Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Evans for a third?

Why I don't mind if I do.
    Literally the most unexpected selection of the lot Gray Fox has a pretty easy decision too, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    This is what you want, Dan:

https://yourulz.com/

Not really looked at it, but heard it advertised and it sounded mental.
    Yeah, I've heard that advertised too. Will give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've just done my VBD sheet for my other league and it has David Johnson waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in front for 1st choice. Top picks after that (not in any order) are Rodgers, Tyreek Hill (we have return yards), Lev Bell (who is a comfortable 2nd), Devonta Freeman.... are Johnson / Bell as a 1/2 right? Does it sound like I've fucked my other baselines? I feel like I might have...
    DJ & Bell are top two in almost any way of measuring. Pretty sure Tyreek Hill isn't returning anything this year though.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, @Gray Fox, can you look up the prices for these guys:

Jimmy Graham
    Ty Montgomery
    Alshon Jeffery

Probably not going to be taking Edelman, I'll say that right now

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, we're actually coming back on Saturday.

I should be on a ferry by then though so I'll whack out the laptop or phone.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going so smoothly

Also:

Hogan and J-Stew were both waivered this morning (not by the people ahead of me so I remain at 3) and Amendola and Palmer were snapped up off free agency. This left me to add Josh Gordon, Robby Anderson and Joe Williams while only dropping Yeldon. Not unhappy with that.

Ted Ginn and Smallwood were the men who were dropped, so nothing interesting there.
    Rumours now that Joe Williams might not even make the roster

I can't imagine that's really going to happen considering everything they did to get him, but he hasn't been impressive so far & they do still have Hightower to go along with Hyde & Breida.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I've been contemplating dropping him, but not sure there's much out there I'd rather have.

Someone dropped Eli so I'm considering that, either dropping Williams or maybe Tyrod, but I'm not using my waiver on him, so he'll have to clear that first.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eli's going to be horrible again this season. I'd take either of the Carson's over him. Hell, I'd probably take Sam Bradford over him.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll start over fresh.

New site, new league etc.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Eli's going to be horrible again this season. I'd take either of the Carson's over him. Hell, I'd probably take Sam Bradford over him.
    Keep in mind this is my dynasty league, so Wentz is long gone, and Palmer is a no go (though someone just picked him up.... but I doubt he'll keep him for long).

I'm not desperate for another QB as I have Luck (one of my top 2 targets in the draft for QB) and Cousins to cover for Luck until he gets over his injury. Cousins obviously has long term concerns such as where he's going to be playing next season... but for this season he should serve as a reliable starter until Luck is firing (it's only a 1 QB league).

I'm just wondering if I can upgrade on Tyrod as my 3rd, particularly as there's talk of him losing the gig. It's not desperate as I don't see the 3rd man starting any games this season, barring some real issues with my top 2.

According to projections both Eli and Cutler would be an upgrade on Tyrod for this year. Slightly behind Tyrod are Flacco, Bortles, Bradford and Smith, but of course the projections only take into account one season.

Fantasy Pros dynasty rankings have sticking with Tyrod as my best option, with Mahomes, Eli and Bortles the best possible replacements (in that order). Their single season rankings have Eli is a slight upgrade with Cutler, Flacco and Bradford the best other options.

The other guy Mahow linked to has Tyrod as easily the best option of what is out there for me.

Ultimately I'm inclined to stick with Tyrod, but if Williams is not going to anything, I could probably do worse than covering myself by picking up Eli until something better comes along.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we gonna have a vote on this keeper business or ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, I think we're just going to do 1 keeper. 2 would be a bit unfair given people drafted/traded/dropped players not knowing that they could be potential keepers next season.

If we want to extend it to 2 next season that's fine by me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine by me just wanted to clarify.

Gonna be out of town this weekend so may be doing the draft by mobile just wanted to make sure of everything before i fucked off.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind this is my dynasty league, so Wentz is long gone, and Palmer is a no go (though someone just picked him up.... but I doubt he'll keep him for long).

I'm not desperate for another QB as I have Luck (one of my top 2 targets in the draft for QB) and Cousins to cover for Luck until he gets over his injury. Cousins obviously has long term concerns such as where he's going to be playing next season... but for this season he should serve as a reliable starter until Luck is firing (it's only a 1 QB league).

I'm just wondering if I can upgrade on Tyrod as my 3rd, particularly as there's talk of him losing the gig. It's not desperate as I don't see the 3rd man starting any games this season, barring some real issues with my top 2.

According to projections both Eli and Cutler would be an upgrade on Tyrod for this year. Slightly behind Tyrod are Flacco, Bortles, Bradford and Smith, but of course the projections only take into account one season.

Fantasy Pros dynasty rankings have sticking with Tyrod as my best option, with Mahomes, Eli and Bortles the best possible replacements (in that order). Their single season rankings have Eli is a slight upgrade with Cutler, Flacco and Bradford the best other options.

The other guy Mahow linked to has Tyrod as easily the best option of what is out there for me.

Ultimately I'm inclined to stick with Tyrod, but if Williams is not going to anything, I could probably do worse than covering myself by picking up Eli until something better comes along.
    Tyrod has a more reliable floor because of his rushing, but Eli is going to have bigger totals when he's on form. You just have to try & work out exactly when that is, which is half the problem, as if you get it wrong you're probably starting a QB that's thrown 3 INTs.

---

I think I know what I'm doing with my keeper, but I'll probably mull it over for a bit longer, especially if any of those other guys on my team are good value.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, the more I look at Eli, the less interested I am really.

Assuming one of Luck/Cousins is available every week I think I'll stick with Tyrod. Obviously if the time comes where I'm considering starting him I may need to consider that further.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go for Mahomes.

He's young and is being groomed to be the Chiefs franchise QB from next season.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahomes is very tempting, but with Luck struggling, I'd be leaving myself a bit exposed to drop down to 2 QBs until I'm sure he's coming back strong.

Of course I could drop someone else for him.... with Joe Williams being the likely candidate at the moment.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I have to pick a keeper?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. I probably won't and nor will some others it seems.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are we doing in regards to keeping players for multiple years?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not allowing it I would imagine.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you mean not allowing it? why wouldn't we allow it?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, @Gray Fox, can you look up the prices for these guys:

Jimmy Graham - Undrafted, claimed from waivers
    Ty Montgomery - Undrafted, claimed from waivers
    Alshon Jeffery - Round 3

Probably not going to be taking Edelman, I'll say that right now
    That first one surprised me, but having drafted him the year before, he was shit. I also think he got injured in pre-season, hence no one taking the punt.

Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    what do you mean not allowing it? why wouldn't we allow it?
    There's always been a limit on how many times you can hold the same keeper. Maximum tends to be 3 years. It's to make it fairer. It's a bit crap if you have the same guys keeping Johnson/Brown/OBj every season.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That, yea.

Every league I'm in (bar the dynasty at least) only allows it for 1 year.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess that makes it easier for me.

Isn't there sometimes an escalating scale for keeping a player multiple years? So if you keep a 15th rounder for a second year, you lose a higher pick at an agreed rate (for instance, two rounds higher per year). First round value players (possibly second too) would only be allowed to be kept one year.

Again, either way is fine, I just want to make sure we get everything nailed down.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm likely to just go with 1 season and then they return to the board, particularly if we're considering extending it to 2 keepers. Having the same 20 elite players out of commission for multiple years would be shit.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds a lot like half-arsing to me but I don't care enough to argue. Not that I even know who I'm keeping yet. Need to dick about with my VBD baselines a bit more. At the moment it's suggesting to me that Rodgers in round 3 might be the one that's worth keeping.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what logical reason there would be to allow someone to keep the same guy year after year. As I say, every league I've been in which allows keepers has had a one year limit. It's not a dynasty league, and someone drafting say Freeman in round 15 before he was a thing shouldn't be able to dine out on that for 6 years if we did the 2 round thing.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's fine. As I say, I've not done a keeper league before it's just something I'd heard of.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, a year or two max for the same keeper.

As browning said, it's not a dynasty league.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Max I've seen is a 3 year limit. 1st year you lost the round he was drafted. 2nd year it's 2 rounds before that. 3rd year you lost your 1st round pick regardless.

I don't agree with that, as if you unearth the next star with a late pick, you're only really being affected in the last year. 1 year is best.

My only 'choice' is Lev Bell for a 3rd round or Jay Ajayi for a 10th.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    There's always been a limit on how many times you can hold the same keeper. Maximum tends to be 3 years. It's to make it fairer. It's a bit crap if you have the same guys keeping Johnson/Brown/OBj every season.
    Never in my life have I heard of that. I've been in a NBA keeper league that's been going on for like 11 years and never once was there a limit on how many years you can keep them. I'd rather not do keepers if that's the case.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be happy with a complete redraft every year but people seemed to want to do keepers. It is stupid if the same people keep the same players year after year though. Perhaps your NBA league is a dynasty, or just works differently.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should probably get the format sorted given we're drafting in three days. I'd probably slightly prefer keepers if I had to choose, but I don't really care either way.

And @Baz, you can see our league scoring on the actual league page. They're in League>Settings. The only thing I can remember that's not on there is that kick & punt return TDs count for the player who scores them, although I can't remember if they count for the DST too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, let's sort this mess out.

The talk of keepers was all rather late in the day to be honest given it started about a week before the draft, so really I'm half inclined to just say no keepers and just revisit it next year. But I'll give it a chance.

Cast your vote in this thread for Keepers or No Keepers. Keep in mind that if you vote keepers it will be:

1 Keeper, possibly rising to 2 next year, and only eligible to be kept for one year.

Cast your vote by 6pm tomorrow after which if Keepers win you'll have just over 24 hours to PM me your selection or post it in this thread and tag me in the post.

If it's no keepers then so be it.

I won't vote unless it's a tie, in which case I'll break it either by voting myself or asking Fay's Fall Guys for his vote (he won't vote otherwise as he's not on the forum).

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 keeper, rising to two.

Can only keep the same keeper for 1 or 2 years max.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Browning

If the vote is successful, I would like to keep Mike Evans.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm taking that as a yes Mahow....

2-0 already so this could be decided fast (5 wins it).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, keepers for me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm whatever but the general feeling in this thread is that we're doing a keepers league so I'll go ahead by saying yes.

I'll probably want a complete redraft to be honest with you.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First random "league draft now" on Yahoo done and dusted and it's a bit meh...

All About The Angles Roster

QB – Marcus Mariota (4), DeShone Kizer (8)
    WR – Davante Adams (5), Tyrell Williams (7), Sterling Shepard (12), Corey Coleman (14), Adam Thielen (13)
    TE – The Gronkster (3), OJ Howard (10)
    RB – Jordon Howard (1), Isaiah Crowell (2), Adrian Peterson (9), Terrance West (11)
    K – Justin Tucker (6)
    DEF – Tampa Bay (15)

I think I may of went a little bit silly by taking Howard and Crowell in the first two rounds. Probably not such a good idea to take a kicker mid-draft Naturally I'm predicted to finish rock bottom in the standings

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gronk in the third is always good. Managed to stay away from the entire Chiefs offence too. Still picked Tucker.

Progress

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes to keepers. Whatever for the timescales, I'll go with the flow.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that's five then, right? Keepers it is

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, keepers are in then.

Get them to me by, let's say midnight on Friday, though if people could do it earlier it would be better so I can put them into Yahoo in plenty of time.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le'Veon Bell, 3rd round please

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gronk in the third is always good. Managed to stay away from the entire Chiefs offence too. Still picked Tucker.

Progress
    "Well, a bad draft position led to an even worse draft. Picking sixth overall, All About The Angles is projected to land in ninth place in Yahoo Public 1165074 League with a record of 3-11-0 (1,484 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Marcus Mariota (35th overall), RB Jordan Howard (6th), WR Davante Adams (46th), and TE Rob Gronkowski (26th) within the first five rounds. They ultimately collected the bottom group of WRs in the league, as they have Adams, Tyrell Williams, Adam Thielen, and Corey Coleman on their team."

C+

I had to take Gronk pretty quickly though. Tucker is projected to score the exact same amount of points as last season according to Yahoo which is a bit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Le'Veon Bell, 3rd round please
    I think that & Evans were the two easiest picks of the bunch.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done very minimal research into this, but I guess I'll select Golden Tate- Round 8 as my keeper unless anything else catches my attention before the deadline.

Fay's Fall Guys told me he intends to keep Bilal Powell for an 11th but I'll confirm that with him 100%.

That brings us to 4 keepers submitted, remember the deadline is Midnight tomorrow as I'll need to put them into the draft on Saturday morning.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's looking unlikely I'll be keeping anyone. My mates who helped me out last season have let me down in creating a pre-draft list so I'm in deep water.
    I'm a twit