User Tag List

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,200 of 3495

Thread: FIFA 18 - sponsored by capitalising the thread title

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players should have a set list of positions, like in career, and only be able to play in them.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing players and formation in game should have the same effect as it does pre-game.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I swear the game is designed for you to lose a match. Just lost to 79 all Portugese league team.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the League/Icon SBCs are bottoming out in price again. Now is the time if you want to do one and still get use out of the player.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Fekir yesterday to finish my team off for 150k. He's now sat at 220k due to the 1 nation requirement this week.

Do I cash in now or wait a little?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some schmuck opened packs for 3800£. Not one icon or 91 above rated player. EA are robbing us.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...ct_3800_later/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I bought Fekir yesterday to finish my team off for 150k. He's now sat at 220k due to the 1 nation requirement this week.

Do I cash in now or wait a little?
    Take the coins

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I missed my chance there, he's down to 180k now. Still in profit, but not amazingly so.

Having tried him out, he's a smaller but faster version of HAMES. Both have deadly left feet. However both leave a little to be required on their right.

I now have a choice. I can keep as is and build the coins back up, or I could essentially sell TOTS Fekir, then buy Neymar, TOTS Falcao and TOTS Rabiot. Everything would still link up but it would solve a small issue.

Bailey has the occasional sitter miss in him. Neymar has better finishing and composure, whilst also bringing a 5* weak foot. Rabiot would be an upgrade on Tolisso and Falcao is a pure poacher, though I'm not sure how I'd cope with him down on pace. He does look like a discount Suarez though which interests me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under the assumption the main game is basically dead I've whacked TotS Goretzka (for 445k) and TotS Kimmich (245k) onto the transfer list and replaced with Allan and Koulibaly from the TotS SBC's. So if it isn't dead, it won't matter too much.

When those two sell I'll have enough coins to open 100 World Cup premium packs and I'll save the free FUT packs should anything else interesting happen in the main game.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brought in TOTS Kane last night to essentially complete my team on this version, the unlikely accumulation of several hundred thousand coins to buy TOTS Azpilicueta aside. He's a bit silly isn't he? Fuck knows what that TOTY thing Mahow has must be like.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TOTY Kane is probably the best player I've used on any version. He's genuinely brilliant.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancemeister View Post
    Some schmuck opened packs for 3800£. Not one icon or 91 above rated player. EA are robbing us.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...ct_3800_later/
    Wow.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played through 16 games of the weekend league. Couldn't manage any more due to Internet issues. I won 14, got disconnected from 1 while 6-4 up and lost 1 deservedly. I'd only have needed to go slightly better than win one, lose one, over the remainder of the games to hit Elite.

Still, Silver 1 is pretty good as it gets me 20k and 2 decent packs.

Falcao is deadly around the box. The lack of pace is however a little noticeable. Neymar is noticeably slower, but then you can feel a more assured finish. Rabiot is just a shade too slow for my style. Very strong though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck were they smoking when they decided England - Tunisia MM a 82 rated squad?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given how deep we are into the game, those new SBC cards should be super high.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The highlights of the new SBCs:

FUTBIN reckons you need 150k for Vidals group of SBCs, with 200k for Rashfords group. I don't think any of the smaller players look up to much of yet.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really should have put Vidal at 80 speed so he's in 'THE CLUB'.

Rashford looks like he'd be a brilliant super sub.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200k for that card at this stage of the game seems a little crazy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are they dynamic images?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like the idea behind those sbc's, but it's too late in the day and they're mostly not good enough.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a good idea. I would like something similar but you don't actually have to keep and submit the card. Like a sticker album. You get a card, and it goes into the sticker album. You have to get specific cards in order to get a prize.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My time in Div 1 did not go as well as hoped. I needed 1 point to stay up with 2 games remaining. Ended up getting disconnected from both. Just missed out on Div 2 promotion again too.

I had switched up the team to this:

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work. Neymar has a great finish but isn't physically there. Keita isn't amazing for this stage of the game either. I've sold back up, have the right side of my team still and have 260k before my rewards come in tonight.

Not sure where to go with it. But things I've learned from Div 1 are; De Gea is god. He saves EVERYTHING. Any form of Striker Ronaldo(either one) are unstoppable. Prime Gullit is the best player on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Its a good idea. I would like something similar but you don't actually have to keep and submit the card. Like a sticker album. You get a card, and it goes into the sticker album. You have to get specific cards in order to get a prize.
    MUT does something similar to this.

I guess league SBCs are our version of this.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I going insane or is UT on the World Cup the most arcade, free scoring shitfest ever created? There’s no point in defenders nor goalkeepers.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got 2 ideas. First one is the team I've rocked up. Volland would come off for Sonaldo and it'd turn into a 4-2-3-1.

The other option is simply to rebuild my old team, but buy Ronaldo to bring straight on.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Am I going insane or is UT on the World Cup the most arcade, free scoring shitfest ever created? There’s no point in defenders nor goalkeepers.
    This FIFA has been designed all about attack. If you know what you are doing, the better attackers in the game are just too quick for the defenders. The low driven shot is still too good for almost all goalkeepers too.

They've also ruined it by making it so you can pretty much have a full Icon team if your luck is in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with IF Cyprien over Rabiot for pace reasons and he was surprisingly good. Saul was decent, but I can't say I notice much difference between him or a standard Vidal. For over 100k coins more, I don't think it's justified keeping him. Gaya is a similar story. I don't see him being 40k coins better than standard Jordi Alba.

I also remain unconvinced on Ter Stegen. Given the current team I can easily plug De Gea in and test the theory.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I've got a decent internet connection I can actually play FUT

Started off with a collection of goatherders and am now just ticking through some league matches.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Now I've got a decent internet connection I can actually play FUT

Started off with a collection of goatherders and am now just ticking through some league matches.
    Make sure you claim the coin bonuses from the unlock menu. There's about eighty thousand coins to be had.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have any of the World Cup players been upgraded yet?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Ronaldo is up to a 96 for me

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They only seem to be updating 1 per match though, which is a shame.

I was hoping to have a good run at Div 1, but I wont be winning it any time soon. I can win 4, maybe 5 in each attempt. It's the teams packed with the meta Icons I can't deal with.
    We're all about similar ability, so having a Gullit or R9 makes all the difference.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold my Sterling to fund Lukaku (both TOTS) and have found Lukaku to be a bag of shit. 10 games and 2 goals, 1 assist. Sterling had averaged both a goal and an assist in 40 games.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.futhead.com/18/players/48481/mohamed-salah/

or

https://www.futhead.com/18/players/5...heem-sterling/

Who do we reckon? I have played with Sterling before and enjoyed him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say Sterling. Salah never seems as fast when I've played against him, but even so that 2* weak foot is reason enough for me not to use him.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went for the 91 Aubameyang in the and he has proved to be lethal in front of goal. 15 goals from 9 games.

Glad he has proved to be a success because he has gone from the 180,000 I paid to 150,000 in 5-6 hours.

https://www.futhead.com/18/squads/3394455/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo in WC mode is broken. I think i have something like 45 goals in 15 games with him.

Got Ronaldinho in an icon pack to I have them two upfront with KDB in behind.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Fifa 19 really changed how shooting works? I hear it works like active reload in this one, that sounds like such a huge change I might actually pick it up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Has Fifa 19 really changed how shooting works? I hear it works like active reload in this one, that sounds like such a huge change I might actually pick it up.
    Apparently it's only for trickier shots. Like for example now you have the low driven shot being OP. So long as you tap B or Circle again before the power bar fills up, you're getting the same shot every time.

Now you'll have to time the 2nd press, otherwise it'll scuff or slice the shot, or balloon it over.

It's also rightly going to make the scorpion kick goals, bicycle kicks etc, a rare thing. Right now it's just LT + B with the ball being in the right place and you can press it whenever. Now you'll actually have to time it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They seemed to go a few years back with the idea that fancy shit should be easy to do. I much prefer it being circumstantial. I want the AI to be smarter, or at least more fun to play against.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Make sure you claim the coin bonuses from the unlock menu. There's about eighty thousand coins to be had.
    Yeah, most of them are simple too so I'm cracking through them.

Starting to get a vague semblance of a team together although still got some absolute shite in the squad. Loan players are a lot of fun and it's nice to try out players.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Yeah, most of them are simple too so I'm cracking through them.

Starting to get a vague semblance of a team together although still got some absolute shite in the squad. Loan players are a lot of fun and it's nice to try out players.
    He is referring to the XP points (not the weekly objectives) - https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xIeMiNtBMH4/maxresdefault.jpg

You can use your points to purchase a variety of things, one being 'coin bonuses' which for example will provide 1,000 additional coins per match for the next 15 matches you play.

Very handy at this stage of the game.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed that neither of those don't exist in the Switch version. Explains why I am still shit poor.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switched my team up to get Kante in it and now I'm not sure why I didn't do it sooner. He's amazing.

Managed to scrape survival in Div 1 on the final game again, so changed things up, as I said, got Son into the starting team and bought TOTS Mahrez and TOTS Robertson, birthday Sissoko and got POTM Zaha back in.

Found myself 3-0 down in my first game at half time. Made a couple of changes and then fought back. It lead to this goal.

Went on from that to win the game, then the following 7 games on the bounce. It was a crazy run. Last goal now is really to work Ronaldo or Messi into the team somehow.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    He is referring to the XP points (not the weekly objectives) - https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xIeMiNtBMH4/maxresdefault.jpg

You can use your points to purchase a variety of things, one being 'coin bonuses' which for example will provide 1,000 additional coins per match for the next 15 matches you play.

Very handy at this stage of the game.
    Ah I see. Yeah, haven't used those yet.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With them on you'll be getting 1,500 coins a game. You could have about 10-15k after 1 run in divisions. Plenty to pad out the team with.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    24K for this, is mad.

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/5541882

I paid more than that for my first 82 young french forward.

You could replace Rose and Smalling for Telles and Felipe for no chem loss and little cost change.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    24K for this, is mad.

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/5541882

I paid more than that for my first 82 young french forward.

You could replace Rose and Smalling for Telles and Felipe for no chem loss and little cost change.
    Swap Smalling for Bailly and Morata for Jesus.

I am not looking forward to FIFA 19 and having to pay the start of the game prices again.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bailly gets 6 chem, he was in the “original” but I went for full chem so chucked in Smalling.. Great shout on Jesus

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still using Bailly now. He's the perfect FIFA defender. Also links into the best keeper in the game.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, coming to it this late is pretty cool as you can pick up super cheap but great players

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Bailly gets 6 chem, he was in the “original” but I went for full chem so chucked in Smalling.. Great shout on Jesus
    Ah, good point.

I still had Bailly, Rose and Valencia in my team until very recently (all had 600+ appearances). I still have Bailly in there now.