User Tag List

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boxing Thread

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was quite a big detachment of the gay mafia in the pub I watched it in. What's the fucking point? Are they out picketing churches this morning? I would imagine not.

That fight is what the division, or perhaps boxing in general needed. No way I thought that Fury would get the decision, even though he clearly won the fight by a mile. It had classic German split decision all over it (although they are the worst they aren't the only ones who do it). It was genuinely surprising to see it called fairly. That's as big as the deathly dull Klitschkos hopefully being consigned to the bin of history. Does there have to be a rematch or can he go straight to Vegas to fight Wilder? Good to have a Brit hold the division whilst Joshua gets himself to World title levels.

Also, you have to give massive credit to Fury, even if he is a giant idiot. He was a laughing stock not so long ago. Very few people thought he could get to where he is now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out i dont know shit about boxing.

Fury fought a great fight. Wlad just didnt let his hands go, fury head and waist movement was a joy to watch. Im 99% sure wlad has a rematch clause in there with stipulations on when he can take it. Hopefully they can get him to come to wembley or a UK stadium.

The past two weeks, these legends have let me down. First it was cotto and now wlad. Its about time i accept we are going into a new era in the sport.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    It's a difficult win to enjoy. On one hand, I'm glad to see a change at the top - I used to love the HW division growing up, but it's been stale as fuck under the Klitschko's, and I really liked Fury coming through. He was quite humble, but with humour and a sense of enjoyment, as well as enough cheek to give us the circus act stuff we all love really.
    Are gypsies notoriously religious? I used to live near quite a lot of gypsies and the majority of them acted like utter cunts, which suggested that religion and the lords good word were not exactly at the forefront.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once Klitschko loses control of the terms of engagement you'd have to think he's even less likely to prevail. If he can't do Fury on points in Germany, and by quite a margin, what chance would he be in England? It would be interesting to see if he could adapt though. Having to change your approach after so many years of the same old shit might be a bit tricky. He did rock him in the 12th mind, so it could end up a good fight with Klitschko actually having to come out and try to win inside the distance. It's probably time to call it a day though. His face looked rough.

Gypos are mega-traditional (if any of those big fat Gypsy programmes are anything to go by) and being of Irish stock they're bound to be nutter Catholics predominantly. Poorly educated too, which is a breeding ground for faith.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Once Klitschko loses control of the terms of engagement you'd have to think he's even less likely to prevail. If he can't do Fury on points in Germany, and by quite a margin, what chance would he be in England? It would be interesting to see if he could adapt though. Having to change your approach after so many years of the same old shit might be a bit tricky. He did rock him in the 12th mind, so it could end up a good fight with Klitschko actually having to come out and try to win inside the distance. It's probably time to call it a day though. His face looked rough.
    I hear you, he is 40 now. I did have it clear for fury, but wlad i think could still compete. I would like to see fury take a mandatory first, and then take on wlad or possibly wilder. Fury looked like he was getting to wlad a little but during the fight, just completely got him off his game.

I now have zero choice to respect fury. Man displayed great boxing skills.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the issue that outside Germany he'd need to be convincingly better rather than trusting the judges to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a good time for British boxing with the talent at the top. I think AJ will knock Fury out when it comes to it. I wouldn't be surprised if Vitali returns and wins either.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove me and add me back to the group Tandy. Wiped my phone few weeks ago and haven't been able to access it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Is the issue that outside Germany he'd need to be convincingly better rather than trusting the judges to give him the benefit of the doubt?
    Thats what people think, but wlad has clearly beat everybody. Im struggling to think of a time where he lost, but the judges gave him the deceison

Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Definitely a good time for British boxing with the talent at the top. I think AJ will knock Fury out when it comes to it. I wouldn't be surprised if Vitali returns and wins either.
    Its too early for joshua. Dont push him too quickly. He will get destroyed lad

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Thats what people think, but wlad has clearly beat everybody. Im struggling to think of a time where he lost, but the judges gave him the deceison
    I think it is more the point that it is very hard to go to Germany (or any Champion's backyard) and get a points decision. To an extent the logic now applies in reverse, it won't be easy for Klitschko to come to England and get a points decision. I was surprised the margin was 3/5 rounds last night, especially with the point off, even if that was the right result.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not his promoter don't worry. Makes the weight slightly more interesting.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has heavyweight boxing gone really shit? When I was a kid it used to be a really big thing and I remember being excited about big fights. My old man took me to the social club to watch a Eubanks/Benn effort once and the place was absolutely packed, everybody there just for the boxing. Does that kind of thing still happen?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Mayweather and Pacquiao were arguably the last of the big money fights. There's not the hype any more.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Are gypsies notoriously religious? I used to live near quite a lot of gypsies and the majority of them acted like utter cunts, which suggested that religion and the lords good word were not exactly at the forefront.
    They're notoriously religious, yes. Just not in the Presbyterian 'fear God Ye, and do no sin' kind of a way. More in the 'use what tiny portions of the bible one member of the family is able to read to drive our values system in line with our own agenda'.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is plenty of good fights that happen just very few happen at heavyweight. Look down the divisions and you've got some incredible fighters who can command big nights.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The undisputed heavyweight champion is British. So what if he doesn't like gays?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34956724

He did have a rematch clause in the contract and they'll meet again next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Has heavyweight boxing gone really shit? When I was a kid it used to be a really big thing and I remember being excited about big fights. My old man took me to the social club to watch a Eubanks/Benn effort once and the place was absolutely packed, everybody there just for the boxing. Does that kind of thing still happen?
    Pubs were packed out for the Haye fights during his heavyweight run.

Can't beat a big boxing fight involving a British fighter. It's a shame Fury isn't overly likeable but I'll still get behind him (until he fights Haye / Joshua).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Vitali looked his age / old last night. I don't think there's a chance he's coming back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB_pRB_hKqg

What must Wlad be thinking at this point. To be fair to Fury he hasn't got a bad voice.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't got a bad voice? He went through about six keys in the first line.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the division needs is to be scrapped.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heavyweight division is fine. You take klitschko out of the equation and it becomes very competitive with several fighters and a few prospects coming through nicely.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyson Fury on the radio is pretty fun. The voice on the petition geezer...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's obviously both mental and a twat, but he's quite entertaining.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But enough about Lewis

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gypsy King of TTH?

Sky taking the piss a bit putting this Anthony Joshua fight on pay per view aren't they? I know there's some other decent fights on the card but still...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, it's a bit of a fucking liberty. Not ppv worthy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IBF have stripped fury of his title for not fighting his mandatory.

Pacman vs bradley 3 is expected to be announcment over the next few weeks

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's mental that they even had a mandatory challenger seeing as Wlad had a rematch clause in his contract.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    The Gypsy King of TTH?

Sky taking the piss a bit putting this Anthony Joshua fight on pay per view aren't they? I know there's some other decent fights on the card but still...
    It's a really good British standard card but certainly not PPV worthy.

IBF stripping Fury is a joke. How can they expect to be taken seriously when pulling shit like that.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lolled at somebody getting the coppers in over his CONTROVERSIAL quotes. Who takes time out of their day to do that?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why football is drowning under a wave of "yeah, really happy I scored eight goals, but more important was the team got the three points" drone wankers.

Sport is having all the character sucked out of it for fear of pissing off full-time complainers and social media sheep/angry mobs, or the BBC and their hardcore feminist agenda (and obviously, subsequently, sponsors and THE BRAND).

He's not exactly running around raping women and beating up gays and getting away with it because he's World Champion. He just holds views beaten into him from birth and likes fucking his submissive wife (sounds familiar, doesn't it?) . If you disagree with him just fucking lol at him for being a thick twat and give him the Wolf from Gladiators thumbs down treatment. Don't try to get the Police on him, you fucking gimps.

Many thanks,

Sanadini

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its terrible, you cant even openly disagree with people anymore.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to wonder what the IBF are playing at.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure you can really go around saying homosexuality should be illegal and expect not to be panned. Maybe he does expect to be panned, I dunno.

The good news is that it's drowning the Sports Personality award, which used to be fun but I'm currently looking at a photo of the panel judges and can immediately spot both Jermaine Jenas and Hazel Irving, so yeah.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg Rutherford threatening to withdraw from the competition as if he isn't a long jumper is good; so now, given that [Sir] Kevin Sinfield was always an outside bet at best, I hope Fury wins it and gives it the large'un having done so.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was all about 'Lizzie' this year.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Queen? What sport's she in?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a concerted effort to ensure Fury wins it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In order for it be a investigation it has to be more than a few who've complained and then they'll have to investigate it simply to avoid any potential for accusations of police bias.
    Test.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I think it is more the point that it is very hard to go to Germany (or any Champion's backyard) and get a points decision.
    I don't get why the Germans would favour Klitschko when he's Ukrainian.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has fought all his 'home' bouts in Germany for years - and he has a fairly loyal German following apparently.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok, fair enough.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more that boxing referees tend to favour the established, money-making fighter (like all cowardly sports officials) so you have to win these things beyond all doubt.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fury has to win Sports Personality now.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Korean bots who claim to be from Nigeria. Like it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We interrupt this Sports Personality talk to politely ask Jimmy to return to work."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joshua on in a bit. Should be a decent one.

Bellew fight now is pretty even for the euro belt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is the fight before Joshua?

I'm heading to a pub for 9, was hoping to catch Eubank.