User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: The New Years diet fred (No Tims allowed)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I've got flat feet too. Stick with the insoles, they're weird as fuck at the beginning but they really do help.

Ankle pain > knee pain > hip pain > back pain > neck pain, a lot of it comes from the feet up.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you use them?

It feels like they make me walk on the outside of my foot so the outer edge gets very sore.

They also make all my trainers feel too tight now. Maybe need a new pair a half size up.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I use them, but less and less in recent years as they've done their main job in realigning me. I now only wear them for long walks or other times I feel I could do with extra support.

My flat feet caused my ankles to roll in-over and toes to point outwards when I walked, and the insoles corrected that to a large degree. It took a long time (years) but my posture has been improved immensely by them.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried using the insoles for a bit but I hated them, made me walk funny and they were a bit painful.

I've still got a chronic ankle sprain (in addition to slightly flat feet) which seemed to be sorted until the last week or so when I decided to start walking. Was just out for a walk now and at around 5k steps it started pulsating so I came home rather than going for a bit longer.

Saw an NHS physio about it, he gave me exercises to do for 5 weeks which didn't help and said he'd refer me to another physio who could do actual treatment for me but I've heard absolute nothing since.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went through a few types to find something that worked and was relatively comfortable.

Probably spent about £100 eventually but your feet are the only things that touch the ground so don't cheap out (or on shoes either).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Yeah I use them, but less and less in recent years as they've done their main job in realigning me. I now only wear them for long walks or other times I feel I could do with extra support.

My flat feet caused my ankles to roll in-over and toes to point outwards when I walked, and the insoles corrected that to a large degree. It took a long time (years) but my posture has been improved immensely by them.
    I'm pretty sure my feet don't roll in though. The outside of my shoes always wears down first and there's not much wear on the inside. I mentioned this to the physio but he reckoned it was my body having adapted to my flat feet and the insoles would stop that too.

I dunno. I might go to a running shop for gait analysis to see what they say. I just want to be able to run and and have my shit cardiovascular system be the only limiting factor, not some dodgy feet/ankle. Getting old is shit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert but maybe the physio is of the opinion that all flat feet people should have insoles (to "force" the arch). Not sure it's such a cut-and-dry solution so get a second opinion. Like you say, running shop is probably your best option, they're always really good.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Well in Lofty.

Keep it up, lad.
    Cheers.

I wear Sketchers Arch Fit like a pensioner these days, it's not fashionable but any of my nice shoes leave me crippled after any intensive use.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Skechers GOWALK6 and they were good to start but I've worn them down so much in less than year.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a pair of Skechers that I bought last year that happened to have some arch support thing in them. They are very comfy but the built in insoles in the heels of them have worn away quite quickly. So like the insole is still there for the rest of my foot but not my heel.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    I started trying to run again recently. Back to couch to 5k. Got to the end of week 1 and had quite a lot of ankle pain. Went to a physio to see about it and he said I've got flat feet. Told me to get orthotics (insoles with arch support for the unaware - I didn't know either). Got some and wore them for a bit when just walking around to see if they helped and they just gave me foot pain in a different place. Fuck's sake.
    Just get a set of trainers with excellent arch support and cushioning and forget about insoles.

I have fallen arches and have been recommended insoles at times, but my current go to shoes deal with the issue by themselves.

Brooks Adrenaline GTS - I buy the new model each year.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the gait analysis done today. I don't pronate or supinate, I'm pretty neutral. My heels don't really touch the ground when running though. The guy recommended a neutral shoe with good cushioning all through the shoe and not just at the heel. Ended up getting a pair of Brooks Glycerin 21s.

£165

They better turn me into Mo Farah.