Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boyz 4 life yo.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fired up the last save I was on and this is the first silverware. As normal I didn't take a job for the first two seasons, so this is my first club.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A week later, Spurs sacked Pochettino and I applied. Sacked instantly

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, as seems to be the norm in all my FM games, I'm back home.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to heart attack football (do not use it away unless chasing a game):

kung fu 343!, listed on the right, is the best tactic in the game btw.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your tactic is good RL, but as stated as United it is easy mode. Also realised why I don't use IFs or Wingers, I find it fucking boring.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you did ask him to upload it mate.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Well you did ask him to upload it mate.
    Sherlock over here

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Sherlock over here
    You can't go out of your way to be a complete tosser about the game and then expect everyone to sit back and give you a big thumbs up.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    You can't go out of your way to be a complete tosser about the game and then expect everyone to sit back and give you a big thumbs up.
    Where am I being a tosser you absolute fucking mong? <---- except for there, but its justified as ever.

I used RL's tactic for ten games, won all ten and it played very good football, then decided to switch it up to the mental tactic above. Only thing I found lacking was the AMC role but I've found it hard to get a lone one doing brilliantly.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watford was the last game before I paid a bit of attention to the defence at last and apart from the Villa game it's been alright, actually closing in on the top on this form too, only six points off Man Utd.

PS Fuck you Stoke

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you have form like that and not have a 12 point lead?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because of this bunch of twats, who also just beat me 3-0 to knock me back down to size

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    . Only thing I found lacking was the AMC role but I've found it hard to get a lone one doing brilliantly.
    Same. I'm going to try again to get Asensio working as a shadow striker, since he's got nutty striker attributes.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Career so far, having taking charge of Hamilton, second bottom in January 2018... Will do a big one then update a bit more regularly moving forwards.

I spent the first couple of months scouting all of the 16 and 17 year old free agents I could find after searching a, b, c, d etc in the player search. The good old, select loads, get scout report unearthed a few shite ones who've since fallen by the wayside, but also several gems and I've rinsed and repeated each year since. From the first batch, most of whom debuted in 18/19 (and several of which remained on trial until late on that season due to U18 transfer law bollocks), a few stick out:

David Dunn, Scottish striker (b. 2002), joined Stoke City for £1.6m in summer of 2019. Currently on loan at Dunfermline after returning to us on loan last term but not making much of an impact. Nonetheless looks a good prospect.

Joe Richardson, Scottish winger (b. 2001) Still with us, and attracting firm bids of £20m+ from OM and Bayern Munich amongst others. A Scotland regular, who knows he's too good for Lanarkshire and with a £25m release clause, sure to leave by next summer. Destroyer of defences in Scotland and my biggest hope in European ties, where he's had a more than reasonable impact.
    Toggle Spoiler

Scott Gallagher, Scottish midfielder (b. 2001) Technical midfielder who is excelling as a box to box player after being an ok attacking midfield option.
    Toggle Spoiler

Gerardo, Spanish left back (b. 2002) Quickly established himself as no. 1 left back in 2018/19 and secured a move to Manchester United for £2.3m + 40% profit on his next sale by the January of that season. A loan back until the end of the season kept him in the team, and since then he's played 4 league games for United and a further 35 top flight games last season on loan at Watford. Rated at £25.5m, likely to add more to the coffers should he move on again.

Marcos Gerardo, Spanish centre back (b. 2002) Strong and quick, but hasn't yet established himself as first choice in defence. He's joined Levante on loan for the season in the Spanish top flight and is improving still, whilst being ever present for them so far.

Mustafa Kurt, French winger (b. 2002) The cream of the crop, had two and a half wonderful seasons with us before heading to Man Utd in January 2021 for £23m plus add ons (£4m) & 40% profit. Played 4 league games for United, and now is on loan at Roma where he's holding down his place. Two caps for France at the age of eighteen has me praying for a £60m+ move to PSG.

Toggle Spoiler

Club improvements
    Stadium - we're expanding. So we're sharing with Kilmarnock for now in a Stadium which dwarves our own at c. 18,000.
    Training & Youth - Both improved twice now, and producing results.

This season so far (November 2021)

The squad remains very young. Gallagher, along with Scott Guest (signed from Hibs 2020, 18) and Gardner Neil (from youth, 18) are lynchpins of the midfield. Belgian Mathieu Marchal (17) inexplicably came through my youth side and is probably my best attacking midfielder, or at least the most injury free with Jamie Walker spending half his career on the treatment table. Two players returned from loans they'd been on whilst awaiting work permits - 20 year old Brazilian striker Vainer Tavella and Aussie winger Josh Coggan, who will succeed Joe Richardson when the inevitable occurs. 18 year old Craig Cooper, signed for pennies from Dundee Utd last season is establishing himself up front. At the back, there's experience, with four Scottish internationals competing for the centre half sports - Harry Souttar, Paul Hanlon, Michael Devlin and Scott McKenna, and Jack Grimmer as my most consistent player from right-back. Scott Bain in goals is yet another Scotland cap.

We're second in the league, chasing back to back titles, and have made a good start in Europe, following up making the knockout stages in last years Europa League with a win, draw and loss in our first three group games in the Champs League.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

(I've signed one Australian.)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got offered the Scotland job after Czaba Laszlo failed to get them to World Cup (2022). I'll be continuing dual-roled with Hamilton until the season end, with only one international before then, and then resigning my club post to concentrate on making it to the Euros in 2024.

We made it out of the CL group, beating Atletico Madrid 3-0 in the final game. Bayer Leverkusen await us in the knockouts, which could be worse.

Unfortunately, Werder Bremen activated Joe Richardsons £25m release clause, so my star man is gone. I've got a £50m transfer budget, but only £150,000 for wages and no one interested worth spending it on.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every fucking team has started playing three at the back in my game.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone tried a Journeyman save? I still had some reputation issues in the last one (getting offers from bigger teams than I should). Is that still a thing?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season is over

Not bad for a team I took over last year that was playing genuinely the worst football I've played on any FM game.* Had a bad start to the season but once my tactics kicked in and my signings got to know each other it was smooth sailing.

The plan was to leave at the end of the season, but I'm staying on for a crack at Europe.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I narrowed down Man Utd's lead and then ran out of games. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Europe (the qualifying rounds) on the cards next season I've signed 9 free transfers and paid for this absolute diamond my scout found in Brazil

£96k well spent.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After just missing out on a playoff spot last year, Southend are currently sitting top of the Championship, unbeaten, at the end of January.

The only downside is that I signed Jamie Hanson to replace the ageing Anton Ferdinand, but he can’t actually play this season as “the player cannot play for more than 2 teams in a season”. Thanks for loaning him to Blackburn, Derby, you shower. He can play in both defence and midfield so he would have been really bloody helpful right now.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn’t read the entire report for one lad cos my scout had soaked it in jizz, wanking over this Argentinian wonder kid with a £5.5m release clause.

Hopefully finish my third season this weekend so will post him soon.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real or regen?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Real or regen?
    Regen, from Newell’s Old Boys.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've made it through another season on my Fulham save. It was touch and go in December when the Liverpool job came up and the press were going bananas over whether I'd take the job. I interviewed and got turned down because I asked for more transfer budget. Ah well, viva la Fulham!

Then in January, something bad happened. Dortmund activated Paulinho's £75m release clause and off he went, bagging me a £71m profit in the process.

Before selling him, I'd already raised quite a bit of money in the summer from selling Mings (£8m), Bettinelli (£15m), Rossi (£2.5m), Dunk (£15.5m) and Ream (£3m) for nearly £45m.

But I'd also spent quite a lot, bringing in the following:
    Juliano £4.5m
    Joaquin Rikemberg £3.5m
    Chris Smalling £13.75m
    Caglar Soyuncu £16.25m
    Christian Pulisic £16.5m
    Thomas Meunier £10m
    William Benavides £475k
    Rossaldo £10m

Then when the big money came in just in time for the January transfer window, in came the following:
    Walter Troncosco £5m
    Andres Rezzonico £4m
    Julian Draxler £26m
    Ernesto Gonzalez £5.5m

Rossaldo (nicknamed by me) was one of the most highly recommended players my scouts have ever found, and he's proving to be a hit so far - when he's not injured, anyway. But then came 100 rated "sign him whatever the price" Ernesto Gonzalez. And when I found out he had a £5.5m release clause, he was on a plane to Fulham before the scout had even finished wanking over him.

One problem I do have is I play three strikers (two deep lying forwards and one advanced forward) yet have signed players like Pulisic and Draxler purely because they seemed like a bargain, even though they're wingers or attacking midfielders and simply can't play up top. I've started re-training them the position but they'll never be as good as proper strikers.

Another problem I have (and not purely because of Brexit) is work permits, or more specifically signing players without them. I've already got six players out on loan with a view to get a work permit (I still don't have a work permit feeder club so am relying on them playing lots of club games, getting called up to their international team and subsequently getting a work permit) and have another eight players arriving in the summer, and I've lost track of who did and who didn't get a work permit. These are the new arrivals:

Hideo Chiba £1.4m
    Sasa Petranovic £375k
    Hamad Mohammed Ahmed FREE
    Wilson Dionisio FREE
    Lars Auernhammer £900k
    Marcio Roberto £30k
    Rosario Sperandeo £15m
    Rodrigo Banobre £750k

I'm sure I've never posted screenshots of some of my other non-WP regens, but ehh they're not important yet. I've collected an American, a Japanese player, someone from UAE, and loads of South Americans. Hopefully I can get an American feeder club next because the regen combined with Pulisic should result in some decent merchandise money. We'll see though, every time I try to choose my own affiliate it fails, so next time I'll probably leave it upto my chairman.

Here's how they all performed in all competitions:

Toggle Spoiler

We managed to make it to the Europa League final, which resulted in a penalty shootout against Arsenal. Thankfully we held our nerve and into the Champions League we sailed.

Although really, we were already there after finishing 4th in the league, which looked very touch-and-go after the sale of star player Paulinho.

Next up is the Euros with Turkey and then getting ready for our fourth season, and also my first pop at the Champions League. Wish me luck!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think for the first time on this save I've spent more than I've made in the transfer window.* After I made them £1mil last season I think I've earned it.*

They have a rule that you have to have 9 players classed as home grown in Sweden, so I've mostly signed those.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck aye. Another £5m+ in the bank in TV money and a money spinning QF to go... Starting to regret deciding to be Scotland manager at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caved in and sold Lukaku to Bayern for £80m, replacing him with Dybala for about a squillionty pounds from Juve.

Because Target Men are for uncultured neanderthals, or something.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just played PSG, and they've got rather an interesting situation going on with their goalkeepers. They spent a while trying to lob £100m at me for De Gea, but after giving up they still weren't happy with their two current keepers (Kevin Trapp valued at £31.5m and Alphonse Areola valued at £37m) so they went out and spent £8.5m on Mathew Ryan from Lokomotiv Moscow who now appears to be first choice

They also spent £120m on Gabriel Jesus.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ten games in and things are going well

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    I've just played PSG, and they've got rather an interesting situation going on with their goalkeepers. They spent a while trying to lob £100m at me for De Gea, but after giving up they still weren't happy with their two current keepers (Kevin Trapp valued at £31.5m and Alphonse Areola valued at £37m) so they went out and spent £8.5m on Mathew Ryan from Lokomotiv Moscow who now appears to be first choice

They also spent £120m on Gabriel Jesus.
    The AI is silly, it took me a moment to work out why/how I kept getting confusing messages like this about one of my own players:

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Harry Kane signed sealed and almost delivered on deadline day but either my bad maths or the game pulling a fast one meant I was short and I ended up signing nobody.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question,what's your take on multiple first teamers being loans?I am being priced out or flatly rejected by smaller teams for sensible bids i make and i am forced to loan players to fill my roster.I am in Lazio after 3 years and even though i have loaned Djibril Sidibe,Javi Martinez,Gabriel Barbosa and Krychowiak to name a few,i still need to get players when the season finishes.I know this probably doesn't bode well for the future but what's your opinion since the the player values are exorbitant?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There does seem to be a big difference between what other clubs can sign players for and what I can.

Every conference I’m being told I over spent on whoever I’m welcoming, whilst my rivals are still pulling in players for half what they’d accept from me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standard. The ai has always been able to get better deals done, who here hasn't missed out on a player who goes and signs for another club on half the wages he wanted from you.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the point I've left West Ham. Load of big cheeses after me with Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool offering me the job, but I was listed as favourite to take over an Inter team who are only second behind Juve on goal difference, so I'm off to Italy. That's a spicy meataballa.

Worst part is that the CPU either completely ignores the rules or is too stupid to process them, as the Europa League squad is six Italian players short of the minimum with only three replacements allowed, so I have to submit a 21-man squad to get around it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two and a half seasons ago I took over a club last in the league and just about kept them up

Mostly down to this mans goals

First time at the club I've spent more than I sold

and signed a lot of free transfers. (I trial anyone released and offer anyone with good stars a deal)

I also got the Chile job

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contract ran out. After a failed interview at Birmingham, I'm currently the bookies favourites for the Sunderland job.

I'm on a month to month deal, something I hadn't seen before:

EDIT:
    And I've gone!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You look like a lesbian, Mike.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and in the game.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A sexy lesbian though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just started a Blackburn save with a transfer update, they have some ridiculously good young players:

Jack Evans
    Toggle Spoiler

Kyle Connell - no technical ability, just a battering ram up front
    Toggle Spoiler

George Wilson
    Toggle Spoiler

Tyler Magloire
    Toggle Spoiler

David Raya - those PPMS on a keeper though
    Toggle Spoiler

Sold the 20% sell on fee clause for Phil Jones which got me just over 3m. Fully expect to go up as champions, and most of these players are good enough for the Championship. The board want me to sign high profile players so I need to remove that asap, cos who the fuck am I supposed to sign in League 1?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s PPMS?

Anyway, David Rays is currently my Southend ‘keeper. Signed him for £8 mil when we were promoted to the premiership. He’s pretty solid.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preferred player moves, ie Tries to Play Way Out Of Trouble.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS!! They've got like £10mil in the bank, why do they need the money

Last time it happened I could threaten to quit, I guess cos I haven't been there long I can't this time.

EDIT: The little legend turned them down