User Tag List

Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, 4 wouldn't be too bad, but I still don't think I could justify taking him with the 12th pick of the draft. Not when I can get Cousins in round 6 of a 2 QB league. It's a real shame as I love Zeke. We'll see where the appeal goes I guess.

Mert, I will send you an invite. That will take us to our 10 teams.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Zeke.

I vote keeper so I can keep him from last season plz
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    This is why you dont draft early
    Will there be any decent players left?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of Chiefs still available. I reckon you could sneak Tannehill in the later rounds too.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at Cutler

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lev Bell plummeted last year when he missed three games & turned out to be a don, so Zeke should be fine.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 games is significantly more though. It's half the season.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    6 games is significantly more though. It's half the season.
    It's only set at 6 so it'll be 3 or 4 on appeal.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if it ends up being 6, you could make the case that half a season of Zeke getting 20+ carries a game is still worth more than half of the RBs going in the third round will get you over a full season. He'll definitely fall past 2016 Bell, but he could potentially end up in almost the exact same position once this is all sorted out so it's not likely that he'll end up down in the sixth round or something stupid.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm drafting my work league on the 19th. They're using the irritating as fuck system in which, No.1 from that round, moves to the back of the next round. Nothing else changes. I've been informed also that, despite 3 new members joining this year, they'll be added to the front of the draft order and everyone else will reverse last seasons positions. So I'm in an 11 team league, drafting from 11th, with no snake draft order. So 11th then 21st pick etc. Not going to lie it's enough to think about dropping out as if the people before me have any kind of clue what they're doing, I'm lucky to make our play-offs.
    I do however want to stay to defend my crown and feel like it's going to be a pretty big challenge.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My old fantasy type league used to do the order that way too. Pain in the hole.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Non-snake drafts should be banned.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I'm drafting my work league on the 19th. They're using the irritating as fuck system in which, No.1 from that round, moves to the back of the next round. Nothing else changes. I've been informed also that, despite 3 new members joining this year, they'll be added to the front of the draft order and everyone else will reverse last seasons positions. So I'm in an 11 team league, drafting from 11th, with no snake draft order. So 11th then 21st pick etc. Not going to lie it's enough to think about dropping out as if the people before me have any kind of clue what they're doing, I'm lucky to make our play-offs.
    I do however want to stay to defend my crown and feel like it's going to be a pretty big challenge.
    That's such a ridiculous system - way too harsh on the current champion. If you want to be gimmicky just do third round reversal, or go all out & do an auction draft.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before, but I wouldn't play in a league like that. The system makes zero logical sense.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've repeatedly said it's done that way to be fairest and to make it tougher for the champ. To be fair me and the guy who were in the final last year were miles clear of everyone else, but even so this system seems way too harsh. I tried to bring it up last year, but that was with the previous commissioner and he said he'd rather have disbanded the league than change it. It being the night before the 1st game then, I decided to soldier on for the greater good. I might present them with the actual physical workings out of it being the least fair system to see if it changes their mind.

What this does however is bring Zeke into play for me. I probably wont know if his appeal is sussessful, or even partly, by the time I'm drafting, so he's suddenly the most interesting player on the board. Now if I consider the above draft order will stand, things aren't looking too healthy. However it does open me up to taking more risks. Playing for Zeke, gambling on him reducing the suspension, could be a good move in R2 or R3.

I've just done a mock draft against real people(10 team, from #3) and he went 6th pick in the 2nd round. So he's dropping hard. I'm not quite sure at what point to pick him, but my head says he still wont last the first 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon he'll still end up around the Gurley/Miller/Fournette/Crowell range, unless we get confirmation that he's definitely out six games, then he'll probably fall another round or so.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Making it tougher on the champ" is not within the spirit of competition though. The champ should have an equal shot at retaining it.

There's a reason that draft system is not an option on any of the league hosts.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said I'll be giving them the physical proof. I'd even prefer a bog standard 1-11 repeating over that nonsense.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, Zeke is not falling at all

Been looking at some public mock drafts & the furthest I've seen him fall is 15th overall. He almost always goes right at the 1st/2nd turn. That's madness, but I guess that's the only way people picking late are going to get him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picking him up in the 2nd is tough on you though. You either pick stud WR1 in R1, and so are forced into a RB in R3. By then you're looking at Crowell(maybe), Miller, Lynch or McCaffery.

Alternatively you go with Gordon, McCoy or Freeman, in R1 but you're looking at Baldwin, Hopkins or Cooper being your WR1. At the minute I'm not sure if that's worth it or not.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there are too many good players there in R2, but the third round is where the options start to get iffy, so he's as good as anyone at that range.

It's just a question of how willing you are to hinder your team for seven weeks in order to get a guy who could be the RB1 from the time he's available.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I think there are too many good players there in R2, but the third round is where the options start to get iffy, so he's as good as anyone at that range.

It's just a question of how willing you are to hinder your team for seven weeks in order to get a guy who could be the RB1 from the time he's available.
    I think it depends on your play-off rules. Let's assume the worst in that you pick Zeke in R2 and he fails in his appeal. If your league has 6 play-off spots from 10 teams, then you will probably be okay. Him coming back should see you through. If not the rest of your team has let you down, or you've had bad luck on injuries. 4 play-off spots and the risk is probably too great.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also introduced to us today by our new commissioner are our new roster settings for the season. We have had our rosters reduced to 14, but he has removed the flex position in favour of a mandatory 2nd TE. He has also included a head coach selection, but that seems to only grant a maximum of 10 extra points so it may not matter too much. It leaves the roster selection like so:

I've never had a limit on a position before, but that's come about through people hording 4 QBs last year(1 QB league) and openly admitting it was just to stop others more needy from picking them up.

In my mind now, the importance of the WR has lessened. People can only hold 3 and outside the Brown, Julio, Beckham, Evans and Green group, the rest are a decent sized step down(Nelson is less of a guarantee due to his age, but has the potential to be there). I'd never go into a draft with a set strategy. However, 3 things seem more obvious.

1) It looks like bye weeks are going to need some careful planning around. 2 players in one position in one week spells disaster.

2) I'm almost certainly going to have to take a RB in R1. There's not nearly as much depth beyond that initial R1 grouping. However as noted last year there were some criminal selections at the top of the board so I could get lucky here.

3) I'm going to have to have taken a TE by R4. With one needed I could wait, but given you essentially need 3 here this could be the key position for the league. There's not a lot of top guys at all. Being able to have someone like Olsen here as your TE1 instead of Ebron having to be your TE1 is big.

Overall, I'm not a fan of the head coach, but I want to give the rest a try. I have little hope of winning given the current draft method, so screw it. Taking Zeke in the league just got harder for everyone who wants a RB with a bye before week 7.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty tight on WRs. Should be allowed at least one more, but as it is there's hardly any point taking them early as there will be loads of good players that go undrafted. Could make the same case for RBs too, I suppose.

Gronk will go in the first round for sure, and it definitely looks like a great idea to get one of the top six guys as there's almost no depth at the position when you have to have two each. RB/WR/TE seems like a pretty solid opening three rounds.

Two TEs & a Head Coach is pretty mad, and how many people are going to hold two DSTs & Kickers on their roster?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be surprised.

I'm in what was a 16 team dynasty (now 12) and so many dickheads kept 2 or 3 of each. I think there was only like 4 defences free (which fucked me as I liked to keep 1 and rotate each week) and about 2 starting kickers.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where to begin with that.

Abandon ship.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of said dynasty league, here are my keepers thus far:

Those not listed are:

Eddie Royal
    Brandon Myers
    Dennis Pitta
    Ladarius Green
    Don Jackson
    Kai Forbath
    Ronnie Hillman
    Cameron Brate
    Cameron Meredith
    Seahawks D
    Titans D

First 5 have no club but none are worth a 4th or higher pick (25th keeper takes your 25th round etc) and I should probably cut some from my keeper list.

Osweiler (possible trade bait?), Enunwa (we have IR spots so I might cut him and try to bring him back after the draft) and Sammie Coates are probably those who are shaky.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the Seahawks defense not worth keeping? Maybe not for a 4th but I would imagine they're valuable in a dynasty.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Is the Seahawks defense not worth keeping? Maybe not for a 4th but I would imagine they're valuable in a dynasty.
    I probably should hang on to them.

I was late to the second year draft and fucking auto pick took the Seahawks number 1. Le'Veon Bell went number 2...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Osweiler, Enunwa and Coates go out for the Seahawks.

Gives me 6 picks in the draft.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a 1 QB league or 2, Mahow?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 1 (with 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T Flex) so it's overkill with Carr, Mariota, Wentz and Goff as it is.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone with the Yahoo app tell me how to change my draft order?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    It's a 1 (with 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T Flex) so it's overkill with Carr, Mariota, Wentz and Goff as it is.
    Any way you could get Martavis Bryant in? I feel he's got a good season coming, provided he keeps it clean.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not on his list, so someone else probably had him. If not Mahow would have to draft him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.

I don't know what players will be available (other than all the rookies) until the draft starts.

I'll have the 9th pick I believe

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Martavis actually able to do anything besides practice yet? He was still suspended last I heard.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Is Martavis actually able to do anything besides practice yet? He was still suspended last I heard.
    He's been conditionally reinstated which means he can practice.

Hasn't officially been cleared for games yet but it looks likely.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As expected, the previous commissioner, unhappy at being ousted, has quit(he was #1 pick anyway) so I move up one to 10th. Assuming no one goes full retard with a R1 QB I'm looking at a choice.

Freeman, Murray, Howard and Ajayi go in and around there as a RB. While AJ Green, Mike Evans and Jordy Nelson are in the conversation at WR. I quite like those options.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WRs are better players, but there's more chance of a quality alternative being there in R2 than there is a good RB (unless you're lucky & get Zeke). I think I'd find it hard to pass up on Green or Evans, in particular, but I really don't fancy having to take someone like Fournette or Crowell in the second round to be my starter.

That system really is fucking stupid

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take one of each as you have two picks...

Oh wait....

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fully expecting someone to go full retard early. Rawls was picked in our first round last year after all.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of my previous comment I've been doing some digging to see if I can sound out peoples R1 picks.

There are 2 Giants fans picking in the top 3 and both have commented how much they want Beckham. Guy picking at number 4 is also leaning towards picking Fournette. I might drop it into conversation about getting him myself, see if I can force his hand. The guy picking at 6 has a love for Freeman. He's picked him the past 2 seasons, so I'd be surprised if that's not his pick again.

If Zeke is still there in the 3rd, I'd be hard pressed to pass him up, assuming of course I get 2 good guys in R1/2. Which if the above turns out to be true, I could well do.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hearing great things about the Chiefs this year...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the guy at 4 takes Fournette

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to him today. Asked him for some hints, said he very much likes one of the not-so-popular guys for his first round pick. I dropped some hints of my own. I genuinely think he's at the least considering it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should take Alex Smith

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did our draft live today. This was the first round;

1. Johnson
    2. Beckham jr