Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 10299

Thread: The little things in life that fuck you off

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Basic class ladder error there, every middle class family puts out bird feeders in winter.
    Life fuck I'd want the set of Hitchcock's classic in one of my three gardens. My neighbour has one and all it's done is attracted legions of swallows to shite on my newly painted fence and decking.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price of philanthropy that is, you'll never get anywhere with that attitude.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pamela Anderson has been addressing the French parliament about a law to stop 'foie gras'. What the fuck is that about? No part of that makes any sense.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its disgusting.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice on toast.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foie gras is pretty fucking cruel, as we were discussing during a particularly cultured Rocket League session the other night.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Pamela Anderson has been addressing the French parliament about a law to stop 'foie gras'. What the fuck is that about? No part of that makes any sense.
    Which bits are you struggling with? Pamela Anderson's involvement is the only curious part and even that can explained by her being a SCHELEBRITEE.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Pamela Anderson was invited to French parliament to discuss foie gras. There's no way she can be more knowledgeable on the subject than others, as Joanna Lumley was with the Gurkhas, and she can barely even be described as a celebrity at this point. Presumably she's a patron of some anti-cruelty charity but again, she can't be the most knowledgeable person available. She's just a vapid former tit model.

The one part of the story that does make sense is that a load of French politicians refused to entertain the idea and just didn't turn up. I like that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the Hollywood Foreign Press Association nominating all manner of shite for the Golden Globes, whoever invited her probably just wanted a chance to hang out with someone they've been masturbating furiously over for the last 25 years.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Its disgusting.
    It is although they are trying to make it more ethical, although you don't get nearly as much from a duck or a goose.

Although, as someone mentioned when we were talking about it during a Rocket League session, all farming is technically unethical. We feed the animals up to gain maximum potential in terms of a food source.

After speaking about foie gras we spoke about what animals we wouldn't eat, there's a thread in that probably.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a monthly film quiz at the local cinema here, which I've been going to pretty much without fail since it started two or three years ago. First I formed a team with my brother that was sort of middling, then he stopped going for a while due to work and I joined with friends who were a few short. We did a lot better but never managed to win it.

They've always had one or two too many people though, and it just happened to be that none of them all wanted to go at the same time, but recently everybody has been available and as the newest to the team I agreed to go back to the old team, as my brother had started going again. Also in that team is a very possibly autistic older cousin of my brother's friend. He's a complete arsehole but we've won the last two quizzes largely on his knowledge, so I'm the tricky situation of not actually enjoying the experience as much as I used to but finding it hilarious that I was essentially kicked out of the other team and have won every time since.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    There's a monthly film quiz at the local cinema here, which I've been going to pretty much without fail since it started two or three years ago. First I formed a team with my brother that was sort of middling, then he stopped going for a while due to work and I joined with friends who were a few short. We did a lot better but never managed to win it.

They've always had one or two too many people though, and it just happened to be that none of them all wanted to go at the same time, but recently everybody has been available and as the newest to the team I agreed to go back to the old team, as my brother had started going again. Also in that team is a very possibly autistic older cousin of my brother's friend. He's a complete arsehole but we've won the last two quizzes largely on his knowledge, so I'm the tricky situation of not actually enjoying the experience as much as I used to but finding it hilarious that I was essentially kicked out of the other team and have won every time since.
    Mate, pub quiz etiquette is a fucking minefield. There's a maximum of 6 people on teams at the one I go to. We finished 2nd the other week, but only at the end did the quiz master notice they had 10 players. As runners up we would have won the quiz (and the £50 bar tab prize) but the QM didn't have the balls to go through with it because he's the brother of one of our team members. Fair enough I guess.

Pub quizzes in general are frustrating as fuck. Our team has finished 2nd by three or four points about 4 times, 2nd by a point once, and xmas 2014 we came joint first and lost on a cunting tie-break.

The time we lost by a point, the question had been the inventor of some electrical device, one of our team had guessed the correct answer, but the person writing down the answers hadn't noticed him coming up with a plausible answer and wrote 'John Decibel' for a laugh instead. I found that more funny than annoying in fairness.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blatant cheating does my head in. People going to the toilets mid round or just sitting there on their phones, under the table. Completely ruins it for me, and I just assume everyone else is cheating.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only place I've ever seen cheating was a really bad pub quiz me and some uni mates went to once. It was a horrible cocktail bar frequented by JMU students, and all the questions were about reality tv and celebs. The pub quiz machine there was always really easy to win money on, though. I mean no offence to any John Moores students past or present in this post.

If you go to a decent pub without wankers you generally shouldn't get people cheating. Once we had some weird mate of a mate join our team and offer to find out the answer to a question on his phone in the toilets, and he couldn't understand why we didn't want him to. We were never going to win first place that week so what's the fucking point?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foie gras is excellent.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This talk of cheating has made me think - has Indoctrin shown his face in recent years? That whole saga was a brilliant read, though probably lost to the mass deleting of last year.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't he come back and play it normally for a bit, only to then cheat another tournament? Say what you want about some of the weirdos TTH has seen, but the FM Sections were a right hive at one point.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really missed a golden opportunity to do a full on TD timeline.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Nota Bene' was the top fruitcake I reckon. What the fuck was he doing? Me and Ledley (and to a lesser extent Floyd) had a right seethe when IJ wouldn't let us hassle him into admitting that he was thelastnightintown and not some Swiss-Italian polymath.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    This talk of cheating has made me think - has Indoctrin shown his face in recent years? That whole saga was a brilliant read, though probably lost to the mass deleting of last year.
    It was an open secret on the old board that he was a cheat. The signs were there. He'd often win 38 out of 38 games a season and he even got Hernandez to score a thousand goals for United in one save. Then I think in either FM12 or 13 he entered the boards FM tournament and got to the final. Before they even announced the results he was accused of cheating and when the save was looked at, it was proven.
    I think he was outright perma-banned. I don't think anyone here or the old place heard from him since.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't find the Indoctrin is a cheat lololol threads, but forget that. Did you ever receive your 2011 Staff Challenge medal, Yevrah?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    It was an open secret on the old board that he was a cheat. The signs were there. He'd often win 38 out of 38 games a season and he even got Hernandez to score a thousand goals for United in one save. Then I think in either FM12 or 13 he entered the boards FM tournament and got to the final. Before they even announced the results he was accused of cheating and when the save was looked at, it was proven.
    I think he was outright perma-banned. I don't think anyone here or the old place heard from him since.
    Winning every game with a big team isn't unusual (especially after a couple of seasons), but when IJ and Guido looked at his save it turned out that his main thing was editing players. It would have been lol enough if it was his own, but he used to strip opposing centre-backs of their pace and tackling so that his players could basically run through them.

'I tabbed out and came back to find us 21-0 up. '
    'can i have your tactic mate?'

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    He was unbanned after a while and came back.

The monthly FM challenges were always better than the yearly ones, it was a shame I broke them though

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he was saving/quitting? I have recollections of someone from SI looking at the save file and saying it had been saved about 200 odd times in a few seasons.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I read through it, it was both hilarious use of in-game editors AND reloading 200+ times. Funny shit.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was saving it before every game as well (and probably re-loading when they scored less than five), but I used to save it before every game out of shit PC-having habit, and Guido (tactics be upon him) claimed to do likewise, so that was never enough to do him. I reckon IJ just had it in for him as part of some camp goth blood feud.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to save before finals and league deciders. If I had a player sent off in the first few minutes I'd reload without even finishing the match.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al0ntelli View Post
    Jimmy sent the save game to SI, who checked how many times the game had been saved. Was like 300 times in one season. Plus, Indoctrin, the dozy fuck, forgot to change back some of Real Madrids players stats before sending off the save game for checking.
    Alan

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to save and reload play-off finals and cup finals until I won until I was about 14. I still save before every final out of tradition/habit but never reload.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out that the whole thing actually happened before the crash so the actual fallout is gone which is a shame.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried using my trusty search skills but it would appear you're correct. You only need to go through his past posts to see something was suspect.

200 plus goals for Hernandez for Mexico whilst coaxing him to delay his retirement four times...sure.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (3 file)Auto save every 2 weeks is enough. Unless you're into that late night 'one more match' phase. In which case I start saving after every match, in case I've had enough before the next one.

I'm pretty sure the mob was out with the pitchforks and torches for him, but this was a good 4 years ago now so I could be wrong. I had no idea he was editing the players of their pace/tackling though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    Alan
    Quite mad when you consider I saved less than that in my Sheff United save.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His San Marino save was far more lol than whatever he got out of the club game. I'm sure he won Euro 2012 with them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indoctrin
    25-05-2007, 07:32 PM

So you've only lost 8 games?

Just 7, and all in my first 5 seasons of management. I think its helped ive found pretty damn good keepers every time ive looked for one.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4...toryge8.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?i...historyge8.jpg)

Some of my Betis records:
    Highest Scoring Game: 33-0 v Sporting Lisbon
    Highest Scoring League Game: 20 - 0 v Malaga
    Biggest Win: 33-0 v Sporting Libson
    Biggest Leage Win: 20-0 v Malaga
    Highest Attendence: 104,086
    Total Transfers Out: £245million
    Most League Goals: 138
    Goals Conceeded: 12
    Biggest Goal Difference: 120
    Total Points: 114
    Games Won In A Row 65 (in a season)
    Games Unbeaten: 195
    League Games Won In A Row: 117
    League Games Without Losing: 145

Betis Records Part 1:
    http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/3...ordskj7.th.jpg (http://img454.imageshack.us/my.php?i...recordskj7.jpg)
    Betis Records Part 2:
    http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/1...rds2nm9.th.jpg (http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ecords2nm9.jpg)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was an FM tournament game where Alan accused me of cheating because I saved before every game. I was unaware that there were people who didn't save before every game, cause FM would crash for me about 10 times per season.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The suspicious thing with his saving patterns was that the file had been loaded more times than it had been saved, I'm sure. He was just an idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Mate, pub quiz etiquette is a fucking minefield. There's a maximum of 6 people on teams at the one I go to. We finished 2nd the other week, but only at the end did the quiz master notice they had 10 players. As runners up we would have won the quiz (and the £50 bar tab prize) but the QM didn't have the balls to go through with it because he's the brother of one of our team members. Fair enough I guess.

Pub quizzes in general are frustrating as fuck. Our team has finished 2nd by three or four points about 4 times, 2nd by a point once, and xmas 2014 we came joint first and lost on a cunting tie-break.

The time we lost by a point, the question had been the inventor of some electrical device, one of our team had guessed the correct answer, but the person writing down the answers hadn't noticed him coming up with a plausible answer and wrote 'John Decibel' for a laugh instead. I found that more funny than annoying in fairness.
    I've been running a quiz of my own recently as well, not quite monthly but fairly regular. I have the same six team limit and the same happened in the first quiz, with the winning team slowly adding members through the night as their mates turned up. It's really hard to do anything about as a quizmaster if you haven't laid down the law at the start, especially as they tend to just claim their mates aren't taking part. Now I just tell teams they can either split up or I'll reduce their score proportionally and it's enough to put them off.

Those bastards were clearly cheating with mobiles in the toilets, which is particularly hard to police when there's too many in the team, but I haven't seen anybody doing that since. If they are they're not doing so very successfully. We had rollover jackpots of the entry money, which grew to £200+ on a couple of occasions, so the incentive was there I suppose. I don't understand why you'd cheat in a quiz with the usual novelty prizes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to book a restaurant on Edinburgh on Saturday 13th February and couldn't figure out why everything seemed to be fully booked.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finally twigged what you're chatting about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky.

Blues game moved to a Sunday for the cameras.13th game moved so far this season. The fucks.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been running a quiz of my own recently as well, not quite monthly but fairly regular. I have the same six team limit and the same happened in the first quiz, with the winning team slowly adding members through the night as their mates turned up. It's really hard to do anything about as a quizmaster if you haven't laid down the law at the start, especially as they tend to just claim their mates aren't taking part. Now I just tell teams they can either split up or I'll reduce their score proportionally and it's enough to put them off.

Those bastards were clearly cheating with mobiles in the toilets, which is particularly hard to police when there's too many in the team, but I haven't seen anybody doing that since. If they are they're not doing so very successfully. We had rollover jackpots of the entry money, which grew to £200+ on a couple of occasions, so the incentive was there I suppose. I don't understand why you'd cheat in a quiz with the usual novelty prizes.

We normally head to one a week and have been around a few round Bristol, and I've been pleasently surprised by a lack of phone wankers in several of them. One has the most authoritarian quizmaster going sorting it all out (shouting/deducting points for merely a mobile being out of pocket), but the other two just seem to not be subject to the cunts which made Swansea pub quizzes such a chore.

We've won a few times recently with only two of us either in attendance or of any use (we've had 6 person teams where only us two actually ever answer). Unfortunately, the one we win with greatest ease also marked us incorrectly two weeks running too, and one of those occasions we had a winning score (the other team didn't add our picture round to the the final score and the quizmasters don't give enough of a shit to validate it). They announce the winners before handing the sheets back too, which is fucking annoying, so we've not challenged it on those occasions

Still, we've had quite a few £30 drinks vouchers and bottles of £15 wine as a result, always nice - and it's £1 off draught beers, from a superb (largely craft) bar.

I've been trying to book a restaurant on Edinburgh on Saturday 13th February and couldn't figure out why everything seemed to be fully booked.
    Fuck, that took me ages to get. Surprising when for the previous 8 years I'd have been expected to have something decent booked by now. Talking of pub quiz I'll need to get the other lad to bring his hot mate before Valentines, I've been planning to get her number so that's the ideal time...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finally convinced Lauren that Valentine's is complete bollocks.

Which means she's going to be very pleasantly surprised that I've booked is a table in a nice looking place in Tromso on the 11th.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I've finally convinced Lauren that Valentine's is complete bollocks.

Which means she's going to be very pleasantly surprised that I've booked is a table in a nice looking place in Tromso on the 11th.
    Fuck me. You've got yourselves out of a hole then? Fair one, happy for you's, gutted for the Relationship Thread.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Sky.

Blues game moved to a Sunday for the cameras.13th game moved so far this season. The fucks.
    It's really annoying. We've got four Saturdays left I think. I wish they'd show some feckin away games instead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    It's really annoying. We've got four Saturdays left I think. I wish they'd show some feckin away games instead.
    I dont why they enjoy the half empty grounds. It's a derby but they've constantly moved the last few so its just been so poorly attended. We've had four Saturday home games so far this season. Totally pointless having a ST.
    Test.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have only two left the whole season. . Why grab a season ticket at all. Heh.
    Test.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with us they like showing our stadium off on the cameras, and it's well equipped for media etc.

If I'm honest they're probably better off picking a noisier ground.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I think with us they like showing our stadium off on the cameras, and it's well equipped for media etc.

If I'm honest they're probably better off picking a noisier ground.
    Yeah I think they just expect a big audience with us but forget that the season is already over for ourselves.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the process of becoming the last person in Scotland to watch Kevin Bridges' latest DVD, and his exaggeration of his natural Glaswegian accent is doing my nut in. It's like he rebels against his own 'Leamington Spa' stuff as soon as he goes past Springburn and has to be six times more Glaswegian than anyone from Glasgow has ever been to cleanse himself.