User Tag List

Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 4533

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reconsidered if it would be useful as the people who aren't on here are in my other group for my other league, so it's pretty easy for me to contact everyone using the forum/existing Discord. But if people want one, I can make it.

How do you handle the issue with trading draft picks? From memory I think your league has a limit on number of keepers? In my existing one, we don't, which I like in one way (if you build a super roster, and smash the league you shouldn't be forced to dismantle it for the 8th, or in this case 12th best rookie) but on the other hand does make trading future draft picks next to impossible because you don't know what picks you will have.
    Last edited by Browning; 07-08-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine's on Fleaflicker & while I've not seen it in action, I think you can trade for a pick whenever. I think it basically just gives you the highest x number of picks to match the number of empty roster spots you have, so if you trade a player for a first you'd end up with two firsts but lose your last pick when it came to the draft.

In terms of keeping players, I think you should be able to keep the majority of your roster, but having to cut a small number each year helps keep the league balanced & adds a bit of extra strategy to team building - if you have a 25 player roster I'd say 18-20 keepers would be fair.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with a Sunday August draft date. 15-20 keepers seems reasonable (I recommend 20 if you want to have a 25-30 man roster but what do I know).

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems I missed a party! I was about to start posting my work league draft for full bantz purposes(you can lol at when I took Burkhead), but the commish has wiped everyones teams in order to fix the roster settings.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was 25, I might consider doing 20-22 keepers, but I'm not sure I like the idea of forcing people to cut 5 people and have 5 draft picks. That said, in my league where we have 26 man rosters and can keep all 26, I kept 24, and quickly regretted not keeping less than that once I saw how the draft unfolded (well actually no, I regretted not keeping Sanu and trading him for a 1st). Given how strong my team is there, I do think it would be incredibly unlikely anyone in a 12 team league is going to build a team where they want to keep everyone. Maybe 20 could be workable.

I probably wouldn't allow trading future picks that aren't in the first 5 rounds if that was the case though. I've never liked the idea of trading say a 10th rounder. The problem with it is if I trade for say Dan's 10th round pick, I could just chuck 2 keepers into round 10 when one of them would have cost say my 5th rounder normally, and thus gain a 5th rounder. It just seems to break the league. So if we end up going with 25 man rosters and 20 keepers, I'd only allow those 5 rounds to be traded until after the keeper deadline (at which point if you have a 6th/7th/8th/whatever pick, feel free to trade it if you can).

Edit- Yea, I was expecting you would join GF. If one of the 2 I'm not sure about let's me down, you can have the space if you want it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set up some of the settings. Not sure about IR after seeing Dan only allows 2. We have 5 in my other league. I've set it at 3 for now.

Also moved the draft up to 9pm but it may have to move back if people complain. I'm more worried about the non-TTH people because I think most of them are American and thus it's probably the middle of the day for them, but given it's a Sunday, hopefully it works. We could be there all night because I hate only have 1 minute to pick. I usually do 2 minutes, but for now I've set it to 1:30 just in case people draft slowly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I tried a mock with 20 picks and 12 teams and Adrian Peterson was selected

25 may be over shooting it slightly based on that.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that might just be a terrible computer pick

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, maybe. I guess the other factor is that the CPUs only drafted 1 Kicker and 1 DST, so if people take more than 1, that'll free up more players.

I'll do a bit more research to make sure, but the lean right now would be 25 roster spots and 20 keepers.

We officially have a league though, because one of the 2 I was unsure about has confirmed his interest. If the other one (Sam from TTH) declines, then GF can take the 12th spot. If not I'll have him as first reserve if anyone drops out.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Seems I missed a party! I was about to start posting my work league draft for full bantz purposes(you can lol at when I took Burkhead), but the commish has wiped everyones teams in order to fix the roster settings.
    Show and tell

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    Show and tell
    I'll get on this in a little bit. Lots of images to go get.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is a space going in the league after all because it appears one of the outstanding invites is to Mahow who is already in the league. I’ll have to confirm that later but if so do you want to join @Gray Fox

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in if you need the space filled.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work League Draft(be warned, many images)

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's so much less horrible than last year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to do our Dynasty draft in 2 stages, one online and then finish it offline. I'm just not sure I want to be there at 3am decided which RB ranked outside the top 200 players I want to add to my team. The offline draft worked really well for my other league where we got through 40 odd picks (with a time limit of 12 hours per pick) in less than 2 days. I may do something like 15 rounds online and 10 offline, or maybe slightly more online (18 to 7, or whatever).

As for keepers, the more research I do, the more it seems that most Dynasty leagues do allow 100% keeper retention if you want to do it. What some of them do is increase the roster size by 3-5 players before the rookie draft so everyone has 3-5 picks, and then they have to cut players before the season starts when the rosters get reduced again. I'm somewhat considering that rather than forcing people to cut players if they don't want to cut them, but again, open to ideas.

I can confirm that there was an outstanding invite to Mahow even though he joined. No idea why. I can't think of anyone else I've invited, so guess there is an open spot for GF.

Edit- I'll need you to PM me your email @Gray Fox as again it's hidden on Yahoo.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got to do my first offline draft for one of my dynasty leagues.

6 round rookie draft within a week but it doesn't start until the end of the month.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive wrote the TTH draft on the kitchen calendar. It’s official in my house.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    That's so much less horrible than last year.
    The guys picking at 1,2,3 and 6 mock drafted heavily this year and they're greatly improved, though guy at #1 did make a few questionable calls. The guy at #10 had the worst draft though.

He took Luck in R5, picked Cooks over Beckham, then didn't take a 3rd WR in a 3 WR league until R10. He only drafted 4 and they apparently sent one to the guy who had Ertz for him in return. He only has Rawls and Doug Martin as his 2 backup RBs too. Nightmare.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleb's cousin.

He picked the worst WR in round 2 and he had the first pick, lul.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been discussing position limits with one of the other members and now I'm thinking of imposing the following limits:

- No more than 2 Kickers or DSTs
    - You can only have QBs from 3 NFL Franchises. This is obviously a rule you'll have to police yourselves as I can't set it up on Yahoo. This does mean you can have a young up and coming QB without wasting one of your 3 slots (so for example, you could have Flacco and Lamar Jackson and it would only count as 1). There are not enough QBs for everyone to have 3 starters and the problem with the fact you could have 2 and they could share a bye week needs to be limited. Obviously, that could still happen, but limiting it should help. At least this way people can't stash 5-6 just to screw someone over.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what, forget the league vote. To avoid any doubt, I'll just let Yahoo determine the draft order when we get there. Did originally ask if people wanted me to randomise one because someone requested it, but I'd rather just let it happen.

Looks like we've hit 12 though (once the last 2 I've invited tonight join up), so we should be good to go. So far, no one has objected to the draft time either.
    Last edited by Browning; 08-08-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just joining up now.

My work league has seen its only trade so far taken back(Amendola for Ertz). It went through but after the reset the guy receiving Ertz has refused to do the trade again. The guy who drafted 10th strikes again.

I have messaged the Ertz owner, who wants a WR in replacement. I do have a much better WR corps than him though and also being the defending champ 2x over has upped the price a little as this is the guy who lost both finals to me.
    He wants Thielen(not happening) and mentioned he would also like Marvin Jones, so pretty much I'm looking at Jones for Ertz. I'd still have Cobb, Crowder and Hogan on the bench.
    The waiver wire could also see me bring in Agholor, DeSean Jackson, Tyrell Williams, DJ Moore, John Ross, Rishard Matthews or Allen Hurns(Dak has to throw to someone right?).

I was leaning towards sending Jones for Ertz on the basis that I should have enough, via my own bench or waivers to replace the WR3, whilst bringing myself a TE1.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I would send Jones for Ertz. It's easy to find a WR3 later on if needed.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen the guy mention he also wants a better QB, so I've asked the question on Stafford. We had Mariota go undrafted and there's a few others I'd happily take there too.

I'd be much happier parting with him, but I'll send the Jones offer if he says no.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To help me keep up with shit:

Yahoo Leagues:

TTH - Sunday 26th August 8pm
    New Dynasty - Sunday 19th August 9pm
    Money League - Sunday 2nd September 9pm

Fleaflicker:

Dan's Dynasty - DRAFTED

NFL:

Star Wars themed IDP - Sunday 2nd September 11pm
    Mental Dynasty IDP - Saturday 25th August OFFLINE

I think (and hope) that's everything.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the one I've just joined drafts on the 19th August?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty. I'm away then, but I'll try and find a way to get on it via phone or a laptop or something.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't show up, you'll be in prime position when you get Adrian Peterson on auto-draft.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent the guy Jones for Ertz as mentioned and now he wants to not do it until after pre-season. The guy who has Olsen also is refusing to deal with me on the basis that he's new and I'm 2x Champ. So whoever I want must be worth keeping.

Seems like getting myself a better TE isn't likely to happen any time soon.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just pick up Hayden Hurst and watch the points roll in.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean Benjamin Watson, right?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guice is dead. Torn ACL, done for season.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that sucks. Deon Cain gone too, which is obviously a lot less impactful for fantasy, and George Kittle will miss 'some time' with his injury.

I have one fantasy team where I'd drafted both Edelman & Ingram, and also have Guice, Kittle & Josh Gordon, so that one might be dead in the water already

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the guys in my work league with 3 TE had Olsen, Rudolph and Eifert. I asked his price therefore for Olsen given he had ample back up and he said straight swap Olsen for Hopkins(he's new to it). I burst out laughing in his face.

In any case he's now dropped Eifert for Ted Ginn(?). Given I'm #1 waiver priority, this could well solve the TE situation without having to trade.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like that's an appropriate reaction - he'll learn from it. It basically the same as we did to Pleb.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was all aboard the Pleb train after I went out last year.

I remember we all looked at him funny for drafting Thielen in every team. Now look at him go.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he did well with that one. Shame he didn't bother to back it up in our league & passed on him 10 times before Baz took him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out I'm in another league too.

I finished second in the mental IDP league (which has about 12 versions or something) so I've qualified for the mental IDP Champions league :\

Roster Size: 36 (18 starters, 18 bench, 3 IR)
    Offense (39): QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, DT, DE, DE, LB, LB, LB, LB, CB, CB, S, S, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, BE, IR, IR, IR

Stat Categories: 58
    PC(0.1pt), PY(0), PTD(6), PTD40(2.5), PTD50(5), P300(2.5), P400(5), 2PC(2), INT(2), RA(0.1), RY(0.1), RTD(6), 2PR(2), RTD40(2.5), RTD50(5), RY100(2.5), RY200(5), REY(0.1), RETD(6), 2PRE(2), RETD40(2.5), RETD50(5), REC(0.5), REY100(2.5), REY200(5), FTD(6), FUML(-2), PA14(1), BLKKRTD(6), BLKKRTD(6), INT(2), INT(2), FR(2), FR(2), BLKK(2), BLKK(2), SF(1), SF(1), SK(4), KRTD(6), KRTD(6), PRTD(6), PRTD(6), INTTD(6), INTTD(6), FRTD(6), FRTD(6), FF(2), FF(2), TKA(0.5), TKS(2), TK(1), SF(1), PD(1.5), 2PTRET(2), 2PTRET(2), 1PSF(1), 1PSF(1)

36 players to draft, fuck me.

It's currently set for September 1st at 2am.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck doing that draft at 2am

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while but i got another trade accepted today.
    I get: Saquon Barkley,Michael Thomas( Saints WR)
    He gets: Emmanuel Sanders,Ben Roethlisberger,Lamar Miller,Alshon Jeffery and Duke Johnson.
    Now my starting lineup will consist of: Aaron Rodgers,Fournette,Barkley,D.Hopkins,Michael Thomas,Zach Ertz,Marvin Jones and whatever DEF i pick up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Fuck doing that draft at 2am
    It wouldn't finish until about 6.

Luckily though the owner has said it's just a placeholder for now and it will be talked about once the league is full.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6? You’d be lucky. Even at one minute per pick you’re looking at 7 hours or so.

What are the thoughts on ours? Shall we just go for it all in one go, or do part of it and finish up offline? 12 x 25 picks is going to take an age and I’m reluctant to cut the pick time down because we live with these decisions forever.

Edit- may have misread your post, thought you said it was a 12 teamer.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't cut the pick time down. But doing at the least, a few rounds offline would make sense.

Also, if the other guy doesn't join up, I have an interested party.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    6? You’d be lucky. Even at one minute per pick you’re looking at 7 hours or so.

What are the thoughts on ours? Shall we just go for it all in one go, or do part of it and finish up offline? 12 x 25 picks is going to take an age and I’m reluctant to cut the pick time down because we live with these decisions forever.

Edit- may have misread your post, thought you said it was a 12 teamer.
    10 teamer so a total of 360 players being drafted, lol.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys remember that shit team in my Dynasty league who took Sanu in Round 1 of the rookie draft and had a whole team of garbage? He has just agreed the following trade:

Give Up: Chark, Round 1 Pick (likely 1.01 with how shit his team is)
    Get: Martavis Bryant, Round 2 Pick

It's the first time I've been tempted to use the veto. The guy is fucking clueless, but if he gives that up, God help whoever I get to replace him next year. It doesn't help that he's already agreed 3 trades with the other team that all were poor decisions for him.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it he's not in your dynasty league?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither of them are, they were the two I chose not to invite.

I’m using my veto, and I don’t care.