Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 4533

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Run wild, Demarco. Run wild.
    His best performance of the season is 18pts, which is what he needs tonight, but that was against Seattle with the massive TD run. Otherwise he’s not hit 60 yards yet. He’s also barely found the end zone, so inevitably this will be 85 yards, 2 TDs.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 rushes, 5 yards, 3 TDs.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100 total yards & a TD is fine by me. Sounds like Mariota will play too, which will no doubt help him out.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice of Mariota to start to ensure that I'll be 0-6 for the correct QB.

Let's do the (im)perfect season \0/.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At what point do I have a massive MELTDOWN over Cam Newton?

I'm still tempted to cut him

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run wild, Demarco. Run wild.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still going to roll with Jacoby instead of Mariota. It seems the safer play in more ways than one.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I'm still going to roll with Jacoby instead of Mariota. It seems the safer play in more ways than one.
    I would as well which means go for Mariota.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said, I fancy him to have a good game, so make that three for Mariota.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opponent needs Moncrief to outscore my opponent by 16 points. I don't think he can do that to Jacoby realistically, bar a Jacoby injury.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm even starting Brisett in one league.

Sound the alarm bells.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Across my five leagues I went with the following this week:

Newton x2 (good), Rodgers (dead), Winston (broken) and Brisett.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Derrick

Would’ve been even better if I’d played him, but the win is all that matters.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jacoby did his job and we move to 4-2 and back to top of my main league.

Also up to 2nd in Dynasty with almost everyone on 3-3 but me being the top scorer. One team is 4-2 and one is 2-4. Very close and competitive league. We face the league leaders next.

I was probably a bit too hasty in cutting Brown/Kearse in my main league as I have no guarantee that Shepherd/Diggs suit up. I've added Robert Woods to cover for them, who is being targeted a lot more than the other 2 and plays in the UK. May replace him with Brown if Brown clears waivers, we'll see. Either way I'd much prefer Diggs to play.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Mularkey is a dick.

He should haver given Murray more carries.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sitting one of my 5 Dynasty RBs (Bell, Gurley, Howard, Ingram, McKinnon) every week is going to be a fucking nightmare. At least I'm well placed to get through bye weeks. Abdullah doesn't have a prayer of getting near the team as it stands,and I also have Darren McFadden just in case he becomes the man for 6 weeks. I may have to look at shopping Abdulah/McFadden for a WR as I'm currently in line to start Cooper and Funchess this week....

Leaning towards sitting Howard, as mental as that sounds. The others are just way too good in a PPR, and his match up isn't great.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's PPR then yeah, you're going to have to bench Ingram or Howard.

Edit: I didn't realise that Ingram gets as many catches as he does.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the recap of my main league win and it turns out that is my highest score of the season so far. Not bad considering Mariota was "injured" (more accurately, unplayable due to the doubt and late kick off), Ben was not trust worthy and Luck is still injured so I was down my top 3 QBs..... I picked up 3 out of 4 of my WRs off free agency this week and I had to start Buck Allen as my 3rd RB, plus my TE, Reed, under performed. All of them are heroes but I feel no regret dropping Brown, Kearse and Brissett already

Edit- You know how I said my best team were 2-3? Just checked the league now I've moved back to 3-3 (4th place out of 8) and it's fucking ridiculous. I've scored 1345 points, the top team has 1265 and the second highest scorers behind me (1266, so only one point more than the top team) are currently in 6th place with a 2-4 record. Meanwhile I've had 1301 points against me, more than anyone else in the league. One of the teams below me has had a similar amount scored, but the teams above me have in order faced 1126, 1258 and 1165 points. Schedules really can be a cunt.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll trade you a RB from your dynasty league for a WR from mine @Browning

Howard & McKinnon seem the most sittable, depending on matchup.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. I'll probably sit Howard this week as the Panthers seem strong against the run. It's a nice problem to have, but it would be nice if I wasn't having to contemplate starting Amari Cooper. Hopefully Shepherd returns this week and can play for me in both leagues.

Abdullah, Ellington (assuming he still has a role with the Cards) and McFadden are never going to get a look in. I also should have had Peterson but couldn't find anyone to drop and the waiver claim passed me by because I already added McKinnon into my empty roster spot. Meanwhile the best WR I could find to pick up was Kendall Wright...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know what your problem is with Cooper, he’s just scored about as much in one week as his last three combined.

Guaranteed double digits against the Chiefs. Maybe.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair I scored almost as much as his last 3 weeks combined.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just skimmed through the 2015 Fantasy thread for a laugh. So many players getting mentioned that are completely irrelevant only a year and a half on. What a season I had in my main league, going 1-5 before winning the title thanks to Ryan Fitzpatrick coming in.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A better reason to start Cooper this week is that I'm seriously debating actually benching him this week, as I have more appealing options for once. Him being in the Thursday night game makes it a harder decision to stick with him as both Snead & Garcon have a chance at good points on Sunday, and I still fancy Davante Adams to do okay against us on Sunday, although I may end up going Brown, Snead & Garcon depending on team news in the Saints/Packers game.

Gonna have to start Carr either way, though, in which case it'll be an 80yd TD to Cooper & 4INTs.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opponent is starting Carr, so nailed on 5 TDs to Crabtree.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to remember to not start an unavailable Stefon Diggs over him this week in that case

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just bought in Tyrod Taylor in my main league as I still don't trust Ben and anyone can throw against the Bucs. That will mean 5 different QBs have started for me in the last 3 weeks with only Brissett getting 2 games as I'll probably roll with Tyrod and Mariota.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    So I forgot that one of my yahoo random leagues has a bullshit "can't cut" rule and now I can't cut Elliot for some reason
    Aren't you glad now?

He's been given a temporary restraining order so can start this week.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it bad that I want to pick up the Saints DST? Already nabbed them in dynasty as I had a spare roster spot, but I have the Jags (same as everywhere apart from TTH), so I’m not going to need to use them very often.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The saints have a DST?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joint 5th highest scoring DST so far this season

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    32 points last week. Mental.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Green Bay this week, missing Rodgers, as well as possibly both tackles & half their secondary. Potential is there for us to put up points & allow the defence to get after Hundley.

It being the Saints, though, the potential is also there for them to score 40 on us if they just dink & dunk through our linebackers.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's at that point of wondering if Luck actually plays this year. I'm now leaning towards not, which is a shame.

Also Zekes back! Great for me in a very favourable matchup this weekend. I've instantly had 2 offers for him. One is a throw away, the other is AJ Green and Blount. This wasn't too tempting a few weeks back, but considering we're at week 7 now and the NFL are really pushing this ban to come ASAP, I may be better making a deal with someone. Any ban that hits week 8 onwards is going to leave me looking at waivers to replace him as he wont be useful until the play-offs.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TTH 2017 Mid-Season Review

1st) Equable Rogues (5-1)

Looks like the third round pick of Kareem Hunt has elevated Equable Rogues to first place in the league and rightly so. Defeat to Believe In Plobs aside, we can probably be confident at this point that Equable Rogues are gunning for a playoff spot and defending their championship crown. Let’s hope the fantasy gods are kind to them this season.

2nd) BiLOL Powell (4-2)

Keeping Magic Mike XXL Evans away from the luxurious bye spot in second place is BiLOL Powell and the projected Yahoo idiots probably didn’t see this one coming as they went on a four game winning streak before ultimately succumbing to defeats by Equable Rogues and…shock horror…Believe In Plobs. Hopefully the fantasy gods will be a lot kinder to BiLOL Powell who faces Magic Mike XXL Evans in week 7 in what will ultimately become a shit fist fight for second spot.

3rd) Magic Mike XXL Evans (4-2)

Magic Mike XXL Evans must have had a massive orgasm when Believe In Plobs rightfully made a trade request for Justin Tucker to move away from his squad for Wil Lutz. It’s not kickers that wins you points it’s having a decent QB and WR that wins you points. More to the point will you start Mariota over Winston this week? Oh wait you picked up Dak Prescott instead? Oh boy. Prepare yourself for floating around the top six and a safe wildcard spot for the championship playoffs then (probably jinxed it by saying that).

4th) Golden Grahams (4-2)

How the fuck is this team fourth in the league? Your byes this week are atrocious, Andrew Luck being out for a bit doesn’t help either. Who have you got for week 7? Oh it’s God Hates Jag…ah carry on. Solid squad, must do better. Championship playoff spot secured. Please fantasy football gods don’t fuck this team up. I just realised the top deadly two have already faced you and given you respectable defeats. Fair enough, carry on.

5th) Agholorious Basterds (3-3)

Eh. The suspension swings and roundabouts of Ezekiel Elliot doesn’t help either. Your win loss ratio is all over the shot but you have already faced one of the top deadly two in BiLOL Powell so we won’t complain that much. Your loss to Baz’s Bumbandits didn’t help either. Again, solid squad must do better. Pray to god LeVeon Bell wakes up properly this season otherwise you’ll be heavily relying on Ezekiel Elliot for much needed points to stay up in the top six.

6th) Welby Wolves (3-3)

The yahoo projected idiots had this team higher up the standings than what you have performed already this season which is lolworthy if I’m brutally honest. Aaron Rodgers being dead and not performing properly hasn’t helped you either. Let’s hope the fantasy gods are being generous to you for the remainder of the season otherwise you’ll be stuck floating around 3rd to 6th for quite some time.

7th) Believe In Plobs (3-3)

From losing two matchups in a row, having fucked up by getting rid of Russel Wilson for Alex Smith for completely not understanding how the waiver system works (only to be reinstated soon afterwards) to winning two key matches against the top deadly two in Equable Rogues and BiLOL Powell only for Magic Mike XXL Evans to give them an unexpected L on their win loss ratio. In Believe In Plobs’s head they really should be 4-2 and higher up the standings but in reality the team is actually 3-3 and flirting with an unexpected championship wildcard spot. Will this momentum carry on? It’s fantasy football, anything can happen. Dark horse status confirmed.

8th) God Hates Jags (2-4)

As the name suggests, clearly the fantasy gods hates this fucking fantasy football team. Grind your teeth and hope to the fantasy gods that you don’t end up in the “El Plebbo” Playoffs when week 14 rolls around.

9th) Baz’s Bumbandits (1-5)

Your only win was against Agholorious Basterds? I guess there’s some light at the end of the tunnel. New season goal…finish higher.

10th) Cry me a Rivers (1-5)

The whole entire TTH league would like to take this opportunity to personally apologise for giving you such a horrific squad for your quest to get out of the basement. On the plus side you beat Baz’s Bumbandits so I guess there’s something to take out of that. Clearly in massive rebuild mode.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the 6 peasants at sub .500 ('MURICA, FUCK YEAH!).

I'm planning on mounting all of you within 3 weeks.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel a bit more relaxed about this week knowing that you & Fay are playing each other, so one of you has to lose. Also happens to be a nice time for me to run into Ian, but I'm sure it will end up being a close one once he adjusts his lineup.

Also Pleb

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow vs Fay is going to be carnage.

My matchup with Baz will be full of lolz.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for his WRs to put up 10 points combined whilst Fournette runs his way to 50.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 'how has to be favourite in that one by a decent amount - Fay's team seems to have slipped off in the last few weeks, whereas that disgusting WR group should be enough to keep Mahow in pretty much any tie, even if he is playing a team that's otherwise almost exclusively comprised of Ravens.

I'd probably make Baz the slight underdog in that tie, but he has Brady & Gronk so he's always got a chance, as I've just seen. Not great matchups a lot of his big players though, which could be enough to make the difference. Allen & Thielen both up against strong defences, and I'm still not buying into McKinnon either, especially against the Ravens who could have Mahow's boy Brandon Williams back. DeMarco Murray, however, has a good matchup, but isn't fully fit, so could end up splitting with Henry again & losing a lot of opportunity.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full participant on Wednesday

McKinnon is going to get absolutely dicked on.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for his WRs to put up 10 points combined whilst Fournette runs his way to 50.
    Inevitable 70yd Taylor Gabriel TD & two 30yd+ Hogan TDs now.

EDIT: Didn't the amount of rushing yards per game Baltimore gave up basically double while he was out?

Think this might be the week you get QB right too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He played in the first two games and we gave up 77 against the Bengals and 93 against the Browns for an 85 average. Then we did the following:

166 against the Jags
    173 against the Steelers
    108 against the Raiders
    231 (franchise worst) against the Bears.

169.5 average so pretty much exactly double.

Brandon Williams IS our run defence.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness, Bell, Fournette & Howard/Cohen are much better than Lynch/Richard/Washington, Mixon/Hill/Bernard & Crowell/Johnson, which might also have something to do with the massive gap between the two camps.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are but we gave up less than 85 yards per game last year IIRC.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best I can get for Elliott are the following. CJ Anderson(or Blount) and AJ Green for Zeke. Or McCaffery and Julio for Zeke.

Head says take one of those offers as I believe Sunday will be the last time he plays in a while. I think we've long gone by the chance of reduction to 3 or 4 games.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I’ve heard it sounds pretty likely that they’ll grant him an injunction for the rest of the season, but Anderson & Green sounds nice if you do want to get rid.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd lean towards McCaffrey and Julio.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's tough.

Who would trade and who would suffer through it? I can possibly turn CmC into Carlos Hyde too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Fournette at practice yesterday or today?

I like the sound of that.