User Tag List

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Years diet fred (No Tims allowed)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.halotop.com/flavors/

This stuff is a godsend 80 calories for a decent sized bowl. Pretty good if you’re watching what you’re eating.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost nearly a stone so far just following the Slimming World diet (don’t do the group shit, she is doing it properly so it’s easier to be supportive anyway). Don’t feel any thinner or notice much in my clothes yet but I have a lot to lose so hopefully the next stone I lose will be more noticeable.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a bean stew last night. A fucking bean stew.

Taking drink and drugs out of the equation as they are even worse, is there some sort of remedy for the drudgery of 21st century suburban existence that can replace nice food as my vice? I really struggle with it beyond little two-week surges of willpower.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just accept that you won't enjoy food for a while. Don't even try to dress things up to make them tasty. You're a robot now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Taking drink and drugs out of the equation as they are even worse, is there some sort of remedy for the drudgery of 21st century suburban existence that can replace nice food as my vice? I really struggle with it beyond little two-week surges of willpower.
    Exercise. Video games. Scientology. Diy.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in proper fat shit mode at the moment. Gradually turning things around exercise wise but I'm eating so much.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've felt constantly tired and lacking the will to do anything that isn't sit on the couch and mong out recently. It's not helped by the fact that I live in a basement apartment now so I see natural light for at best an 20 minutes a day. Do those multi-vitamin tablets actually do anything or is it the worlds largest placebo?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off the wagon today, had a mental day at work so treated myself to a few cans.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even after you'd given yourself that nice raise?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided that back in December, the buzz had worn off before Christmas.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a bean stew last night. A fucking bean stew.

Well for some people if they don't want to change their diets exactly, just tweaking it and eating a little less works as well. I know that sound simpler than it is.

But basically, if you're having steak and chips at home, buy a smaller steak than you would have (like maybe just 100g), cook much less chips that you would normally, and then throw in some salad or broccoli or summat to fill you up.

Get through whatever greens you've got first, and then you'll have nice food to finish off your meal (if you really hate eating beans and veggies and that stuff). It's just, you'll eat maybe 10 bites of it instead of 25 like you would normally have, or whatever (i'm making shit up).

What I did for a while, and still occasionally do, was use one of these apps where you put in what you eat and it says the calories in it. I don't recommend doing that over a long time, as you go a bit mental, but it's good for a bit to sort of get a feeling for how much some stuff contains. Nuts, for instance, are really fatty and contain shitloads of calories, yet they sort of feel quite healthy when you eat them so you might have three handfulls of peanuts casually, but that should have actually been about half your dinner.

Oils, butter, etc, are also things you start using a little less of in cooking when you realize exactly how much of the calories in food come from that.

And I mean, cook yourself. If you're not doing that, you're a bit doomed unless you exercise loads.

Also, eat a lot for breakfeast, and make sure you get a lot of eggs or some other protein for brekkie.

Anyway, that all seemed to work for me.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't work. When I have nice food I want loads of it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get some MealSquares.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    That doesn't work. When I have nice food I want loads of it.

Yeah well, then I recommend being fat.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Yeah well, then I recommend being fat.

I made soup today. But something, an onion I think, wasn't right and it tasted funny so I got a Texas BBQ from Pizza Hut instead.

Good intentions though.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got down to p much exactly 11 and a half stone yesterday. I've been hovering around there for ages in fairness but it's a satisfying milestone.

Celebrated by getting a dominos (i NEVER get a dominos!!) 2 for tuesday thingy for me and my mum. My : "Large 13.5" Half & Half Mighty Meaty®/Texas BBQ®" was dinner for today and yesterday though, whereas in the past i'd have had like three quarters and justified eating the rest there and then because "well 3 slices isn't going to be enough for a meal anyway".

The main thing I've really noticed about being really anal about calories etc is that you can still eat a pretty massive amount but still lose weight, you just have to not be entirely retarded/self destructive about it. If you don't drink much, ~2000-2500 calories is fucking loads.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jimmy Floyd , what's your vice, sweet or savoury? or a bit of both?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well for some people if they don't want to change their diets exactly, just tweaking it and eating a little less works as well. I know that sound simpler than it is.

But basically, if you're having steak and chips at home, buy a smaller steak than you would have (like maybe just 100g), cook much less chips that you would normally, and then throw in some salad or broccoli or summat to fill you up.

Get through whatever greens you've got first, and then you'll have nice food to finish off your meal (if you really hate eating beans and veggies and that stuff). It's just, you'll eat maybe 10 bites of it instead of 25 like you would normally have, or whatever (i'm making shit up).
    I do all of that if I want to, for two weeks. I also like most veg/healthy foods so it's not a tribulation. But after a while I want cheese again and I want cheese more than I want healthy stuff.

Part of the problem, a week in Spain last week has reminded me, is we just don't have enough decent food available in this country. Our bread is shit and should be abolished; roast dinners are also terrible except on special occasions, but our weather is also so shit that you need to eat shit food to mentally get through it. We don't have options like fresh seafood or replacing butter with olive oil because, you know, we just don't.

How are the Swedes all tall, blond and magnificently handsome when it's dark half the year?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    @Jimmy Floyd , what's your vice, sweet or savoury? or a bit of both?
    Savoury.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because the sun shines on them twice as hard the other 6 months of the year.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Savoury.
    yeah same, and it's dangerous because when you're in the mood you can just eat a huge jumbo pack of peanuts or whatever and that's 2 days calories or something

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    two of the most effective ways i've found to lose weight are:

-never actually have unhealthy stuff in the house by default, like in your "big shop" or whatever. if you want a treat you have to walk to the shop and buy it. it's also a false economy to say it's better value to buy multipacks or whatevz because if you have my willpower you just end up eating the multi-pack in one sitting anyway.

-try to refuse free food. only really applies if you work in a certain environment but in places where you can't go two days without some Maureen bringing in 8 cakes because it's her niece's cat's birthday or something it makes a big difference

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best strategy is just to eat a 15 inch meat feast four cheese pizza once a week, minutes before doing your big shop, and then you won't want to get anything else shit. I might try that.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best strategy is just to eat a 15 inch meat feast four cheese pizza once a week, minutes before doing your big shop, and then you won't want to get anything else shit. I might try that.
    that's not actually a terrible idea. i'd always do the opposite of that at uni - me and my flatmate would invariably make the grim trek to the big asda near us at like 8.30pm when we were really hungry and out of food, and come back with just the most disgusting shit. i think i'd almost always get through a packet of scotch eggs or something on the walk home. not hugely surprising how fat i got really when you add in the lager and takeaways.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Get some MealSquares.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learning to cook helps too. Or marrying someone who knows how to cook.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    two of the most effective ways i've found to lose weight are:

-never actually have unhealthy stuff in the house by default, like in your "big shop" or whatever. if you want a treat you have to walk to the shop and buy it. it's also a false economy to say it's better value to buy multipacks or whatevz because if you have my willpower you just end up eating the multi-pack in one sitting anyway.

-try to refuse free food. only really applies if you work in a certain environment but in places where you can't go two days without some Maureen bringing in 8 cakes because it's her niece's cat's birthday or something it makes a big difference
    I eat so much shit at home because my parents always have crap in the house. And at work because people always bring shit in and I get bored there easily. When I'm left to myself though I can eat reasonably healthily.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that said, I'm probably like 10 lbs over my 'cycling weight' right now, since I've been off the bike for two months. Really need to get back to it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do all of that if I want to, for two weeks. I also like most veg/healthy foods so it's not a tribulation. But after a while I want cheese again and I want cheese more than I want healthy stuff.

Part of the problem, a week in Spain last week has reminded me, is we just don't have enough decent food available in this country. Our bread is shit and should be abolished; roast dinners are also terrible except on special occasions, but our weather is also so shit that you need to eat shit food to mentally get through it. We don't have options like fresh seafood or replacing butter with olive oil because, you know, we just don't.

How are the Swedes all tall, blond and magnificently handsome when it's dark half the year?

How about you try that thing Multi did (I think) at some point - one meal diet thing? The idea being you can only have one meal a day and it can be whatever the fuck you want and enormous.

Now, I don't really advocate that, as I think it fucks your metabolism and it's not sustainable if you have a job, more or less, but you could do some sort of variety where you basically have something sturdy but healthy for breakfeast, a very light lunch every day of maybe 400-500 calories - that basically sets you up for being able to eat a little whatever you want for dinner (you know, within reason).

But it's all about what works for you as well because while you do have the liberty to eat more, you still can't have 1800 calories every night and get away with it. It might also be that you are one of those people who can't deal with being a bit hungry, and then you should probably try some sort of 5-snacks-a-day setup (don't eat so much fruit though it's full of sugar).

As for Oil & Butter, they are much the same in terms of energy really. Olive oil is "healthier" fat but it still makes you fat (there's a reason Greece is like the fattest country in Europe). I've seen people drench sallads in Olive oil under some sort of delusion that it's really healthy because Jamie Oliver or someone said it's better than butter. One tablespoon of it is maybe 120 calories which usually is more than the rest of the sallad itself.

Oh, and try walking loads. Use your phone as step-counter and make sure you get at least 10.000 steps daily (ideally 15k but).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a diet at the turn of the year and have lost a stone so far.

Two Weetabix for breakfast, babybel cheese, cherry tomatoes, an apple and an orange for lunch, and a meal off weight watchers app for tea (my fiancée goes to this every week).

I feel much fitter since starting the diet. I've had no alcohol this year either.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds exclusively like "OK I'm hungry whaddawegot in the friiidge! Shit this'll have to do" type of food.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starving already, still hours until dinner. Just had a dry slice of bread. Someone help me.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dog has gained two hundred grams since Christmas.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds exclusively like "OK I'm hungry whaddawegot in the friiidge! Shit this'll have to do" type of food.
    Its very effective, all the food is very healthy. I want to avoid bread so that's the reason behind the lunch.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An apple and an orange for lunch. On your bike.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    On your bike.
    Which would be an effective form of exercise to enable someone to lose weight.

I'm managing just fine with my lunch. I've cut out bread completely and I'm feeling the benefits of it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What benefit? Bread is just a carbohydrate. Good to reduce for weight loss, but - unless you have an intolerance - it isn’t an evil substance.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't have an apple and an orange for lunch, let alone cherry tomatoes. I'd rather die of a heart attack than live like that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m having a salad with feta for lunches at the moment. It’s shit but the cheese keeps me sane.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather eat a mealsquare than bloody salad.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feta's weird. I'll have one square and think 'This is much nicer than I normally think of Feta' and then I have another and feel like I'm going to be ill. Like my tastebuds can only handle so much feta.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    What benefit? Bread is just a carbohydrate. Good to reduce for weight loss, but - unless you have an intolerance - it isn’t an evil substance.
    Benefit of weight loss. Extra benefit of diet is feeling better in myself. No longer do I return home from my office job and want to go to bed straightaway. It's brilliant and it's the future.

I'm still fat and have a massive beer belly but I'm heading in the right direction.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck is a meal square?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit, I just googled them. Or rather, lack of shit because they look a recipe for constipation.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might buy some scales and start posting in here again. I'm pretty flabby atm but can't seem to shake it, admittedly mostly due to being weak-willed. I'm gonna attempt to have a low-key Christmas and may even start the weigh-ins before it all kicks off on 22nd in hope that I can fat shame myself into not eating everything in sight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm an absolute disgrace at the moment. I feel like a revolting tub of lard. I need to do something before it becomes a problem.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here. Already is a problem though. Not the best time of year to be doing anything about it either. It'll have to wait till January.

Also this thread seems to be fucked. It's showing there's a page 9 but when I click on it, it takes me back to the top of page 8.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because of leedsrevolution's deleted account. It's fucked a few things.

To be fair, it's already a problem for me too. But not to the point where it's not salvageable with a few months of eating properly.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started doing a 16/8 fast recently (ie all your eating comes in an 8 hour window). I don't know if it makes any difference to my weight but I already feel a bit better for it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get married in four months and I'm the fattest I've been for years. I'm around 14 stone at 5"8 which isn't ideal. Need to get down to 12.5 by April so will start posting in here in the new year.