User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 259 of 261 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261 LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,950 of 13025

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to the party I know, but I'm not sure anything better sums up the mess we've gotten into as a country on race than Diane Abbott being the target of horrific racial abuse revelations while simultaneously being suspended from the labour party for.... being racist.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is, especially where the Labour Party is concerned, being accused of being racist (especially if Jews are involved) is basically a death sentence.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liking Diane Abbott has always been in my top 10 unpopular opinions. There are loads of worse cunts than her even among Labour left-wingers, so it's hard not to conclude that she enrages people for other reasons than what she says and does.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way she talks is quite annoying.

Like everything is said after a sharp intake of breath/could be about to burst into tears at any moment.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pantomime over this clown who donated all of that money to the Conservative Party is proper lol. If he had given them a hundred grand they would have re-paid it already, banished him forever, and legislated for the next monarch to be black; meanwhile, the people clamouring for the donation to be re-paid would be more forgiving of him if he had molested somebody but said sorry afterwards. The health people wanting his company blacklisted, when presumably it does a decent job at whatever it does, is a top run-in as well.

From what I remember ol' Diane was a bit hard done to getting canned by the Labour Party. Oh well. Can't stop progress.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either side doing their bs is what it is but it's all been enabled by yet more incredible absence of leadership and foresight.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are these whoppers even going to manage to make Opposition? Best call the election now before it gets even worse.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noteworthy that the votes they're losing aren't going to Labour and Sir Beer Korma might actually be slowly losing votes.

Perhaps one of our brave parties could take the revolutionary step of actually offering what the public want, rather than "more of the same, but less fraud".

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't totally rule out a scenario where PM Keir is being opposed by the scything legalistic mind of fellow knight of the realm Ed Davey.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    the revolutionary step of actually offering what the public want
    What do the public want?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    What do the public want?
    You would have to ask the public. It's obviously going to vary across different groups. I'm fairly sure nobody wants "more of the same" though. Our choice is currently limited to. The Tories again or Labour continuing what the Tories have done. Sir Beer has been very clear that we shouldn't expect sweeping changes.

Well, sweeping changes are what I want. Reduce inequality, nationalise water, trains, dentists etc and start building fucking houses again. Not everyone will agree on that. Others will want a huge cuts in immigration, some will want to rejoin the EU still, etc, etc, etc.

The point is, we have no option for any of that really. We have the Tories or The Tories in red. The Lib Dems, Greens and Reform offer a bit of a protest vote, but that's all. There's no real option for anyone that wants change of any real kind. Democracy is a scam.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose what I'm driving at, is we've completely moved away from the norm. It used to be straight forward.

Conservatives: small government, low tax, low spending, low funding for services.

Labour: Big government, high tax, high spending, good funding for services.

We've now fallen into a world where they both offer a muddled, worse of both offering. High tax, high spending, fuck all services.

There's no debate on how it should be or what should change. It just is what it is and the debate is around who will deliver it less shambolically.

The system is broken.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because most of it is outside the control of UK government and in the hands of, say, the strength of the US dollar, or who Putin decides to invade this week, or oil prices, or what happens to the Chinese manufacturing sector.

The more one frees oneself from the idea that we can control anything much in a holistic sense, the more you see the world in terms of small shifts making a bigger difference. Even changing the mood music from the current Tory rabble trying to justify tax cuts to Starmer's lot being a bit more people-focused will make a big difference, without scaring people like Foot and Corbyn's radical platforms did. Will it lead us to the sunlit uplands, no, but it might make many people feel a bit better for a while.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have to ask the public. It's obviously going to vary across different groups. I'm fairly sure nobody wants "more of the same" though. Our choice is currently limited to. The Tories again or Labour continuing what the Tories have done. Sir Beer has been very clear that we shouldn't expect sweeping changes.

Well, sweeping changes are what I want. Reduce inequality, nationalise water, trains, dentists etc and start building fucking houses again. Not everyone will agree on that. Others will want a huge cuts in immigration, some will want to rejoin the EU still, etc, etc, etc.

The point is, we have no option for any of that really. We have the Tories or The Tories in red. The Lib Dems, Greens and Reform offer a bit of a protest vote, but that's all. There's no real option for anyone that wants change of any real kind. Democracy is a scam.
    Anyone who offers what you say you want here will get murdered by the press. See 2019.

But you're right on the last sentence.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't really.

It's just the British populace, like any major developed nation, aren't really all that into the idea of radical reform, no matter how much of a right wing media conspiracy you think that prevalent view is the product of, so people who want to get elected tailor their offering to woo that 'small c conservative' majority that exists.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, sweeping changes are what I want. Reduce inequality, nationalise water, trains, dentists etc and start building fucking houses again.
    There was a chap quite recently who wanted to do that and got lolled out of politics.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    There was a chap quite recently who wanted to do that and got lolled out of politics.
    There was. If we could find another one that wasn't regularly photographed with Hamas leaders, then he may stand a chance. Corbyn made it easy for them.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To say the Great British Public can't stomach anything new and different, a million immigrants a year became normalised pretty quickly. The NHS started sterilising mentally ill kids without too much of a fuss. That teacher is still hiding from Muslims and nobody cares. If the last four years has taught us anything it's that most people barely think about anything other than in very superficial terms, so the trick is to just do things, refuse to accept that Sky News has a veto on appointments and policy, and then, assuming they can be shown to be working on some level, those things become normalised.

As a trivial example, if they had built that third runway at Heathrow, then what? It can't be un-built, so what good is voting Liberal Democrat after the event?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starmer, since he doesn't need their votes, should definitely go to war on the nimby tendency and build loads of stuff. If he doesn't it'll be pathetic.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you accept that certain developments would have lost the Conservative Party seats in the South East, and that there was no option but to build high-speed rail underground and make it cripplingly expensive, why haven't they built fifty thousand flats in Cambridge and Oxford? Why hasn't every Liberal Democrat constituency had a massive reservoir and/or an enormous prison dropped on it? There is literally no downside to these things, and the new inhabitants might even thank you for it with their votes. But no. Worthless.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Starmer, since he doesn't need their votes, should definitely go to war on the nimby tendency and build loads of stuff. If he doesn't it'll be pathetic.
    All the nimby cunts are usually in Tory/LD seats anyway so Starmer definitely needs to stick up a massive middle finger at them as the wagons roll in. Like Jeremy Irons in Die Hard with a Vengeance.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've no idea where all these Nimby's live, but wherever they are, if they've heard of water neutrality and/or Natural England then your wagon rolling plans are already fucked.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sort of stuff is easy to get around. The job I’m currently on at work is in a National Park so they’ve us capped to a measly 110 wagons per day.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anywhere the Lib Dems poll decent numbers. Almost failsafe guide. Bad, bad people, the contemporary Lib Dems, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Their days of being a harmless nothing party are gone, these days they are aggressive downward-punching class warriors.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sort of stuff is easy to get around. The job I’m currently on at work is in a National Park so they’ve us capped to a measly 110 wagons per day.
    I dunno, it seems to have massively borked house building down here and, yes whilst there are workarounds, it doesn't really strike me as something which is going to be easily surmountable in the build them build them build them housing policy landscape proposed.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the government could just change laws whenever it wanted?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wetlands > People

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to Building we need to just go full China. Just get on with it. If old people whine, stick them in a concentration camp and use them to create a .co.uk version of Temu ignore them. They'll likely only get one term anyway

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China's city building policies evidently the envy of the world.

The house building thing is quite interesting. I had no idea that so much of the land that ends up getting designated for development is government/quango owned already, and then, whilst planning I guess is an inherently local issue, delegating it to councils/local authorities just ends up with lol situations where the certain districts assign areas on their neighbouring area's borders as places to build shit loads of housing presumably knowing full well all of those houses will then drain on the other authority in terms of services.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the love of God. Election. Now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What even is that?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one's cool though, top bins. What a baller

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even get it. Have they just googled 'footie memes' and gone from there?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure but it definitely gives off Twickenham vibes.

The Super League one is bizarre. The only people that care about it know he had nothing to do with it and also it was like 2 years and 4 Prime Ministers ago.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's embarrassing to a level that I can't even find it funny anymore.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to the party and out of touch. It's very on-brand for them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Rishi cradling the ball like it's a rugby ball in that top bins one?

And is he in the process of some sort of high five or is he giving the crowd the cupping the ear celebration?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishimania is running wild.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 20-03-2024 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Rishimania is taking all the credit for the falling inflation today, just one month after Hunt blamed external forces for it not coming down as expected.

Does anyone buy their bullshit anymore?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I happen to know that Rishi personally went to the inflation head offices, took the bull by the horns and said right, that's enough, we simply cannot carry on like this.

Wonderful leadership.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then the bull said it was sorry.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Rishimania is taking all the credit for the falling inflation today, just one month after Hunt blamed external forces for it not coming down as expected.

Does anyone buy their bullshit anymore?
    External forces being them and the Bank of England not turning the taps off to cheap money in 2021 when every many and their dog could see that there was going to be an inflation issue.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My theory is that the conservative Twitter account is being run by someone who hates the tories. It’s the only way to explain how consistently pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could replace 'conservative Twitter account' with 'Conservative Party' there and it would be equally valid.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This WASPI stuff seems pretty lol. It all just seems to be well off boomers crying about having had to retire a few years later. "I had to sell the investment property I bought", boo fucking hoo.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't they just retiring at the same age as men now? Thus addressing the inequality they're so against?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've long had a theory about the boomers (probably read it somewhere originally, I'm not claiming authorship) that they spent their youths looking up to the ageing war generation who commanded instant respect, but when they themselves passed fifty and weren't accorded the same respect by the generation below - because rather than fighting through foxholes in Normandy to earn their deference, they just hopped on cheap housing and became rich - their minds were blown and have ultimately gone down the toilet in a kind of desperate childish reaction.

The more you read 20th/21st century history, the more you realise that basically all of it is to do with the second world war, and still is.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    This WASPI stuff seems pretty lol. It all just seems to be well off boomers crying about having had to retire a few years later. "I had to sell the investment property I bought", boo fucking hoo.
    I would like somebody to ask them all how/whether they consider it compared to kids who left school just before tuition fees either came in/were increased.

Fortunately, the sheer cost of paying them all off will likely leave them hanging, because otherwise any government would absolutely have folded on first contact with a bunch of organised entitled twats like this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full French level fuckery, please lads.