Decided to pick up Sword and have a go at a new Nuzlocke (despite not being able to complete one but I can't play Pokemon any other way now)

Thing went swimmingly up to and including Nessa's gym, as my Rookidee powered through Milo's Grass types and Thwackey swept aside Nessa's Water gym. I had a solid team and I actually thought we might do this in one. Unfortunately not, as I lost my Vulpix and Dottler to random trainer battles. Kabu's Fire Gym saw my Gyarados die and then while training against Wobbuffets in the Wild Area I also lost Sirfetch'd and Thwackey.

The worst actually came while making my way to Stow-on-Side to face Bea's Gym and engaged in a Double Battle against a Pawniard and Togetic. My second Vulpix got rid of Pawniard and the Togetic nearly swept my fucking team. I lost Galarian Linoon, Inkay, Vulpix and Mareanie (which especially hurt as Toxapex would have done well against Opal's Gym)

As a result my current team is

• Lv. 32 Golisopod - Razor Shell, Sand Attack, Drill Run, First Impression
  • Lv. 35 Corvisquire - Drill Peck, Taunt, Fury Attack, Pluck
  • Lv. 24 Joltik - Fury Cutter, Electroweb, Bug Bite, Electro Ball
  • Lv. 27 Snorunt - Powder Snow, Astonish, Ice Shard, Icy Wind
  • Lv. 27 Shiftry - Leaf Tornado, Rollout, Mega Drain, Payback
  • Lv. 32 Pangoro - Low Sweep, Vital Throw, Night Slash, Work Up

God knows what I'll do against Bea's Fighting types. Corvisquire would be the obvious choice but many Fighting types come with Rock Throw or Rock Slide. No chance of using Shiftry or Pangoro, need to do some grinding really.

Current Nuzlocke rules;

• Catch the first Pokemon in an area - I can however choose to catch the first overworld one I see, or the first chance encounter one
  • No Dynamax Raids
  • Dynamaxing allowed in battles - if I can, then the opponent will be
  • Each area of the Wild Area counts as a separate catch area
  • One mercy revive (already used up)
  • If I happen to come across a Very-Strong Pokemon, I cannot catch it and the encounter does not count for any deaths