User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 96 of 260 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,800 of 12973

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea that Ireland ought to leave with the UK isn't actually a bad one, seeing as we do far more trade with the UK than EU. But suggesting it in current circumstances is unspeakably arrogant.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No we're not you, unless you think I'm Northern Irish for some reason. But trust me, we have become very very different from you in a relatively short space of time, we'll we'll torch the place before ever joining what you lot still believe is an empire.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even Tommy Robinson's least educated mate still believes we have an empire.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is some top quality seething Giggs.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact it'll never happen always stops it getting anywhere near a seethe. I do find the suggestion offensive though and an just glad decisions aren't made by faux Irish like Henry.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no more a citizen of the United Kingdom than you. That does not mean that the people of these little islands, and your bigger island don't share significant economic, historical and cultural links which simply don't exist between the Republic and its 25 matey nations in the vestigial EU.

Its arrogant, but Ireland would probably be better served to use this as a pretext to bail (although being in the Eurozone negates that possibility) before it starts having to pay in a lot more post 2021.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst thing the EU ever did was letting all the poor countries in. In fact, de Gaulle was probably onto something, they shouldn't have let us in either. The EEC is a very specific mechanism to prevent war between France and Germany which had raged ceaselessly for centuries before it. It serves no other real purpose.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The worst thing the EU ever did was letting all the poor countries in. In fact, de Gaulle was probably onto something, they shouldn't have let us in either. The EEC is a very specific mechanism to prevent war between France and Germany which had raged ceaselessly for centuries before it. It serves no other real purpose.
    There's no point in it without "the poor countries". All of the surplus economies need a market for their goods.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How our idiots have fell for all of this Irish border stuff is maddening (not to mention proof that we need to leave to blow all of our institutions up), and why I seem to recall saying that Theresa May should have been chucked as soon as she went for their 'backstop'. Which part of the Good Friday Agreement committed us to being in a customs union with Ireland for all time? I've read it, and the only border stuff I can find is the Irish accepting it, so then you're left with the pre-European Union Common Travel Area and what? Anyone who doesn't think there are 'checks' at the border as it currently stands really ought to be coining it in running agricultural diesel between the countries, but for some reason they're on Twitter all day talking shit.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    How our idiots have fell for all of this Irish border stuff is maddening (not to mention proof that we need to leave to blow all of our institutions up), and why I seem to recall saying that Theresa May should have been chucked as soon as she went for their 'backstop'. Which part of the Good Friday Agreement committed us to being in a customs union with Ireland for all time? I've read it, and the only border stuff I can find is the Irish accepting it, so then you're left with the pre-European Union Common Travel Area and what? Anyone who doesn't think there are 'checks' at the border as it currently stands really ought to be coining it in running agricultural diesel between the countries, but for some reason they're on Twitter all day talking shit.
    'coining' it by running diesel across the border is absolutely massive.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to do a deal with some tosser in (London)derry the other day who tried to fob me off to send his refurb engine to some shack in Donegal so he could then run it over the border himself, thus avoiding VAT. I told him I regretted to inform him that his company is registered in the UK and so he can take the goods into there from Neptune if he likes, but he's still paying tax on them.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I mean. The border is already there on tax, regulations, immigration status... And yet somehow people have convinced themselves that stopping a few more lorries for a poke around is going to bring the IRA back (an idea that, as well as being stupid in practice, also serves to hand them a veto over our constitutional settlement - something I don't think made the final text of the Good Friday Agreement). This 'frictionless trade' meme has done it. We can't have a Canada-style free trade agreement because it 'can't guarantee frictionless trade'. Then we can't have border controls either you fucking dickhead.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard Brexit Tories will use a Commons vote to try to overturn Home Office plans to ban high-powered military-grade rifles in a show of political defiance aimed at Theresa May.

Police want the .50 calibre or higher weapons – which can immobilise a vehicle or truck from a mile away – banned because they fear a terrorist who got hold of one would be impossible to defend against.

But 35 Tory MPs – many of whom are understood to be members of the European Research Group (ERG) – have decided to back an amendment to block the proposed ban.

Legalising high caliber weapons to own the libs.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In what sense are they not banned at the moment?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Nick Clegg has just been hired by Facebook to run their global communications.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ERG are fucking morons and worse, they are TERRIBLE at realpolitik. Leave only squeaked the referendum because against all the odds, Deadly Dom managed to sideline all those cunts.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're obviously not aware of what you have to go through to not just acquire but then to keep one of those weapons. It would be exponentially easier to bring weapons into the country than it would be to get your hands on one legally let alone finding one to steal.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Theresa has bossed her way to Soft Brexit Paradise. Watch the pound jump about three dollars on Monday morning.

Can't wait for everyone to seethe.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do wonder whether she is low-level mental in the Gordon Brown sense. Unless she knows loads of things we don't, her approach to this for at least a year has defied all explanation.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Banks is back in the news.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phats and Small.

I'm surprised DJs Luck and McNeat didn't have a similar position.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a deal fan. Come on the deal. My main motivation for being a deal fan is that it seems the quickest way to everyone shutting up.

That stance has only been emboldened by Tony Blair coming out of his cave to call it shit.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This making it through the cabinet, and then through parliament, and then through the EU and every bog-brained national parliament in Europe seems just about the least likely possibly outcome.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this doesn't go through it will be No Deal, which the illuminati won't allow to happen, in which case we'll Remain. So there's fun for all the family in any outcome.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't the Orange just scupper this by collapsing your government?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely going to get better before it gets worse, or the other way around, depending on your perspective.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Can't the Orange just scupper this by collapsing your government?
    It needs to get to a vote first, and even then it's likely the government are going to need support from outside their coalition to win it, so the DUP's position is somewhat diminished I'd say.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but without the Conservative ERG mob the coalition isn't winning anything without cross-bench support.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Yeah, but without the Conservative ERG mob the coalition isn't winning anything without cross-bench support.
    Aye I'd read your post wrong there. So is it all back to square one then?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For every whinnying far right traitor that votes against the government, they need an equally bonkers Labour person to vote for them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a deal fan. Come on the deal. My main motivation for being a deal fan is that it seems the quickest way to everyone shutting up.

That stance has only been emboldened by Tony Blair coming out of his cave to call it shit.
    I embraced this stance about 7 days after the vote, by refusing to give a fuck what happens.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's approved then.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now just needs to get past the Bastards.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which it won't unless Labour support it, which they won't (and would be stupid to). The interesting thing 'going forward' is that anyone still in the Cabinet has torched their leadership credentials with the party membership, so I'm not sure what is going through their minds throwing themselves behind it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case we'll be remaining. Well done, shitheads.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll get out eventually. If the Conservative Party has to die as part of that process then good.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they sink this on any kind of formal level, then No Deal becomes the only option and somebody will shoot that out of the sky (with a general election and/or another referendum). We're not going to leave on no deal terms, it would get to military coup stage.

We should really be doing Norway but sadly they appointed David Davis as secretary of this and he is literally a buffoon, added to which May has the political vision of a fig roll, so we've got ourselves into a right corner.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How wrong was I supporting her in 2016? Jesus. If she gets it through then she's the worst Prime Minister in modern history, and if she doesn't, and gets punted out, then she's merely the second worst. On a related note, Michael Gove proving himself to be a spineless little wank through all of this adds definite weight to the theory that his leadership tilt was not actually concerned with winning.

We'll tumble out and cobble some shit together.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty clear to me that his leadership bid was just suicide bombing Boris Johnson, either because he knew Boris was a twat, or more likely because his wife wanted to salvage dinner at the Camerons'.

The only way we're cobbling shit together is if the Tories the Tories the Tories stay in power, which they won't if no deal panic occurs. We're lucky Grey Guevara is in charge of Labour or else they'd have torpedoed it already.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is, nobody's waiting in the wings. Like, at all. Nobody fancies a shot at governing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw her speech in the gym with subtitles, but watching it now she looks and sounds shot to bits. She probably wants to be booted out.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole business is actually a brilliant conceit to leave the EU. Unfortunately everyone's too thick to realise it. Leaving was always going to happen (eventually), but probably further down the line than this (at least in the technocratic mind), but at the same time the longer something is left, the harder it is to do - so some weird botch where you have to extract yourself over the course of a couple of decades probably works quite well within the federal EU framework. We were never signing up to the Euro and or the Federal Superstate.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raab gone.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this deal doesn't go through, we're remaining.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice of the Conservatives to show how utterly incompetent they are when asked to do literally anything that isn't squeezing poor people for their remaining pennies though. Eight years of Coalition/Conservative Government and what is there to show for it?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Record 'employment' and 'stabilised' public finances? Is what they'd probably say anyway

And this specific incompetence is probably an act of great self-sacrifice, albeit self-inflicted and utterly idiotic. They should probably just make David Cameron commit seppuku on national tv and strike the last 3 years from the record.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't literally every non shit country have record employment atm? The US are down to record lows and look at the competent people in charge there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this deal doesn't go through, we're remaining.
    What is the actual deal on the table though?

I've read this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46212838 and I don't understand how it can be referred to as a deal when almost nothing seems to have been agreed.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one gone.