User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 156 of 260 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,800 of 12973

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Labour fan (that's the best way of describing him, he's one of these people who treats the party they vote for like the football team they support) just said he's "quietly confident" of a Labour win.

He's kidding himself.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Labour win is impossible. A hung parliament and Jeremy somehow cobbling together every non-Tory behind him (though good luck to him getting the 10 DUP onside) is possible, maybe the fanbase are classing this as a win.

Would last about ten minutes and then we could have another election in February.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 11-12-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I have been predicting a 30 - 40 Conservative majority since the start of the campaigns and have seen nothing so far that will change my mind.
    Personally I have it less than that. 10/15

If it gets to 40 then Corbz has had a nightmare.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now they're telling reporters to fuck off. The mask slipped quite significantly over the past couple of days.

Is the pressure getting to the scum?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weren't the Conservatives meant to get a majority in the last election then ended up weaker?

I think huge swathes of people underestimate what goes on further than their area which is why Brexit seemed to be a surprise to many yet even before the referendum I barely heard anyone talking about remaining and that's when I was between Flintshire, Wales and Richmond, London. It's the same now, I don't hear many saying they will vote for conservatives having just moved back from Abingdon which is a Lib Dem seat (I think).

It all confuses me but I still see Corbyn being the PM in the next few days but if not this election then the next and I think that'll be all she wrote for the conservatives as a party, I reckon.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Weren't the Conservatives meant to get a majority in the last election then ended up weaker?

I think huge swathes of people underestimate what goes on further than their area which is why Brexit seemed to be a surprise to many yet even before the referendum I barely heard anyone talking about remaining and that's when I was between Flintshire, Wales and Richmond, London. It's the same now, I don't hear many saying they will vote for conservatives having just moved back from Abingdon which is a Lib Dem seat (I think).

It all confuses me but I still see Corbyn being the PM in the next few days but if not this election then the next and I think that'll be all she wrote for the conservatives as a party, I reckon.
    Someone else might be able to confirm but I don't think the Conservative lead was this big at this stage of the 2017 campaign.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no way Corbyn will stay another 5 years if he doesn't win.

Correct on the Tories though. Everyone should listen to JOB's interview with Hestletine. They're going nowhere - not even the party of business any more, they're the party of hedge funds and billionaires.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming they don't win this one then Labour really should be breezing the next election on simple length of being in opposition basis alone, assuming they don't replace their incumbent idiot in chief with an equally feckless one. Also assuming the next election isn't in a few months.

Jeremy clinging on is going to be funny though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a Hung Parliament with numbers that would only 'work' if Labour and the Conservatives work together would give me the most lol for my buck.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brexit aside, the current Conservative Party is basically what Michael Heseltine wanted for it, so ignore that sad bastard.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Labours odds for a minority keep shortening. Imagine. Just imagine.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura K casually admitting electoral fraud is quite funny. Get her in the sea.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to work out how many seats Labour would need to have a decent shot at governing. 326 is a majority, 325 without the speaker, and if Sinn Fein get the expected six that goes down to 322. The SNP should win around 40 seats and they will definitely prop up Labour (although I'm not really sure why, strategy-wise). That would take Jezza's target down to around 282.

The Lib Dems are more complicated as they have gone in hard on the leftists, but given a People's Vote (groan) they would probably fall into line. I have them at around 16-18 seats. Plaid and the Greens should be steady at four between them, and the various Northern Irish patsies contribute a couple more. I'll give out one bonus seat in case something random happens like Gauke or Grieve, or that indie in Cornwall winning.

As such I think the minimum he will need to govern will be around 260 Labour seats. To have any degree of comfort he will need 270+, really. Keeping all that lot above in line will be a bloody nightmare. Given his IRA history I cannot see any scenario where the expected 9-10 DUP would back him, so he would be up against both numbers and an opposition Tory party that is larger than his own. I'd kind of quite like to see it happen just for the lols.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Trying to work out how many seats Labour would need to have a decent shot at governing. 326 is a majority, 325 without the speaker, and if Sinn Fein get the expected six that goes down to 322. The SNP should win around 40 seats and they will definitely prop up Labour (although I'm not really sure why, strategy-wise). That would take Jezza's target down to around 282.

The Lib Dems are more complicated as they have gone in hard on the leftists, but given a People's Vote (groan) they would probably fall into line. I have them at around 16-18 seats. Plaid and the Greens should be steady at four between them, and the various Northern Irish patsies contribute a couple more. I'll give out one bonus seat in case something random happens like Gauke or Grieve, or that indie in Cornwall winning.

As such I think the minimum he will need to govern will be around 260 Labour seats. To have any degree of comfort he will need 270+, really. Keeping all that lot above in line will be a bloody nightmare. Given his IRA history I cannot see any scenario where the expected 9-10 DUP would back him, so he would be up against both numbers and an opposition Tory party that is larger than his own. I'd kind of quite like to see it happen just for the lols.
    Probably just has to hang together for a few weeks to cobble something together and have another referendum to stay in the EU, though. I can't see the LibDems allowing Corbyn to govern beyond that. Although seeing that their arrangement would be time-limited and the SNP require him to stick around for a bit longer, there's a problem with that too.

Not looking that good, then. I might have to content myself with seeing Dominic Raab or IDS reduced to tears.
    Last edited by Henry; 12-12-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who will win Sylvia's seat?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are peerages some form of weird bribe used on people?

Do you get cash from it in some way?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cash for peerage was going on under Blair, wasn't it?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get attendance allowances, but the relevance plus access probably pays more.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's every bit as impartial as the BBC itself.

I watched the QT U30's yesterday and the best thing to come from it is making it a criminal offence for MP's who spout bollocks and deceive. It won't happen because there will be none left but the good ones are few and far between. No one believes a word that any of them say and that's dangerous.

It will get worse and people will become further disillusioned. I feel that we'll be rioting in a few years and the army will be forced to patrol the streets. I'm convinced of it, in fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    We don't do that kind of civil unrest, Smiffy.
    I said at the time that leaving the EU was only half the issue, the bigger issues were closer to home with our own shitty government(s). If I knew then what I know now, that we still hadn't left and we'd have gone through Cameron, May and now Johnson whilst Jeremy fucking Corbyn does the square root of fuck and that's without mentioning the absolute drivel we've been subjected to in the media, PMQ, Question Time etc. I won't pretend to know much about all this political business but I know enough to know that whatever happens, leave or remain, this country is well and truly fucked. There is nothing great about Great Britain, it is a sad pathetic country in reality.
    Aged well.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good decision there. That entire episode was disgraceful from Watson. You can't go round claiming paedophiles are wide-rife, while simultaneously withholding the evidence.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aged well.
    Erm ... what?

Also, this.
    Last edited by Shindig; 01-06-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Erm ... what?

Also, this.
    Also. This?

As far as Cumming goes I am not that bothered that he may or may not have broken the rules but I am bothered about the fallout and how it's led to rushing things. Sacked, resigned, I'd have taken a suspension just so the focus could have gone back what actually mattered but since then it just seems to have highlighted how suspect the cabinet inparticular is, how useless BJ is and how powerful someone who's unelected by anyone of us actually is.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris with his big balls.

Boris Johnson says 3m people in Hong Kong will get path to British citizenship
    PM offered to make what he says would be one of the "biggest changes" in the history of the British visa system
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-path-british/

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do we stand to gain from that?

I'm not having that Boris is worried about it on the basis of democracy or human suffering.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're generally highly educated, 'high value' folk, I believe. Points system ding ding ding etc.

Isn't this a policy/reaction Lewis specifically advocated back when they were camping in the airport?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    How do we stand to gain from that?

I'm not having that Boris is worried about it on the basis of democracy or human suffering.
    It's not necessarily democracy or human suffering (maybe some of the former), but he loves a grand gesture and this would be one.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we have existing obligations then we should uphold them, but I don't see how permanently taking three million people in is any sort of good idea. We would need to be spreading that around a bit and freezing all other immigration with it. These wheezes about shoving them all in one place and telling them to make a new Hong Kong are interesting though. They could have Sunk Island, or fence off some of the Northern Ireland borderlands for them with Union Jack bunting.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will for sure take a good chunk.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    If we have existing obligations then we should uphold them, but I don't see how permanently taking three million people in is any sort of good idea. We would need to be spreading that around a bit and freezing all other immigration with it. These wheezes about shoving them all in one place and telling them to make a new Hong Kong are interesting though. They could have Sunk Island, or fence off some of the Northern Ireland borderlands for them with Union Jack bunting.
    Just give them Wales.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t most of Scotland empty?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can have the Northern Territory.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Isn’t most of Scotland empty?
    Yes, but for good reason.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...speech-commons

Absolute fucking morons. Dragged them all in just so Boris would have some cheerleaders and one of them shows up with Coronavirus. Which is...exactly the point of not going into work when you're ill.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can almost see the COVID in his veins

Iran heath minister did it better still, literally toweling himself off whilst playing down the virus.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These lads don't do days off.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleast if Boris gets it again it'll answer the Immunity question.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luis at the ready.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tAkInG bAcK cOnTrOl

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like I could have written this 'Russia Report'. Other than recognising the inherent dodginess of wealthy Russians it's just a load of open-source wank and wondering what to do about things we've been wondering to do about for a hundred years. THEY HAVE A SPHERE OF INFLUENCE. Oh really?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an interesting bit in Appendix 7b (Section 4, page 219) where it says they have bears there and it's cold in winter.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the response from Christopher 'Fred Holroyd' Steele speculating why actual intelligence services never bothered pursuing his work.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russia is a land of contrasts.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tories are proper cunts with these 'payrises'. A reward for front line doctors for covid which only actually applies to consultants and for teachers but it has to come out of the existing ravaged school budgets.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could've stopped typing after five words.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cousin's fiance is a nurse and has gone from a bit of a shy Tory to wanting Boris hanged from Tower Bridge while Corbyn storms parliament over the last couple of days.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    The Tories are proper cunts with these 'payrises'. A reward for front line doctors for covid which only actually applies to consultants and for teachers but it has to come out of the existing ravaged school budgets.
    What the fuck have teachers done to deserve it anyway?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teach throughout the pandemic?