlain improve as expected.
    In January I'd like to see us sign: well, Virgil is in now, which is great. I want Can to sign a new contract more than anything
    In January I think we'll sign: Nobody
    I'd like to see us sell: Meh - Moreno can wait until the summer
    I think we'll sell: Nobody
    Any other comments: Midfield can definitely be improved, but for Champions League purposes that will probably have to wait until the summer. Hopefully Chamberlain really starts to make his mark this year.

My expectations: 3rd and CL quarter finals
    What I think we'll achieve: 5th and CL quarter finals - too many draws will cost us in the league, and we'll bow out to another English team in Europe.