User Tag List

Thread: The Last Guardian

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Last Guardian

So it's finally here, the other game that received a shit load of hype just like No Man's Sky when it was first unveiled.

I got my copy this morning but I've only had time to play the very first part and first impressions are really good.

I've read that Trico can be a bit like a dickhead puppy at times but he's been good to me. Would a dickhead puppy let you do this:

I think not.

Anyway, I doubt I'll have much time this weekend sadly but I feel like I could sink some serious hours into this on Monday and Tuesday.

@ItalAussie on it like a cheap suit, surely?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Giant Bomb Quick Look seemed pretty good. The frame rate takes a bit of a beasting on the normal PS4 though it seems. Looks intriguing, though I don't think I'd buy it full price.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I wasn't catching up on other big hitters, I'd be deep into it. Nobody's jumped on it for the site, mind. It's a Ueda game so the frame-rate and puppy-bashing that Jim Sterling shat the bed over don't concern me too much.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mahowry View Post
    @ItalAussie on it like a cheap suit, surely?
    I don't own a PS4, and I can't imagine that changing for a couple of years yet. But I desperately want to play this game, so we'll see.

This and Journey together might be enough to sway my finances.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've heard you have to guide Trico, like a pet. A lot of reviewers missed that, but we're in a world of Ubisoft style direction where everything has a notification/waypoint/guide. Its a game where you need to unlearn all of that recent shit.

Frustrating for some, gratifying for many. Ala the Souls games.

I'll be on this in two weeks, skint until then. Ico is one of two games to make me feel legit emotion (Spec Ops: The Line being the other).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a twist, Trico's your muscle. Combined with his dumbess, if this doesn't go Of Mice and Men, I'll be amazed.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    I don't own a PS4, and I can't imagine that changing for a couple of years yet. But I desperately want to play this game, so we'll see.

This and Journey together might be enough to sway my finances.
    Journey is brilliant and gorgeous, but it's three hours and while you'll definitely play through it more than once it's not something with infinite replay value so it's not the sort of title that should push you into a purchase.

I'll pick this up in the next couple of weeks.