User Tag List

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1814

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course he is. For some reason I thought he came up when I filtered to Ground types, but that was actually Dark types when I was seeing what I had due to the dark type boost plate.

I still might use him with that plate though. We'll see.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to buy the new Dark Energy plate and switch my deck up again.

Mew
    Magikarp/Gyarados
    Yveltal
    Greninja
    Metagross
    Ho-Oh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought 4 Quad Boosters as I had over 1000 gems. Got fuck all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they've been pretty shit lately.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So yesterday I won 2 matches and then lost 3 on the bounce, having to beat Bug Bot to get my booster.

Today I started off with 2 crushing defeats, making it 5 on the bounce. I was almost relegated again. I then chucked together a deck and won 3 in a row. Not sure how much I like all of it, but it was randomly chucked together. Went for:

Greninja
    Umbreon
    Pupitar/Tyranitar
    Mew
    Magmortar
    Ho-Oh

Obviously with the new dark plate.

It isn't perfect, Umbreon feels a bit pointless but I do like having an extra runner, plus he lets me have 2 dark types before I get T'tar. It needs improving for sure, but it'll do for now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-0 today to get my booster, can't remember the last time that happened.

Up to around 2450 which is still about 100 off my all time best but it's the highest it's been in a long time. Granted I haven't faced any Reuniclus decks today but I faced someone with Attack/Speed/Defense form Deoxys and ruined them.

Oh an in other news I made some slight progress on my Pokemon Moon Nuzlocke after a 3 month hiatus. Got some grinding to do for the Elite 4 though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-0 again today and I'm 6 points off my all time best. Fucking hell. Considering I just chucked that together it works remarkably well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reached my highest ever rank (2623) and got a Heatran.

Edit- Another 4-0 day sees me hit the dizzying heights of 2705. Amazing that we were on the verge of relegation 5-6 days ago when I made this deck and since then we've improved by about 500 points.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Fire Gym is under way.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to run:

Zekrom
    Ho-Oh x2
    Magmortar
    Vibrava/Flygon
    Charizard.

I also have a Delphox but I think I like that 6 more.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I'm running:
    Ho-Oh
    Delphox
    Charizard
    Heatran
    Infernape
    Magmortar

Considering others though, including Vibrava/Flygon. I'm so tempted to buy a Moltres but the short term usage puts me off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flygon on paper seems to be the best way to counter Moltres right now as he wont be able to use his soar when Flygon is on the field.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a very good point and one I made to a mate earlier in the week but forgot about. May bin off Delphox for him then. Heatran is so clutch.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invest in a Flame Energy plate too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put Vibrava in and he fucks people up completely. I moved him 2 steps at the start (inside lane) and he put someone in the same position in front of me. A couple of turns later he hurdle jumped on the other side to my corner but moving Vibrava along one space stopped him being able to get to the goal and stopped the dude who was in front of Vibrava from being able to reach the other corner. He was on completely the back foot from there and it turned the game quickly to an easy win.

Scenes

Came up against a cunt running Reuniclus x 3, Flygon, Magmortar and Deoxys Attack. Every single fucking time I went up against Reuniclus it would be "I kill him... respin... I kill him... respin.... Confuse Ray/He kills me" without fail. In the end he had a Reuniclus and a Flygon on my corners with only my Vibrava back defending and I had Ho-Oh on one of his corners but he had 2 Reuniclus and Deoxys defending. Seeing the inevitable loss I moved Heatran up the field, hit his goal line Reuniclus and nailed Magma Slide. I was convinced that 3rd respin would be Confuse Ray again but nope.... he didn't get it for once and I pushed him off the goal inflicting a burn and wait. If he had a hurlde jump left he could have hurdled his own Reuniclus and blocked the goal but he didn't. He did have a Max revive but the revived Magmortar failed to take out Heatran so we won. Absolutely amazing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First EX of the event obtained.... Mewtwo.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you select another deck? I have two made but can't find how you switch them?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click the little Pokeball by your fifth Pokemon on the league/gym main screen.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have 2 EX cubes from the last event but can't decide who/what move to use them on. Any ideas?

I'm racking up the wins nice and fast to get 2 more.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those who spin multiple times.

I usually use mine on Greninja.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greninja makes sense but I already have him at 21. 22 isn't going to make much difference is it?

2 Hits- 42 Vs 44
    3 Hits- 63 Vs 66
    4 Hits- 84 Vs 88
    5 Hits- 105 Vs 110

So I guess at 5 hits it makes a difference, but fewer than that I doubt that matters. I doubt we'll run into many moves between 84 and 88, for example.

Not sure. I'm considering giving them to Infernape for his Drive Kick as everyone seems to be using him in this gym, but that's very short term thinking. I'm also not sure what they'd be worth to Mew but I am coming across a fair few chained Mew.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some idiots don't seem to realise that Ho-Oh has 3 MP in this gym.

I had a guy use Moltres soar right past him to take my corner and I just casually moved onto his goal.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just trolled the fuck out of a 3 Moltres deck. Vibrava really is a don even if you don't get Flygon.

He started with the obvious Moltres up 2 on the inside. I put Vibrava in his way. He moved a Moltres up 3 on the opposite side. I moved Vibrava across one to the middle meaning neither Moltres could take a corner. This clearly rattled him and it allowed me to set up at the back. After a long tactical slog I moved up the field with Heatran and was able to pretty much constantly hit purple. He saved himself once with a Goal Block and once with a Hurdle jump but the 3rd time he had no answer and Heatran got in. I may have to keep him in my real deck, even with 2MP he is a beast.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 1-2 win boosters have been good to me giving me Mewtwo, Delphox, Charizard and Zapdos so far. The middle 2 were duplicates so used for chaining. I also got a Latios (another duplicate) in a locked booster.

Up to 86 wins so should be there soon.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't play

A German Youtuber helped me \0/.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That drama of my last game.

He starts with Delphox and I go aggressive, hitting it with Ho-Oh and get the Rainbow Wing to land on his corner. He moves back to his goal spot letting me bring out Heatran down the opposite side. He brings out a Zapdos who I hurdle over. He's now restricted to just Zapdos as he can't move Delphox without losing. Rather than try clear a corner he rushes to my goal and Zapdos KOs my defenders, Magmortar and Infernape. He's 2 spots away from my goal and I have no way of blocking it. All I can do is move Vibrava inside my corner to stop him reaching the goal. He moves inside Vibrava so all he needs is a neutral turn to win. However he spins Roost. I briefly think that wins me the game before remembering he can just use a Plate rather than move Delphox.... which he does, burning an X Attack. We attack again and another Roost forces him to Hurdle Jump to the other side of Vibrava. That's the break through we need as Vibrava moves to our goal spot and when he can't attack it the next turn Charizard comes out to defend. Vibrava is taken out and then Charizard spins 200 into a Thunder Charge. He paralyses Charizard but that doesn't stop him spinning 250 Vs Steel Wing to win us the game. Vibrava though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something about my league deck just works and I've hit my all time high ranking of 2764. I just took down a guy ranked over 3000 with his Deoxys deck.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the sextuples

Also bought Sceptile with material and I'm running this now:

Scpetile
    Greninja (clvl 4)
    Ho-oh
    Xerneas (clvl 1)
    Mew (clvl 1)
    Empoleon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome. Empoleon is shit though. You'll want Prinplup to evolve into him at the very least.

I'm tempted to buy Virizion with my materials. He basically fucks Reuniclus/Deoxys if paired with that new plate.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I took out Empoleon for Zapdos.

Feels much better.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, Zapdos is a beast.

I still haven't cashed in on Virizion but I have 6200 material or something so I'm tempted. Then I'd buy the new plate and make a deck with him, Zapdos and Articuno, all of which would be able to soar over opponents and all of which would prevent Reuniclus from respinning. Virizion would also have a big advantage over them with that Grass Knot move. I'd then have to decide if I want to keep Umbreon/Greninja to counter Deoxys or not. I don't overly want to boot out Ho-Oh or Mew.... so it'll be a tough decision.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Built my new deck around him and in it's first outing we went up against 3 x Reuniclus, 2 x Mew and 1 x Deoxys Attack. Murdered him. Wasn't even a contest. Virizion

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I like Sceptile, I do wish I had paid for Virizion.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I felt he was the best choice. Sceptile has that shot at doing 140 but otherwise.... nah.

Not sure what deck I'll use going forward as my other one was doing so well but also running into a lot of Reuniclus now I've reached this high (2819). Currently running with:

Articuno (Level 4)
    Greninja (Level 5, Chain Level 2)
    Mew (Level 5)
    Ho Oh (Level 4, Chain Level 2)
    Zapdos (Level 3)
    Virizion (Level 3)

I do have 2 EX cubes so need to work out the best place to use those. Maybe on Zapdos's gold attack.

Obviously I bought the Grass Plate to go with it which means Reuniclus/Deoxys can only respin on my Greninja and Mew while 3 out of my 6 mons have a built in Hurdle Jump.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stealth hit is a blue fly though.

It's awesome.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next cup is obviously Grass/Poison so that'll be interesting.

Trevenant (sp?) could be a real bitch to deal with is you use Pokemon Switch to get him to the business end of the field.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Reuniclus is officially dead. Good riddance.

Very impressed with this update.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up to the dizzying heights of 2932 after another perfect day.

Unfortunately Virizion wasn't overly involved in the wins other than one where he swapped spots with someone on the opponents goal, but I still love him. Zapdos was the MVP of the day though. Counter Attack is fucking deadly when 3 of your mons can soar over things.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like my deck but there is no counter to a Deoxys attacker unless I get incredibly lucky.

I need a Virizion.

I keep forgetting to use the new grass plate but I only have Sceptile.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new plate also works with birds and bugs so it's still useful for you. Everyone should have it to nullify Reuniclus/respins on deoxys attack and as a full heal if you don't face those.

I'm considering adding Umbreon (probably over mew) and running both dark energy and tropical energy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Up to the dizzying heights of 2932 after another perfect day.

Unfortunately Virizion wasn't overly involved in the wins other than one where he swapped spots with someone on the opponents goal, but I still love him. Zapdos was the MVP of the day though. Counter Attack is fucking deadly when 3 of your mons can soar over things.
    Had such a rough time of it after this and dropped about 200 points. Mew coming back in for Umbreon. I still think he's the right play for Dark Energy, but it's not working for me.

Fucking hell I'm never dropping Mew again. First game back and he KOs (back to back) a Deoxys Attack, a Virizion, a Gyarados and a Zapdos to win it. Actually he didn't KO the Zapdos but he didn't need to. As a last ditch effort before my goalie was surrounded I attacked his and span 30 Vs a Miss.... he respins me (Deoxys Attack form) and I get 30 again. Virizion blocks the goal next and I spin gold Vs purple. Gyarados jumps over and it's gold Vs a miss. Finally Zapdos goes Gold Vs Gold against me to let me walk in. Mew, you have a place for life.

Oh and earlier I got 4 EXs in the only Sextuple pack I'll be able to afford i the time span. Zygarde, Metagross, Delphox and Empoleon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grass/Posion Cup is underway.

I started with my regular deck (Mew, Greninja, Virizion, Zapdos, Articuno and Ho-Oh) but after one game I put in Leafeon for Ninja. Still not sure about that one. Very tempted by Venusaur over Articuno though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going with:

Sceptile
    Venusaur
    Chesnaught
    Torterra
    Cacnea
    Zapdos.

Cacnea is a beast at level 5. He has no miss with a 28 wheel size 1 star purple poison sting but with a size 68 pin missile which gives 10x (12 for me as I have clvl) for each roll. He could be massive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonduel...hought_it_was/

He's legit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40 energy? Damn.

More annoyed that we're not getting any EX green cubes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Venusaur does 152 damage..... fuck.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The removal of EX cubes is shit but finally getting myself a Gyarados is nice. Especially as he's flying type so he can come in to my Topical deck.

Seems a random reward though, I was sure it would be Meganium or Gengar.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people who get a team full of Deoxys just get lazy and make stupid plays. Two games in a row they've left me confused....

First one my Mew took out his goalie. Virizion is right there ready to surround a new goalie and he moves Deoxys Attack to the goal (his only possible move really) but doesn't attack Mew. Granted it's a bad match up but he HAD to go for it. Game over.

Second one guy got a couple of lucky spins and had full control of the game particularly after my Virizion went down. Realising my best hope was to try end it early I rushed with Mew again. I attack his goalie and he switches to normal form (probably his best bet) and the spin is 30 Vs 90..... luckily I used double chance and somehow it comes off as I respin into Shuttle Flip and retreat to the corner. He's now the firm favourite albeit my Mew/Ho-Oh can surround one of his attack forms next turn and he doesn't take one of them out. Instead he brings the Normal form guy off the goal and attacks Mew.... spinning purple into my gold to concede the game outright.

8-0, 64th in the world currently. Leafeon is a boss. No one suspects him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like they have nerfed the 1-2 win boosters, I've pulled nothing but commons.

Had a 20-1 record but then somehow lost 3 on the bounce (I thought it was only 2, but I then faced Bug Bot... so maybe it was 3). Picked up some wins since but that's annoying.

Phantump really is a cunt when they run more than 1 of him.

Guess me record currently is 22-4 (Assuming it was 3 losses) and that's enough for 107th in the world currently. Don't much care about that though, much more interested in getting boosters at the end of the month to get back to 4000 material in time for the next release.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game changer. Trevenant in a 1 win booster.