User Tag List

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 4533

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no such thing as too seriously in Fantasy Football.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must admit, I've never done NFL fantasy football, but I'd be willing to join in if you guys needed an extra team for the league.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do as it stands.

If you want to join then PM me with your email address. You'll have to sign up to Yahoo Fantasy Football if you haven't already.

If you do take over the team, you'll have to pick 1-2 keepers before the draft happens. If you have any questions, people in this thread will be able to help.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There, Thommo has taken over Team 10. Feel free to change the weird team name.

We should be good to go now.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who’s your favourite team, Thommo? Any favourite players?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone warned @thommo about my drafting skills yet?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he didn't want to draft any Chiefs.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we know anything about Sam's drafting skill? He only took over in mid-season so he's not drafted with us yet either.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in one other league with him (albeit I was on autodraft because it clashed with another) where he took:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Round 4 QB
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three QBs in an 8 team league seems a bit much, or was it a superflex/2QB league?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Who’s your favourite team, Thommo? Any favourite players?
    I'm a Steelers fan, fairly boring team to follow I know. Also got a soft spot for the Jaguars due to the Khan connection with Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    Has anyone warned @thommo about my drafting skills yet?
    I've been reading the opening few pages of the thread so I'm slowly getting the idea....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From memory it was only a 1 QB league so yea he probably overdid it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got my draft Sunday. Definitely happening this time. The guy who picks at #8 has handed me his personal rankings and instructions as he wont be able to make it. It makes my pick a whole lot clearer.

His instructions are to take one of his top 5 RBs(Bell, Gurley, Zeke, Kamara and Barkley), if none of those are to be there, I'm to take one of his top 4 WRs(Brown, Hopkins, Beckham, Julio).

I know at least half of the league have been mock drafting, so I'll give them credit and say Brown and those RBs will be gone(As will Johnson, who is his #8 for some reason) so he'll likely be taking Hopkins at 8.

That leaves me looking at Beckham or Melvin Gordon. Should one of the previous 8 be there still I'll have them, but given I know for a fact Fournette will go pick #10, I can likely assume he'll split and take himself a WR. So should I also split, I'd be looking at Melvin Gordon and Julio/Beckham.

My other option is still RB-RB. I'd likely end up with Gordon and Hunt/Cook. If I'm lucky, from there I could still grab a Mike Evans as my top WR. This is my personal preference, but it is the one with most risk. If one or two WRs more go than I think I could be a bit screwed.

Splitting would leave me looking at Guice, Collins or Drake as my 2nd RB and looking at the drop off at RB after that I reckon it would have to be a RB in R3.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon you could still get someone like Freeman or McKinnon as your RB2. In most of my mocks I end up with one of those in round 4-5. Granted we are a two QB league so that does change things somewhat. Personally after last year I would not be happy with Evans as my WR1.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the mocks I've done, it seems Freeman and McKinnon are late 2nd, early 3rd, in a 1 QB standard. The guy who gave me his list also wants me to take Freeman in the 2nd so he wont be there.

This year has gone very RB heavy in the early rounds it seems. I was hoping Shady would cast enough doubt over himself to get him to drop down, but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate Yahoo trying to do dynasty draft reports, but the fact they clearly base them on 2018 ADP (albeit adjusted to remove all the keepers from your league) makes them laughable. Supposedly Ridley was a reach at 16 because he was the 25th best player in the draft.... but Crowell was an absolute steal at 41 because he was the 14th best. Granted, I was happy to get Crowell for pretty much free, but come on....

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our draft is in the books. Having to draft for 2 people is stressful, but got through it okay. I've ended up with the following:

QB - Stafford
    RB - Gordon, Howard, Henry, Mack, Burkhead
    WR - Hopkins, Thielen, Marvin Jones, Hogan, Cobb, Crowder
    TE - OJ Howard
    K - Crosby
    D/ST - Eagles

The main surprise from the draft was the amount of tight ends that went. Multiple people went with 3 tight ends. I expected to be left with better than OJ Howard, but it's not the end of the world.

I've already been offered Ertz for Burkhead and Hogan, so that's a potential option to fix things. There still a few serviceable RB and WR on the wire too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take that and never look back. The Patriots backfield is something you want no part of, and Ertz is much better than Hogan, especially given your other options.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried, but he's gone off to work now so I'm yet to hear back.

Aaron Jones went undrafted, so I'd be happy to pick him up and stash. Whichever WR I pick up will likely be my WR5 or 6, so there's plenty of options if I go there too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you went Hopkins in 1 and still got Gordon and Howard? Either RB is deeper than advertised, or people drafted like morons.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's his work league...

They're mouth breathing mongs.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R1 went as follows:

Gurley, Zeke, Johnson, Bell, Brown, Barkley, Hunt, Kamara, Hopkins and Fournette.

I was sure Hopkins was gone at 6 or 7. Hunt going there was a massive boost and made the pick a formality. I knew the guy behind would pick Fournette and follow up with a WR. The big surprise was that he took Brandin fucking Cooks with his other pick. Beckham was still on the board. With 20-20 hindsight I could have taken Beckham here and been fine.

I took Gordon instead with fears of a big RB run happening in my wait.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon Cooks in the second? Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Cooks was the 3rd WR off the board. Beckham, Allen and Jones still there. Cooks was my WR22 in my rankings, so fuck knows.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That first round isn't too bad I guess, but taking Cooks over Beckham should see someone thrown out.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try and stick up the full results when the commissioner has put them up. There was definitely an improvement with some of the guys drafting, whilst others just flat out failed.

The guy who got Cooks is the one offering me Ertz for example. He ended up only drafting 3 wide receivers in a league where we need to start 3 every week. He also took 3 tight ends for some reason.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you reach for Ertz and then trade him for Hogan and Burkhead? Madness.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be committed.

I've just found out I have two drafts on the second of September.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly I'm amazed they managed to hold it together long enough for the first round to look pretty normal - would've expected someone to take the Jags DST or something.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Jags D went in round 7 or 8 or so. Tough to tell as after about round 3 they turned the volume right up in the bar for the City v Chelsea game. Had I been only drafting for myself I'd have taken everyones picks down.

We used to have a Ravens fan in the league who would take Tucker in R1 every time and defences used to go in the first 5 rounds easily. So this year has been a vast improvement, bar a few obvious exceptions.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a smart man.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our league just went up and I've banged that trade offer in after radio silence. Rejected. Looks like he may have had a better offer elsewhere.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm strongly considering starting a 12 man dynasty league. The more I read about the format, the more people seem to be suggesting it just doesn't work with 8 (which is what I have) and 10 isn't great either. With 12 (or more) it seems like you genuinely get teams who have to rebuild for years to compete, reliance on obscurer players and it makes the rookie draft vital. I've been thinking about doing it next offseason, but if the interest was there... maybe I could start it this year. I reckon I could get 6-7 from my current league (without inviting a certain someone...) and maybe 1-2 from other sources. Would any of our TTH players have any interest in joining a dynasty start up? I know you all just joined Dan's one, so maybe I left it too late, but I'd be interested in getting it going either this year or next if I could find people.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be up for it.

Dan's one isn't running is it? There was talk but I don't think he made it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I thought that was the one you all adopted teams for and drafted a while back?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up for a fresh dynasty league

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I'd be up for it.

Dan's one isn't running is it? There was talk but I don't think he made it.
    You’re literally in the league you plank

I’d go for another dynasty league though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit yeah, the fleaflicker one.

Fucking hell.

I'd still be in.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may well send out some invites later tonight, but it’ll only go ahead if we get to 12. Probably looking to draft fairly soon, maybe the weekend before TTH as I have a lot of other drafts over that weekend and the one after.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invites sent to Mahow and Pleb. Dan, your email address appears to be private on Yahoo, so could you PM it to me?

Edit- I haven't touched any of the settings yet, so don't read anything into them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done

Will it be roughly full PPR?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. My other league has a weird scoring system, but that's because most of the players are from a league where that was the established system. This one will be fairly standard with a full PPR. The main thing I will be changing is the roster sizes.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested in the dynasty league, judging from what I've read about it on here. Of course, happy to let more of a veteran take my spot if you guys think it's a bit too advanced for a newcomer to the fantasy NFL stage. Is there any major difference, other than the retention of players, than I'm missing between the two types of league?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main differences, from my (limited) experience are:

1) Player values are fairly different. For example, in redraft leagues, Antonio Brown is the consensus WR1, but he's not in Dynasty because of his age. General rule of thumb is younger players with proven production are the most valuable players. Brown is obviously still a top asset, and probably a Round 1 guy, but he likely isn't the top WR.

2) Rosters are much bigger, and you tend to have to take more chances on players you don't know much about and hope they pan out.

3) Draft picks can be traded for Players (from the second draft onward, not the initial draft).

4) It's a year round commitment (although activity in my league was pretty much dead after the Super Bowl until the NFL draft happened, I don't know how normal that is. The season is longer though for sure).

If you're still interested, then I'm happy to give you a shot.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm pretty involved with NFL in general so I'd like to imagine I'll be committing to it. If that's ok with you, I'd like to give it a go.

Just got to make sure I don't make any big draft mistakes now...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May actually have filled the league already (including spaces for Dan/Thommo) unless one of 2 people I've not heard back from let me down. Even if they do, it can't be that hard to find 1 or 2 more. Invites going out to Dan/Thommo now.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you lot be losing interest in the proper league now you've got your fancy longterm investment dynasty league to play.

(My mate would probably join if you need a 12th man.)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, now that this looks like happening, may as well iron out a few details, so anyone who has any input let me know:

1) Draft date/time. As I've said, the 2 weekends following where it is are already busy with drafts for me, so I'm hopeful that where it is will work, but any major objections let me know.

2) Roster sizes. I do want them to be quite big, because that's the nature of Dynasty. You need to be able to hold players you're waiting to develop, and you shouldn't be able to just grab a stud off Free Agency. Most sites I've seen suggest 24-26 man rosters even for a 12 teamer. My 8 teamer has 26 and it feels ok, but obviously, 12 is 50% more players coming off the board. Any ideas on that?

3) A major talking point in my existing one is the trading of future draft picks. Yahoo does not allow trades that include an uneven amount of picks. For example, you can't trade Player X for a 1st round pick half way through the season, it just doesn't allow it. You could trade Player X and a 10th rounder for a 1st though, but this causes other issues when it comes to keepers. So far, we haven't seen a trade involving future picks, the only picks we've seen traded are after the keeper deadline when everyone knew what picks they had available. Once the keepers are locked in, it's easy to trade a player for a 1st straight up. I wouldn't object to a rule where you can only trade draft picks after your keepers are selected, and only for the upcoming draft. If we want to be able to trade them mid-season... then more discussion around how to do it will have to happen I guess.
    Last edited by Browning; 07-08-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draft time should be fine for me - I'm busy 11th & 17th but otherwise shouldn't have anything planned I can't move.

I'd say 25 seems about right for a 12 teamer - that'd be the same as my Fleaflicker one which is 10 teams, 30 roster spots (plus 2 extra IR spots), and that's about right, although for reference the best names on the waiver wire include Elijah McGuire, Tyler Kroft, Austin Hooper, Eric Decker & Josh McCown, so it depends how you want to balance the waiver talent with being able to hold players at the bottom of your roster.

Never used Discord but I guess it could be useful for reaching the people who aren't on here.