User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Years diet fred (No Tims allowed)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually getting somewhere now. 3.8kg/8lbs down this month. Calorie counting is a necessary evil, although its not that bad to be honest. It keeps you positive seeing yourself on track and knowing the results are coming.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m the fattest I’ve ever been. Just tried to do a Joe Wickes HIIT thingy and gave up halfway through.

Will try again tomorrow.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want my neck fully back so starting to monitor calories. 6ft1 and weighed in at 16st last Monday so down to 15.5st but that was always happening in the first two weeks or so. The app says November before getting down to 13st eating 1900 but I’ve not really been going over 1500 if near that. Will start back at the gym next week at some point to smooth things over.

Was out drinking on Friday for the last time until the Napoli/Liverpool game at the end of July so be interesting to see how much of an effect that has not drinking for a solid six weeks. Spewed all over the taxi after about 9/10 drinks anyway so probably for the best. Not touching cheese or bread has been the hardest thing surprisingly as assumed crisps would be the issue.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’ll never last on 1500. Figure out how many calories you burn a day then subtract about 600 from that and the weight will come off steadily.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    You’ll never last on 1500. Figure out how many calories you burn a day then subtract about 600 from that and the weight will come off steadily.
    Would that not be under 1500?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be surprised. Someone of Waffs height and weight will be easily burning 2500 a day.

Edit: heres a calculator which will work it out roughly.

https://www.verywellfit.com/how-many-calories-do-i-burn-every-day-3495464

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I’m in a honeymoon phase or something but I feel less hungry than I did before when eating for the sake of it. The first week I felt like I was starving myself but not at the minute. I’ve struggled to eat over 1300 all week and that’s not taking into account exercise. (Walking really, but nothing much else - averaged 11k steps most of the week). Today it says I’ve had 693 calories but 655 wiped off due to walking.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play if you can do it. I’ve tried to do anything between 1500-1800 before and only managed it for a month before going off the rails and fucking it as it was too restrictive.

I’m sitting on about 2200-2400 just now and still losing roughly 1lb a week. Not life changing but means I can still fit in a takeaway or two and a few pints.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea if I’m even eating correctly or not lmao but as I said, we’ll see how it goes. Looking forward to going back to the gym next week as well, so will naturally eat more with that.

Usually have an apple or yogurt between waking up and lunch where I’ll have wafer thin chicken, salad or baked potato and then protein bar/apples/yogurt between that and tea. The missus will just make something off that BBC good food which is all max 600 calories.

Still missing cheese badly ��

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Square go any wan

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the 'before' sorted then.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, of course. See how much of a nonce I can be in the next door photo. Down 11lbs in total from yesterday morning but don’t really notice much other than one roll rather than three in my neck when I look upwards lol

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say be wary of the protein bars which are usually packed with sugar. I'm using myprotein impact whey at the moment which is meant to be decent for cutting.

I've been on smoothies for breakfast for a while now, veg + fruit + almond milk/natural yoghurt. Pretty filling and avoids processed cereals.

My biggest issue at the moment is booze and shitty snacks in work. The fat just sticks to my gut.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under 15st this morning. Eoiii. If you’ve a foot fetish, enjoy x

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right foot is a shambles.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leopard print bags on point though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down to 81kg after a weekend (and last week in part) eating less.

Still got a bit more fat around my waist then I'd like, so think I need to lose another 1-2kg. Unfortunately think that would be at the detriment to strength.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you all doing?

I've managed to stick around the above 80-81kg. I'm regularly 79.5kg first thing in the morning, and obviously a kilo and a bit heavier throughout the day as I rehydrate.

Trying to avoid non baked crisps is tough. Smashed an entire bag of Thai sweet chilli sensations by myself yesterday when hungover after a day of drinking cider

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down about 2 stone since the start of the year, I have found a nice rhythm where I eat and exercise really well during the week and then still go out and enjoy myself over the weekend while sort of making more informed food choices.

After this weekend I'm going to rein in the weekends a bit for a month as I am off to Greece at the end of September for two weeks so would be nice to have dropped a few more pounds before then.

I find the food side of things fine now after a fe months and am doing as much walking as I can each day, my work day is usually 8-12k steps and then I try to top it up to 20k overall with another walk after work.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ. I've done 3,100 steps today.

I should be obese.

Good effort Andy.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in proper "fat bastard" territory these days. I've put on about 2 stone since the turn of the year, and I was a stone overweight then.

I started getting back on the wagon on Sunday, and it's been okay so far. I'm drinking about 6 litres of water per day, which seems to be helping.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seen them low calories Pizza Express pizzas?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been struggling to get back into a healthy eating routine of late. I've given up caffeine since Sunday and found that's helped a bit. I think I was going through quite a bit of caffeine in the name of appetite suppression but then ate more as I had too much energy and got bored.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody on this?

Came in at a record 124.7kg on the 3rd of the month, then down 3.9kg last Friday and probably another 2kg tomorrow. From here it should all be fat coming off. Work is ridiculously quiet so I'm gonna take advantage of not requiring any energy and just hammer myself into the ground.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I'm in proper "fat bastard" territory these days. I've put on about 2 stone since the turn of the year, and I was a stone overweight then.

I started getting back on the wagon on Sunday, and it's been okay so far. I'm drinking about 6 litres of water per day, which seems to be helping.
    Jesus, I didn't know how good I had it.

I'm now a stone heavier, and the heaviest I've been since 2012. I've given myself 6 months to lose 3 stone. I'm 2 weeks in now and feel like I'm over the really difficult stage. The most difficult thing is going to be not drinking anywhere near as much, as it had become borderline out of control.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed the festive period fairly well for a change. Last year I got down to 12.8 and then got up to 13.2 after I started training again were I stayed until Christmas.

Weighed myself last weekend and I was 13.4 which was a lot lighter than I expected as i stopped the exercise for 6 weeks. I assume I've lost muscle and gained fat but overall it could be far worse.

Started back in the gym this week, my aim is to hover around 13 stone for until April time so i can gain a bit of muscle and then cut down to 12 stone for summer.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Offshore. That was pretty much my fat weight, and that was a sustained life-long effort. What have you been doing?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol that's almost double the weight I was feeling aggrieved about at Christmas and we're the same height. Sort your life out.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol nice motivation, lads.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Jesus Offshore. That was pretty much my fat weight, and that was a sustained life-long effort. What have you been doing?
    I can't have been much less last time I posted. Maybe 110kg or just under? 5kg of that heaviest weight was food and water weight as I'd eaten loads the night before and over Christmas.

Apart from that, London has been pretty stressful at times, as well as living with mates who can be just as bad. I've still been active, but since I injured my knee in August I've only been able to do weights. I should have it sorted by April if I drop over 1kg a week I was 105kg at some point last year and pretty trim so I'd like to get down to 100kg.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty trim at 230 pounds is some going.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's nearly two of me.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    That's nearly two of me.
    Really? I assumed you were a fatso too

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other end of the scale. Not through choice, either.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down 6.7kg since the 3rd. Half of that is food/water weight from Christmas, but I've been spending 2 hours in the gym every morning and will continue to do so. At this rate the journey to 105kg is going to be easy and achieved by 13th March.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm down 1 stone 2 pounds so far (as of two days ago). The fact that I'm no longer drinking 3/4 cans a night is saving me about 800 calories per day, so it's actually not been too difficult other than the first week or so.

3 more stone to go.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grenade Carb Killa bars are game changers. I'd heard good things, but "good things" is selling them short. The chocolate chip salted caramel bar is better than any chocolate bar on the market.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They made an Easter egg, it was £10+ delivery though. Regret not getting one now.

Top tier products. The birthday cake bars are spot on as well.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought birthday cake was great at first, but by the end of the bar I was bored of it.

Jaffa Quake is the second best, then white chocolate cookie and white chocolate salted peanut are both very, very good.

I think I've tried pretty much all except dark chocolate mint now, which I'll try tomorrow. Exciting stuff.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Grenade Carb Killa bars are game changers. I'd heard good things, but "good things" is selling them short. The chocolate chip salted caramel bar is better than any chocolate bar on the market.
    They did not sit right with my stomach.

Made me have horrible cramps.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, polyols will flood you out initially but you'll adapt. Never give up.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Breakfast of champions. I buy a few boxes at a time from here and they last a couple of months.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The grenade on the packaging is the same tactic that gets 15 year olds addicted to Monster

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been eating like shit and not going to the gym for a month and a half, and am somehow down 4 kilos. You wot.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Breakfast of champions. I buy a few boxes at a time from here and they last a couple of months.
    Amazon works out cheaper for me cause they knock the VAT off. I've got eight boxes at the moment. The Grenade website is so much more expensive that I can't help but wonder if there'll be a price hike soon. They're £2.90 individually in M&S fcol.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I've been eating like shit and not going to the gym for a month and a half, and am somehow down 4 kilos. You wot.
    I am the opposite. Hardly eating a thing compared to usual and yet feel very fat (too scared to check the numbers).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 lbs down during lockdown.

I think I'll try and have a weekend off the beer and really crack on. I find one weekend of drinking really throws me off.

Knocked my daily calories down from 1950 to 1750 as well, see if that's sustainable for a couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm fluctuating between 78 and 79kg. Definitely got heavier in the lockdown - probably because of drinking.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've settled at 80kg over recent weeks. Will be looking to shave 3kg off in quick fashion.

How far should one be running for purposes of weight loss?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am fairly certain everyone will naturally lose weight once this nightmare is over or at least the 'stay home' part of it is over.

That's what I'm banking on, anyway.