User Tag List

Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not particularly fussed with QB, if Luck isn't back I'll happily roll with Cousins for a few weeks until he is. Tyrod should serve fine as a 3rd for the time being. Not sure any of those are an upgrade on those 3.

WR- I'll probably make a play for Hogan if he clears waivers (not going to waiver him) but if I miss out I probably won't consider anyone past the 2 I mentioned (Josh Gordon and Anderson). Perriman.... I don't want to be tied to the Ravens never ending list of injuries, though if he's there for the UK game I might play him for shits and giggles.

RB- You've made me interested in Williams... and looking him up it sounds like he could potentially take over from Hyde next season when his contract runs out. He's definitely someone I'm considering adding now, I could even drop Yeldon for him so it doesn't use up one of my 2 free adds.

TE- Not bothered with adding future prospects given my group (Henry, Howard and Hooper). I think they'll see me through for a decade or so, barring disaster.

You're probably right that a DST and Kicker isn't worth it, I'll probably just rotate the 2 I have.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only issues with Joe Williams are:

1. The 49ers were rumoured to be cutting Hyde, then camp started & it's just been constant praise about how good he is, so there might not be as much immediate use there as it seemed a few weeks ago.
    2. There's also probably been more hype around Matt Breida than Joe Williams in camp, so it's not certain that, if they do move on from Hyde, Joe will be the one who gets the job, and if he does, he could well end up splitting carries with Breida.

On the plus side, Shanahan was so high on him he not only made SF put him back on their draft after they'd taken him off completely, but got them to trade up to make sure they could draft him, so there's definitely a vision for him being a long term player in some capacity.

I'd absolutely drop Yeldon for him & try to nab Hogan off waivers.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think Hogan is worth the number 3 waiver spot? Of course I'll add him first thing in the morning if he's still there but not sure he's worth being bottom of waivers when the season starts.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    What rounds? Or are you using another system?
    Just found out it's the first two.

Think I'll just stick with Julio then.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen that I have the third pick of the draft, test my luck with no keeper?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only had the one trade offer so far, which has surprised me. It was Mariota for Kelce. I said no obviously. However this is the guys team:

I already know he's not happy at TE(Bruce Miller?). His trade offer tells me also that he doesn't like Mariota all that much. He's also just lost Edelman potentially for the season and his back up RB is a high ceiling player but is not a guaranteed starter.

I'm trying to figure out a way to go after someone big. I'm looking at either Julio or Bell mainly. But I wouldn't mind somehow trying to fit McCaffery into a deal.

Obviously it's all speculative now, but I like being back in fantasy football mode.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "49ers coach"

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd be a moron to give up Bell or Julio considering the rest of his team his shit, but then he drafted Bruce Miller (possibly even worse than Pleb's Blake Bell pick last year - must be something about 49ers TEs) so he probably could be a moron...

And @Browning, I'd say third is a bit much to give up for him considering you already have a couple of other possible starters at the position, but it depends how active you think you & everyone else will be on waivers. If you reckon you won't need to pick anyone up for a few weeks it might be worth it to effectively drop from 3 to 8 or something by the time the season starts.

@Sir Andy Mahowry, What are the potential options like at the first 4/5 spots? If a couple of the usual top six guys are available you might as well not bother with Jones, since there's always a chance he could just come back to you anyway, but if Julio's the only one that's going to be available I'd just keep him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the following are being kept:

LeSean McCoy
    Mike Evans
    Jordan Howard
    Antonio Brown
    AJ Green
    Ezekiel Elliot
    Aaron Rodgers
    David Johnson
    Tom Brady
    Lamar Miller

Guy at 1 has Howard/Brown and the second has none right now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, given that Allen is my WR5 in a PPR... I'm not desperate for WRs. I'm almost certain Hogan isn't clearing waivers from talking to people. I'm hoping the guy who lost Edelman and is zero threat uses the number 1 waiver on him.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Looks like the following are being kept:

LeSean McCoy
    Mike Evans
    Jordan Howard
    Antonio Brown
    AJ Green
    Ezekiel Elliot
    Aaron Rodgers
    David Johnson
    Tom Brady
    Lamar Miller

Guy at 1 has Howard/Brown and the second has none right now.
    The guy at one has Howard & Brown AND the first pick?!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, he loses his pick in the first and second round.

I'm leaning towards keeping Julio for my 1st round pick (3rd overall) as I'm a little scared of what the second guy could do.

Although I'd be left with OBJ if he does take Julio.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. That's how i thought it worked.

So you're effectively picking at two then? In that case, with Bell, Julio & OBJ all presumably up for selection, you're basically in a position where the worst case scenario is that you just take Julio again, and the best outcome is that the guy in front doesn't take Lev Bell & you can snap him up,

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't keep Julio for the #3 pick in that situation surely. Wouldn't you rather have Bell or David Johnson.... or as you say, Beckham.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a suprising stat of Julio yesterday.

If you took out his monster game against the Panthers and replaced it with an average of the rest of his games from the season, his final points total was actually pretty much bang on the same as Doug Baldwin. He'd have finished as WR16.

It seems mental as he is a monster. I even had him last year and didn't believe it until I looked it up.

I'd take Bell or Johnson if possible. Even Beckham himself might actually be preferable due to the Giants having no run game.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my 2nd draft tonight for my "main" league, which may not be now due to Dynasty, but it's one of the ones I care for most. It's the one where I'm pick 5 and have Mariota as a keeper. Here's hoping it goes well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally signed up <3

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    You don't keep Julio for the #3 pick in that situation surely. Wouldn't you rather have Bell or David Johnson.... or as you say, Beckham.
    DJ's been kept, unsurprisingly, but yeah, it's basically certain that you'll have your choice of Julio or OBJ, but there's also a chance you can get Bell. It's basically a no-risk play as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I saw a suprising stat of Julio yesterday.

If you took out his monster game against the Panthers and replaced it with an average of the rest of his games from the season, his final points total was actually pretty much bang on the same as Doug Baldwin. He'd have finished as WR16.

It seems mental as he is a monster. I even had him last year and didn't believe it until I looked it up.

I'd take Bell or Johnson if possible. Even Beckham himself might actually be preferable due to the Giants having no run game.
    I can believe it with Julio, but I'm pretty sure he also missed a couple of games due to injury which, I suppose, is another reason to be wary of him. He's a beast when he's in though, and he could easily end up as the #1 WR if he plays 14+ games. Also, don't forget he gets to play the Saints twice, and although our defence looks better than it has been the last few seasons, it's still great news.

Having just talked Bell up, are we not concerned that he's not even going to show up to camp until after all four preseason games? I know he's only starting against Cleveland, but he's surely going to be short of game fitness, and more likely to injure himself, which is a problem as he's fairy injury prone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    finally signed up <3

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DJ is being kept sadly.

I prefer Julio to OBJ.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck it, he's not being kept.

Lev Bell, OBJ or Julio it will be.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draft complete:

QB- Luck, Big Ben, Mariota (Keeper)- I normally get 4 here but by the time I got round to thinking about it, there was no 4th worth owning, but that's a damn solid group of 3.
    RB- Gurley, Crowell, Montgomery, Ingram, Gore, Lacy
    WR- Beckham, Green, Allen, Diggs, Williams, Britt, Davis
    TE- Reed, Ebron
    K- Crosby, Gano
    DST- Kansas, New England
    IDP- Wagner, Neal, Watt

I'm happy with it, even if all my planning went out the window. Starting RBs could be better but I think I got some good cover options, including Lacy right at the end of the draft which was mental.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it seems like there's no way to set a draft order for the TTH league on Yahoo. So if people can't make the draft they've no control over who they get. Or is it just not accessible on mobile?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably just not accessible on a mobile, you can definitely do it on a PC.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's online only. I've done it on the website (it's 'pre-draft rankings', which is in the 'draft' tab). Looked for it on the mobile app too but couldn't see it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK problem....

I moved our draft from Saturday to Sunday to avoid a conflict with another league. Guess what.... they've now also moved to Sunday.

Anyone opposed to moving back to Saturday? Alternative would be to move it significantly earlier on the Sunday, or to a week day (maybe even tomorrow as it's bank holiday).

Everyone let me know as soon as possible, but I can't have 2 drafts at the same time. Worse case scenario I'll have to auto draft one but that would be annoying.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on times for me.

Sunday would be perfect or tomorrow but as late as possible.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Later in our day is probably easier to @bruhnaldo. I think he's east coast so 5 hours behind.

Moving it back to when it was still seems like the best idea.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunday I would be looking at about 9pm. That gives me 2 hours to get it done and connect to the other one.

Monday I would be fine with keeping it at 10:30.

Most week days are fine for me. In fact any day except where it is.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't do tomorrow, as I still have to work, but I should be okay to either do it earlier on the planned Sunday (although I might be working til 5.30ish) or the Saturday it originally was (after 7).

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saturday evening is best.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably won't be able to do it on Saturday as I'll be driving back home.

Depends on the time really.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time can you do on Saturday? Moving it to Saturday and keeping it at 10:30 seems the best approach at the moment.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hogan and J-Stew were both waivered this morning (not by the people ahead of me so I remain at 3) and Amendola and Palmer were snapped up off free agency. This left me to add Josh Gordon, Robby Anderson and Joe Williams while only dropping Yeldon. Not unhappy with that.

Ted Ginn and Smallwood were the men who were dropped, so nothing interesting there.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh Gordon is a bold add.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is talk he could be back in a month as he's been in rehab for the past 2 months. If he's not I'll just drop him again. It's fairly low risk with so much bench space I think.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time can you do on Saturday? Moving it to Saturday and keeping it at 10:30 seems the best approach at the moment.
    Should be grand as plans have changed and we'll be traveling back on Sunday.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff. Hopefully I can whip up something through the week, but there's no reason why I won't be able to be online for it.

Has the draft order been decided? And are we keeping anyone from last year?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, and no. Draft is standard, no keeper league & the order gets generated just before the draft, if I remember correctly.

Incidentally, what sites do you guys use for keeper/dynasty leagues?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yahoo for everything.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard that MFL is by far the best for dynasty leagues but it's paid.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is our draft?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This coming Saturday at 10:30 pm BST

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's finally time to join a few random leagues & get to the proper drafts

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy whose team I posted before has returned with another trade.

Big Ben and Bruce Miller(lol) for Kelce and Stafford. He clearly wants Kelce and wouldn't mind picking up a QB along the way.

Tempted to dangle the Luck carrot as he's going into the season injured and has just lost his starting center. That line already couldn't protect him too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record I'm happy for this to be a keeper league with 1-2 keepers next year, but that would require a good amount of people returning next year.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's deffo do keepers Lord knows I wish I could've kept Julio

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I did a keeper league my keeper was Reggie Bush.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love a 1-2 keeper.

Can't have keepers this year though as we've moved site.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine who I would keep in my team

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I would love a 1-2 keeper.

Can't have keepers this year though as we've moved site.
    i think u can manually put them in

or we could all just have a gentleman's agreement to select our keepers in Rd1 (or 2) and then go from there