User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Running and General Exercise Thread

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Thanks fellas. I did a calorie counting bit once and lost like 30 pounds in like a month or two but then I did the "well i'm doing pretty well i can treat myself this once" bit with some Taco Bell.. which turned into well I fucked off last night might as well just have some pizza today.

Aaaaaand that was that.

I honestly never really had interest in life in general so I kinda assumed I'd either do myself off eventually or the fast food would give me a young heart attack (it may still but..) idk maybe I'd enjoy life better if I wasn't obese, could get back to enjoying being outside and playing sport, and getting regular sex again.

It's not like I can hop off a tall bridge while my Mom is still knocking around (may she live forever mind you) cause that would be devastating obviously and what kinda shit is that.

Sooooo ya. Might reckon I start a diet and exercise routine and see how that goes.
    Woah. Dude. If you're going to go full nihilism, might as well get laid right? Buy some steroids lol.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One meal a day would torture me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    One meal a day would torture me.
    You just stop thinking about food as something you enjoy or look forward to experiencing after awhile. At this stage I legitimately need to force myself to get down food and I find fatty options to be nauseating / unappealing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomert View Post
    Woah. Dude. If you're going to go full nihilism, might as well get laid right? Buy some steroids lol.
    Yeah, if you don't give a fuck go full George Leeman.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've seen the size of you, mert.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomert View Post
    You just stop thinking about food as something you enjoy or look forward to experiencing after awhile. At this stage I legitimately need to force myself to get down food and I find fatty options to be nauseating / unappealing.
    This is quite an important tactic for me. Food is necessary purely to recover from exercise at the moment. I look forward to exercise more than food.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the Butterfield diet. Works great.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    We've seen the size of you, mert.
    Don't make me post shirtless pictures.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Yeah, if you don't give a fuck go full George Leeman.
    Is he well known? Or is that as impressively niche of a reference as I think?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he's that well known. He should be though. Greatest YouTube lifter ever.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I don't think he's that well known. He should be though. Greatest YouTube lifter ever.
    If you ever want to go down a D E G E N E R A T E rabbit hole, check out his past relationship with Tessa Urbank. Weird stuff (although he's seemingly the most normal and well-meaning if troubled one by far).

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything about him screamed nutcase even before that stuff came out. It's why his channel was so great. That he then did a runner to Cambodia and started posting them mental 'MY LIFE IS AMAZING' updates with his thirteen year old mute girlfriend just confirmed his legendary status in the lollest possible way. There is a good video of him training with Elliott Hulse (worst YouTube lifter ever) where he suggests that people who lift like him are all mentalists, which I always thought was a refreshing take on it.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with Elliott Hulse?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His older Strength Camp stuff was always really good, provided you could filter the 'Strongest Version of Yourself' self-help for idiots wank out of it; but that stuff started to come increasingly to the fore about 2013-ish when he seemingly realised he needed a particular gimmick and started a personal channel devoted to all his mental thoughts about (issues with) women and insecurity. That then filtered into his workout stuff, and here we are in 2019 and he's a forty year old man in a vest shouting about masculinity and how he makes money on YouTube.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in Greece at the moment. Went on runs yesterday and today and found myself out of breath much sooner than usual and with shallow breath that lasted for a while after. I've known my stamina levels to be highly variable in the past and never been sure what the deal is.

Done some googling and I reckon it's this. I was asthmatic as a kid and it sometimes flares up when I'm ill but it's not something I think about, so it had never occurred to me.

Dunno why it's suddenly really bad in a different country though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pollen count?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran 15km yesterday. 5km further than I’ve ever gone before. I didn’t even feel tired, but my splits were getting slower as I went. Might target a half marathon some time if I can keep those kind of distances up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled something in my calf yesterday during football. Can barely walk today.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran a 1.31.29 half marathon recently, which was nice. Then I did some very high mileage training weeks and picked up a couple of minor injuries, which made me stop. Now I've started again on a slightly less exhausting schedule and tuning up before the full marathon on 2nd June.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3.28 in the marathon at the weekend. Not a PB but better than last year on the same course, so reasonably happy with it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't run from yourself.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a dodgy lower back at the moment and my hamstrings are mad tight. No doubt from a combination of sitting at a desk for long hours and cycling everywhere.

I've tried some yoga stuff but I feel like my hamstrings are so tight that it's probably doing more harm than good.

I've had two separate people recommend replacing my desk chair for an exercise ball and I'm almost sold on it. Anyone tried it before?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Giggles what do you think?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    @Giggles what do you think?
    What?

I'm thinking if you hadn't used the @ then I would never have seen this post.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Pepe

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you sit on an exercise ball?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Do you sit on an exercise ball?
    I spend most of my days in a drivers seat so I recently got a standing desk.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost ran my first official 10K today.

Got to the finish line, got a time of 51:54 and I’m thinking that can’t be right. That’s waaaay quicker than I’ve done in practice. I’ve only ran it four times previously and all in the last month but it wouldn’t jump down so dramatically.

Checked Strava, my fitbit and my mates Garmin and the bastard course was only 9.2k. Fuming .

At least I got a 5k PB and a 9.2k PB

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A course being 800 metres short suggests that the organisers were a pack of morons.

Anyhoo, I finally broke 20 minutes for a 5K, having run 19.43 on Saturday.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone ever had problems with their "illipsoas" muscles? Thats, apparently, what I have had for the past 6-8 months preventing me from doing most types of high intensity and explosive training. I've no real idea what to do about it (i do some sort of rehab exercised that i've gotten but they don't seem to help really, and it just doesn't really go away by resting either).

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds made up. Crack on.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First run since October 2017 according to this thread and it looked like it. Fuck!

I only managed 1 1/2 before I knocked the app off although I reckon it's just over 2 miles so nothing major but I think the same problems I used to experience are already there. Most notably the breathing during running, I did vom some carrot and grated potato up and I think I run too fast which is why I start flagging so soon.

According to the app my average pace was 10:14 min/mi which Google says is moderate fitness for a man if I read it right but I couldn't maintain that at this point. I don't even know what possessed me to go. Probably Henry, I guess. I have no target at such, the key for the remainder of this month I guess is to just go a few more times. Thursday I've earmarked. Maybe a little earlier though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I ran a mile in 5.34 tonight. Enjoying some of the shorter stuff at the minute.

Keep at it Smiffy. Excuses are easy. Consistency is the key and you'll see results relatively quickly.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you do Parkrun Henry?

I've got an undulating (I would class it as hilly) 10 mile on Sunday, which I'm a bit unprepared for because I've been ill recently and my running and general exercise has suffered. I ran it last year and due mainly to the heat it was one of the toughest races I've done, and I'm in two minds at the moment.

I've also missed my last two Leeds 5k series races, which is annoying.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do parkrun infrequently. The 5k on Saturday was a parkrun.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m so unfit oh you fucker Hahahahah. Feel like spewing after three days at the gym.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been a right lazy bastard in 2019 so far, but I hit 10 miles for the first time in almost six months tonight. Not an impressive pace at all (averaged out at about 9:30 a mile) but it wasn't planned, so it's just nice to know it's still there. Hopefully I can build back up from here.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I cycled 60k today around London. I was talking to my mate after about cycling to Brighton and he claimed I wouldn't be able to do it. It's only 110k. I cycled 45k yesterday and did that 60k cycle after training legs in the gym this morning. I went for a 90 minute 30k cycle just now to let him know he's already wrong, but I quite fancy doing it anyway just to teach him a lesson. Is there anything I'm not considering or is he thick?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started running again last week after 3 months off. Hurts like fuck but the rush is still great.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    So, I cycled 60k today around London. I was talking to my mate after about cycling to Brighton and he claimed I wouldn't be able to do it. It's only 110k. I cycled 45k yesterday and did that 60k cycle after training legs in the gym this morning. I went for a 90 minute 30k cycle just now to let him know he's already wrong, but I quite fancy doing it anyway just to teach him a lesson. Is there anything I'm not considering or is he thick?
    https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-h...bike-ride-2020

It's pretty easy. Hardest bits being Ditchling Beacon and the sheer number of riders on the road causing crazy congestion.

It might be quite hard to do logistically when they don't close the roads, but I guess maybe the A23 goes all the way?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    There is one thing. You should get off the roads and stop being a nuisance.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t wait for your profession to become obsolete and for all of us to roll around on bikes

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Can’t wait for your profession to become obsolete and for all of us to roll around on bikes
    We'll all be long dead before everyone is rolling around on bikes. Sorry to break it to you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’ll probably be

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    You’ll probably be
    Unless you see about 100 then you'll be in the dirt with me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-h...bike-ride-2020

It's pretty easy. Hardest bits being Ditchling Beacon and the sheer number of riders on the road causing crazy congestion.

It might be quite hard to do logistically when they don't close the roads, but I guess maybe the A23 goes all the way?
    There seems to be an established route for cycling, so I assume there won't be too many cars. Coming up to the downs does look like hell, but it's all downhill from there for a hero's welcome.

As for the nuisance thing, mopeds are the worst. There have also been plenty times where cars are holding me up. Shit drivers are shit drivers regardless of vehicle.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to clothesline some cunt off a moped.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cyclists who know what they're doing going at a reasonable speed are manageable, it's the dickheads with no helmets weaving in and out at 3mph who are dangerous.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably should get a helmet, but it'd look shit and cause discomfort. I doubt a crash would come anywhere near killing me anyway. Last year at Pride I unknowingly sat on an unstable pillar and toppled backwards six feet onto my back with the top of the pillar landing on top of me. Had a few grazes, but I was fine and carried on with the day. There's no chance I'm dying any time soon.