Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 1,801 to 1,814 of 1814

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares? Its Pokemon.

Going to stream a blind Nuzlocke of this. Spoilers beware.

https://www.twitch.tv/yegs88

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It actually appears the devs have fucked it more than the limitations of the hardware because even emulating it on more powerful hardware doesn't solve the problems.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So me and my brother restarted our BDSP Soul Link after the last one fizzled out (we didn't lose, but we got bored and didn't finish it). We made a rules amendment that we couldn't grind on wild Pokemon or on optional trainers unless we got to a Gym Leader/Elite Four member under the level cap, but mandatory trainers over levelling us wouldn't be counted against us, purely because kicking Pokemon out to stay under the level cap (thanks to the forced EXP share) leading to deaths because we didn't have full teams was bollocks. We did stay under the conventional caps for the most part, but not entirely.

Anyway, I absolutely murdered the Elite 4 and the champion tonight with only 1 minor issue. My strategy was simple- Substitute/Calm Mind/Minimize Blissey and Substitute/Dragon Dance/Double Team Gyarados. The game has zero answer to this. Blissey ruined the first trainer, Gyarados the next 2 and Blissey ruined Cynthia. The only problem.... was Lucian, and it was a problem of my own making. I had decided the attacking move I wanted for Blissey Vs Cynthia was Shadow Ball so I decided to use that for Lucian too.... of course I overlooked that fucking Girafarig cannot be hit by it. As a result I got to Girafarig fully set up but couldn't touch it. I also didn't have a good switch option as Torterra only had Earthquake as an attacking move which couldn't deal with his only other remaining Pokemon, Bronzong- whereas Gyarados wasn't coming in to take a Thunderbolt. My other 3 mons were all shit munchers paired with my brother's good Pokemon. As a result I..... stayed in and PP stalled Girafarig until it was safe to send in Gyarados and set up. Easy win after that but it was cunty as hell as a strategy and not how I planned it. Had I noticed Girafarig I would have just kept Flamethrower on and ruined them with that. As mentioned before, cynthia afterwards put up zero fight.

His Elite 4 run was a lot less planned out and it showed as he got into trouble a fair few times, but ultimately he got through the E4 unscathed. He did however lose 3 Pokemon to Cynthia.... including the ones paired with Blissey and Gyarados. This means technically I'm in the brilliant position of my surviving champions all being mons who contributed next to zero to the run..... but oh well. Personally even if he had whited to Cynthia I would have counted it as a win for me.

Final Teams: Blissey (Normal), Gyarados (Water), Torterra (Grass), Kricketune (Bug), Bronzong (Steel), Weavile (Dark)
    His team: Mr Mime (Fairy), Crobat (Poison), Infernape (Fire), Luxray (Electric), Garchomp (Dragon), Abomosnow (Ice)

Surviving pairs were Torterra/Infernape, Kricketune (lol)/Luxray and Bronzong (Even more lol)/Garchomp.

On to Scarlet/Violet for us next which is blind so will be a glorious failure.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After having time to reflect on the run I will say this.... Diamond/Pearl are not good games for Nuzlockes. They are very good and fun games in general, but the encounters are SO FUCKING LAZY. Every single route seems to be Starly/Bidoof/Geodude/Zubat and then add one of Machop/Shellos/Pachirisu/Meditite. It's fucking tragic. We got to Victory Road excited to add something... and literally everything in there had been available about 8 times. They should have put Geodude on the fucking box because it's his world and everyone else is just living in it.

Still, the last gym and the E4 are a proper test, but that's better than a lot of games.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scarlet and Violet are, to put it lightly, shit for a blind Nuzlocke/Soul Link. They seem like very good games, but they don't work for this purpose.

The problem is there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what trainers have and where they are. In our first attempt I was bossing all the trainers on a route who had like level 7 shit and them some cunt on the same route had 3 x level 15s all of which had a type advantage over my starter. My starter died, but I survived somehow despite being drastically under levelled. I then one shot all the Gym Leaders Pokemon other than her first (2 shots) with a defense curl/rollout Phanpy but my brother wiped as he only trained his now dead starter.

Attempt 2, same shit different place. Route of crap trainers with one guy who without warning had triple the levels of anyone else and 3 pokemon. This time my whole team apart from my starter wiped, which wasn't too tragic as our teams to that point were not great and we've been able to get a few more encounters, but still. I get that it's "open world" but that shouldn't mean a guy with a Level 5 bug followed by a guy with 3 hench level 15s and then a guy with a Level 7 Pichu. Fucking stupid.

We'll push on, maybe with some mercy rules of some kind, but yea.... if we wipe again to something stupid it might be time to reconsider the challenge because I'm not open to starting over a 3rd time and listening to 2 hours of dialogue in the school.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it’s a bit janky. I’d love it if they could find a way to put in a scaling system like they do in some rom hacks where trainers are set to be x levels above/below the highest level Pokémon in your team, but that seems unlikely.

I do find it disappointing that the game is so low level throughout - even the elite four are basically just lv60, which is nowhere near high enough to me - and despite saying you can do what you like in whichever order there are still some quests that require certain others to be done before them to even be able to reach them etc.

Regardless, it’s a decent game so far. Just at the champion so will then hopefully get in to what I’ve heard is an amazing post-game story.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guy has set up a bot to do a Professor Oak Living Shiny Dex challenge.

The Professor Oak's Challenge requires you to obtain one of every single Pokémon available to you before you can fight the next Gym leader(/the League) and continue with the game. This means catching one of each Pokémon available and evolving it as far as it can go - Pokémon that require items to evolve that we can’t get yet will be evolved as soon as the item becomes available.
    A Living Dex means having one of every single Pokémon in your boxes - if a Pokémon can evolve, you will need one of each. For example, you will need 3 Ralts: one to stay as a Ralts, one to evolve into a Kirlia, and a third and final one to evolve into a Gardevoir. (Gallade doesn’t exist in Gen III, before anyone asks)
    As this is a Shiny Dex, every single one of these Pokémon also has to be shiny. A shiny Pokémon is a rare version of a Pokémon with different colours than normal and a special sparkling animation when sent into battle.
    In Emerald, there is a 1 in 8,192 chance for a Pokémon to be shiny.
    It's been running for 235 days now and it needs 1 shiny Wingull and 1 shiny Seedot (the first took 109 days) before the first gym can be challenged.

Here's the FAQ:

https://github.com/40Cakes/pokebot-b...%A8-Stream-FAQ

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely love everything about the concept and execution. Thanks for posting.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piss dogs taking control

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got a working Blaze Black 2 Redux ROM they can share?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Anyone got a working Blaze Black 2 Redux ROM they can share?
    Have you tried the ones on Dray’s Twitter?
    Last edited by Dan; 19-04-2024 at 07:56 AM.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikes sorted me out and done all the patching shenanigans for me.

In case anyone hasn’t seen Delta has been released for free on the iOS store, emulates Nintendo devices up to and including the DS. I’ll give Blaze Black 2 a bash. Best starter?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nintendo have been going on a mad streak of cease and desisting anyone involved in emulating their devices lately so it'll be worth grabbing that before the inevitable.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Mikes sorted me out and done all the patching shenanigans for me.

In case anyone hasn’t seen Delta has been released for free on the iOS store, emulates Nintendo devices up to and including the DS. I’ll give Blaze Black 2 a bash. Best starter?
    What a guy