23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good write-ups chaps

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're punching teams left and right in Europe, yet can't buy a win in the league to save our lives.

Edit: Olivari has 11 goals and 19 assists in 22 games, but apparently he's a fraud:

Such a quality feature, that.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 14-03-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently a few games into the 2021-22 season with FC United. I've been promoted every season so far, last year through the playoffs. Every season without fail the bookies have me as favourites to go down, yet the exact opposite happens. I've just started in the Championship and the bookies have us at 1/4 to go down!

Does this happen to anyone else?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I'm currently a few games into the 2021-22 season with FC United. I've been promoted every season so far, last year through the playoffs. Every season without fail the bookies have me as favourites to go down, yet the exact opposite happens. I've just started in the Championship and the bookies have us at 1/4 to go down!

Does this happen to anyone else?
    It's very common. The bookies predictions are based on the club reputations which don't grow as fast as you get promoted.

To air my grievances, we were the best defence 7 games ago, and have proceeded to concede 20 goals in those 7 games, for no apparent reason. Nothing changed in the team whatsoever and the games weren't particularly difficult either. Just feels completely random.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 15-03-2018 at 11:31 AM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your board expectations, @SvN?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The expectation is that we don't get involved in a relegation battle - which I chose at the start of the season, as it gave me more transfer funds. Not that they've been used - Brexit has made signing cheap foreign players impossible.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brexit ruined my long term Crewe game.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my second season at Bremen. It was successful by all means, but incredibly frustrating at the same time. Even with the new signings, the quality of the defence is really subpar and it shows. We had a relatively horrible start to the season, but I did some tactical changes that seemed to work wonders. And then, out from nowhere, our defence turned to shit again. Anyway, enough with my ranting.

3rd place with 60 points? Are you having a laugh? It turns out we weren't the only ones that were horrible this season. Especially RBL with their massive budget really underperformed. That said, it all came down to the very last game where the table looked like that:

We had to travel to Borussia MG, RBL were hosting Hertha and Leverkusen were hosting Dortmund, while Hoffenheim went to Wolfsburg. So by all means, it felt that the whole thing was on our hands. It turns out RBL decided to shit the bed, and the other two also lost, while we won and we clinched a very lucky (and probably undeserved) 3rd place, which means we're going to be straight through to the group stages of the Champions League. That's a big deal, since our low coefficient would have meant we would face a big team in the qualifiers, had we finished 4th. I was actually thinking of resigning in the summer, but us getting 3rd means I'll probably stay, unless something better comes along.

We also had a rather successful run in the Europa League:

Going out to Gladbach was really annoying, as we're a better team than them really, but they scraped a 1-0 at their place (in what was an even game for the most part) and then successfully shut us down in the return fixture, so they probably deserved it more.

Here's the squad stats:

It's pretty evident really that our attack is the only thing that works. I want to try and overhaul the rest of the team, but honestly our board really doesn't want to spend any money whatsoever (we have 120 million in the bank and they gave me a provisional budget of 18million for the next season, paired a massive 30k increase in the wage budget, so I don't really know.

I'm actually surprised that my reputation hasn't grown whatsoever in the 2 years I'm at Bremen. In addition, I applied for Shakhtar and Leverkusen midway through the season and got rejected by both because I didn't want to commit to making the most out of set-pieces (former) or playing defensive football (latter). Is that something that teams want in reality?
    Last edited by Adramelch; 15-03-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We want one hundred!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone play the offside trap? I want to try it but I've always had bad experiences with it in previous versions.

Edit: We've kept 22 clean sheets in my 100 official games at Werder. Don't think I've had such a low record even in relegation battles.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 15-03-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    523 is in no way broken

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\0/.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

\0/.
    Meanwhile my board refuses to give me more money whatsoever. Apparently if we have a transfer budget higher than 18 million we will go bankrupt somehow.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually I don't bother asking as they just tell me to fuck off so I was stunned that they came to me to ask (what's the point of asking to increase budgets?).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Usually I don't bother asking as they just tell me to fuck off so I was stunned that they came to me to ask (what's the point of asking to increase budgets?).
    "Do you feel you can win the league by 30 points instead of 25 if we shower you with money?"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost 3-0.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With 5 games left to play!

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there fixed regen faces for this anywhere?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so. The guy who used to do the hair cried off doing them last year as they changed the size of the heads in a patch slightly.

It's a new way doing them this year, they're 3D models shown in 2D or something, and look pretty rubbish.

someone made a pack of pictures of random faces, that will come through as the regens, if you want that.
    https://fmfan.ru/board/index.php?/to...megapack-fm18/

This is the download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j8n...FmBEBah52/view

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could legitimately be anyone's title at this point. 9 games to go. That said, I'm the leading candidate for the Bayern post.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 17-03-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season's done.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can tell by the average rating of your strikers that they scored 2-3 goals one game and then missed every single chance the next 2 or something.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are the cheaty way too cheap young players that are brillo of this one? I'm playing a Swansea game and I've got 2 million quid to get this bunch of shite into mid-table.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    We're punching teams left and right in Europe, yet can't buy a win in the league to save our lives.

Edit: Olivari has 11 goals and 19 assists in 22 games, but apparently he's a fraud:

Such a quality feature, that.
    Have you ever been on Twitter? It’s pretty accurate.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Have you ever been on Twitter? It’s pretty accurate.
    Fair enough.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end, I got approached by Bayern (with 9 games left for the season, as per the league table in my previous post). There's not much to say here, a massive club so if I fail to do well here, I suck. I was only expected to achieve CL qualification (based on the massive failure that the previous manager was), but in the end we had the easiest run of games you could imagine (only top-half team we had to play was Wolfsburg away, which was the only game we didn't win), and coupled with RBL stumbling at Bochum and Frankfurt, this has to be the easiest title I've ever won:

Frings took over at Bremen and almost fucked everything up (1 point in his first 5 games), but 2 wins after that meant they at least secured European football for next season. As for my season at Werder, it was a pretty decent one. I left them at 4th place, just 3 points off the top, and we also qualified from the group stages of the Champions League (finished 2nd in a group consisting of Roma, Tottenham and Sporting) and then went out to Monaco 3-2 on aggregate (due to a late goal, which felt bad, but it was ultimately the fair result).

As for Bayern, here's the 3 best players at the club:

That keeper has to be one of the best I've seen in the game. Bit strange that he's only worth 18 million.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transfers out:

Transfers in:

£1.1m.

£6.75m

£5m.

£2.5m.

£12m.

£9m.

Went a bit crazy but I like what I've bought.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you sell him?

I resisted in this window but Guangzhou did offer £50m total (most up front with some in instalments) with 50% next sale. Was a bit hard for me to say no to that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stomped.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shipped my desktop to Greece and I'm left playing the game on a 5-year old laptop and it goes like at 1/3 the speed. The struggles!
    @Sir Andy Mahowry: Wesley only scored 2 of the 11 goals so you should definitely get rid.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 19-03-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a full season yesterday, was good fun. I have a feeling I'm completely screwed but I'll post an update later.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The finances are the biggest issue for me right now. I've nearly finished my first season in the Championship and I'm in the playoff positions. Despite being well under my wage budget, I'm over a million pounds in debt. The tiny ground doesn't help, and I simply can't seem to raise any sort of money. Perhaps getting promoted to the Premier League would help, but if I do, I'll get absolutely demolished as my team is nowhere near good enough. I've still got players from the Conference in my starting line up.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure the guy who made my level 10 database didn't do the finances very well, because in one and a half seasons (first in level 9 second in level 8, i.e. 3 and 2 divisions below conf norf/south) I've built up a WARCHEST, i'll have easily built up a bank balance of about 400 grand by the end of the season. I'd like to say I'm just running the club really well, but it seems fucked. This season I have loads of players on ~300 quid a week, total wage bill of about 6 grand and I'm still easily making money.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    You'd definitely not enjoy it now then. About 30 reports, which are really badly laid out, landing together into your inbox every few days that you've to 'OK' or 'Discard'. God knows why they just don't go into a list of your scouted players without discarding anything.
    This is an absolute mess. I genuinely don't understand what's going on so I just look at my phone while hovering over a place that will most likely hit the moving acknowledge button and click until it goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Did a full season yesterday, was good fun. I have a feeling I'm completely screwed but I'll post an update later.
    After my calls for cheat players went unheeded so my only purchase was this scrawny Portuguese lad called Xadas who wasn't a natural in any of the positions I was playing on the pitch but my scouts said was 86 good because I really know what I'm doing but I wasn't sure about because my scouts are all shit.

The plan was to play 3 central midfielders with the Ayew brothers on either wing and Abraham/Bony up front. I kind of needed that to work because everyone else was shit. My only other right winger was Narsingh who didn't look that good and my most attacking left winger was Sam Clucas. So Xadas would understudy for either side. Let the season roll.

The season kicked off with a morale boosting destruction of my team by Tottenham, City and Chelsea in my first 3 games. I'd hoped the 6-0 win against Plymouth would have helped. Nah. Chelsea put 4 past us and Martin Ollson two-footed someone in the 89th minute. It would be a recurring theme throughout the season when Sanches two footed someone so badly he got a 5 game ban for it in a 6-1 loss to Liverpool.

On the player front, it turns out my plan was total dog shit as the Ayew brothers who I placed all my faith in severely let me down. Andre Ayew racked up 18 starts and 6 decent sub appearances as in Inside Forward with a return of 3 goals. That return has earned himself a one way trip to Bournemouth which I'll return to later. I'm no longer on speaking terms with Jordan Ayew and apparently his agent isn't with any other club either. Awful. Towards Christmas, Tammy Abraham has been carrying us on his shoulders with Sanches chipping in occasionally as I give up on the Ayew brothers. Luciano Narsingh who I'd written off as a bloke who could just run quite fast starts scoring left and right and my man, Xardoz, is popping up too even though I'm playing him in a position he's rated at 2 stars because I can't bare to write Jordan Ayews name.

All this negativity and I haven't even mentioned we finished 7th. Somehow. We drew one less game than we won all season in the dullest race to the Europa but a accurate reflection of the real life Premier League. Everyone from 13th down within 4 points of relegation and the top 6 in a league of their own and Arsenal at the bottom of it.

Full schedule:
    Toggle Spoiler

Now onto next year, instead of the three million I was given last year I now have 56 million quid. Good old TV money. I also have Jordi Amat, Roque Mesa and Borja Baston returning from awful seasons. I don't particularly want to keep any of them but we'll see.

I've splurged loads of it on to have the brothers that shall no longer be named never darken my door again. Most of that went on Ryan Sessegnon who seems to have the same kind of strengths as Narsingh does but from the other side and a few youngsters who's stats stood out to replace the outgoing Angel Rangel and loan players Sanches, Andy King and poor Tammy. I'm going to try to get him again but he's so good I assume Chelsea will let him rot in the reserves instead.

I'm looking at getting Ben Mee in for four million thanks to Burnley going down. I considered going for Sakho who's available for nine million but I don't want to start paying people a 100k a week. Another reason for Ben Mee is the dilemna I mentioned at the top of the post. The Europa League. They want an amount of players trained by Swansea. I've got none. They want a large amount of players trained in England. I've got 1 less than that. So I'm either qualifying for the Europa with a squad of 15 and a few 12 year olds or I'm going out early.

edit: @SvN spoilers don't work with images.

edit2: nearly forgot. Xadas

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    This is an absolute mess. I genuinely don't understand what's going on so I just look at my phone while hovering over a place that will most likely hit the moving acknowledge button and click until it goes away.
    That's exactly what I used to do too. Ended up just putting it through the chief scout then.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dinamo 2024/25 review:

League:

Absolutely pissed it, second straight undefeated league but with an even better showing. I also didn't start my main 3 strikers for most games (Makarun only got 14 and Big Wes got 20 with Camus getting 19) so it was a bigger pisstake really.

We've now gone 81 games without losing (last loss was on 19th March 2023) and we're on a 31 game winning streak.

Domestic cup:

The Osjek second leg was nervy as fuck but we only lost because everyone was injured/suspended/on internationals apart from Krecak, Lowry and Galli.

European Super Cup:

Feels good to stick the boot into them after going out in their group (and them being the only ones to actually beat us) last season.

Champions League:

An absolute horror show. I thought we had a real chance after the Super Cup but the team just didn't click in the group stage. I really don't want us to lose again next year.

Europa:

Our third consecutive final and our second loss. 29 year old Dele 'Wanker' Alli and 31 year old Harry Kane fucked us, we were better in the first half but just couldn't get near them in the second.

Team stats:

For the first time since joining Wesley Alex wasn't our player of the season although I'm not sure how he managed the young player seeing as Krecak is only 17.

Also, for the first time Wesley Alex wasn't our top scorer. He only played in 38 games this year but was supplying them more than scoring them, Makarun though only played 31 games. Oh and ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING RED CARDS \0/.

Got to give some of the outsider youth some real games this year which was nice.

I also liked that Makarun was top scorer in the league despite only playing in what, 39% of the games? Hero:

I've also had my first scare with finances as we went to -£9m at one point but we've started the season with £19m in the bank.

I'm still staying here but Juventus and Atletico have already offered me job interviews.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @phonics what doesn't work about them? The one posted seems fine for me?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand players in FM sometimes. I go after a player (as Bayern), that West Ham are also after.

- Premier League and Bundesliga have similar reputations in my save (PL being slightly higher though)
    - Bayern have a bigger reputation than West Ham
    - I am offering him double the money, plus a lot in agent fees etc
    - I am offering him a first team role, while West Ham offer a rotation role

He chooses West Ham.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's frustrating, even at lower levels. I tried signing some reserve Premier League players on loan while in the Championship and they refused, but then went on loan to League 2 teams.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're finally going to get out of the groups.

The worst 1st, 2nd and 4th seeds by coefficient.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 20-03-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roma lose so much money it's unreal. Finished the first season third and then sold the cash cow triple threat of Nainggolan, Strootman and Manolas to give me any kind of transfer budget. That and the TV money means I'm doing well in the second season but the team runs at a loss and I don't think a stadium move is possible as you don't seem to be able to request to build a nice smaller ground that actually makes sense.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transfers out:

£23m just from loans isn't too shabby. I did try to sell Fabrice Kone but I didn't get any decent offers, I was also surprised that Guangzhou didn't come back in for Wesley as I was hoping as I would have sold him. I imagine they will come in for him in January though.

Transfers in:

£7.25m and another one to add to my striker collection. I think he's going to be a special speedy striker.

£2m. I had been chasing Orlowski for about 9 months or so but he was such a dick and kept wanting to stay, he then signed a new contract so I couldn't sign him for absolute peanuts. I like him a lot (and he's a fellow Pole) but he will find games hard to come by with Krecak ahead of him, although if last season is anything to go by he'll have plenty of league games.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I got promoted from the Championship and I'm going to get absolutely slaughtered in the Premier League. However, on the bright side, the board have decided that my 8k stadium needed upgrading, so I'm using Old Trafford for the season, and gate receipts are through the roof. So even if I come straight back down, I should make a fortune.

1 point in 3 games so far, including a collapse from 2-0 up against Brentford. It's not going to be pretty.

I do find that my scouts are absolutely useless though. They keep recommending players that would be "Well suited to League 2 football".

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've just got to hope they keep you in the seat beyond the relegation, then. Or you could go big in January with your evil Glazerbucks.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This super lower league mod is definitely broken but in a fun way. My mighty Rugby Town side are currently pissing level 8 after getting promoted from level 9 last season, and most of our first team players are good conference north/south players according to the coaches, and our only losses this season are against Conference Tranmere in the fa cup and Conference leaders Wrexham in the fa trophy, and we didn't get smashed in either.

Will win the division this season and should really be aiming to win a 3rd consecutive title next season. I imagine it'll only start to get remotely challenging when we get to Conf north/south.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience it takes until league two to start becoming a challenge.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I genuinely have no idea how we're going to lose a game whilst I'm still here.

Edit:

Dumping the dickheads out
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 21-03-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen a manager scout more than 2 players before.

Midseason awards:

Edit:

He had a £12.75m release clause and just wouldn't sign a new contract.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 21-03-2018 at 09:25 PM.