User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 168 of 260 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,400 of 12973

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    You piece of shit, Rishi. Brown on brown crime.

PS. Why? Is it limited to being your only property?
    What possible reason would a policy dubbed as being a helping hand for renters to get on the property market be open for second homes? It is open to existing home owners who want to move house, presumably to stimulate movement and free up houses lower on the ladder. But letting people just buy additional homes would defeat the point, wouldn't it?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's on about housing benefit fraud. They're all at it.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    What possible reason would a policy dubbed as being a helping hand for renters to get on the property market be open for second homes? It is open to existing home owners who want to move house, presumably to stimulate movement and free up houses lower on the ladder. But letting people just buy additional homes would defeat the point, wouldn't it?
    It's obviously not targeted at my rare circumstances but it's all about the restrictions they stick in place. I'd be taking out a residential mortgage rather than a B2L on it so it's not like I'm saying the scheme might be opened up to all investors.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

This picture really is the best of the best, and even more so when you realise that it was commissioned by Sunak in order not to make him seem quite as short as he really is.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted that on the last page you bastard.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post

1 step between each of them, but 3 between Rishi and his mate.
    Now laugh.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a normal size lunchbox he's holding, the matching drink flask is just out of shot.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted that on the last page you bastard.
    My browser filters out all photos from Essex IPs for reasons of taste.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one, Jimmy.

This is why you're better than wasters like Spikey.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I can think of a witty retort you'll all be for it. Just you wait.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is brilliant, thanks Jimmy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy nearest the Coke addict and third from bottom are surely the same person?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glitch in the matrix.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Secure. Protect. Rebuild.

They openly attack him at every opportunity, but have the Labour Party actually gone and hired Deadly Dom on the sly?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised there's no fuss on here about the latest Tory bill which is effectively banning protest and criminalising travellers if there is a "suspicion" of wrong doing. This is a dangerous government drunk on power.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah going to sleepwalk through no doubt, just the start of the shit storm I fear when they get going on post covid stuff like TUPE etc.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to me that all it really does is roll a bunch of existing laws that either aren't or are selectively enforced into slightly easier to quote ones, so the idea that they're suddenly going to start clobbering Extinction Rebellion knobheads seems a bit far fetched. Similarly, they already prevent individual protests on all sorts of wanky grounds if the person involved is sufficiently low-status, so people suddenly realising that we're not particularly serious about freedom of expression... Meanwhile, longer sentences for nonces. It's a tough one.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm sure they won't use this to their advantage against any legitimate protest. Part of this is because the Brexit protests upset the MPs.

They don't send nonces to prison anyway if you hadn't noticed, still think that is part of the push to lower prison violence under Rory the Tory's stint. So longer sentences doesn't mean much when they are just sent home with no internet capable devices.

Meanwhile jealous teenage boyfriends who murder their ex girlfriends get sentenced to less than the proposed sentence for banging a drum outside parliament calling politicians cunts.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but what's the point worrying about a few dead women when there are people out there saying mean things about the government?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Yeah I'm sure they won't use this to their advantage against any legitimate protest. Part of this is because the Brexit protests upset the MPs.

They don't send nonces to prison anyway if you hadn't noticed, still think that is part of the push to lower prison violence under Rory the Tory's stint. So longer sentences doesn't mean much when they are just sent home with no internet capable devices.

Meanwhile jealous teenage boyfriends who murder their ex girlfriends get sentenced to less than the proposed sentence for banging a drum outside parliament calling politicians cunts.
    In other words then, protest/speech laws are already shit (and selectively applied) and sentences should be longer. Yeah.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always tagged you as a liberal.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying our laws around any sort of expression are good. I just don't see how the provisions in this bill make them worse. When Tommy Robinson was a thing he couldn't go anywhere without being shuffled on under spurious public order laws, so the powers were always there for unfashionable stuff. As for crime generally, I think we criminalise too many things (or at least put people away for too much shit), but I can't see a downside to locking [habitually] violent people up for longer.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on sentences for 'proper' criminals being beefed up but let's be honest, the sentence isn't a deterrent and they never serve the full term if any because the prisons are rammed.

The solution to preventing these types of crime is probably complex, expensive and time consuming so just get a think tank to recommend making a 10 year tariff up to 15.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anything is liable to deter or prevent the worst of them, so sentencing them is merely a case of keeping them away from decent people for as long as possible (preferably forever in many cases).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And longer sentences up the odds on a real piece of work filling them in.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I'm not saying our laws around any sort of expression are good. I just don't see how the provisions in this bill make them worse. When Tommy Robinson was a thing he couldn't go anywhere without being shuffled on under spurious public order laws, so the powers were always there for unfashionable stuff. As for crime generally, I think we criminalise too many things (or at least put people away for too much shit), but I can't see a downside to locking [habitually] violent people up for longer.
    Because he had a criminal record. He was on parole for assault. Yet in the next sentence you advocate for locking up the man who’s free speech you champion. I don’t mean to pick you up on it after my last post but your positions diametrically oppose one another.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is one of those things relevant to the other?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    How is one of those things relevant to the other?
    Unless you think that the people who committed violent crimes should be locked up for longer and then upon release, be completely unsupervised. It makes no sense?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would need to be convinced that licence conditions should be able to prevent people protesting on the basis that if somebody was that much of a threat then they shouldn't be out on licence in the first place. I'm not talking about a specific incident anyway. English Defence League beanos (rather than him personally) were regularly banned because the police requested it and the government could justify it, and then there were these ridiculous examples. Note the 'insufficient evidence' verdict there, not that they didn't have the power to put all sorts of restrictions on protests to begin with. I think he got away with that one by claiming not to have been aware of the conditions, which is something the new bill has an answer for by saying people can be held responsible if they should have known something, and that strikes me as a bit suspect.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair the EDL stuff was banned not even because of the politics (though that was a nice easy win) but because it was basically a football hooliganism revival movement where they took over an area getting pissed up and making a racket, which was a headache for the local police.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salmond creating a new party to split the SNP's vote is properly lol. Might give Labour a fighting chance at the next election too.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not with Keir at the wheel, the Blairite plebs banged the drum about Corbyn's election defeat, I think the current policy of alienating the socially progressive Labour supporters in order to attract the people who are already voting Tory and getting what they wanted is going to be looked back at in a few years time as going full Swinson.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salmond creating a new party to split the SNP's vote is properly lol. Might give Labour a fighting chance at the next election too.
    It's unsure if it will split or allow for more SNP via the regional MP method. The below has an attempt to explain it better than me:

https://twitter.com/Mike_Blackley/st...313778692?s=19

Big ego trip for Salmond though.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Keir 'Sir Keir Starmer' Starmer is an absolute sub-Miliband loser but he is also the least of their problems. The entire movement has a whiff (rightly or wrongly) of not liking the country very much, and if the Conservative Party are just as happy as them to piss money up the wall then they might as well just rename themselves the Soft on Crime Party and save themselves the embarrassment.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Labour have been long term borked ever since Tony Blair smarmed away the base. They still haven't even come close to resolving the tension between the traditional provincial base (who instead of working down mines, now work in call centres / warehouses etc) and the London left intelligentsia / ethnic minorities city alliance. Until they do, they're not getting in.

The main problem with Starmer is that the public will never warm to him. He quite evidently doesn't have a sense of humour, that will be as fatal a flaw for him as it was for Brown. Boris might be a twat but for all the posh blathering, people ultimately see him as being a bit like them - bit snide, likes a drink, likes a shag, gwan my son. They'll always take that over a technocrat bore. The last Labour leader with a sense of humour was Tony (E.Miliband only pretends to have one now the pressure is off).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starmer seems to be totally hopeless.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, I've barely seen him outside the context of a global pandemic. Probably not the best time to crack wise. Although that never stopped Boris. You may have a point.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Starmer seems to be totally hopeless.
    Annoyingly he's quite good when I see him on PMQ's. He routinely makes BoJo look like a mong. Which, isn't the toughest task, granted.

But have they actually opposed anything that's been voted on in Parliament yet? They're meant to be the opposition but I'm yet to see them oppose anything. They abstained from the vote to extend the CoronaVirus Act through to September the other day FFS. That should be bread and butter opposition work.

"Oh you want to extend your newly acquired powers? We can't support that!"

So do we vote it down Sir?

"Woah, whoa, whoa, let's not go crazy"

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starmer is a whiny bitch. Get rid.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who for though? They're all shit.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annoyingly he's quite good when I see him on PMQ's. He routinely makes BoJo look like a mong. Which, isn't the toughest task, granted.

But have they actually opposed anything that's been voted on in Parliament yet? They're meant to be the opposition but I'm yet to see them oppose anything. They abstained from the vote to extend the CoronaVirus Act through to September the other day FFS. That should be bread and butter opposition work.

"Oh you want to extend your newly acquired powers? We can't support that!"

So do we vote it down Sir?

"Woah, whoa, whoa, let's not go crazy"

Yeah this is my point, he sometimes makes a show of HOLDING THE GOVERNMENT TO ACCOUNT but he's not actually doing it in any meaningful way and then not infrequently just backs what they're doing.

It really wouldn't be hard to give this government a proper shoeing over legitimate concerns but he just doesn't do it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starmer looks alright to me and far better than that absolute fraud before.

Problem he has is that there isn't much to criticise the government about at the moment. The only real thing on the agenda of any importance is getting COVID sorted and they're nailing that now. 6 months ago was a different story, but now...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's playing the long game because he knows that appeasing Twitter/the online left/north London is not an election winning strategy.

However I'm not sure he knows how to get the base back, other than hoping for Tory fatigue (which may be as good a play as any, tbh).

What he does need to do is cultivate some bigger names alongside him - I don't know who the fuck any of his main spokespeople are, so the average voters hasn't a hope.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their only hope in the medium-term is people turning to them out of desperation following some sort of economic collapse, because, even if they won the 'Red Wall' back, without Scotland they need to win half (most?) of small town England and they simply can't.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The details of these Boris Johnson affair 'revelations' are so on-brand as to make you wonder whether he released them himself to remind people what he's all about after a difficult year.

Population VACCINATED
    Football COMING HOME
    Boris SHAGGING

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely £126k isn't worth spending four years pretending to find Johnson attractive.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Especially when she seems to have been badly aged by the ordeal. I always thought she was well into her forties.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have asked women - all of them - what it is that (some) women see in Boris, and the answers are split 50/50 between 'Nothing. ugh' and 'I dunno, man, it's the power, the presence...'

Guessing this one fell in the latter camp.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody would take £31,500 per year for that. Poor cow.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I have asked women - all of them - what it is that (some) women see in Boris, and the answers are split 50/50 between 'Nothing. ugh' and 'I dunno, man, it's the power, the presence...'

Guessing this one fell in the latter camp.
    It's pointless trying to understand them Jim. Pointless.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...t-bald-man/amp