User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBox One Thread

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XBox One Thread

What's the crack with backwards compatibility? Is it happening, has it happened?

And when it does, can I transfer my saves across from my 360?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to happening from November onwards. The beta's been running since June. I think if you save your 360 games in the cloud you'll be able to access them.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Cjay.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume more titles are going to be announced in the coming months. The list seems kind of underwhelming so far. Although, saying that, we traded in all our 360 games bar Skyrim so it won't effect me much.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've still got most of mine, albeit with the 500GB wanky hard drive size of the XB1 I'm going to have to piss about hooking up an external one in the very near future.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been thinking of getting a One lately, and with my birthday being in November I reckon that'll be when I actually take the plunge. Plus it gives me a month to try to get a couple more 360 games finished.

I was initially thinking of getting an Elite console, but it seems a bit pointless having looked into it a bit more, so it'll probably just be a general 1TB bundle. Do games downloaded on 360 work on the One? I know they've made the Games with Gold 360 games run on current gen, but I assume other downloadable games probably won't transfer over, which would be shit as I've got a fair amount on my hard drive that it would be nice to be able to move.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the best indie/arcade/old games available on the marketplace?

It still seems a completely shocking range compared to the 360 one and we're what, 2 years on now? It's also fucking ridiculous that I seemingly can't avoid scrolling through a million and one add on songs for Rock Band.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't checked the arcade games yet, so if more of those are available then it might be alright, but presentationally the new update is somehow worse than the previous one.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the difference? I honestly haven't noticed anything.

Actually maybe I haven't got the update yet. Does it auto download or do you have to DIY?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The backwards compatibility feature has finally come in now, right? Although the initial list of compatible games was hugely underwhelming, if I remember correctly. I know they're going to make more available as it goes along though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very tempted to purchase a second hand copy of FC3 and do the multiplayer campaign with my brother again. It's great craic. Do any of the other games on that list have decent offline multiplayer action?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJay View Post
    What's the difference? I honestly haven't noticed anything.

Actually maybe I haven't got the update yet. Does it auto download or do you have to DIY?
    You have to DIY. Main difference seems to be making the panel for your current/active game fecking mahoosive and a lot of scrolling to the bottom of the screen to find things.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The backwards compatibility feature has finally come in now, right? Although the initial list of compatible games was hugely underwhelming, if I remember correctly. I know they're going to make more available as it goes along though.
    Yeah, the list is mostly bollocks and they counted a lot of the games on Rare Replay among them. More are on the way though and Just Cause 2 being on the list is cool.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backwards compatibility is really taking off now and lots of games are available for it. I've just spent some time installing these:

Assassin's Creed II - bought it for £9 from the marketplace. Haven't played it before, but I fucking love Rome, so playing through this will hopefully set the scene for Brotherhood which can't be far off.
    Borderlands - Apparently brilliant, but I never got into it. The intro was definitely brilliant.
    Dark Souls - Played it a bit originally on the PS3, but somehow have a 360 copy at mine as well. Would like to finish it, just to make DS proud.
    Doom - Fucking loved this as a kid and playing it with a proper controller is all kinds of awesome.
    Doom II - As above.
    Fallout 3 - Doubt I'll play it while I'm into 4 so much, but it's an all time classic, so it will get played again eventually.
    Just Cause 2 - Just so much fun.
    Lego Star Wars - Quite fancy this given the recent film revival.
    Mass Effect - Tried so many times to get into this on the 360 and couldn't, but I know I'm missing out having not done so.
    Tom Clancy's Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas - Probably dated like fuck now, but will give it a whirl.
    Tom Clancy's Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Really enjoyed Jack Bauer-ing the shit out of this at the time.

What's also a really nice touch is that when downloading some (most?) of the games you also get the DLC chucked in as well, whether you owned it originally or not. What isn't such a nice touch is that the install system (or at least the downloading from their servers part of it) is janky as fuck. It's alright once the download's started, but games can take several attempts to do that and Operation Flashpoint, Gears of War and Condemned don't seem to want to work at all.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ass Creed in Rome was pretty great from what I remember. Likewise Rainbow Six Vegas, and FO3 is obviously amazing.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I understand it Arse Creed 2 has a bit at the end in the Sistine Chapel, while Arse Creed Brotherhood goes full on balls deep, allowing you to explore all of central Rome. Not sure how that passed me by at the time really.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, II is more like an Italian travelogue that centres around Venice and Florence.

Dark Souls. You're one of us, now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and while I'm here I may as well put another shout out for the XBox One user interface, which still remains absolutely fucking piss poor.

Seriously, we're what, over two and a half years into its life and the interface and offering is still miles behind the 360 one. Fucking miles.

Absolute shambles.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever had problem with the controller?I've had mine for 6 months and two weeks ago my lb button started to not registering hits in games.I would press it and it would not work in game or i would press it once and it would act like i pressed twice.So,i am contacted Xbox support and arranged to have a new one shipped since it has warranty through the console through being in the box in the purchase.Also,has anyone had any problem with shipping faulty hardware and receiving new ones preferably from Microsoft?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problems with the controller this end. It's the best thing about the console for me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must have been a bad batch then.By the way,does anyone play forza motorsport 6 here?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, the UI is shocking. Any time I want to do something new I have to spend ages (relatively) to figure out where to find whatever I'm looking for. There is no logic to it. Especially when you get an app that has a keyboard the length of the screen, meaning you have to scroll all the way right to get a letter at the end of the alphabet, before scrolling all the way left to get a letter at the beginning. Who comes up with those? It takes 5 seconds of using it to see that it doesn't work. The Netflix keyboard is quite nice as you can also go up and down on it.

@Limoutsonik We have had two faulty controllers - in both cases the left analog stick starts constantly pulling to one side, making it rather difficult to do anything. Our right trigger is becoming a bit squeaky too so I hope it's not about to die.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, CJay, it's complete wank from start to finish.

Even the new features they advertise don't work properly. Take the backwards compatible games now being in their own section, with the ability to purchase them on your XB1. Which is obviously a step up from having to browse a Wiki article, but I've lost count already of the number I've clicked on (through being curious about the price) only to be told it's not available to buy this way.

In fact, the whole store is absolutely horrible - lag between screens, things organised in an incomprehensible manner, no defined sections, the back button taking you right back to the start of a list rather than the point you'd browsed to. I could go on, but detailing the incompetence just makes me angry.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    As I understand it Arse Creed 2 has a bit at the end in the Sistine Chapel, while Arse Creed Brotherhood goes full on balls deep, allowing you to explore all of central Rome. Not sure how that passed me by at the time really.
    Oh it's that one. That one's pretty good as well.

If it makes you feel any better, the PS4 interface is utter balls too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how in the name of fuck does the cloud work with saved games? for example, how do I know what's in the cloud and how do I save to it?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massive sale in the Xbox One store at the moment, with some genuinely good deals.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how in the name of fuck does the cloud work with saved games? for example, how do I know what's in the cloud and how do I save to it?

I know that post's from ages ago but I don't care.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might well be because I'm old, but it's still shit. There's literally no way to see what you have in 'the cloud' or when you delete a game what save games from it go there - how is that progress?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you still not keep saves locally on that thing?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bought an Xbox Yev, this isn't about what you want.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother got me Gears of War 4 for Christmas, so I thought I'd pop it in and get started on it today.

21.6 GB update required straight away.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Limmy tweeting the other day asking what's the point of consoles any more? It was about The Last Guardian needing the newer upgraded PS4 to get a decent framerate.

He's got a point though. All the advantages consoles used to have over PCs just aren't there any more. And PC gaming is more accessible than ever.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What were the advantages that are now gone?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still more convenient than a PC.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What were the advantages that are now gone?
    That things just worked.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing works on anything any more. Consoles used to have tougher quality control but, since the PC took over, nowhere is safe from day one patches. That fucking pursuit of power is the whole reason console gaming is how it is.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Plug & Play days of console are gone and yet PC ports are shittier than they were 3-4 years ago. It's quite confusing. It's got to the point where people are bringing their consoles over to our place to download patches (that 1GB Fibre yoooooo) which I find hilarious.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've spent more time patching Doom up than actually playing it. I think that devs like having more power to play with but very few of them can optimise that shit to work on similar hardware. Now you have consoles with these half-steps in them that confuse devs even more. Yet, there's never been a better time to game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doom's install size is an absolute fucking joke.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £50 XBOX Credit for £45 at Amazon.

Apparently there’s a limit of 3 per person but I can’t confirm. Otherwise you could buy 9 and get an X for £405.
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had posted this in the general thread but probably better here. Currys were selling the One S with some 3 month subscription and Rocket League for €119 this evening and I got one. What's the difference between this and a proper XBox or is it any use at all?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's slightly faster.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can play proper games then?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can and it has a 4k Blu-Ray Player. There might also be some 4k upscaling, but it's not that noticeable.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If 4k is all I'm missing then happy days, my TV wouldn't know what to do with it.

That's if I actually get it. The price was clearly a mistake.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a dispatch and tracking email today

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can and it has a 4k Blu-Ray Player. There might also be some 4k upscaling, but it's not that noticeable.
    You're talking about the XBox One X not the One S. Different things.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    You're talking about the XBox One X not the One S. Different things.
    I'm not. I've used both and the One S has a 4k Blu-Ray player in it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One S has a 4k Blu-Ray player in it, but can't do 4k games. I have one.

One X can play at "4k"

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it does upscale:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0.MNTyWx3L2UM

So Phonics can get back in his box.