User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 46 of 261 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,300 of 13025

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really.

Major was pre Good Friday Agreement. We're now twenty years after the GFA, and the principle of consent has been agreed / verified by referenda in both north and south.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jonathan Powell is a slimy toad cunt who hasn't moved on from backslapping about the first Blair term. He, Campbell and Mandelson should be rounded up when the Corbyn regime comes in and either hanged or sent to some kind of penal colony.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Jonathan Powell is a slimy toad cunt who hasn't moved on from backslapping about the first Blair term. He, Campbell and Mandelson should be rounded up when the Corbyn regime comes in and either hanged or sent to some kind of penal colony.
    The Falklands would do, assuming we don't hand it over to the Argies.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Brady is readying the catapult.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What really has pissed me off is Bouldy adopting 'the absolute boy'. Fucking cunt. @Boydy

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Eis Nein on CaB, re: members of the DUP:

Jim Wells - Health Minister. Said kids with gay parents more likely to be abused. Said foetuses the 'ultimate victim' in rape pregnancies.
    Ian Paisley Jr. - Described being 'repulsed' by homosexuals. Claimed over £1million in expenses over five years.
    Jim Shannon - Claimed most expenses of any MP in Westminster in 2015: £205,798, excluding travel costs.
    Emma Pengelly - Daughter of a convicted loyalist terrorist. Voted against equal marriage and opposes extending the Abortion Act to NI.
    Iris Robinson - Had an affair with a man she knew since he was 9 years old and was ' a mother to'. Procured £50k in loans for him.
    Peter Robinson - Defended preacher who described Islam as the 'spawn of Satan'. Said he'd trust a Muslim 'to go to the shops for him'.
    Paul Givan - Supports business right to discriminate against gays on religious grounds. Brought motion to get creationism taught as science.
    Gregory Campbell - Openly mocked the Irish language in NI Assembly. Supports bringing back the death penalty. Jokes about hunger strikers.
    Sammy Wilson - Agreed with man who said 'get the ethnics out'. Openly stated climate change is a myth while he was environmental minister.
    Edwin Poots - Believes Earth is 6000 yrs old. Wanted to extend the gay blood donation ban to people who have sex "with somebody in Africa".
    Paul Girvan - Said that all scrap metal dealers should be armed with guns to protect themselves from "gypsies".
    Tom Buchanan - Told a room full of children that homosexuality is 'an abomination'. Opposes gay adoption and gay blood donation.
    Mervyn Storey - Young earth creationist, wants intelligent design taught in schools. Opposed Ulster Museum exhibit on evolution.
    Nigel Dodds - Attended funeral of UVF commander John Bingham: A man responsible for illegally smuggling arms to loyalist forces from Canada.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell happened? I thought conservatives were absolutely wrecking it in the polls AND you got terrorist attacks right on the eve of the vote. Can someone explain this outcome?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    What the hell happened? I thought conservatives were absolutely wrecking it in the polls AND you got terrorist attacks right on the eve of the vote. Can someone explain this outcome?
    Theresa May happened.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    From Eis Nein on CaB, re: members of the DUP:

Jim Wells - Health Minister. Said kids with gay parents more likely to be abused. Said foetuses the 'ultimate victim' in rape pregnancies.
    Ian Paisley Jr. - Described being 'repulsed' by homosexuals. Claimed over £1million in expenses over five years.
    Jim Shannon - Claimed most expenses of any MP in Westminster in 2015: £205,798, excluding travel costs.
    Emma Pengelly - Daughter of a convicted loyalist terrorist. Voted against equal marriage and opposes extending the Abortion Act to NI.
    Iris Robinson - Had an affair with a man she knew since he was 9 years old and was ' a mother to'. Procured £50k in loans for him.
    Peter Robinson - Defended preacher who described Islam as the 'spawn of Satan'. Said he'd trust a Muslim 'to go to the shops for him'.
    Paul Givan - Supports business right to discriminate against gays on religious grounds. Brought motion to get creationism taught as science.
    Gregory Campbell - Openly mocked the Irish language in NI Assembly. Supports bringing back the death penalty. Jokes about hunger strikers.
    Sammy Wilson - Agreed with man who said 'get the ethnics out'. Openly stated climate change is a myth while he was environmental minister.
    Edwin Poots - Believes Earth is 6000 yrs old. Wanted to extend the gay blood donation ban to people who have sex "with somebody in Africa".
    Paul Girvan - Said that all scrap metal dealers should be armed with guns to protect themselves from "gypsies".
    Tom Buchanan - Told a room full of children that homosexuality is 'an abomination'. Opposes gay adoption and gay blood donation.
    Mervyn Storey - Young earth creationist, wants intelligent design taught in schools. Opposed Ulster Museum exhibit on evolution.
    Nigel Dodds - Attended funeral of UVF commander John Bingham: A man responsible for illegally smuggling arms to loyalist forces from Canada.

Okay jk this isn't that bad

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me tell you, the policing community are having the absolute time of their lives today. Their glee make's Jezza's count speech seem like a funeral paean.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joking about hunger strikers is to be encouraged.

Bit daft to include the retired Peter Robinson on the list and not mention the fact that he founded a paramilitary group.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys seem like Republican Congressmen from deep-red districts in the South. I didn't know people from the UK could be that based.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys seem like Republican Congressmen from deep-red districts in the South. I didn't know people from the UK could be that based.
    It's Northern Ireland. The only other show in town, apart from them, is the IRA.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teresa May is going to "reflect". She's been pushed.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An alternative theory: this has been purposely done by (some Tories) or Theresa herself. It's too much of a fuck up for it to be by accident, the refusal of debating, the refusal of interviews, it's like she's been told to shut up or she herself has sabotaged it.

WHY. The question is WHY.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    What really has pissed me off is Bouldy adopting 'the absolute boy'. Fucking cunt. @Boydy
    Get to fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldoow View Post
    Any validity to this from Jonathan Powell?
    I think he's bang on there. It's really quite worrying for the future of devolution in Northern Ireland.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If she goes over she weekend she's going to look pretty stupid after making a deal with the DUP, going to the Queen and saying she's forming a government.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just mooching around on Twitter and thought I'd go and see how resident cry baby Owen Jones is handling this situation. Turns out I'm blocked.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have you down as a cunt before this thread, Zom.

Good to know.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Just mooching around on Twitter and thought I'd go and see how resident cry baby Owen Jones is handling this situation. Turns out I'm blocked.
    He's organising/attending a protest against the proposed coalition.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    I didn't have you down as a cunt before this thread, Zom.

Good to know.
    And why would that be?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The things we can leverage out of the UK government here to stop this sort of shite from being allowed.

We can get the bypass at York Street sorted, for starters.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The terror attacks were (paradoxically) quite damaging for the Conservatives seeing as May presided over extensive police cuts which gave Labour an easy line of attack in the final weeks/days (on top of all the other fuck ups).

Another great vox pop I heard today was form some white van man who said that he had voted for Labour because someone who promises the earth but has no chance of delivering it is preferable to a robot who just repeats a nauseating mantra ad infinitum.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Theresa May happened.
    I though she was being smart by not going to those debates, not that debates and campaigns matter.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    I though she was being smart by not going to those debates, not that debates and campaigns matter.
    It was until Corbyn decided to go.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George Osborne is a cunt.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    He's really twisting the knife with some of these Evening Standard headlines. He must be lolling his head off behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was pictured smiling evily when the exit poll was announced.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the equivalent of me being banned from here and making quality ItalAussie jokes around the empty house. Deep down he's still utterly, utterly SEETHING about his life's work being torched and having to edit a waxwork-owned freesheet to stay relevant.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have been interesting if he'd stayed on as an MP and challenged (murdered) May for the leadership.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the manifesto, in my view. A lot of unpopular policies that she simply couldn't defend or decided it wasn't actually worth the hassle of defending. The two key issues that could have hammered Labour - deficit and Brexit - disappeared into the long grass as they started fighting a stupid defensive action against domestic policy like winter fuel, school lunch, social care, and, of all things, fox hunting. Not a single positive news story there.

Now, I didn't think such huge numbers would be gullible enough to swallow the tax everyone who isn't you to spend it on all things you like manifesto that Corbyn put together - but it was an easy sell for him in both absolute and relative terms. The Tory vote's held up - they've been fucked by everybody else being sufficiently motivated by how shit they were to turn out for the other guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Would have been interesting if he'd stayed on as an MP and challenged (murdered) May for the leadership.
    He probably rather regrets not running again now.

He's still a wanker.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the negative Tory/May stuff is being overplayed. They massively increased their vote share to 42%+. It's the positive Corbyn stuff that made the difference to the result.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help but lol at people who care about the deficit.

What's the deal with Brexit? There's a video a few pages back with Corbyn saying he wants a 'jobs first Brexit' or some shite like that.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the negative Tory/May stuff is being overplayed. They massively increased their vote share to 42%+. It's the positive Corbyn stuff that made the difference to the result.
    So basically the two main parties gained and all other parties went to shit?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More or less.

This also confirms in my mind Bernie would have beaten Trump easily. Unlucky mate.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UKIP are basically no more and SNP have been seriously shafted in Scotland.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much faith one can place in opinion polls I don't know, but the Tory vote did go down on where it was at the start of the campaign. That said, I'd be reasonably confident saying it "held up" in the face of a deeply unimpressive campaign and policies which seemed designed to piss off their own base.

The question is why people were driven to Corbyn - the deficit was a potent argument two years ago, it was barely mentioned this time. He'd be shit at Brexit, obviously, but it was barely mentioned. The entire campaign was an argument on domestic policy and it's easy to sell an extra £40bn spending per year when you're also telling people that they wouldn't be the ones paying for it. May had no positive domestic policy whatsoever to offer as a counter, and a refusal to engage on the deficit issue meant they couldn't discredit his economic plans in the way they should have.

There is no way that a remotely competent Tory campaign manages to end up in this position.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the equivalent of me being banned from here and making quality ItalAussie jokes around the empty house. Deep down he's still utterly, utterly SEETHING about his life's work being torched and having to edit a waxwork-owned freesheet to stay relevant.
    Seething.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More or less.

This also confirms in my mind Bernie would have beaten Trump easily. Unlucky mate.
    I know.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Is Middlesbrough technically the north east?
    They're not even people in Middlesbrough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been to Middlesbrough. It's dreadful.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Cameron, while I liked him for a time, he was ultimately fucking useless and it was his initial decision and subsequent piss poor campaign that led to all this mess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    How much faith one can place in opinion polls I don't know, but the Tory vote did go down on where it was at the start of the campaign. That said, I'd be reasonably confident saying it "held up" in the face of a deeply unimpressive campaign and policies which seemed designed to piss off their own base.

The question is why people were driven to Corbyn - the deficit was a potent argument two years ago, it was barely mentioned this time. He'd be shit at Brexit, obviously, but it was barely mentioned. The entire campaign was an argument on domestic policy and it's easy to sell an extra £40bn spending per year when you're also telling people that they wouldn't be the ones paying for it. May had no positive domestic policy whatsoever to offer as a counter, and a refusal to engage on the deficit issue meant they couldn't discredit his economic plans in the way they should have.

There is no way that a remotely competent Tory campaign manages to end up in this position.
    The deficit was a potent argument two years ago because Labour under Ed Milliband was basically the same as Labour that got votes out in 2010. It was also the first general election since they got votes out so their past record was a bigger issue.

Labour under Corbyn is quite different from Labour in 2010 and 2015, so their past record is not so easy to is against them. In addition this despite being only two years from the last election was basically a government seeking a third term so the Conservatives record is under much more scrutiny​, and in the 7 years they've been in they've missed their targets on the deficit repeatedly and in doing so nearly doubled the national debt. It's not really a position to be lecturing Labour on their record from.

In addition in those 7 years of failing to meet their targets of eliminating the deficit they have cut public services and welfare back so far that the NHS and education system are in crisis, and people have starved to death after having their benefits taken away.

So if you are given a choice between a party who are going to cut and cut and cut public services and still not be able to balance the budget, and a party who say they will invest in public services and raise the money from those who have been seen to benefit most from the previous 7 years of cuts, a lot of people will vote for the later even if they're not convinced that the figures really add up.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn straight. And the fallout is amazing. The only guy with any heart in leaving was Gove but he had no friends in the party. Boris joined up just to look important but you're going to find fewer and fewer candidates who want to lead Britain out of the Union. May's staying for that reason.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missing their deficit targets was piss poor, but pinkos throwing the national debt up at the Conservative Party is the one mainstream argument I actually find myself seething at. 'Ooh, you borrowed more money than...' Yeah. Why is that?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeldoow View Post
    So if you are given a choice between a party who are going to cut and cut and cut public services and still not be able to balance the budget, and a party who say they will invest in public services and raise the money from those who have been seen to benefit most from the previous 7 years of cuts, a lot of people will vote for the later even if they're not convinced that the figures really add up.
    So in other words people want free stuff, they want it immediately, and they want 'the rich' (whoever they might be, and however inaccessible their wealth/income might be) to pay for the lot.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're better than that.