User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Middle East and co (*sponsored by Mel Gibson*)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystacks Horace View Post
    The German war machine has taken most of the rest of the world to stop twice. Crank it up once more then pitch in the military might of a fully mobilised United Kingdom, the French and the burgeoning Polish army and watch the Yanks quake.
    This is remarkably stupid, even for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    This is remarkably stupid, even for you.
    Why is that Henry?

I respect your opinion but I'd like to know what you are basing it upon.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to know what you are basing it upon.
    100 years of economic and military development/divergence.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    100 years of economic and military development/divergence.
    Harold isn't 100 years old.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is that Henry?
    Because it has taken decades for the US to achieve its current position, with the advantage of a relatively isolated geographic position, a single centralised polity and a conscious policy of not allowing rivals to develop.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you giving it the big 'un? You do realise a fully united and re-armed Europe would stomp the US into the ground militarily.
    Lol. 2-0 undefeated in World Wars, we would make Europe our little bitch while your emasculated male population cowered and whimpered for mercy hiding behind their feminist woman leaders for protection.

And forget about any sort of amphibious assault, our good ol' boy redneck gun wackos would make the Russian winter look like a promenade down the Champs-Elyeeses.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a reminder: the GDP per capita of the U.K. would make it the 49th poorest state in the US, just ahead of Mississippi. You are poor nation, that would get lol wrecked by a mobilized US, not to mention the cultural deficiencies.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    1. Not a war
    2. We didn't technically lose

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    1. Not a war
    2. We didn't technically lose
    1. Yeah, it was.
    2. You got involved to stop the spread of communism... The North overran the South and Vietnam is still a communist country. You lost.
    3. Lol.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should be 'undefeated in five years of World War'. Put another way, as many as France.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Korea was a bit of a fuck up, too. Although they stopped the North's invasion of the South, the US then completely failed to advance the South into the North. Score draw.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They won in Grenada though, good work lads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised nobody's got stuck into his use of "we" there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. 2-0 undefeated in World Wars, we would make Europe our little bitch while your emasculated male population cowered and whimpered for mercy hiding behind their feminist woman leaders for protection.

And forget about any sort of amphibious assault, our good ol' boy redneck gun wackos would make the Russian winter look like a promenade down the Champs-Elyeeses.
    I think youre a bit misguided son, US is a big decadent mess and the peoples think they're hard but are not a warlike race like those of Europe.you would be monced, utterly into bits.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think youre a bit misguided son, US is a big decadent mess and the peoples think they're hard but are not a warlike race like those of Europe.you would be monced, utterly into bits.
    Get outside of the degenerate coastal areas (who dominate our (((popular culture))) as perceived by those outside our country) and it's a sea of deep red patriots. I'd take a Kansas farm boy over any nationality or culture yall could throw at us.

You're straight delusional. Have fun living in a totalitarian state without basic freedoms, and fantasizing over the sort of standard of living taken for granted by our lower middle class.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck camouflaging a mobility scooter.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take a Kansas farm boy

Mert, 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get outside of the degenerate coastal areas (who dominate our (((popular culture))) as perceived by those outside our country) and it's a sea of deep red patriots. I'd take a Kansas farm boy over any nationality or culture yall could throw at us.

You're straight delusional. Have fun living in a totalitarian state without basic freedoms, and fantasizing over the sort of standard of living taken for granted by our lower middle class.
    Kansas farm boy might be right up your channel but here we have real men with farm strength who can pull tractors. If you genuinely believe what you're saying then I think you need a quiet sit down and reflection period. Were talking Poles, we're talking German war machine, we're talking Scotch special forces. Come on now son, US would be horaced to within an inch of its life.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kansas farm boy might be right up your channel but here we have real men with farm strength who can pull tractors. If you genuinely believe what you're saying then I think you need a quiet sit down and reflection period. Were talking Poles, we're talking German war machine, we're talking Scotch special forces. Come on now son, US would be horaced to within an inch of its life.
    You mean the guys who got fucked by the guys we fucked? Lol. Get a grip. We are about 20-30 years ahead technologically regardless. There's no martial spirit in Europe, in America soldiers are exulted. The only thing that comes close is Turkey, and they are just terrible at everything else. Have you spoken to the average limp wristed European numale? No chance.

Deal with it. Europe is 30-years away from being full third-world status, and inhabited by a bunch of has been losers who are allowing their entire civilization to be annihilated. You are inferior in every way imaginable to the United States of America.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just pull them out and measure them, guys. Save us all having to read the insecurity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the guys who got fucked by the guys we fucked? Lol. Get a grip. We are about 20-30 years ahead technologically regardless. There's no martial spirit in Europe, in America soldiers are exulted. The only thing that comes close is Turkey, and they are just terrible at everything else. Have you spoken to the average limp wristed European numale? No chance.

Deal with it. Europe is 30-years away from being full third-world status, and inhabited by a bunch of has been losers who are allowing their entire civilization to be annihilated. You are inferior in every way imaginable to the United States of America.
    You must be trying to wind me up now with this nonsense, good try! There is a guy at my local who can carry one of those silver barrels of cider on each shoulder (not sure if full or empty) and blokes like that are rife in the countryside and would break every bone in a candy ass kansas farmboy's body.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone explain to me why everyone seems to be against Kurdish independence?

Whether it's Turkey, Iraq or whoever else, no-one seems to like the Kurds, they've at this point liberated half of Iraq from ISIS, they don't want to get involved in anything that isn't defending Kurdish land so you don't have to worry about them becoming a regional power like Iran.

Even 'The West' seems to be against it even though we've been plowing money to them because they're the only ones who take our bribes and actually spend it on what we ask them to.

I don't get it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because Iraq, Iran, and Turkey don't want to lose half of their territory, the Kurdish bits of the former two have lots of oil in, what's left of Iraq would even more overwhelmingly Shia (and therefore even more decisively in the Iranian orbit), the whole concept of Syria as a nation depends on not having the different sects being overtly separate (lol), and any hard-won Kurdistan would presumably look to China and Russia for support and weapons. It's a bit of a perfect storm really. You could see them getting something out of Iraq and Syria simply because those two countries could do little about it if they established a state across the borders, but it's hard to see them getting anything out of Iran, let alone Turkey.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's honestly more surprising to me that governments like Sudan allowed separatist movements to foment and eventually referendums to be held that split their country in two. Nobody wants to lose their territory, right, so why let it happen (assuming you don't give a shit about abusing and torturing civilians)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, I'd willingly let anywhere west of the Bann go.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the broader point but allow seems a bit off when there are over a million Sudanese refugees in Uganda and an estimated three million internal refugees.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why everyone seems to be against Kurdish independence?

Whether it's Turkey, Iraq or whoever else, no-one seems to like the Kurds, they've at this point liberated half of Iraq from ISIS, they don't want to get involved in anything that isn't defending Kurdish land so you don't have to worry about them becoming a regional power like Iran.

Even 'The West' seems to be against it even though we've been plowing money to them because they're the only ones who take our bribes and actually spend it on what we ask them to.

I don't get it.
    Stability, innit? They have a bigger claim for their own state than Israel do (probably) but it won’t happen because if you take land off Turkey, Syria and Iraq it will chuck further fuel on the smouldering shithole.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be quite shit to be around from 2500 years and not actually have a state.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But that’s enough about Scotland.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how come everyone hates Israel except us? Serious question.

Yes I could google it but you guys know I'm not smart enough to digest all of that information in the amount of time that I'm going to actually be interested in the answer. After a paragraph I'd give up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    how come everyone hates Israel except us? Serious question.

Yes I could google it but you guys know I'm not smart enough to digest all of that information in the amount of time that I'm going to actually be interested in the answer. After a paragraph I'd give up.
    Well, it’s a Jewish state and people hate Jews. Why people hate Jews is the next question and I can’t answer that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Jews have been hated pretty much throughout the entirety of human history haven't they?

Even the fucking Pharoah's had it in for them.

Through no fault of their own, of course.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They wanted a place to defend and go so the holocaust couldn't happen again. So they carved land from other counties to create it and thus created pure hatred from the Arabs.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the whole HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO CRUEL or WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG. Well if you bother to do research and look in to history everything can be explained. Not agreeing with the actions but the logic is there, even if its completely ridiculous and warped.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can see why the Israelis attract so much dislike, and also why they shouldn't give a shit; but there is definitely a Jewish element to some of it in the West. There are plenty of border disputes to moan about, and yet the professional whingers just so happen to obsess over the only one involving Jews.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that due to West support?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the serious moaning targets Israel itself, rather than our supporting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    So they carved land from other counties

"Right guys, where do you want your new nation to be?"
    "A quiet corner of Cumbria would do nicely, Jeff"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's certainly a distinctive tinge of anti-semitism in much of the criticism directed at the Israelis.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really know nothing about that conflict. Still take their money.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 'rabs are possessive little twats at the best of times.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have better hats. In Europe, part of the problem is that we never integrated. Not simply because we were not always welcome, but pre-Napoleonic bargain European Jews didn't largely view ourselves as both / and. That is the fundamental question at the heart of the Reform / Zionist movement split. And the Holocaust really ended Reform in most of Europe. All of that history and tension is large avoided in the new world. We've always been welcome here in ways we simply are not in Europe. At least in my personal experience.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were a couple of Jews at school and they were treated as anyone else was. That said, they didn’t have the ridiculous sideburns or the weird hats. I still remember being shocked as a kid when I saw a barrage of hate chucked at some Jewish kids when I was staying with my cousin for the Summer Holidays in North London. I Just don’t get it. It usually comes from Christians and Muslims as well, which is weird because without Judaism you wouldn’t have either of them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Most of the serious moaning targets Israel itself, rather than our supporting it.
    If by serious moaning you mean moaning about bygones. Unilateral support for Israel in anything their heart desires is the one political issue that simply does not exist as a 2-sided debate, and if you try to take a critical lens to it you're labelled anti-Semitic. Which makes you think to yourself, hmm, who's controlling the message...

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. It's a bit like how the foreign policy/terrorism discussion gets shut down (largely by the same people), and probably due to the need to take sides in it ('The only democracy in the Middle East...').

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    There were a couple of Jews at school and they were treated as anyone else was. That said, they didn’t have the ridiculous sideburns or the weird hats. I still remember being shocked as a kid when I saw a barrage of hate chucked at some Jewish kids when I was staying with my cousin for the Summer Holidays in North London. I Just don’t get it. It usually comes from Christians and Muslims as well, which is weird because without Judaism you wouldn’t have either of them.
    I wish we could round them all up and you know the rest.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should have some evidence of Jews having the best hats, the orthodox guys maybe but the little bald spot warmers the rest of you have are rubbish.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the best Jew hats.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yemen is going well as ever.

The ex-president who caused the war in the first place came out and said he would ally with the Saudi's 3 days ago. He's dead now.