User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Years diet fred (No Tims allowed)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. I know you end up working most muscles in some form every day, but thought hammer curls were aimed at forearms and biceps.

Anyway, I assume you agree with the 'just judge it on the day' sentiment.

I actually looked in the mirror today and didn't think 'fat cunt' but that I'm starting to look pretty trim. The belly is pretty much exactly as it was, but slightly dwarfed by my bulging shoulders. I'm just gonna carry on like this and then spend a month or two cutting if I have to around May/June.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forearms .

In response to the question, it would be fucking difficult to avoid working some of the same muscles groups every day. I'd do a max of 5 days a week, but only with a well planned routine. Otherwise you'll just pull a muscle and be able to do fuck all.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just play it by ear for now. People get too rigid with it too early on and lose interest.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've done 7 days in a row so far, but even today having not slept much and being hungover things went great. I'll keep eating 300g-350g of protein and just wait until things slow down. Cheers.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need that much, if you were still looking for calories to ditch. You could probably get away with half.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not too bothered about calories at the moment. Too little and I don't get anything done. I might reduce the shakes for now then and see how much of a difference it makes. I tend to just eat more protein if I'm still feeling sore.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one advantage of being a heft, I can still function if I don't eat anything. The concept of food as fuel is completely lost on me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A heft? You mean just being overweight? I can function without eating, but its just not great for mentalperformance.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordering two 15" pizzas yesterday (it was buy one, get one free) felt very dirty at the time, but I was right to listen to my body. Felt pretty good afterwards and had a (broken) sleep of around 10 hours plus had loads of energy in the gym this morning. Still a bit ill but much improved.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spaghetti meatballs for lunch today. Back on the wagon as I lost my shit last week and put 5lbs on

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bad week as well.

Put back on 3 of the 4KG that I had lost.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been yoyoing since I came back from Australia just after new year, but I started again yesterday. We're moving the weekend though, so no doubt there'll be a takeaway or something while we're unpacking.

I want to get down to about 12 and a half stone, which feels fucking miles away right now. I'm currently 14 stone 10, but I reckon about 7 lbs of that isn't proper weight.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a pretty good week last week, all in all. My mate was over at the weekend and when I'm out and about drinking I don't eat at all. More of that next week and an 11 hour drum and bass rave so I'm expecting to lose a good amount that weekend. I haven't been weighing myself, but each week I'm seeing progress and feeling much better for it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally forgot I had dinner about an hour after having it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the fucking worst. No amount of realisation can undo that yearn in your heart.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I had a bad week as well.

Put back on 3 of the 4KG that I had lost.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd gotten down to 13 stone 4 pounds a few days ago, back up to 13 stone 6 but I'm not fussed as the lower amount was after eating basically nothing for a couple of days, and I'm still more than half a stone down from January. Aiming for around...11.5-12ish i guess, but I'm thinking more about long-term lifestyle, with the RAW FIGURES just extra motivation. I'm too oblivious to notice my body shape actually changing, so it does help.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I was in the pub that I used to be in almost every night for the first time in ages this weekend, and two blokes who work there asked if I'd lost weight. Yeah, I have, thanks for noticing

I'm also acutely aware that my ongoing weight loss is gonna make the hugeness of my head even more obvious, and I might have to re-learn how to walk around without tipping over, like my dad did after his stroke.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upload a pic of your head.

Get on the weights. We can hold a TTH strongest man event at the end of the year.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you ginger?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Are you ginger?
    He has a magnificent ginger beard.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had some NAUGHTY days recently, but because what counts as a bad day now is basically standard procedure before I started being a good boy, I'm still losing weight with a bit of indulgence, just slower.

Best example being booze - I went out and had about 6 pints on Wednesday, and the same on Friday, whereas in November I'd have put away about 3 times that in a week, and I had gotten into a totally mindless habit of eating a completely superfluous meal at 11pmish, and I'm still not sure what I was up to. Probably boredom.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superfluous - top vocab-ing beardy.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've managed to turn a probable hungover takeaway day into a gym day. Not sure which is worse for me since I'm still ill, but we'll see.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From 14 stone at the end of January to 12 stone and 12 and a half pounds today, smashing it. Vegetables

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to stall with weightlifting, but that'll be because I can't afford to eat. Should be good for fat loss, though, so bring it on. I can bulk once I have money.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody tried intermittent fasting before? I'm giving it a whirl now. Since Monday I've gone for a run then held off eating until about 5. I was hoping I'd be able to start eating and then have plenty of energy to go to the gym and do weights, but that wasn't the case yesterday, though I did go to the gym after only porridge/peanut butter/protein scoop at about half 6. Tonight I'll try eating a couple of meals beforehand and going about half 8/9.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multi used to swear by it, but I think it takes a while to get your body into it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he did was eat one massive meal (as big as you can muster basically) each day if I remember right? Hunter-way of eating or some such.
    I think the idea being that you get your body used to not getting food all the time and taking from the reserves more (fat) the rest of the time. And also that however hungry you are, you might struggle to eat 2000+ calories in one meal every single day (you'd need to eat ice cream all the time basically), and hence you naturally eat less.

Though on fasting, a medstudent friend I have keep telling me how healthy it is as a concept to just fast for a day now and then. Not necessarily to lose weight, but it does something or another to the cells or your metabolism or your little toe or whatever, and it's all supposed to cure your future cancer and make you happy again.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multi was stacked, so that's promising.

In the past when I've tried to lose weight through starving myself I've been able to go a day without eating. I don't want to go overboard, though, since I'd become miserable and not get any reading done.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a day is about what you should do anyway. Not eating for 2 or more days is probably not that healthy for you, and I think the idea is sort of to keep the body on it's toes so to speak, i.e. not necessarily get used to "i'll get a good intake of energy in about 4 hours anyway so that belly fat he has can be saved for later".

Whereas if you go overboard the body will just reduce it's metabolism instead to try to preserve energy and you won't be burning as much fat as you could be doing.

Whatever works for you though. Personally I'm trying to make some slight adjustments to my general lifestyle that I feel I can live with even after I reach a good level of healthyness. Or I'm more looking at it like, I don't want to give up alcohol and some unhealthy foods entirely for instance, but I can eat better during weekdays and probably reduce the old casual tuesday night relax-in-sofa-beer, etc. I can train about 4-5 times during the weeks, but rarely get the chance to do it during weekends. And I go abroad maybe 3-4 weeks a year on vacations where I'll usually stuff myself a bit, + x-mas etc.

Then whatever weight that ends up taking me to, that's what I will have to live with. I've gone on "time to lose weight!"-sprees before and while it always works, I always end up bouncing back up after a vacation or some such. But I feel like I've found a good formula for how to have a fairly sustainable way now. Have lost about 5-6kg since about November and it's taken me quite close to where I think I want to be.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother in law does it and she lost loads of weight. It seems to have worked amazingly well for her and she has been able to keep it going. I can't imagine anyone actually would want to do that for a lengthy piece of time.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weird thing about Fasting is that it's basically shocking the body once a week or something like that. Since that's sort of the point of it, it can't really get much easier (other than you're maybe more mentally prepared to be hungry a whole day after a while).

But I guess it's like some people prefer a good, slow 2-hour-jog whereas some people just want to get it over with and do Crossfit for 20 minutes or something.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I think a day is about what you should do anyway. Not eating for 2 or more days is probably not that healthy for you, and I think the idea is sort of to keep the body on it's toes so to speak, i.e. not necessarily get used to "i'll get a good intake of energy in about 4 hours anyway so that belly fat he has can be saved for later".

Whereas if you go overboard the body will just reduce it's metabolism instead to try to preserve energy and you won't be burning as much fat as you could be doing.

Whatever works for you though. Personally I'm trying to make some slight adjustments to my general lifestyle that I feel I can live with even after I reach a good level of healthyness. Or I'm more looking at it like, I don't want to give up alcohol and some unhealthy foods entirely for instance, but I can eat better during weekdays and probably reduce the old casual tuesday night relax-in-sofa-beer, etc. I can train about 4-5 times during the weeks, but rarely get the chance to do it during weekends. And I go abroad maybe 3-4 weeks a year on vacations where I'll usually stuff myself a bit, + x-mas etc.

Then whatever weight that ends up taking me to, that's what I will have to live with. I've gone on "time to lose weight!"-sprees before and while it always works, I always end up bouncing back up after a vacation or some such. But I feel like I've found a good formula for how to have a fairly sustainable way now. Have lost about 5-6kg since about November and it's taken me quite close to where I think I want to be.
    Yeah, I'm considering giving up alcohol completely. I really don't enjoy it enough to put up with the cost and hangovers, but I love eating and get loads of energy from that, though when you're at a bar/club they aren't exactly serving sandwiches. Whilst I'm skint at uni I'm gonna push myself to lose as much fat as possible, then when I have money can bulk like mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    My mother in law does it and she lost loads of weight. It seems to have worked amazingly well for her and she has been able to keep it going. I can't imagine anyone actually would want to do that for a lengthy piece of time.
    It feels quite comfortable at the moment. By the time I've woken up, gotten ready, gone for a run, had a little lie in the sun (obvs won't happen every day), shower its about 3-4 hours into the day and then I'll start drinking black tea which keeps me going for about 2-3 hours. Yesterday I felt sick when I first ate at about half 5, so I reckon I could have gone on for much longer.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    The weird thing about Fasting is that it's basically shocking the body once a week or something like that. Since that's sort of the point of it, it can't really get much easier (other than you're maybe more mentally prepared to be hungry a whole day after a while).

But I guess it's like some people prefer a good, slow 2-hour-jog whereas some people just want to get it over with and do Crossfit for 20 minutes or something.
    I definitely prefer sprinting and walking as opposed to a constant slow jog. Running on off-path bike tracks keeps you on your toes the whole time you're running, as well.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another question: how important is leg day? I'm running/cross trainer every day and my legs are already more muscular than necessary, so as long as I'm getting deadlifts and squats in that should be sound, shouldn't it?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you take care to do calves and hamstrings I'd say. I've had the problem for years that I'm "front-heavy" i.e. stronger in my chest than in my back and stronger on the front of my things than in my hamstrings, etc. That shit ends up giving you all kinds of problems later on.

My things are also very muscular, and almost improportionate to my upper body, but it's important to do your legs just as much (after all it's half your body if not more, and also the easiest way of increasing your metabolism).

What I do is I do as much legs as anything else, but I keep it light on the weights most of the time, so instead of doing like 3x10 heavy squats I might do like 200 normal squats without any weights instead - whereas I have heavier weights when training upper body (and doing deadlifts, because to me that's more Core and Back than legs, but it depends a bit on how you do them as well).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm attempting a 24 hour fast today. I'm exhausted. I'm at the 16 hour mark now, which I've done the past two days and been fine at this stage, but today its really taken it out of me. Going for a run this morning probably didn't help as I woke up aching. Still, I'll push on in the hope that it'll make 16 hour fasting easier in the long run.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure it's okay to have that little in three days? That's more extreme than the 5-2 diet for example.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't lose weight on the 5:2 diet. Depends what you mean by okay. I don't feel great, but I'm alright. I'm assuming my body will adapt and I'll be able to sustain this diet, but otherwise I'll pack it in. In saying that, 7 hours is a long way away.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be even more difficult if your sleep pattern is fucked. I'm a 10.30 bedder so I reckon by this time I could power through.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been sleeping 1am-8am this past week. My sleeping is normally alright when I'm not staying up late on weekends.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not slept more than a couple of hours at my parents'. Proper dusty shoebox room. Plus there's nowt in the freezer beyond ready meals. I can't live like that any more.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I failed. Ended up having a protein shake, a piece of toast with peanut butter on and then a bowl of rice/beans/tuna before falling asleep at 8pm. I then woke up about 3:30am, started reading, had a bowl of porridge with peanut butter and whey protein just after 5am but then fell asleep at around 7am and woke up at 10am. I'm going to eat normally today because I look and feel exhausted. I'm only playing badminton doubles this evening which isn't taxing at all so should be feeling good to get back into it tomorrow.

A 24 hour fast is probably much easier when you haven't already been dieting quite extremely in the days beforehand.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to completely change my diet, exercise regime, smoking and drinking habits on doctors orders these past two weeks. Salads, fresh meat, no added salt, and limiting myself to like four pints a week max. I've dropped a stone since then, along with doing weights/squats.

Going from processed chicken, chips, pizzas etc overnight was a proper shock to the system, my body hadn't a fucking clue what was going on. Replaced my litre of Coke/Oasis a day with two litres of ice water with fresh orange as my other drink, too. Feeling fucking amazing now, however. Was fifteen stone, now fourteen.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you doctor order that?

Have you laid off the weed too?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't DS get the diabetes?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Why did you doctor order that?

Have you laid off the weed too?
    Surely any doctor would order that given what he was eating!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twice I've had blood pressure issues. Not diabetes, but I had the issue first when younger when my diet was fine, had a full body scan and they couldn't find an issue, went a couple of weeks back and its high again, so he told me to change my lifestyle. If I continued the way I did, I'd probably have a stroke by mid 40s.

Not had weed for five weeks.