User Tag List

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1814

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vikavolt is fantastic by the way. Far and away the highest Special Attack in my team. Shiinotic is awesome too. Spore, Dream Eater, Giga Drain and Moonblast. Sexy moveset.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shiinotic is no Tsareena.

I'm also put off using Sleep moves as they seem to miss all the time.

Special Attack? Fuck off. All the special moves I've passed on because Charjabug has no special.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spore is 100% accuracy. Only problem is Shiinotic is slow.

Vika gets Thunderbolt when it evolves. Needs a move tutor for Bug Buzz though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally getting some decent back ups as I've bagged Gastrodon and Exeggutor. I'm a bit skeptical about using the latter as technically it wasn't my first encounter as I killed the one you're forced to encounter, but then I didn't even know if that was catchable, so I'm counting this one. Still wont be used unless something happens to Tsareena though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post
    Picked up Exeggutor and lost Slowbro to Mudsdale's Z-move thing. Pelipper comes in as a Water type until I can find something better, probably Gyarados. Team moving through the Vast Poni Canyon is:
    Vikavolt - 52
    Shiinotic - 52
    Salazzle - 52
    Stoutland - 51
    Pelipper - 47
    Exeggutor - 44
    Just got to here. Given she talked about Z-Moves I knew Mudsdale would be the one to have one. Tsareena made light work of Dugtrio with High Jump Kick and Sylveon was called on for Flygon, another OHKO with Moonblast. Then in came Mudsdale so I had a decision to make. Expecting a Z-Move I switched to my own Mudsdale but she used Earthquake which did a fair amount (maybe 30%) but raised my defense. I Earthquaked her back hoping my level advantage would tell but mine didn't do much more than hers and a second Earthquake had me fairly weak. At that point I could have used my one allowed heal and let her keep raising my defense, but I decided to switch to Tsareena. OF COURSE she then pulled out the Z-Move, but she took it easily. I knew I'd be faster so went for Bloom Doom (Z-Move) for the kill and it was easy to take out Gastrodon with Trop Kick.

Added a Golbat in Vast Poni Canyon as I couldn't remember if I had already had Zubat or not. I had so could have ignored it under dupes clause, but oh well. It might be fairly useful at some point.

Team is:
    Tsareena- 53
    Vikavolt- 52
    Mudsdale- 52
    Sylveon- 52
    Incineroar- 51
    Araquanid- 51

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've restarted my save so I'm now nuzlocking.

God help me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from Araquanid (is it any good?) Your team looks fantastic. Pretty much what a non-nuzlocke team would look like for me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's pretty decent because his ability doubles the power of Water Type moves (at least I hear it does, it doesn't say that.... but i've read it in several places) so that's decent, but he needs a better water move than Bubblebeam. I'd prefer not having 2 bugs, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Araquanid is great. As has been said, Water Bubble doubles the power of water attacks, so when it learns Liquidation it hits like a fucking truck. Leech Life is great secondary STAB, especially during a Nuzlocke, and it has pretty good SpDef to be able to take some hits if needed.

In before Tsareena misses HJK at a crucial moment & gets KO'd.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, I'm terrified of that which is why I'm always reluctant to use it. I'd much prefer a better fighting move. Tempted to go back to Low Sweep in fairness.

Jesus, the crash damage is 50%? Fuck that.

Though looks like those are her only two fighting type moves.... tough call.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all that..... RIP Araquanid. Fuck sake. It was my own stupidity there. He came up against Archeops or whatever it's called and I figured with my level advantage I could one shot him with Bubblebeam..... he was faster and I died to Acrobatics. No idea why I didn't consider that.

I'm cursed to be forever trying to catch up shit water types.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP Archeops is super fast - base 140 speed, if I remember correctly. It's a better Aerodactyl, except that it has an ability that completely ruins almost everything good about it.

I should probably do some of the post-game stuff, but I really can't be bothered with it. Turns out there were several areas I never even went to as well Probably going to ask for Moon as an Xmas present, but I might restart Y & have another go at a Nuzlocke on that in the meantime.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say as much as the game so far has impressed me, I'm thoroughly unimpressed with this section of the game. The Team Skull/President battles were decent enough but I feel like about the last 8 routes have had the same selection of shit Pokemon.... Gumshoos, Pelliper, Gastrodon, Exeggcute.... would it kill them to throw some other fuckers into the mix once in a while? Gumshoos and Pelliper seem to have been on every route since time began.

I guess Gastrodon is the next man up just by virtue of his level. I actually quite like Gastrodon, so it's not all bad.... but it's a tad boring.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realised I didn't catch anything in one area after only fishing up Magikarp for ages and looking into it I can get Wimpod there to replace Araquanid.... trouble is I can't seem to get one to appear. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give Tsareena the fighting z-crystal. Never have to worry about missing again.

For Wimpod, I think once it runs away it has gone for ever. Try another Wimpod route and see if it comes back.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only place I know there are Wimpod is the empty riverbed or whatever it is - think it's in the area of the water trial - where there's always one hanging around & it runs away as soon as you get close & you can't catch it by foot. You can catch up to those if you're on a ride pokemon though, but otherwise I don't think i even saw a Wimpod in the wild.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll just stick with Gastrodon, Wimpod is too much hassle.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another death in the 2nd president battle. I typed it up for my Nuzlocke lot so here it is:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Memento has existed since Ruby and I've never seen it. What a shit move.

Gutted about vikavolt. I thought he quad resisted grass but I forgot he was not flying. In hindsight I should have switched again but I think I was losing a Pokémon there regardless.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those of you that have got further than me probably know what I just walked into.... with no potions....

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost Vikavolt in the exact same place as you, but Salazzle saved the day. Going to use Solgaleo because the rest of the team is mediocre at best.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beat the next battle without too much trouble. Then again I did use Solgaleo for the majority of it. On the mountain I caught a male Snorunt, if it was female I would have considered using it. But Glalie is boring, so off to the box he went.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch out for the storyline spoiler

Also Mega Glalie is cool as fuck - have you seen his beard?!

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pokemon Go: I've got five pikachus with Christmas hats but none worth keeping. Really want an amazing/WOW Christmas raichu.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Watch out for the storyline spoiler

Also Mega Glalie is cool as fuck - have you seen his beard?!
    I'm further than that and not sure anyone else cares?

Maybe Byron, so I would take it out.

Using a legendary.... shame on you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've reached what looks like the Pokemon league. What levels should I be aiming at? I've the following at the moment:

Stoutland - 56
    Solgaleo - 55
    Shiinotic - 55
    Pelipper - 55
    Salazzle - 55
    Exeggutor - 54

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad I made my "One heal plus one more for every time they heal" rule, watching some other Nuzlockes while grinding on mine and heal spam is such a shit strategy and should be banned from all Nuzlocke's, as should the Shift battle style. No point half arsing a Nuzlocke by having crutches. I've just seen a guy heal spam on that Raichu until it ran out of Psychics... so lame.

I think I'm going to boot Gastrodon despite his heroics and spend the time to train up Slowpoke instead. I just feel a Psychic type will be a big bonus to the team.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I finished the main story around 60-65.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure you'll come unstuck in the Pokemon League. With each person potentially carrying 6 Pokemon, switching around will cause you to accumulate a lot of damage which you can't heal back with just one potion. Unless you are just going to train all your 'mon to 70, in which case you'll be "lame" for doing that. No need to be so judgemental.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I do, so be it, that's the point of making it tougher. Heal spamming to survive a Nuzlocke is just pathetic, especially doing it to run down their PP because nothing you have can take two psychics. I just don't see the point in deliberately playing a mode that makes it challenging and then allowing yourself to do stuff like that. I've done it in the past and then always feel bad about it, like I didn't deserve to beat that gym or whatever.

I don't think every Nuzlocke should have the 1 Potion rule, but they should all have some cap on healing items (healing moves are fair game, but none of my Mons have tried learning any that I recall). Any idiot can beat anything in the game if they say "Right, his Psychic puts me on 30HP and he might be faster so I'll use 20 Hyper Potions (or whatever the PP is) and then when he's using Quick Attack I'll kill him", Grinding at least carries some risk. I've both lost Pokemon whilst grinding and lost Pokemon I had specifically grinded during this run, but spamming hundreds of potions until they run out of PP/Miss/get paralysed etc is no achievement because it is literally impossible to lose when you do that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting Slowbro and Golem up to speed is a hell of a mission, I wish I had just chosen Slowbro ahead of Gastrodon in the first place.

Part of me is tempted to go through the Ice Cave (caught an Absol there which isn't much use) but I fully expect some kind of horrible boss battle to strike half way through, unless Gladeon was it. It's probably not wise to do it with 2 mons that are about 20 levels off the pace.

We will get there, slowly but surely.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can go through the Ice Cave no problem and you can reach a Pokecenter on the other side. Once you move on, there will be one more battle and you can probably guess who it is. They shouldn't pose too much trouble though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For fuck sake. I turn on for 5 minutes and lose Slowbro to a wild Granbull who seemed to be no threat. Play Rough did an insane amount considering how how my physical defense was and that was it. Luckily Gastrodon is still 6 levels higher than I managed to get Slowbro... but what a complete waste of time that was.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you keep it away from Grass, Gastrodon might be brilliant. Use Scald and Toxic to get a status on them, then Recover until you win.

Not played for a few days. Really can't be bothered with the grind. Got Stoutland to 60, but the others are at least 5 levels behind.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the same boat. Just can't be bothered. It feels like there should be more story. Usually the whole game builds to the E4, this time it just feels like it's there for the sake of it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not played in at least a week, and have only done a tiny bit of the post-game 'story'. Haven't even bothered with most of the other bits like the Battle Tree or anything like that.

I did quite like the story though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the team heading off to face the league is:

Exeggutor - 60 - Wood Hammer, Psychic, Brick Break, Bulldoze
    Pelipper - 60 - Scald, Hurricane, Ice Beam, Roost
    Solgaleo - 60 - Sunsteel Strike, Zen Headbutt, Crunch, Flame Charge
    Shiinotic - 60 - Giga Drain, Moonblast, Dream Eater, Spore
    Stoutland - 60 - Take Down, Crunch, Wild Charge, Rock Tomb
    Salazzle - 60 - Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Venoshock, Toxic

Levels should carry me through if nothing else.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was pretty bad. Had to rely on Solgaleo for the majority of the fights because things were hitting like trucks. Lost Stoutland to confusion and Pelipper to a Z-move. Then had to endure what felt like the longest end sequence ever. I started against the Elite 4 at 11.45, finally got a chance to save and quit 2 hours later. Shambles. I'm glad it is over.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations man, although that makes me nervous. I really need to get back to the grind and try and finish this off, just not finding the time.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Moon for Xmas, so I'll be starting a Nuzlocke when I get some time. Who did everyone pick as their starter?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Litten mostly (the fire cat).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked the water one but it died whilst trying to capture Salandit who had Dragon Rage.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fired up Heart Gold for the hundredth time. Boxed starter Totodile and have picked up Hoothoot, Geodude, Wooper and Gastly before the first gym. Geodude should suffice.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those games are so fucking bad after the first island. Largely because it's so horribly unbalanced, which is a shame because the first island is great. Taking on the Elite 4 at lv40-45 or whatever is just awful though, especially when you then go to Kanto & face Youngster trainers with lv50 first stage evolutions. Still played through the game two or three times by this point though, which is a lot for me.

Maybe they'll re-remake them at the next anniversary, balance them properly & add a decent story. HGSS 3D

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kicking off Moon on my lunch. Just up to picking my starter, and I shall be going with Popplio.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flew through the first three gyms with no problems thanks to Geodude, then lose her to the Kadabra guy on Route 36. Brought in Hoothoot thinking I could finish it off with ease, but confusion ruined me and the owl bit the dust too. Thinking my luck couldn't get any worse, I then run into a Growlithe who proceeded to Roar me away as I failed to catch it. The team at the break is:
    Gastly 23
    Nidorina 22
    Quagsire 20
    Zubat 16
    Exeggcute 11
    Heracross 8

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just broke a guy on Showdown

He should've gone Magnezone like I told him...

The best/worst bit of it all is that I forgot I have Shed Shell on Skarmory & didn't have to sack it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You couldn't sub and I win"

What? No, not if you can't kill him you don't.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the thirty seconds of just constantly spamming F that I enjoyed. He really should have won though. My only other hope was being in with Salazzle on Magnezone with enough HP to be able to sub/disable it, then just spam Flamethrower & win.

On the subject, sub/disable/toxic Salazzle puts in some serious work.