User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Years diet fred (No Tims allowed)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone looking to get back into benching their non-existent wife, Bulk Powders have got a third off everything (and a free shaker when you spend fifteen quid).

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Magic will end up deadlifting his at some point.
    One armed too, as he'll need the other hand to keep the roll of carpet from curling up.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to sleep 6 hours or so from midnight last night so my sleeping pattern should be sorted. Its important for me to have a proper routine when dieting so I can set in stone when to eat and when not. Gym was so much effort yesterday, then went for a run this morning. It may have only been 3 weeks, but I feel like I've got a lot less energy. The Jaffa Cakes from NYE are still in the cupboard, so I'm winning that battle. Papa John's have sent me an email saying they're doing 50% off pizzas at the moment, though, so that's another battle.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a busy January and February with stags, weddings, birthdays etc so definitely on the healthy eating wagon.

For the rest of this week it'll be:

Breakfast:
    Porridge, Cinnamon, Honey, Apple

Lunch:
    Burrito Bowl. Chicken with Cajun spices, chopped tomatoes, roasted red onions, peppers & mushrooms with a mix of Quinoa & Brown rice.

Dinner:
    Tonight - Steak with sweet potato wedges & mushrooms, green beans & sweetcorn
    Tomorrow - Spaghetti Meatballs
    Friday - Chicken stir fry

As next week is a full week I'll throw in some egg muffins for alternate breakfasts & change up the flavoured chicken for lunches. Maybe throw in a couple of boiled eggs for snacks.

I find I can stick to this relatively well, certainly until a Thursday at least but with busy weekends, I'm hoping I can go the full 5 days and damage limitation on Sundays.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to get a beach bod in time for my cycling trip in April. 3 months. Fuck sake.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not had a great start at resuming the diet. Two false starts so far, think its due to not being in a proper routine yet (3 proper days at work, haven't shopped properly, etc). Will try again tomorrow.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's with deep sadness that I inform you all the Papa is on his way.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to be too hard on myself this week since it's back to work week. There's only so much misery you can endure.

Also someone in work brought in some millionaire's shortbreadthat was delicious so I had three bits of it (they were only small but still). It was so good. The caramel bit tasted like daim bars.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's Papa? Do you have Papa Johns over there?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a McDonalds on Monday

I think I'll be doing a lot better come Monday though as my Mum and Sister are going on holiday for 10 days.

I've also ordered a load of pickling jars as I think making loads of vegetable pickles (sprouts and cauliflower will be first up) might be good.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing better than I have done in a long while on my high protein, low carb, low Gi diet. But not nailing it yet - sometimes having a small glass of smoothie after a meal, and eating dark chocolate as a compromise (low sugar if you get 75%+ cocoa bars, to be fair).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post

I'm not going to be too hard on myself this week since it's back to work week. There's only so much misery you can endure.

Also someone in work brought in some millionaire's shortbreadthat was delicious so I had three bits of it (they were only small but still). It was so good. The caramel bit tasted like daim bars.
    With sweet stuff like that I can probably consume 1,000 calories in two minutes and it not even dent my hunger. Stunning.

Having come to terms with what I've done tonight, I will bounce back stronger than ever tomorrow.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might as well eat spent matches once you get into that all-cocoa territory.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer really dark chocolate most of the time. Just let it melt in your mouth one block at a time.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    I prefer really dark chocolate most of the time. Just let it melt in your mouth one block at a time.
    I'd rather eat 4 Yorkies in 50 seconds.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once made the mistake of consuming cocoa nibs.

It might have been dirt though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    You might as well eat spent matches once you get into that all-cocoa territory.
    Oh it's nowhere near as nice as other chocolate, though it seems to satisfy my sweet-craving and is better when you let it melt like Offy says.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I'd like to switch to low/no carbs I don't think it's viable on a budget of pretty much nothing. Rice/pasta (brown/wholegrain), beans and meat is my staple lunch and dinner, and I'll keep bread around in some capacity as a quick snack but I won't be buying anymore marmite because I can go through a loaf a day easy when I'm on the good stuff. I feel like it's more important to stop eating sugar, anyway, which I've done. Then I've got protein powder which fills a hole and cures a sweet tooth if ever it pops up. I've just done quite a big shop on Amazon Pantry so won't be making any takeaway mistakes.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a lot more vegetables back into my dinner because I feel tired and gross ATM. No carb/low carb makes me a miserable bald which isn't fun.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you take a multivitamin? I've noticed my mood is worse whenever I run out, so they must do something.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've last 2kg since monday. it'll be mostly water weight after all the boozing over Christmas but still pretty good going. I want to lose atleast another 10 really. 15 to be back to my ideal weight.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Do you take a multivitamin? I've noticed my mood is worse whenever I run out, so they must do something.
    I haven't for 10 years. What sort of ingredients do you look for when shopping around?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I've last 2kg since monday. it'll be mostly water weight after all the boozing over Christmas but still pretty good going. I want to lose atleast another 10 really. 15 to be back to my ideal weight.
    I think I'll be aiming for similar. I definitely don't feel as fat and sluggish as just after Christmas, which is nice, but I have no way to weigh myself here. Might post some scales when I'm back in Jersey in a couple of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    I haven't for 10 years. What sort of ingredients do you look for when shopping around?
    I tend to just search on Amazon by highest rating first and make sure its an A-Z multivitamin. I imagine they're all basically the same, so price does come into it as well.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. This is the one I use currently but as its "made in UK" I'm not sure if it'll be the best option down your end.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife is back on slimming world (she lost 2 stone in 4 months this time last year post-pregnancy) so I'm hopping on the bandwagon too.

The amount you can eat on it is unreal. Unlimited pasta, rice & noodles

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it that zero calories noodles stuff or what?

I'm in a good rhythm at the moment. The amount of uni work I have to do is ridiculous, so exercise is very appealing at the moment as it means getting away from it for a bit. Got a trip back to Jersey next week for a week so I'll try not to drink, but a hiccup wouldn't exactly be unexpected since that's all anybody does.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    The wife is back on slimming world (she lost 2 stone in 4 months this time last year post-pregnancy) so I'm hopping on the bandwagon too.

The amount you can eat on it is unreal. Unlimited pasta, rice & noodles
    That was the one I did before.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A woman in my work goes to it and swears by it. It does sound pretty good too.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon weekly meetings and weigh-ins do have a huge effect. Imagine the shame of turning up having put on weight. Everybody just looking at you like you're a useless twat.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm not going to meetings but the wife is.

It's not zero calorie noodles. You basically can eat unlimited amounts of meat, veg & carbs to fill you up but it needs to be a balanced meal of the 3.

You need to incorporate one thing from the healthy extra A column (Dairy) and healthy extra B column (Bread & Cereals) once a day.

https://emma4facs.files.wordpress.co...y-extras-a.png

https://emma4facs.files.wordpress.co...y-extras-b.png

I'm also allowed between 15-20 syns a day and you're encouraged to use at least 75% of these. If you want to have dairy or bread & cereals more than once a day, you need to syn it. Additional milk is something like 2 syns, a Freddo bar is 4 syns etc etc. Theres an app which tells you how many syns things are.

Thats basically it. So far this week I've had

Breakfast - Egg, Bacon & mushroom omelette.
    Skinny Latte (5 syns)
    Lunch - Chicken Pasta with cajun seasoning, cream cheese (Healthy Extra A), courgettes, red onion & pepper
    Snack - Crunchy Chilli Rice Crackers (4.5 syns)
    Dinner - Chicken Curry with brown rice last night, Salmon, veg & noodles tonight.

Roughly 10 syns a day, so if I want I can eat whatever is another 5-10 syns. As I hadn't had one of the Healthy Extra B's yesterday, last night I had some toast & low low cheese spread (3 syns for an additional portion of cheese spread)

Outside of that, you can still eat as much meat, veg, fruit and pasta/rice/noodles as you need to fill you up. It's the sauces etc which carry the syns.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably changed a bit but I remember there were loads of recipes for free sauces anyway. I've a book of them somewhere.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there is, we made a pretty tasty chilli sauce the other night for homemade chips.

It's decent and being able to eat loads as long as it's the right stuff keeps me going.

Also being able to eat like a monk but then smash 2 bags of McCoys a day (7 syns each) is the kind of diet for me.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always used my B for olive oil ( I think they changed that then later on that you couldn't) because Frylight is the fucking devil. Syns were nearly always McCoys too

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The diet listed above is probably more than what I eat normally... No wonder I'm wasting away.

Skip breakfast and add a couple of Red Bulls in there. Get on the Phonics diet. You can even chuck in a couple of pints for good measure.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I always used my B for olive oil ( I think they changed that then later on that you couldn't) because Frylight is the fucking devil. Syns were nearly always McCoys too
    I don't mind the Frylight, I'm sure you're not supposed to use half a bottle per meal like I do but fuck it.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Frylight stuff needs about ten speays to stop stuff sticking to the pan.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might as well piss in the frying pan as use it. The only thing was that when I made curries I made 6 portions, so one tablespoon did the onions for that much instead of the 6 it would take to make them separately. Microwaving the chopped onions for 3 minutes first helps too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    That Frylight stuff needs about ten speays to stop stuff sticking to the pan.
    Yeah it's useless.

You're probably using the same amount of calories and fat as olive oil all things told.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, one tablespoon of oil is like 100 calories. 10-15 or so sprays gets me through the aromatics frying and meat sealing before you add liquid.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Yeah it's useless.

You're probably using the same amount of calories and fat as olive oil all things told.
    Nothing wrong with fat. I've had success with keto in the past, but drinking got in the way of that. I can't do it at the moment because its a bit expensive for a student. Its a good diet for people working full time that can't be arsed with exercise.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was going to follow it again I'd use the oil as my B anyway like my old book says. It worked then.

Or Syn a proper oil like rapeseed for curries.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short of preparing for a bodybuilding competition, I don't see how your choice of oil will make a difference. It's like when my friend's fat twat sister had them all drinking almond milk, as if those ninety extra calories a glass were the difference between her knuckles being visible and not.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Short of preparing for a bodybuilding competition, I don't see how your choice of oil will make a difference. It's like when my friend's fat twat sister had them all drinking almond milk, as if those ninety extra calories a glass were the difference between her knuckles being visible and not.
    I'd only choose rapeseed (or sunflower) over olive as the latter burns at a high heat.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got milk, almond milk and soya milk (both unsweetened) in the fridge. Generally use milk earlier in the day and soya milk later on. Almond milk gets wheeled out now and then, but its mostly there to use for curry pastes. Almond milk is the crappest alternative milk. I drink a lot of hot drinks during the day, so I do think it makes quite a big difference for me, especially since I have about 70/30 milk/water with coffee.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hazelnut milk is nice in porridge, though I normally just make it with water and stir in yogurt once it's cooked.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hazelnut milk is awesome in smoothies.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mixed it up and had salmon with this beauty.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-...a-dhal-recipe/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fry light's been fine in my experience, but I've been used to it for years (probably going right back to my ocd and eating disorder days).

My girlfriend's been on slimming world for months, so I've been getting used to the recipes. They're pretty good, and it doesn't feel like diet food at all.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God you definitely need motivation not to just binge eat shit. Really struggling right now.