User Tag List

Page 1 of 91 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

We should start discussing who's creating this years league plus whatever fantasy leagues you folks have got going in the pipeline.

@Dan was last year's TTH champion decimating @Gray Fox and @Ian in the Championship game I'm quite happy to open a league up unless Gray Fox wants to do our league this year? I know it's a bit early but still we need to start planning soon

We're still using Yahoo right?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's far too early.

Lock the thread and open it up at the end of August.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not even a hint of anything football for at least 3 months. Quite early for it. I only started it in June last year and that was too early.

But yeah Yahoo seems like the popular choice amongst people.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to finish last this year

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleb versus Dan for the "El Plebbo"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gray Fox should do it, and if he doesn't want to I'm happy to do it as I did the first few TTH leagues, and am running a few anyway so one more won't hurt me. Imagine a league run by Pleb. He'll probably lock everyone into taking injured players in round 1 somehow.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resurrecting this since the official NFL website launched this year fantasy leagues,drafted 2 teams so i can hopefully have some success,will post them below so i can get everybody's thoughts on them
    Team 1(Completely lucked out on this one,since i forgot to take part in the live draft and got what the league gave me)
    QB:Russell Wilson
    RB1:Marshawn Lynch
    RB2:Ezekiel Eliott
    WR1:Jordy Nelson
    WR2:Tyreek Hill
    TE: Delanie Walker
    Flex:Tevin Coleman
    Backups:Jameis Winston,Thomas Rawls,James White,Alshon Jeffery,Terrell Pryor,Cameron Brate
    Kicker:Stephen Gostkowski
    Defense:Baltimore Ravens

Team 2(Drafted solely by me):
    QB1:Tom Brady
    RB1:Marshawn Lynch
    RB2:Ty Montgomery
    WR1: DeSean Jackson
    WR2:Tyreek Hill
    TE:Travis Kelce
    Flex:Taylor Gabriel
    Backups:Jameis Winston,Dalvin Cook,Rob Kelley,Tyrell Williams,Cameron Brate,Jared Cook
    Kicker: Dan Bailey
    Defense:New York Giants

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like team one a lot better, I'm afraid Were all the QBs going immediately in the second one? Wouldn't have thought anyone on your team would have gone before at least round three. I'm assuming you went Brady/Kelce in the first two rounds?

When are we starting our league up, by the way?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 2nd team looks a little thin on the ground for my liking.

I don't see our draft happening before the end of August, so we're at least 2 months away. Unless people want to go eariler?

I can set up the league soon if so. Might well open a voting thread to pick the site we use. Yahoo and ESPN are the main contenders.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't go early.

Someone MAJOR will end up getting injured a couple of weeks before the season and someone will lose their pick effectively.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, closer is better, I'd say.

Just did a 10 team mock draft on the NFL site, picking at 8:
    Toggle Spoiler

Pretty solid, I think, and LOADS of good players went either way later than I'd have expected or completely undrafted.

Lynch went off the board at 20 so I guess that's not as much of a reach as I thought. Then again, someone took Tebow in the last round so maybe it's not the best data to go on

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should always take Tebow in the last round.

I'm having a nightmare in my work league. The irritating commissioner of the league said he was leaving after last season. He went 4-9 and funnily enough never bothered to check his team the weeks he lost. Had always made big changes the weeks he did win of course. In any case it had been agreed me and the guy who I beat in the final(both by far the most on the ball in the league) would co-run it. We'd agreed to bring in keepers, even to let people keep them from this year, hence my asking who to keep in here. We were also looking at new rules, like maybe adding a defensive player, making it PPR.

Well now the old guy wants back in and insists he's running the thing. No keepers for anyone, but we're using the reverse positions from last year to draft in. He also uses a daft system in which pick #1 of that round, moves to the back of the next round and everyone moves up a place. There's also a potential for a full 12 team league.
    So in theory, unless something changes, I'll be drafting 12th and only moving up one spot in the next round. I've no way to plan for this either as no mock drafting software takes this daft system into account.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let him back in, but put it to a vote on who runs the league. If he doesn't want to play if he loses the vote then that's his problem.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That draft system is the worst system I've ever heard of. Snake draft is the only way.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i went Brady,Hill then Kelce.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marshawn is pretty variable then, if he's going between the second & fourth rounds.

Hill could be good, just I think that's a couple of rounds early for him. Kelce should be a beast again this year though, and Brady is Brady so there's never really a bad time to get him.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the first ballot running backs were taken so i was forced to take a punt on him.I'm a Seahawks fan IRL so let's hope he repays me(I am aware he is in the Raiders now,perhaps with the joint 2nd O-line in the league he will reclaim his old form.)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ESPN Mock Draft

(QB) Tom Brady - NE
    (RB) Devonta Freeman - FALCONS
    (RB) Marshawn Lynch - RAIDERS
    (WR) Amari Cooper - RAIDERS
    (WR) Brandon Marshall - GIANTS
    (TE) Greg Olsen - PANTHERS
    (FLEX) Danny Woodhead - RAVENS
    (DST) Seahawks
    (K) Justin Tucker - RAVENS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (BEN) Dak Prescott (QB - DALLAS)
    (BEN) Randall Cobb (WR - PACKERS)
    (BEN) Jonathan Steward (RB - PANTHERS)
    (BEN) Sterling Shepard (WR - GIANTS)
    (BEN) Eric Ebron (TE - LIONS)
    (BEN) Carlos Santos (K - CHIEFS)
    (BEN) Will Fuller V (WR - TEXANS)

Pretty much standard. The kickers this year apart from Tucker appear to be weak for some reason. I was fucked over by 8 guys who wanted to use auto pick the lazy pricks

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you go Brady or Tucker in R1, Pleb?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brady was round three. Tucker was fifth or thereabouts. I think my first round pick was either Lynch or Freeman. Russell Wilson and Cam Newton are rated very low this year for some reason.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. Cam I sort of get since he was trashbags last year & now has CMC et al to take away some of his running production. Wilson I don't get at all - I fancy him to do really well this season, but I still prefer to wait a little bit longer & pick up one of the five or six guys that are still there in the last few rounds who are bound to be great value. I'd definitely take Wilson over guys like Matt Ryan & Derek Carr if it came to it, but he won't be below them by the time we draft.

Why is everyone on the Lynch train so hard? They have three backs in Oakland, and he's old, in a new offence, had a year out & was injured the last year he did play. I think they'll work him in over the season & try to keep him for the end of the year, and he'll probably only be a small improvement on 2016 Latavius from a fantasy standpoint.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give my first born child for Justin Tucker in our league btw.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd consider taking him around R5 just to fuck you off, to be honest

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Why is everyone on the Lynch train so hard? They have three backs in Oakland, and he's old, in a new offence, had a year out & was injured the last year he did play. I think they'll work him in over the season & try to keep him for the end of the year, and he'll probably only be a small improvement on 2016 Latavius from a fantasy standpoint.
    No idea.

His PPT is roughly 190 which is what you would expect a normal RB to score. Maybe the Fantasy experts are expecting him and Derek Carr to score big this season. Remember Jamall Charles? My first round pick last season? Yeah his fantasy stock has been completely decimated due to his season long injuries which makes my trade to Mahow even more lolworthy.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried a different draft site & strategy, and had MUCH worse results than my last mock.

Drafted at 9, with one person either side & the rest bots. Really don't like how taking a QB early throws off the team. I think there are about three okay picks from round three onwards, but I don't think there's a single good team in the whole bunch there.

It was a 12 team draft rather than a 10 team one, in fairness, so it's going to be worse by default.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are all going to be fighting for Mike Evans for the number one pick at this rate in our draft aren't we?

He went round one pick one in my mock draft last night and that wasn't an autopicker.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No shit.

An autopicker would have picked David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot or Le'Veon Bell.

They are the top options.

Evans isn't even the top WR in fantasy land.

Antonio Brown and Julio Jones are miles ahead of everyone else for that position.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be a 50 team draft and I could be picking last and I still wouldn't take Allen Robinson in round 4.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gurley in the second is throwing me off.

Why is he so favoured in fantasy football after last season.

His career has mirrored Doug Martin thus far (albeit Martin didn't have an injury in his first season), he'll be pap in 2017 before going bonkers again in 2018 for a new contract before slowing down again.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJ Not confident that Bortles is going to be able to throw passes that are actually catchable, or that AR can actually catch them?

I think those four games Gurley was a stud at the start of his career are still enough for people to go crazy for him, plus new coach that can't be worse than Fisher, plus apparently he's getting work in the passing game, plus they still have nobody else that's good = maybe he'll be better this year.

Definitely looks like it's the three RBs, then the three WRs, then McCoy, Evans & Gordon, then everyone else. AJ Green is slipping further than he should too, from what I've seen.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of both. The cunt was my keeper in my main league last year and with him, Green and Brown as my 3 WRs I expected to piss the league, but I can't remember him actually catching a ball all year.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I had him too & all I can remember is him flailing at Bortles passes that were five yards off target while two guys covered him. I'm hoping the offence is a bit better this season now they have Fournette to be an actual threat on the ground, and if Hurns is better again then Robinson should have more chance of not being covered by half the defence on every play.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    MJ Not confident that Bortles is going to be able to throw passes that are actually catchable, or that AR can actually catch them?

I think those four games Gurley was a stud at the start of his career are still enough for people to go crazy for him, plus new coach that can't be worse than Fisher, plus apparently he's getting work in the passing game, plus they still have nobody else that's good = maybe he'll be better this year.

Definitely looks like it's the three RBs, then the three WRs, then McCoy, Evans & Gordon, then everyone else. AJ Green is slipping further than he should too, from what I've seen.
    Another problem, that not many are picking up on, is Jared Goff.

He's so bad that a defence can just play for the run which limits space for Gurley. He got a lot worse when Goff came in.

Without Goff his stats were: 167 carries for 515 yards which is an average of 3.08. 26 catches for 202 yards, average of 7.77
    With Goff: 111 carries for 370 yards, average of 3.33 (average is slightly higher because he started well as defences didn't know how shit Goff was. The last 3 games were awful for him). 17 catches for an average of 7.35.

I thought the numbers would be a lot worse but the Goff factor took a couple of games to kick in. Next season could be a bloodbath for them and I can see them taking a new QB at 1 or 2 in the draft.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Goff ruins Gurley at this point. He's shown no signs of being ready or even close yet. I can't believe they passed over Wentz for him.

I'd have Gurley going in the 3rd myself, as there's always someone willing to take the risk, but any higher is madness surely?

This is going to be the most interesting draft after pick #5 is done in quite some time. You'd have to imagine Johnson/Bell going top 2, with Zeke battling it out with Brown and Julio for the next 3 spots. After that you have a lot of players of similar value to fill out the round, moving into round 2.
    This may also be the first time I see Gronk not going R1 in a long time.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So apparently in one of my leagues,a guy is massive fan of Zeke because he accepted a trade that i give him Zeke and J.Winston for M.Ryan,David Johnson and T.Y.Hilton

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell.

You've got the better RB, the better QB and a bit extra.

That's daylight robbery.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You only tend to get trades like that with people who support the team. I love them.

There's a guy in the work league that has the past 2 years, sent the house for Gronk and then Brady last year. He's a Pats fan so I know if I take one of them I can use them as trade bait. At one point last year 7 of his 9 team spots were taken up by Patriots. He was still mostly winning too!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Evans isn't even the top WR in fantasy land.
    Him and Odell Beckham just jumped into the top four WB rankings for some weird reason.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say Evans is in the third group that rounds out the top ten - you have the three top RBs then the three top WRs, then it's McCoy, Evans, Gordon & AJ Green, all of whom could possibly sneak in front of at least one of the recievers. That's a pretty incredible top ten, to be fair, and there are some very good players just outside too.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Tom Brady for Antonio Brown a good deal straight up?I just had it accepted.I have Winston as my go to guy now.

Also,forgot to mention in one of the many leagues i am in,i have Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson as RB1 and RB2 and Brees as QB .Had this been 2013,i would have won already

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you got Brown you've done great work there, I'd say.

Brees will still be a top 5 QB this season,just because the Saints are still going to have to score 40pts to win a game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy that got Brown got a little bit of a steal. While Brady is no mug, QBs are interchangeable in general. Unless it's a 2 QB league of course. Whereas you just got WR #1. Assuming he stays fit that's great value. There's only 1 or 2 other recievers who are even close to him.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we recruiting @Limoutsonik for our league this year?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea he's replacing you.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should administer to Pleb, the test.
    @Pleb

You have the #1 pick in our 2017 draft. Do you pick?

a) Jamaal Charles
    b) Alex Smith
    c) The Kansas City Chiefs defence
    d) Selected other

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    e) Justin Tucker

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    d)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how all of the options are actual Pleb picks from last year

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Made this to show my mate our teams. May as well post it here:

Toggle Spoiler

My mate assures me my team is good, except for Diggs (panic pick cos he stopped responding) who he has never heard of.
    Mahow with the three man QB hype there.

The state of my team though. Pierre Garcon?