User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 188 of 261 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,400 of 13025

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £12 million is basically nothing when it comes to the amount of money we waste. Rather than funding HS2, Furlough and those National ID cards we could have eradicated poverty worldwide / rebuilt the empire. #RuleBritannia
    Last edited by Spikey M; 18-02-2022 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    39?

It's not just African footballers and Pakistani cricketers I guess.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vaccines.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The assiduous omission of any possible cause screams suicide.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm fairly certain it was suicide.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the last few years, the DUP suicide rate is surprisingly low.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interbreeding is also a big thing up there.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs will get a £2,212 pay rise on 1 April, seeing an MP's basic salary go up to £84,144 a year.

The 2.7% rise will come in the same week that millions of workers see their wages hit by a National Insurance increase.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they shouldn't have voted for cunts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turns out John Bercow is class.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since when has David Cameron had an HGV licence?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crowd were referencing the events of five months ago, which saw Conservative MPs block a bid to outlaw ‘fire and rehire’.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishi has cut fuel duty by 5p effective 6pm tonight. I bet my house on fuel prices not being 5p cheaper when I tank in the morning. Just more profit for the boys. Also I hope they don't gradually put this 5p back on because the rules on red are changing massively next month, meaning a lot of businesses now need white, so the duty income will go up massively anyway.

Also income tax going from 20% by 19% by 2024.

NI threshold going up £3k which helps the lower paid. Less facepalm.
    Last edited by Ben; 23-03-2022 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Rishi has cut fuel duty by 5p effective 6pm tonight. I bet my house on fuel prices not being 5p cheaper when I tank in the morning. Just more profit for the boys. Also I hope they don't gradually put this 5p back on because the rules on red are changing massively next month, meaning a lot of businesses now need white, so the duty income will go up massively anyway.

Also income tax going from 20% by 19% by 2024.

NI threshold going up £3k which helps the lower paid. Less facepalm.
    https://news.sky.com/story/asda-to-r...-duty-12573391

Asda are doing it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reducing by 6p shows how much more profit they've been holding onto recently. Oil makes up only 35% of the cost of petrol.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all fuel duty isn't it? That's how they reduce it, although I'm not sure it's the most effective use of six billion quid if your intention is to help as many people as possible. They would have been better off reducing National Insurance further or servicing the borrowing for a giant handout to landlords and pensioners. Another stamp duty holiday perhaps, or quadrupling the winter fuel allowance.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    57% goes to Her Majesty, yeah.

And you're right that they're massively hitting themselves in the pocket but only saving us £2 a pop at the pump. But once again the optics from this will be good, which is all they seem to care about. Brain dead Government.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to do a lame gag about how they should cut VAT on stannah stairlifts and walk-in baths, but I see those things are already VAT exempt.

Landline phone installation? Werthers Originals? There can't be much left on the shelf.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I was going to do a lame gag about how they should cut VAT on stannah stairlifts and walk-in baths, but I see those things are already VAT exempt.
    Of course they are.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, they will get their triple lock increase. Solar panels being VAT-free might be interesting. I have a top floor flat. Could I get them just for me, or would everyone have the right to cry about me ballin' off 'their' roof?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of VAT, remember when it used to be 15%? Still, thanks for the income tax break, Rishi.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The service station I drive past to and from work was 181.9 this morning, and 185.9 on my way home. So even if they knock off the 5p tomorrow, they're still going to make 4p more than they did this morning. Capitalism is a scam.

Having said that, it doesn't really matter what fuel duty is. This whole kerfuffle can be blamed on the Tories stretching back to that shite Cameron coalition. Absolutely no long term economic strategy and campaigning for silly shit like Brexit completely tanked The Queen's Sterling from pretty much 2:1 against the USD to 1.3:1 today. Oil is bought in dollars so that is the problem; it hit $140 in 2008 and consistently $120 in 2011 and we still paid below £1.50.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You haven't got two dollars for a pound since 2007, and that was hardly a stable exchange rate. We haven't had a pro-growth government since John Major was in office, so, as terrible as the coalition were, the problems facing the country never started with them.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The automatic petrol station near me was still at 174 for diesel this evening. It was that last week as well. It's higher than the other petrol stations around too for some reason, despite them presumably having less overheads since they don't have any staff or anything.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point stands that Dave onwards have basically added 25p a litre on fuel due to exchange rates on oil and tertiary costs of production rocketing thanks to destroying our standing globally and selling off every asset they can.
    Last edited by Ben; 23-03-2022 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    You haven't got two dollars for a pound since 2007, and that was hardly a stable exchange rate. We haven't had a pro-growth government since John Major was in office, so, as terrible as the coalition were, the problems facing the country never started with them.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He made everything worse and should be hanged.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My takeaway of the last few years has been that, ultimately we're a dying empire desperately clinging onto relevance in a world that doesn't really need us. We probably need to get used to things getting worse.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm no fan of Keir Starmer and his New Labour cosplayers but how the fuck is the current government not extremely unpopular?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recency bias. Boris gets a pass on his two years of corruption and incompetence because there's a war going on and he's perceived as being tough (he isn't) on Russia.

Blows my mind as well but remember all those silly cunts you encounter every day have the same voting power as you and I.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point Putin has saved Boris massively he was in a death spiral before the war started but the last four weeks nothing else has been on the news. No one is even asking now if he has been fined over the 'parties' and I get the distinct impression that it will all be swept under the carpet.

I think the problem with Starmer is that he just waits for the Tories to make mistakes give them enough rope and they will hang themselves. There is never anything related to potential policies or what they would do if they were in government. This morning on the radio I think it was David Lammy being interviewed and the interviewer said something along the lines of 'you don't agree with cuts to Universal Credit, you don't agree with increase in the national insurance, you think the government should be doing more with the cost of living.' but there are never any actual even floating of ideas of what they would do to make things better.

All the while Boris knocks 5p off a litre of fuel and plays to the retards who save £2 on a tank of fuel and think that's a good thing. What would be better is saying we perhaps wouldn't do that but we would use that extra money that is being generated to invest in sources of fuel that aren't so reliant on the world economy because everyone would be better off in the long term if we did that. It's not even as if you have to cost it, it's just showing that you are thinking differently to the current shower of shite.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At its most basic level, the Conservative Party at least pretends to want to lock up criminals and sort immigration out and whatever else Brexit-inclined voters care about (Brexit as well). The Labour Party doesn't.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    At its most basic level, the Conservative Party at least pretends to want to lock up criminals and sort immigration out and whatever else Brexit-inclined voters care about (Brexit as well). The Labour Party doesn't.
    I'm not some kind of leftist nut but it has been shown that just locking up criminals is not the answer helping them get out of any spiral that they are in is the answer.

As for immigration I never understand why it's so important who gives a shit where people come from as long as they work? I'd much rather have a party in charge who wanted to deal with the actual problems in the country like shit infrastructure, the massive black hole that is the NHS and making it so that people aren't so reliant on benefits to live day to day. I say that as someone who has voted Tory in the past and who will probably vote Tory in the future once my MP isn't Liz Fucking Truss.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Nah mate. Then it doesn't feel like BRITAIN ANYMORE." <slams pint glass>

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure the labour party is ever going to be the solution to 'the massive black hole that is the NHS'.

But then not sure any political entity is, or ever will be now.

As with everything we can just blame it on the 24 hour news cycle/Tony Blair.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The country is deeply, deeply fucking stupid and have a memory about 2 weeks long. We will be stuck with this shower of cunts for the foreseeable.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every country kind of is. I was chatting to erm ... I think he was an SF Port Authority bloke and he was giving me his hot take on Putin's war.

"He wants THE TECHNOLOGY. Just like Trump was after THE TECHNOLOGY."

So my conclusion is everyone really wants that jetpack.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Emia View Post
    I'm not some kind of leftist nut but it has been shown that just locking up criminals is not the answer helping them get out of any spiral that they are in is the answer.

As for immigration I never understand why it's so important who gives a shit where people come from as long as they work? I'd much rather have a party in charge who wanted to deal with the actual problems in the country like shit infrastructure, the massive black hole that is the NHS and making it so that people aren't so reliant on benefits to live day to day. I say that as someone who has voted Tory in the past and who will probably vote Tory in the future once my MP isn't Liz Fucking Truss.
    No party wants to deal with the actual things dragging the country down because of cost and NIMBYs, and they're both generally committed to pissing money up the wall on whatever the newspapers are onto that week, so you're left with crime and immigration (and Brexit loose ends like war with Ireland) being the most obvious dividing line between the two.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And some problems are a bitch to fix, even when you think there's a fix available. Take San Francisco's approach to the homeless shitting in the street. So they put up plenty of public toilets that are free to access. That'll stop them and save them precious water from spraying the sidewalks down.

They still shit in the street. They still have to hose the streets.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Every country kind of is. I was chatting to erm ... I think he was an SF Port Authority bloke and he was giving me his hot take on Putin's war.

"He wants THE TECHNOLOGY. Just like Trump was after THE TECHNOLOGY."

So my conclusion is everyone really wants that jetpack.
    Not sure the US is a great example in proving that every country is stupid, tbf. That one has been known for a long time.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at TTH, though. Queensland has his bogans, John Arne has his Asian authoritarian supervillains, Jimmy has the Irish tractor mob and the South Korean weirdos, etc. Globally, everywhere is thick. It's not a nationality thing, it's a mentality.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone actually seen any filling stations that have reduced their prices (other than supermarkets as I wouldn't put their shite in my car)?

I'm back home today and thought it might be cheaper to fill up here than in Belfast but everywhere seems to be as expensive if not more so.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asda did by 6p. Shell have by 3p but they put it up 5p yesterday morning in anticipation so really they didn't. BP just played the complete ballbags and left it as is. No other experience thus far.

Once again, bullshit.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re all around 10-15 cent lower here that the height of it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the supermarket fuel inferiority theory proven false?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. It's all the same. Although your "premiums" at BP etc. do have extra additives to cleanse your fuel pump and other things. Worth it once in a while for a diesel for example.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad's worked in the motor trade for years and says it's always causing problems and told me to stay away from it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a myth. It’s not like supermarkets are capable of producing their own fuel, it comes from the same place. People are wary because it’s cheaper but that’s just because supermarkets are able to use fuel as a loss leader to get you in their shop.