User Tag List

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 1814

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it'll be a Steel gym next and Aggron will be the figure to own. Lucky I have him.

My latest opponent was running Heatran without a fucking clue how to use him. I got both his corners locked with just his Goalie on the field, but Heatran kept his hopes alive. He constantly jumped out and CONSTANTLY spun purple Vs my white.... however he kept jumping out to the wrong spot. If he had picked other spots he could have pushed me away and blocked my other mons from retaking the corner but he never did. At the end of the match he pushed Palkia away and I retook the corner with Kyogre.... now keep in mind Palkia occupies one of the spots 2 away.... instead of leaping out between me and the goalie, he leaps out to the other spot, and then it comes off for him again, he can only push me next to the goalie. Idiot.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not convinced by any of the new Pokemon but I need to buy something with my material. Tempted to just get Sceptile, but feel like it's a waste at this point. I guess I'll wait and see what people are doing for the next Gym.

Did get another Aggron this morning so that's something. I hope he gets the MP boost in the event but it looks like that might be going to Rock types. Rhyperior

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the plunge and spent 4000 on Terrakion. Can't stand sitting on it rather than getting a new figure. Should be an exceptional counter to Sceptile, mew and greninja.

Next gym seems to be Rock getting the MP and Steel getting the +20. With that in mind my planned deck is: Mew, Terrakion (two runners), Aggron x 2, Rhyperior and one from Metagross/Heatran/Empoleon. Probably Heatran.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New gym, I think I'll roll with this:

Aggron
    Lucario x2
    Empoleon
    Metagross
    Mew.

Not really sure about it but I don't have many options in rock or steel.

Edit: Just got a Coballion, he can come in for Metagross.

Edit: And I spent 4k mats on Terrakion so he comes in for one Lucario.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not convinced by Rhyperior, but the rest of my deck is immense for this.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrakion is

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After struggling for the past few days I completely revamped my deck to Greninja, Manaphy, Mew, Magikarp (Gyarados), Kyogre and Corsola and it is absolutely demolishing everyone.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New gym but it's nowhere near as easy for me as the last one (though I am 6-2 so it's not too bad). Running with Terrakion, Virizion, Mew, Infernape, Lucario and Zapdos.

My water deck got raped today though, miss after miss after fucking miss.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pokemon Direct just about to start. All of the previous ones have been big news, usually a new game, so hopefully this one will have something interesting too.

Marriland hosting it on Twitch.

EDIT: Pokken Tournament DX for the Switch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you miss the new DS games?

Edit- And Gold/Silver on the VC They're shit but

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I went shopping about two minutes in

Looks like Solgaleo & Lunala can both fuse with Necrozma, Kyurem-Black/White style, and potentially new pokemon/forms.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what it is about Sun/Moon, but they really seem to have dampened a lot of people's attitudes towards the series. I myself still haven't bothered to take on the E4 but I put that down to the ridiculous level bump I expect there to be (I'm not sure as I haven't tried it) and the fact I couldn't be bothered to grind it out and didn't want to fail a Nuzlocke that far in. I'll probably just go for it sometime soon when I can be bothered. But the usual people I talk to who would usually be really hyped by a new game being announced just don't seem to care one way or another. Maybe Sun/Moon were just a bit shit on reflection.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I played the whole main story in about a week then never touched it again. Didn't even finish the post-game stuff.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you still playing Mahow ?

I've opened 21 single boosters since the update (I was saving them for the update, and then I got 2 more today to take it to 21) and I have pulled both Suicune and Swampert. Bring on the gym.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rarely.

I've run out of steam so I've decided to go on a bit of a break.

Wasn't able to play in the last gym even though I wanted to.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next gym is going to be Ground/Water so it should be great. Swampert has kind of forced me to rethink which deck to run though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proper Pokemon game coming to the switch.

Shut up and take my money.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it in here its how I imagine a weeaboo meet-up looks like

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I swore never to drop Mew again and I guess I was being punished for going back on my word. Mew into the Water deck and it's 10 times better. Mew really is undroppable from all decks.
    I really need to take my own advice. Been struggling the last few days, stick Mew in for the fairly useless Suicune and we're dominating everyone.

New deck is Manaphy, Mew, Empoleon, Gyarados, Rhyperior, Swampert

To think Suicune has clocked up 110 games for me when Greninja was much better than him in the Gym (I realised that about half way through) and Mew is much better than him in league.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone still playing Pokémon ago? The new gym system is miles better.

Already solo'd two raids (Electabuzz and Exeggutor) and hoping to do a three/four trainer one tomorrow, if one pops up at the right time.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What game is this your playing, Browning?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pokemon Duel.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a little break, I am almost done with Soul Silver. I just finished the seventh Gym and got the whirlpool TM so I can go and visit those islands which I'm guessing have some legendaries inside. My top guys who I rotate in and out looks like this:

Lvl 35 Ninetales
    Lvl 34 Persian
    Lvl 33 Miltank
    Lvl 32 Machamp
    Lvl 32 Gengar
    Lvl 31 Polywhirl

I'm also trying to quickly level up a Jigglypuff for all the final battles that lie ahead. Pokedex stands at 96 at the moment. Is that respectable? I have no idea.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just spent the last two hours fending off level 20 Tentacools, Zubats, Seels and Krabbys while trying to navigate these fucking Whirl Islands. I eventually get to the cave where the legendary is supposed to be and there's nothing. A period of furious Googling has informed me that you need all eight gym badges and some fucking item from the Kimono Girls in that dance theatre

Fuck this shite.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, finally, finally hit 3000 league rating just now. I was close to it months ago (2935 or something) and then crashed back down to earth and think I got as low as 2600 or something. The heroes that got us there are Manaphy (my most used figure with 1693 duels under his belt), Mew (1066), Magikarp (659, Gyarados 311), Empoleon (395), Rhyperior (298) and Swampert (229). Ironically Manaphy didn't even get off the bench in the whole game for tactical reasons (boosting Gyarados to 135 would make him more likely to die to Virizion whilst not helping him anywhere else). Rhyperior was the hero who got us over the line by bulldozing a Leafeon. I have zero idea why so many top players use Leafeon.

I wish there was somewhere to see how many total duels you've done. The records screen says 880 so that must only count certain matches because it's clearly not right.

I'm currently top 100 in the gym too using Zapdos, Jolteon, Stunfisk, Galvantula, Raikou and Dragonaire (Dragonite).

Shame it's just me playing these days.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if anyone still plays Pokemon Go in any way but a few weeks back they announced their first "global" event, to be held in Chicago, to celebrate the 1st year of the game passing. Essentially they cordened off a park and charged tickets for entry. Inside the park they made loads more stops and a stage for announcements. The idea being that there would be 3 challenge windows, 30 minutes each, wherein every pokemon caught in the world, but most importantly at the event, would count towards the total. If targets were hit a "Special surprise" would be unlocked later.

We had a similar event here in Chester city centre and certain other countries had their own, but the Chicago one was the proper one.

Turns out it was a disaster.

To get into the park, you provided a ticket and were given a unique QR code, so lines were slow getting in, with reports of it taking several hours just to get in. 20,000 people or so turned up to the event. And once inside they found that there was no provided wi-fi access/hotspots. So essentially no one could log into the game and if they did, it was extremely laggy and often froze out. This carried on all day and whilst it happened, the CEO and other hosts got onto the stage to pretend like it was only a small issue and start the challenges. They were later caught lowering the targets to make it seem like all was fine.
    Crowds turned unhappy and started booing the hosts and chanting. A lot of people left empty handed and disappointed. After they stood in the(up to an hour long) queue to leave that is.

It must have been bad as Niantic have offered anyone who turned up and scanned the QR code a refund, $100 in-game coins and a free Lugia. They also announced the release of Lugia and Articuno, which was the special surprise this was all building too. Articuno because the Mystic team apparently did the most work.

Given the amount of people that turned up and the same with Chester yesterday, I reckon this could well have re-ignited some interest in the game, but instead they may well have helped properly kill it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Pokemon Go.

Thankfully, Pokemon duel should be revived by the upcoming massive update.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy fuck, don't know if anyone is still playing Duel but Mega Pokemon are

I stopped playing for about a month or maybe even more other than gyms (which have been rare lately) so I started playing as a new gym launched. I had a bunch of free boosters and one of them contained Mega Charizard X who is raping people in the gym. He is unstoppable.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up but I'll get back into it now that the big update has hit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mega Charizard X is fucking scary in the gym.

All his attacks get +20 as standard because his ability is all your pokemon get unfrozen and all fire types do +10 and all Dragons get +10

He has 3MP as his usual is 2 but it's a Dragon gym.

His attacks do 130 (boosted to 150) and then 60 times the spin (he has the same wheel as normal Charizard) which of course gets the +20 afterwards too.

And here is the real key point.... anyone he knocks out is eliminated for 7 turns.

I'm literally reducing people to 2 mons with ease.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a UX Beedrill from a 10 booster.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew someone would fall for this eventually....

Got Articuno onto someone's corner, the goal is open but Articuno only has 2 MP. I pokemon switch to Charizard and he doesn't see it coming so takes my corner with Reshiram. From his perspective he's about to make me have to defend because my goal is wide open for his 3 MP Reshiram to stroll into but I just mega evolve and walk in.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just been made aware that this is a Pokemon....

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/799.shtml

What the fuck are these games coming to. I'm kind of glad I never finished Moon.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've not seen the new wall pokemon yet then?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we close to getting a 3DS/Switch remake of R/G/B/Y?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was more the name that stunned me. So awful.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Gold and Silver hit the E-Shop about 3 days ago, to zero fanfare, unlike Red and Blue.

Me and my brother have decided to "Soul Link" it, which is another play style we found online. In essence it's a regular Nuzlocke but our teams are linked together, so if the Pokemon I caught on Route 1 (for example) dies, so does his. We have to play through at the same pace, and we can't have the same primary type repeated on our teams (e.g. if I have a Water/Ground Pokemon, he can't have a primary Water pokemon, but he could have something where Water is the secondary type). You also have to keep the pairs together so I can't stick a mon in the PC and have him continue to use it's partner, so every time we both catch a pair we have to consider what is best for our collective team.

So far we've just got through the one gym and I'm rocking Chikorita (the RNG fucking hates me), Hoothoot, Geodude and Wooper which are linked to his Quilava, Spinarak, Zubat and Mareep respectively. Our other surviving pairs currently in the PC due to repeated types are Rattata/Geodude and Bellsprout/Rattata.

Seems to be a solid enough start, but if it's anything like the other Soul Links we tried (we tried a few on some ROM hacks we never played before, which may have been a bit ambitious, and we failed both very early doors) he'll fuck it up soon enough and cause me some deaths.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother is seething at me tonight over the Soul Link.

We agreed ahead of time that in game trades were allowed to when I got Ditto and he got Drowzee he traded that for Machop and we rinsed Whitney with Machop/Golem respectively (I already had Golem as I've pretty much been forced to solo run with Geodude to this point). He then evolved his Machop into Machoke while still at my house so I was on my way to the Pokemon Centre to trade with him when my Ditto died to a wild Nidoran. He had the battle well in hand and I was trying to level him up, and 1 crit Horn Attack and he died. It seemed bizarre because the crit literally did 3-4 times the damage a regular horn attack did, but we looked it up and supposedly that's a little known drawback to Ditto that crits take into account his original stats, not the stats of who he transformed into, explaining why it raped him. He wanted to not count it as we didn't know about that, but I refused as it would ruin the run (plus Ditto was just a liability who would die the first time he was crit).

We carried on and in a random cave he got another Machop and I got a Rattata, which I could have used Dupes clause on, but there was little else there. 2 fights later it died to a crit tackle from a Stantler.

I haven't even been close to losing anything else, I just think it's his destiny to not use Machop.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you've long given up on Pokemon Duel @Sir Andy Mahowry but I've been playing gyms only for a while (and starting to do daily missions again after about 2 months without bothering) and the latest gym has been so much fun. Ghost getting both buffs.

I've got something like a 30-7 record with the losses being 3 in a row where all I did was miss, 2 where the RNG was pretty bad but not as breaking as those 3.... and then 2 where I played like utter shite and thoroughly deserved to lose. All told though I've bossed the gym.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still play Pokémon Go pretty regularly and we've come to the end of Gen 2, about to have Gen 3 fully released. The new raids system has well and truly turned the game into just raiding between in game events. Anyway at the beginning of September they introduced a new EX Raid system in which you get an invite in advance to a raid. Said raid has a much rarer Pokémon than usual there to catch after.

So far it's been all Mewtwo at these raids, but there is the possibility of Ho-oh/Celebi being added in the near future. They seem to release a wave of invites once a week but to a small number of players. In any case I've received one for this coming Saturday. May well be my one and only chance to catch a Mewtwo.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I play everyday but I’m not really into raiding. Did manage to get my first legendary last week in a Suicune, after failing to catch nearly a handful of Articunos. It’s not a good one though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Yeah I play everyday but I’m not really into raiding. Did manage to get my first legendary last week in a Suicune, after failing to catch nearly a handful of Articunos. It’s not a good one though.
    I've managed to catch several of each legendary so far. 4 Articuno, 4 Zapdos, 2 Moltres, 2 Lugia, 5 Entei and 5 Suicune. Managed to get 2 Raikou so far too. I should really transfer the lower IV of them so I have 1 to use, but just can't bring myself to do it. plus I'm holding a few for mates in case trading ever comes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got "Tapu Bulu" in duel and had no idea what the fuck it was until the name came up. They aren't even trying anymore.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've not seen Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko or Tapu Fini yet then.

Seen a few leaks about Ultra Sun & Moon from the competitive side, but I've not played since whenever I finished Sun & Moon (probably a few days after release), so I guess we'll see how it is, since I'm obviously still going to end up getting it. Didn't bother getting any of the mega stones, or even Marshadow, when they were being given out, which is a pretty good sign how much I lost interest.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I've managed to catch several of each legendary so far. 4 Articuno, 4 Zapdos, 2 Moltres, 2 Lugia, 5 Entei and 5 Suicune. Managed to get 2 Raikou so far too. I should really transfer the lower IV of them so I have 1 to use, but just can't bring myself to do it. plus I'm holding a few for mates in case trading ever comes.
    Bloody hell what level are you? I’m about to hit 31.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lele and Koko have been in duel for ages, they're all equally shit and baffling. Pokemon shouldn't have 2 part names except Mr Mime.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Bloody hell what level are you? I’m about to hit 31.
    Halfway through level 30. We've got 200 or so players in this town who are still going. Almost every legendary raid at weekends has a group large enough to do it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to catch Mewtwo. 10 people turned up with an invite pass and only 3 left empty handed.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shiny silvally on Pokémon sun moon:

A726LNERNN55WGUP
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultra Sun & Moon are out today, and I’ve fallen back into the trap of getting hyped

Toggle Spoiler

Played SuMo again but it’s still completely garbage postgame. If I didn’t like the main story I’d probably make it the worst game of the series.