User Tag List

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 1809

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Whitney in the D Tier, but a video I watched said that the team of Her/Rosa/Barry is broken as fuck and destroys the whole game.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m stuck on chapter 4. Probably gonna delete.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just 3* dickheads on first roll.

Edit: And again. I'll do one more tonight.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 29-08-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do we spend the gems on? Is it just new trainers?

Fuck it, bought 4 with the free Gems. Got:

Agatha- Gengar (4*)
    Roxanne- Nosepass (3*)
    Clay- Palpitoad (3*)
    Maylene- Meditite (3*)

Doesn't seem great... but... Agatha should be useful.
    Last edited by Browning; 29-08-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third time seems to have been the charm.

I got Will/Xatu 4* and Noland/Pinsir 4* who are both highly ranked in the tier list.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6059-9750-7748-1957 is my MATES code.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen the video of the Togedemaru who won the World Championship. That must be the best play in the history of Pokemon.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all set for Sword/Shield? I’ve heard there’s a big fuss about it but haven’t bothered to look what it is.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the graphics and animations are terrible

I saw one "highlight" and it seemed pretty pokemon to me but i also never really played it

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pre-ordered mine ages ago when I was still at my old place.

It was sent there today despite me asking them to change my address \0/.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going Sword and cos I was good old Bulbasaur back in the day will be starting with Grookey

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not gonna be getting it as I can't be fucked to buy a Switch just to play it for 200 hours this month & then never again, but I'll probably watch a few playthroughs of it & I've started checking out competitive again so I might play some Showdown for a bit.

I'm sure it'll all be very Pokemon.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite enjoying it so far, having gone in relatively blind. Although some of the designs are atrocious, looking at you weird elephant thing at the beginning.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don’t know the half of it.
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't played much but I like it a lot.

Presentation is really good, they've added some new quality of life things and I like the Dynamax raids.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell dynamaxing is UTTERLY BROKEN in competitive

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've spent the last few days running around the open area at the beginning doing the giant Pokemon fights and catching everything I can. Might be overkill against the first gym.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that I preferred when your Pokemon had to participate in the battle in order to get XP.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    I think that I preferred when your Pokemon had to participate in the battle in order to get XP.
    Agreed. The new system is bollocks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beat the Champion yesterday with a team of the monkey who plays drums (can't remember the name), growlithe, sylveon, snorlax, gyarados, and hawlucha. Is there anything else to do now, apart from capturing the hundreds of Pokemon I am missing, or is that basically it? I enjoyed the game, but it seemed much shorter than the first one, which is the only other one I played. Could be because I was like 13 at the time though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to pick up Sword and have a go at a new Nuzlocke (despite not being able to complete one but I can't play Pokemon any other way now)

Thing went swimmingly up to and including Nessa's gym, as my Rookidee powered through Milo's Grass types and Thwackey swept aside Nessa's Water gym. I had a solid team and I actually thought we might do this in one. Unfortunately not, as I lost my Vulpix and Dottler to random trainer battles. Kabu's Fire Gym saw my Gyarados die and then while training against Wobbuffets in the Wild Area I also lost Sirfetch'd and Thwackey.

The worst actually came while making my way to Stow-on-Side to face Bea's Gym and engaged in a Double Battle against a Pawniard and Togetic. My second Vulpix got rid of Pawniard and the Togetic nearly swept my fucking team. I lost Galarian Linoon, Inkay, Vulpix and Mareanie (which especially hurt as Toxapex would have done well against Opal's Gym)

As a result my current team is

• Lv. 32 Golisopod - Razor Shell, Sand Attack, Drill Run, First Impression
    • Lv. 35 Corvisquire - Drill Peck, Taunt, Fury Attack, Pluck
    • Lv. 24 Joltik - Fury Cutter, Electroweb, Bug Bite, Electro Ball
    • Lv. 27 Snorunt - Powder Snow, Astonish, Ice Shard, Icy Wind
    • Lv. 27 Shiftry - Leaf Tornado, Rollout, Mega Drain, Payback
    • Lv. 32 Pangoro - Low Sweep, Vital Throw, Night Slash, Work Up

God knows what I'll do against Bea's Fighting types. Corvisquire would be the obvious choice but many Fighting types come with Rock Throw or Rock Slide. No chance of using Shiftry or Pangoro, need to do some grinding really.

Current Nuzlocke rules;

• Catch the first Pokemon in an area - I can however choose to catch the first overworld one I see, or the first chance encounter one
    • No Dynamax Raids
    • Dynamaxing allowed in battles - if I can, then the opponent will be
    • Each area of the Wild Area counts as a separate catch area
    • One mercy revive (already used up)
    • If I happen to come across a Very-Strong Pokemon, I cannot catch it and the encounter does not count for any deaths

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I did some massive grinding and got past Bea but not without losses. I went in with Corviknight but after getting a good hit on Hitmontop, he used Revenge and OHKO Corviknight. Had a sinking feeling that this could be the end of the run but I managed to struggle through, losing Snorunt in the meantime. Got to her Machamp and decided to Dynamax my Galvantula as it was the only 'Mon left without an obvious weakness and at full health. She eventually died but not without putting in some work and really damaging Machamp, enough to allow Golisopod to finish it off.

I need to do some more grinding before facing Opal because I can see Fairy types ripping through my team and losing Corviknight means I don't have Steel Wing. Current team

*Lv. 39 Shiftry - Leaf Tornado, Rollout, X-Scissor, Dark Pulse
    *Lv. 37 Golisopod - Razor Shell, Sand Attack, Drill Run, First Impression
    *Lv. 37 Pangoro - Low Sweep, Crunch, Night Slash, Work Up
    *Lv. 34 Dubwool - Headbutt, Take Down, Copycat, Double Kick
    *Lv. 36 Vespiquen - Power Gem, Air Slash, Toxic, Bug Bite
    *Lv. 34 Morgrem - Dazzling Gleam, Sucker Punch, Swagger, False Surrender

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Nuzlocked it too and finished recently but didn’t have any troubles. I lost my Scraggy against Bede when he pulled out an unexpected fairy move (which I should have seen coming as I had the same mon ) and my Gyarados against Hop because I didn’t know one of his mons was electric but otherwise we lost nothing until the champion fight. I lost 3 mons there, one of which was to an unexpected steel move, one (my starter) was sacked off because I didn’t want to switch even though I probably could have saved him but as it was the last fight oh well and then Jellicent went down after using Destiny Bond on Charizard.

Oh and I lost a Sudowoodo against the legendary, forgot that one.

Roserade and Corviknight made it to the end with Corviknight being the real MVP.

Working on getting a complete living dex now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my issue was definitely being underleveled, or at least not levelling to a reasonable degree between gyms. Opal was reasonable enough, as I had learnt to not send out your best 'Mon early doors and went with Vespiquen, who got rid of Weezing but died to her Togekiss. Golisopod managed to do some decent damage to Togekiss before being forced out by Emergency Exit but at that point Hatterne was able to sweep up the rest of her team. Next up is the Rock Gym and Shiftry should be the main 'Mon there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Gordie was easy but again in an unexpected way. My strategy was to let Shiftry do the heavy lifting, given that Golisopod has STAB Water moves, but a weakness to Rock and Emergency Exit being a real pain. However Shiftry was killed by a critical X-Scissor from a Crustle by one of the Gym Trainers.

Fuck.

So I was resolving myself to using Golisopod until when going through my team, I had a brainwave to use Pangoro. His Low Sweep would be Super Effective and if I could fire off a few Work-Ups I could probably sweep his team. Barbaracle was swept away quickly and I did my set up against Stojouner, after which I swept him. Decided to Dynamax against Shuckle (don't fuckle with Shuckle) and OHKO both Shuckle and Coalossal.

Next up is the Dark Gym, which between Hatterene, Pangoro and Golisopod is probably the first gym I can comfortably say I have multiple options for. Hatterene will probably be my main for this one.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Piers was easy enough to blow through, didn't lose a single 'Mon, however after getting the bike-boat thing and exploring the last two Wild Areas I ended up losing my Grimmsnarl, which was pretty devastating. I took the opportunity to grind and shuffle the team with some 'Mons in the box to generate the following team;

Lv. 43 Weezing - Assurance, Sludge, Double Hit, Sludge Bomb
    Lv. 49 Pangoro - Low Sweep, Crunch, Parting Shot, Work Up
    Lv. 48 Golisopod - Razor Shell, Poison Jab, Liquidation, First Impression
    Lv. 50 Hatterene - Psychic, Psycho Cut, Dazzling Gleam, Magical Leaf
    Lv. 51 Drednaw - Headbutt, Counter, Jaw Lock, Liquidation
    Lv. 50 Abomasnow - Razor Leaf, Blizzard, Wood Hammer, Ice Punch

Next up is Raihan who I understand is a Dragon trainer, so here goes Abomasnow!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck. Raihan will be interesting for sure.

Very close to finishing my living dex. Need 8 Pokemon, 7 of which I can obtain today given the weather. My kingdom for a Mawile.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mawile was actually available yesterday and I got him. Unfortunately didn’t get Drampa though so I’ll be missing one mon until the weather aligns again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know if you’re still going @Byron but after reading this again it seems a few trips to the move learner guy would help those move sets a lot. I’m doing a second Nuzlocke (necessary to get the 2 final mons I need) and have used some of the same mons but Shiftry and Weezing in particular benefitted hugely from going to him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raihan not only wiped his team, it wiped the trainer too.

RIP in pieces, Byron.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, may as well post about mine while we wait for the tale of Byron's demise...

Started a 2nd Nuzlocke but with dupes clause applying to everyone I used in my first run (so far that's only been used twice, for Budew and Stuffel). I also didn't allow myself to use any of the Starters as they all seem to be a bit OP. Route 1 yielded a Skwovet who I couldn't grind at all because he was going to die so I ran straight to Route 2 and caught a Seedot who became my unofficial starter. He was a lucky get because he was the same type as the actual starter I chose, meaning he would beat Hop. We did get some useless crap from some of the early routes but Wooper, Pancham, Roggenrola and Elektrike gave us a fairly solid base for a team and Skwovet was sacked off when Dottler joined up, giving us out first 6.

My original plan was to use a Snover I got for the grass gym, but this was abandoned when Seedot evolved all the way to Shiftry and got access to Air Slash and Hurricane. He ran riot in the Grass gym, one shotting everything except the Dynamax (2 shots) and he did the same in the water gym. The fire badge was similarly easy when Gigalith one shot the Ninetales (after setting up Stealth Rocks), 2 shot the Arcanine (only taking 2 shitty bites in the process) and one shot the Centiskortch (sp?).

I was concerned about Bea because we started failing encounters due to mons killing themselves. 2 Golett's both cursed themselves to death, costing me 2 routes, and a Helioptile died due to it's dry skin ability. Luckily we got a Koffing and some serious grinding turned him into Weezing. Unfortunately, during said grinding, our unofficial starter, Shiftry, met his end, after being hit by a 4 x effective pin missile I should have seen coming but just didn't.

Dottler came back in and evolved and we demolished Bea with our Weezing. As we stand:

Quagsire- 41 (Aqua Tail, Slam, Yawn, Mud Shot)
    Weezing- 40 (Toxic, Assurance, Sludge Bomb, Strange Steam)
    Gigalith- 39 (Headbutt, Rock Slide, Stealth Rock, Sand Tomb)
    Pangoro- 38 (Night Slash, Work Up, Low Sweep, Slash)
    Manectric- 36 (Thunder Wave, Discharge, Bite, Quick Attack)
    Orbeetle- 35 (Bug Buzz, Psybeam, Light Screen, Reflect)

Weezing probably needs to take the lead again for the Fairy gym but the rock one should be a piece of piss.

Edit- Forgot how quick afterwards Opal's gym was. She was taken care of, although not in the way I imagined. I sent out Quagsire first because I remembered she had Weezing first. What I didn't remember was it having Levitate until it was too late. Quagsire took care of Weezing nonetheless with Aqua Tails and took care of Mawile with 2 Digs. For Togetic we switched to Weezing but a crit Air Slash put him on low health. Instead we swap to Gigalith and use out one allowed heal per match on Weezing before killing it with Rock Slide. We swap back to Weezing for the G-Max Alcremie and he easily beats it. It took 3 shots, I think, but Alcremie was doing no damage.
    Last edited by Browning; 22-01-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my first play through of Alpha Sapphire and I just killed Kyogre after a 30 minute battle where he broke almost every ball I had. Fucking Machoke got a critical hit and my stomach fell through my arse.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently my phone can emulate up to Pokémon Black/White 2. I know Blaze Black/Volt White were highly recommended over the originals, but can anyone vouch for the same for 2? Not sure if I should stick to the base game or do the rom hack.

Or are there versions from before Black 2 that are deemed as better overall? Last version I played proper was Emerald so it’s quite a jump, regardless.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Direct

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started playing Shield. Went with Scorbunny and almost immediately caught a Nickit, cos they’re mates in Pokémon Journeys and my daughter got chufties. Looking forward to getting stuck into it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty hyped. The remakes look great minus the weird chibi models and Legends: Arceus looks epic but does sound to be mission based like Monster Hunter (hopefully I'm wrong).
    Last edited by P_3; 18-08-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So following Yevrah's stint at streaming his Dark Souls playthrough I've decided to get involved and do a stream of Pokemon Shield before the release of BDSP next month, so feel free to join in and support me on my adventure. It will be a Nuzlocke and will contain the following rules:

• Can only catch the first chance encounter in the tall grass in each unique area, not the ones running on the overworld
    • Each area in the Wild Area is a unique area
    • If a Pokemon faints it is dead and gets boxed
    • Can't buy healing items
    • When fighting gym leader, highest level Pokemon must not be higher than his/her highest level
    • Team members will be named after TTH members

Let's see how it goes.

https://www.twitch.tv/yegs88

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summary of what has happened so far:
    • Got the Grass badge without any trouble
    • Lost Mahow the Skwovet to Nessa's Drednaw but got the Water badge
    • Lost Boydy the Baltoy (my main for the Fire Gym) in a wild battle
    • Which was followed up by losing almost everyone else trying to catch the Fire types in the Gym - Spikey M the Barboach, Baz the Corvisquire, Waffelz the Machop and Lewis the Spritzee - but I managed to win the badge
    • On the way to the 4th Gym lost Wullie the Tranquil

This leaves the team looking like this with Jimmy Floyd the Wooloo in the box:
    Lv31 Kiko the Raboot
    Lv28 Igor Balis the Heatmor
    Lv28 Giggles the Wimpod
    Lv27 Dark Soldier the Pawniard
    Lv26 Shindig the Snover
    Lv25 Taz the Duskull

As it is, loads of training to do to match the Lv36 Pokemon that the Gym leader has. Will be going live on Twitch now.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool idea. Sorry I don’t have time to watch
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry. Any support is welcome.

Yesterday was much better, with no one dying and a few new additions to the team in the form of Pleb the Arrokuda, SvN the Chewtle and Ian the Sinistea. They'll sit in the back and fill in for any more casualties. I got two badges with Dark Soldier and Kiko dealing with the Ghost and Fairy gyms. Have just entered the Ice gym city with the following team:
    Lv41 Kiko the Cinderace
    Lv40 Giggles the Golisopod
    Lv40 Dark Soldier the Pawniard (why won't you evolve?)
    Lv39 Igor Balis the Heatmor
    Lv38 Jimmy Floyd the Dubwool
    Lv37 Shindig the Snover (see DS above)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a busy few days at work so didn't get round to playing until today. But first a summary of Monday's efforts.

The 6th gym was the Ice one and I went in thinking, right let's get DS evolved but we met Frosmoth who used Bug Buzz and wiped him off the field. We also lost Shindig to a critical hit Ice Beam from the Lapras that the Gym Leader has. A quick hop across to the Dark gym we picked up Raoul Duke the Delibird and a pair of Pokes who helped us with the gym. First was Byron the Kingler who learns Hammer Arm via the move rememberer and Gray Fox the Thievul who resists Dark moves. We beat the gym but lost Jimmy Floyd. This leaves the team looking like this with just Raihan to go but I might get out and catch some new team members to help with his Dragon types. Only the majority of the Wild Area to do it in.

• Lv46 Kiko - Cinderace
    • Lv46 Giggles - Golisopod
    • Lv45 Igor Balis - Heatmor
    • Lv41 Byron - Kingler
    • Lv33 Taz - Duskull
    • Lv32 SvN - Dreadnaw

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like every time I check in, Kiko's putting in the work.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very fitting you've made the scouser a Thievul.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Kiko is pretty much our match winner, even more so after yesterday's shambles. As for calling Thievul Gray Fox, it is literally because it is a fox not because of some Scouse related generalisation.

Yesterday I delved into the rest of the Wild Area where I have not yet caught a Pokemon and it was a big mistake. Whilst I did add Browning the Rhyhorn, Offshore the Eldegoss and Smiffy the Koffing, in my careless endeavours they all succumbed to death via wild Pokemon fights or trainers. Unfortunately the nightmare didn't end there: Byron, Taz and Raoul Duke fell by the way side too, leaving me with almost the same team that I started with, just Ian and Gray Fox coming back in for the gym. We got through the trainers ok but poor decision making from myself saw only Ian and Kiko survive the barrage from Raihan's team, RIP Giggles, Igor Balis, SvN and Gray Fox. Going into the end game (and due to the fact the levels jump around like crazy, my max level will be set to Lv65) the squad looks like this:

• Lv49 Kiko - Cinderace
    • Lv35 Ian - Polteageist
    • Lv21 Pleb - Arrokuda

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm done. Even Kiko can't survive an Earthquake.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GAME are giving out shiny dogs for Sword/Shield by email.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we thinking lads? Shining Pearl or Brilliant Diamond?

I've looked at the exclusives and I can't decide.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both.

Both is good.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm leaning towards Pearl so I can start with Piplup and use Houndoom (who is a boss) as my fire boy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant Diamond just for Rampardos.