Results 951 to 1,000 of 4533

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Lots of waiver wire action this week!
    I'm abstaining from waiver wire action until I'm first, so sick of not getting anybody who might be of meaningful help.

David Johnson really fucked my team, I'm actually 1st place in my other league demonstrating my basic competence at this shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abstaining? You picked up 2 in this weeks waivers this morning.

Only 1 team took more than you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

I mean going forward.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cam Newton questionable again

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questionable means nothing, especially since they removed probable.

90% of the Patriots are constantly 'questionable'.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne Gallman or Alex Collins or Eddie Lacy to start in my other PPR league? CJ Anderson and Kelley on a bye.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Brandon Williams is out again then I'd go for Lacy (we can't stop the run without Williams), only knock is that Rawls might start.

Collins has high upside but could also put up fuck all.

Gallman would be my option if Brandon Williams doesn't start as the Chargers have been shit.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If word comes out that Lacy is starting then him, but otherwise I'd probably just pick one at random & hope the rest of my team covered them. They're all completely TD dependent & just as likely to end up with 2pts as they are 8+.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questionable means nothing, especially since they removed probable.

90% of the Patriots are constantly 'questionable'.
    I understand that. He's an on and off player see week 4 Patroits and his monstrous 30+ points game he just had. Wilson has a bye soon and I feel dirty trusting Cam.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one team named after my Younghoe with this as the picture:

I'm dedicating my season to him.

RIP in pieces.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They haven't, have they?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re-signed Nick Novak

He was starting to get into the swing of things too.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not Koo(l).

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He missed 1 kick. You can hardly blame the blocked one on him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% on PATs too which is no mean feat in the NFL these days.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a huge temptation to pick up Dalton over Rivers as Drew Brees is clearly on a bye week in one of my yahoo leagues

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As opposed to all those people who are debatably on a bye week?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 3-1 record with a QB pool which is almost similar to ours.

Someone dumped Mariota to the waivers for Jared Goff which isn't a shock and I'm currently stuck with Rivers (who I'm starting currently) against Giants or picking up Dalton against the Bills. Saying that at the time of writing this I might consider throwing in Blissett who faces the Niners whose defense is currently ranked 22nd according to Yahoo.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay Cutler

As hard as it is to start him after the last two weeks he’s got the perfect matchup to score some big points this week. I hate the idea of playing him, so much so that I’m riding the Eli rollercoaster instead this week, but I fancy him for around 20pts. Dalton is playing the Bills, who have killed everyone so far this season, so I’ll be sitting him this week.

Also, start Carson Wentz this week if you have him - I benched him for Jameis in dynasty this week so he’s nailed on for 300 yards & 3 TDs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the Pats D tightens up when I play them.

Probably did so to ensure Dak goes off on one to keep up my streak of selecting the wrong QB.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It went pretty well for me in our league as I kept Brate, whereas Fay’s lot only really got points from Chris Hogan & Doug Martin. Allen & ‘quizz bombing helped me out a bit, although I’m still torn on what to do with Amari Cooper again this week. I know he’s going to be shit, but I knew that last week too & still played him. I just can’t bring myself to bench him for fear he has one big catch. No doubt Robby Anderson will go wild if I leave him on the bench though. Fucking WRs

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t start Cutler if he was facing a defense composed of the players in our fantasy league.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably more than likely sticking with Rivers in that particular random Yahoo! league.

Mahow giving me a decent deficit heading into this week's matchup. Here's hoping Baltimore shits the bed again

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I wouldn’t start Cutler if he was facing a defense composed of the players in our fantasy league.

I don’t think anybody could start him with any hint of confidence after the last two weeks, but the Titans defence is bad enough that we could all probably play offence & score on them. Besides, if Matt Cassell is starting they’re going to have nothing on offence & the Dolphins are probably going to see short fields a few times.

Maybe I’m just hoping because I have Parker though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    I'm probably more than likely sticking with Rivers in that particular random Yahoo! league.

Mahow giving me a decent deficit heading into this week's matchup. Here's hoping Baltimore shits the bed again
    I have hope, for one last week.

We have (defensive) quality there, we're facing EJ fucking Manuel and it's largely make or break for this season.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the rule set in my work league and given I've had no injuries as yet, my tactic on waiver wire day has been to wait. Let other people make silly mistakes and move my way up the queue, then pick them up on the secondary waiver claims later in the week. It helped me get Wilson after someone panic dropped him.

As such, Kirk Cousins, Demaryius Thomas and Carlos Hyde have hit the wire. I'm tempted by the former of those and can pretty much have him for when he goes through tomorrow. I see him and Stafford as being very similar, so I might ship Stafford about a little, see if I can work a trade somewhere.

As for my matchup this week, I was hoping for more from Mike Evans last night and I'm now behind.

A plus is that my opponent is 4 down already, including a 0 from his TE. Any points gained from Ertz are essentially clawing the gap back for free.
    There are 2 games that will decide this matchup and that's Chargers @ Giants and Packers @ Cowboys.

I fully expect the Giants and Beckham to go mental and Rodgers is Rodgers.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not super thrilled about using my waiver on Derek Carr, but it sounds like he could be back next week, and his schedule meshes pretty well with Dalton's, so I didn't want to gamble on him clearing waivers. Hopefully Eli manages to not shit the bed this week then I can chuck him back in the trash where he belongs.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just looked at Fay's team

Pretty much all of his team has a great matchup - Parker, Beckham, Fournette & Powell could easily all score 15pts this week - whereas most of mine have bad matchups. Got it as a 125-100 loss in my head, so hopefully my guys vastly exceed expectations and his suck.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ty Montgomery is all but out for the Packers today. I'm not sure my opponent in the work league knows this, but I'm not saying anything. It'd be very helpful to have 2 of his players score zeros.

If he doesn't make a change, then it will be all about how many points Beckham and Manning want to pile up. Because it'll be a lot. I'm expecting 40-50 between them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really looking forward to this tonight as I'm starting so many players I don't trust at all across my main leagues.

In my actual main league I'm starting Buck Allen out of desperation as Ty Montgomery is likely out, Crowell is not startable even against the Jets and Ingram is on bye. Frank Gore is out there on Free Agency but I don't really want to drop anyone for him. I'm still slight favorite to win but that will evaporate when Mariota is ruled out and I'm forced to start Brissett instead..... Ugh.

Meanwhile in Dynasty Carson "Dead to me" Palmer retains his starting position from last week due to lack of other alternatives. In the rest of my team there are a few punts too such as Sterling Shepherd and Devin Funchess starting over Cooper... so we will see how that goes. I still like my chances there, which means I'll probably lose.

I'm also starting Cutler in another league.... thank God I don't care about it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week seems to be the worst for me in terms of the bye in TTH (and another 1 or 2) which is a bit shit.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to play Cooper, he's going to be shit & I'm going to lose. I've already accepted my fate this week. If only Snead wasn't on a bye this week I would've been able to get away from Amari, but my only other options are Kupp & Henry, and they could potentially both be just as bad.

Having said that, I'm going to have to play at least one of them in dynasty Titans are likely to run the ball a lot, but just as likely to be running against stacked boxes every time & Murray is probably going to see most of the work as he can catch, whereas Kupp is against the Seahawks, who could easily just shut down the whole Rams offence.

The three of them combined might not even hit ten points this week. I haven't even really checked my other leagues.

EDIT: Spotted Alex Collins on waivers in my dynasty league, so I've picked him up & he'll start over Henry & Kupp. Someone's also dropped Danny Woodhead, so he'll go on the list of late season adds alongside Edelman & Ware. Amazingly, Blake Bortles is unowned too, so I should probably pick him up, if only for some potential trade value.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting Collins and Allen in some combination in all my leagues IIRC. Which scares the crap out of me.

Both can get a solid 8-12 or so but they could just as easily get 1-5 a piece. The staff seem to be uneasy on Buck for no real reason as he's better than West and Collins has butter hands.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bortles is out there in my dynasty league too but I’m not sure what is amazing about that.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just find it surprising that he's not one of the top 25-30 QBs taken given he's usually been a decent fantasy QB, even if he's a shocking real-life one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watching FFL on Yahoo and has any idea who they were just talking about where they said he was likely out or the season in the Doctor segment thing? I just turned on and they didn't mention again who it was about.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Probably Chris Carson or someone. There's not been any other major injuries I can think of besides Cook that would be potential season enders.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fu Wendell.

Have to play Jesse James or D'onta Freeman :\

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, pretty much expected that as soon as I benched Dalton Eli to throw three picks today then.

Brown & Garcon have started nicely for me, with 100 yards combined already. Hopefully they can continue that pace all afternoon.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Jay Cutler

As hard as it is to start him after the last two weeks he’s got the perfect matchup to score some big points this week. I hate the idea of playing him, so much so that I’m riding the Eli rollercoaster instead this week, but I fancy him for around 20pts. Dalton is playing the Bills, who have killed everyone so far this season, so I’ll be sitting him this week.

Also, start Carson Wentz this week if you have him - I benched him for Jameis in dynasty this week so he’s nailed on for 300 yards & 3 TDs.
    Told you so. He's already got 3TDs & more points than Jameis.

Also got Orleans Darkwa on the bench, and DeVante Parker has gone off hurt. That one does help me in TTH, at least.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funchess having his 2 good games in a season whilst Pleb has him

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plebs been hustling us this whole time.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that team I have that has David Johnson, Greg Olsen, Dalvin Cook etc?

Guess which TE I picked up to replace Olsen? Yep, that's right, Charles Clay I swear that league is cursed - I also picked up Sterling Shepard recently.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't trade for Freeman please.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling slightly less annoyed by leaving Dalton on the bench now AJ Green has tipped two passes to the Bills. Still would be nice for Eli to actually do something, although him being shit means Beckham is also being shit for Fay, so I guess I can tolerate it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kelvin |0|.

What a shit TD sign that is.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own the Jags DST in every league apart from ours, where I own the Steelers. Lots of turnovers in that game suits me nicely.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agholor

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Chargers and Giants can both fuck off, I hope they both lose.

Throughout just my 2 main leagues I have shares in Allen (2 catches... was 0 for ages), Shepherd (dead it seems), OBJ (More like MIA), Engram (who?) and Tyrell Williams. Fairly sure I would have more fantasy points than the lot of them combined if I was out there.