User Tag List

Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damm Congrats @Pleb. Some disgusting performances in there.

Cutler whiffing against the Jets, Doyle scoring negative points against the Browns & Anderson scoring a handful against the Bills - arguably the three worst teams in the league - along with Boswell having a FG blocked, Carr underthrowing Cooper on a deep pass & Melvin Gordon missing half the game, and still losing by less than 2pts (fuck you Jack Doyle you fumbling fuck) despite Pleb having the two highest scoring players in the tie, including an obscene 40+pt effort from Wilson, is actually pretty encouraging.

If that's the kind of insane swing it's going to take to beat me this year I'm in good shape.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Carr TD had to go to Cook? Ugh.

I still would have lost but at least it would have gone another day.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone want Matt Ryan for a RB or WR?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main League- Ended up being a routine win in the end over the team in 2nd when Carr didn't get close to what was needed. Gurley finished as easily the top scorer in the match up and ODB, also on my team, finished 2nd, narrowly ahead of Cooks who was his top scorer. I also had Mariota and Green ahead of his 2nd top scorer, Le'Veon Bell. An easy win even if the Ravens DST, Jack Doyle and Tyrell Williams did their best to keep him in it (thankfully he also started the likes of Hunter Henry, Maclin, Miller, Carr and Decker all of which failed to hit double digits). His team was 2nd coming in so I'll improve my grip at the top by moving to 3-0, though it looks like one other team will be joining me at 3-0. Final score was 224.70 Vs 194.60

Dynasty League- A win!!! A fucking win!!! About fucking time too. I'd lost faith after those opening 2 weeks but Gurley and Watkins had me daring to dream on Friday. Enter Cunter Henry (hero from my main league) and Rashard Higgins who didn't even combine for 4 points while he had the likes of Brees, Brown, Baldwin, Freeman and Ertz all go off to drag him back into it. Thankfully the like of Bell and Hopkins put up solid points (even if Amari Cooper continued to be MIA) and then Cousins went off, it finished the match up. Currently lead 183.07 - 147.54 with his kicker to play tonight. Thankfully him starting the likes of Pryor, Gillislee, Lynch and Ajayi let him down big time.

TTH: The glorious upset to cap off Mahow's weekend. My team is still fucking shite, but I'll take it. I told you... never trust the fucking Ravens in fantasy... advice I need to remember to adhere to in the future.

4th League- Shockingly I've lost here despite how great my team is on paper. It was a narrow loss with us being 2 of the top 3 scoring teams (only outscored by the owner who got that dodgy trade after I beat him week 1 and now looks like winning the league). My and my opponent have a gentleman's agreement to make dodgy trades once one of us hits 4 losses to help the other compete with him. Neither of us will probably return next year at this rate either, because it's every single year, between the same 2 teams, and it ruins the league every time. Oh well. I'll drop to 2-1, as will, most likely, the guy ahead of me, so it looks like it'll be tight at the top. The match up itself was a close one, but Wilson eventually made the different and he leads me 242.52 - 249.98 with him having an IDP left to play and me being finished.

Autodraft League- This was wrapped up on Friday with Gurley and Hyde going off and while he put up a fight, it wasn't enough and we cruised to 3-0.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Anyone want Matt Ryan for a RB or WR?
    Infact I’d consider trading Brady for a top tier WR/RB.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my team fuckin sucks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm moving into the top half despite not hitting 90 points in a single week.

I may well hit 90 tonight, but won't get to 100. Shitting our way to glory.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Just seen that @Mert is having an equally dominant showing - Diggs, Cooks & Watkins combining for 80pts.

The winless teams striking back with fire this week.
    My team still sucks.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was away for the weekend so I set my line-up before the Thursday game.

Russel Wilson was also dropped in our league, with the guy being a Seahawks fan too. Stuck in a tentative waiver claim, being 7th of 10 in the queue. I've somehow nabbed him, so my QB situation looks a bit healthier.

As for actual fantasy, you know those weeks where everything you do is wrong?

My bench is only a half a point off his starters. So unless Zeke provides 37 points tonight, it's done. I've been absolutely fisted in TTH too.

I've also got the vultures circling. After both Kelce and Zeke respectively. Kareem Hunt being obscene is making me think about trading Kelce. Smith just doesn't have a need to throw it. I'm just going to go and cry that I missed a waiver on Hunt by 1.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just won both of my ESPN leagues which is and at the same time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleb is a fantasy genius. Winning in all 3 leagues, trying to trade Scam Newton for a competent QB only for you fuckers to screw him, and actually trading Tucker after it's been exposed that his team are shite for a decent kicker.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His years of haxball ineptitude were just part of a long hustle to win this year's fantasy league.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've all been played. Last season was just the hustle.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seemingly I've been playing TTH with an open spot on my roster. No idea when that happened or why, but there's fuck all out there to fill it with.

Looking at potential pick ups for my dynasty league and nothing is leaping out at me for a Waiver claim there either. Charles Clay is probably the most likely, as all of my TEs (Henry, Hooper, Howard, Fleener) are still being shite and with Snead coming back I really can't trust any of them. That said I'm not sure anyone else will be looking at Clay, and the only person I think might be (he's moaning about Bennett at TE) has a better priority than me. He does tend to snipe Free Agents very early though, so maybe I'll throw in a claim and start Clay.

The other options would be Smallwood (if he's going to get Sproles's passing down work he could be huge) or Alex Collins who did look good Sunday, but I doubt I'm spending anything on a Raven ever again.

Oh... and the Vikings DST is out there, which is tempting too as my options are Jacksonville and Carolina and while both can fill a need, neither is an elite level DST.

It's almost inevitable that Hunter Henry will score 30 fantasy points before getting 0 again when he gets back in my line up. I fucking hate him.

In one of my other leagues I've stuck in a claim for Sacksonville

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost in the TTH league & the dynasty league this week Came up against some huge performances in both, with the dynasty guy having Larry Fitz (30pts), Dalvin Cook (25.4), Brandin Cooks (30.6) & the Texans DEF (22.8). He also had both Goff & Hoyer on the bench, so I'll just write this week off as one of those unlucky weeks & move on.

I did win all three of my other Yahoo leagues, meaning I'm 3-0 in two leagues, 2-1 in two leagues & 1-2 in dynasty. My horrible RB corps is definitely hurting me there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team in TTH is an utter disgrace. 10th, 8th and 8th, lowest scorers by a mile, still in the Play Offs. Guaranteed champions

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, @Dan, you're the resident Saints expert, and you've been right about everything I've posted dynasty wise so far (even if I ignore most of it ) so here's one for you.....

Cutler at Wembley on Sunday or Cousins Vs The Chiefs?

For some reason, Yahoo and Fantasypros seem to think the Chiefs are an easy match up. I have no idea where they've got that from because they held Brady to 10 points and Rivers to about 3 points in my format. Wentz did alright against them (approx 25 points, which is on the good side of average I suppose) but the match up terrifies me to be honest. That and Cousins has only been good for 1 game out of 3.

Cutler would have been a slam dunk for me if not for the fact he was shit against the Jets until garbage time.

Rankings says Cousins, my gut says Cutler... and you know, I'll be at the game, so that factors in slightly.

I also have Taylor and there is a chance Palmer/Bortles clear waivers and could be picked up, but I don't fancy any of those too much. I might consider Palmer if I'm in a commanding position after Thursday as he is probably the safest pair of hands, but I wouldn't like it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've got Cutler in TTH & I'm still probably going to start him, although I'm definitely considering the waiver wire again. Might have to watch the condensed Jets/Dolphins game to see what happened with them, but it sounds like they're going to shuffle a lot of stuff around, which could go either way. I kinda fancy this one being a shootout, but our defence should be able to get a bit of pressure against Miami, which could create some classic Cutler moments, it's just whether the coverage can hold up long enough for them to get there.

I have Cousins in another league, but I'm not exactly super confident in him either. Reed is probably still out, Pryor has been ultra garbage, and Doctson will probably be injured again by the time Sunday comes around. I think I'd go Cutler, just because of the matchup, but if I had both on the same team I'd find it hard to bench Cousins for him, especially after last week.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I research it, the more confused I get. The Saints D actually turned up for once, though I'm convinced Cam is just shite now so that maybe explains it. Meanwhile the Dolphins were seemingly even worse against the Jets than I thought. I had a look at all the rankings (so far) on Fantasy Pros and the couple of people who preferred Cutler had it being very close whereas the majority of people preferred Cousins by some distance. I may have to just roll with him, but if Cutler throws 3 TDs at Wembley I'm going to be sick.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to drop Newton and R.Cobb

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to start Ingram in my main league, just to get a bit more interest fantasy wise in the game on Sunday. That might backfire against that run defense but if he can get a few catches we'll be fine. The alternative was Crowell (shit) or Tyrell Williams (even more shit) or Buck Allen (Ravens) so why the fuck not. I'm a big favorite on projection anyway, so hopefully that holds true.

That brings my fantasy interest on Sunday to:
    Main League- Ingram
    Dynasty- Lutz for sure, possibly Ingram/Fleener/Cutler but if I get Clay on waivers it's possible none of those feature.
    TTH- Ingram
    4th League- Landry
    Autodraft League- Michael Thomas

Err.... come on you Saints I guess (just not Drew Brees.... please?)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Thomas in my dynasty league, but I'm against Mahow in TTH who has him too. Hopefully he has 12 catches for 50 yards & Cutler throws for 350 yards & 3 TDs that all go to DeVante Parker. Loads of FGs for Will Lutz sounds great to me now 'how has traded him. Think ours is the only one I don't have him in.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised he hasn't started Tucker yet

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite losing in both this week I can take a little comfort.

On Wednesday night last week, one of two 0-3 guys in our league dropped Russell Wilson. He's even a Seahawks fan. Having seen him start slow and ramp it up for 2 years straight already, I put a claim in. Friday morning I got him. As mentioned before I didn't set my team again, so benched him this week.
    Cut to today the guy who cut him wants to trade for him back. I am now a QB heavy though. I've Stafford and Wilson with Luck sitting on IR. The latter is starting practice this week so I need to think about shifting one of these for a piece somewhere.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waives have gone through and I was able to get the Jags in TTH and my 4th league, while getting both Clay and The Vikings in dynasty.

In my 4th league I now have the Ravens, Jags, Broncos and Vikings as DST options. It is overkill and one or 2 will need to be cut soon. The Ravens are the obvious choice, but their Play Off schedule makes me tempted to keep them. I'll review it when there is someone I want to add. I wonder what trade value the Broncos would have, because the other 3 would be more than good enough to get me through.

Meanwhile in Dynasty I now have The Vikings, Panthers and Jaguars, but someone has dropped the Ravens. I looked at who I would play each week if I went with the best match up (obviously as it stands now... which may not be the most accurate, but oh well) and the Panthers would only play 1 time for me. The week the Vikings have a similarly good match (1 team worse, 10th Vs 11th) and the Ravens have a better match up. That, coupled with the Ravens play off schedule again makes me tempted to Waiver claim them and drop the Panthers. I'd obviously need to see that Wembley was just a fluke before I trust them. If I can't get the Ravens, I still think the Panthers are droppable with those 2, assuming the Jags keep it up. Fleener can be cut first though now I have Clay and Snead is back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching Fantasy Live and the guy who submitted his team for the "Set My Line Up" segment ended up with a suggested line up of Eli, Crowell, CJ0k, Thielen, Watkins, Gates, Powell in the flex, Lutz and Carolina. Is that you, Pleb? Thielen was the giveaway.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So someone in one of my ESPN leagues panick dropped Kareem Hunt and now I have him

I just realised the guy who done that is my opponent this week and his whole team is on IR which is if anything. I'm not sure if trading Beckham Jr away for Zay Jones is a good idea though

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Watching Fantasy Live and the guy who submitted his team for the "Set My Line Up" segment ended up with a suggested line up of Eli, Crowell, CJ0k, Thielen, Watkins, Gates, Powell in the flex, Lutz and Carolina. Is that you, Pleb? Thielen was the giveaway.
    Nope

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    So someone in one of my ESPN leagues panick dropped Kareem Hunt and now I have him
    Lol... what?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like someone Plebed up the league.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they've probably just given up if half their team is dead.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TTH: Facing Bruh this week I believe. Baldwin (groin) and Bryant (illness apparently) should be good to go and Cam Newton (shoulder again) is getting dangerously close to the cutting block if he doesn't sort out his playing career. If Baldwin is out for definite this week then I maybe forced to play Landry or Lockett to replace him. My FLEX needs sorting out badly.

All About The Angles (Yahoo): This is my squad and having no flex spots is a fucking nightmare...:

Palmer (QB)
    Devante Adams (WR)
    Thielan (WR)
    Tyrell Williams (WR) -
    Howard (RB) - Sure fire starter.
    Crowell (RB) - should be good to go.
    The Gronk (TE)
    Greg Zuerlein (K)
    Philly (DEF/ST)

I have Shepard, Gates, AP (should I get rid of him?) and West on the bench. I'm tempted to start Mariota over Palmer as he's facing the Texans The bye weeks are going to fuck me over in this league soon.

The Pleb Train (Yahoo): Snead's back so I'm looking at this at the moment...:

Drew Brees (QB) - Obvs, he's playing the Dolphins for fuck sake.
    Antonio Brown (WR)
    Diggs/Thielen/Cobb/Kearse (WR) - Still debating over this one, I'm thinking Cobb
    Snead (WR)
    Elliott (RB)
    Dalvin Cook (RB) - Eh. I have Carson and Steward on the bench though.
    Charles Clay (TE) - The only decent TE I can find on the waivers.
    Greg Zuerlein (K) - Again.
    Steelers (DER/ST)

I'm also facing Tom Brady this week

Holy Matt Ryan/Kareem Hunt (ESPN): No issues here thank Christ. Randell Cobb starts for me as a flex as my bench is pretty much a bunch full of naff players and a very concerned Isaiah Crowell who has seamlessly been benched because of a wild Kareem Hunt

Ryan (QB)
    Devonta Freeman (RB)
    KAARREEMMMM (RB)
    AJ Green (WR)
    A. Jeffery (WR)
    E.Engram (TE)
    R.Cobb (WR/FLEX)
    Rams (DEEF/ST)
    Hopkins (K) -

Suck It Gravity (ESPN): I have Snead firmly locked in the flex spot unless I move him up and demote Thielen from WR2 on paper. I'm facing a 3-0 team this week with Kareem and Palmer in his squad so this is what I got...:

Smith/Wentz (QB) - Probably Wentz.
    Freeman (RB)
    Carson/Crowell/Cohen (RB) - Despite his injury I'm thinking Crowell at the moment. Cohen is practically a RB2 behind the Kareem.
    AJ Green (WR)
    Thielen/Snead (WR) - Still debating.
    Ertz (TE) - Well it's him or Cameron Brate.
    Flex- Wide open at this point. I have Zay Jones (not using him), Sanu and Jaron Brown fighting it out.
    Giants (DEF/ST) - What the fuck
    Boswell (K)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Montgomery going to shit means my big projection advantage in my main league gone and it's now 50-50. Fun!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at Dan.

Stashing away Jamaal Williams for exactly this and he gets injured almost straight away.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I found that pretty funny Hopefully he's not out too long. Also lost Davante Adams in the same game, so it was pretty great all round.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another close TTH game happening here lads.

I need a garbage Landry touchdown to kickstart the shitfest

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could do with more Thomas yards/a TD.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already looks like I've picked the wrong QB again

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so glad I dropped Cutler at the last minute.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Dalton is on fire.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never said I picked up the right one to replace him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I doubted you Marcus

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck you Dan.

Dickhead.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan

Trust Cam Newton to suddenly have a decent game for once

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the train home so no idea what's going on but

I'm guessing it's Dalton?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked I do have Bilal Powell on the bench in one league though.

Baltimore offence trying to outdo the Dolphins?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tucker missed an open 65 yard field goal earlier so nothing to see here lads

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the next Aguayo.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's no Jake Elliott.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)