User Tag List

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
Results 2,951 to 2,996 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The editor always saves the day, as it did with that Brexit bollocks.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure you could devise a more effective way to turn off the FIFA crowd than by having them defuse a fight between the Spaniards and the Frenchies at Arsenal via a series of badly worded menus.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there can be a great many avenues of development open to them at this point, especially when it comes to selling a new version. The match engine has some quirks but is otherwise ok, the database can't really get any better, off pitch bollocks is the area most lacking in mechanics.

I can't see any major changes happening unless a new competitor enters the market with some new approach that makes FM look old fashioned. Fuck knows who or how that would come about though, as John said the bar to entry seems too high.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of the squad dynamics thing, I just don't trust their execution of it.

I remember having Premier Manager on PS1, rocketing through seasons in a matter of hours.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    The editor always saves the day, as it did with that Brexit bollocks.
    I think this is important too, SI haven't dropped a ton of bricks onto people making editors or finding ways to fuck with their database. That would be a good way to alienate part of your audience and inspire competition.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    I like the idea of the squad dynamics thing, I just don't trust their execution of it.

I remember having Premier Manager on PS1, rocketing through seasons in a matter of hours.
    I had PM2 on my first ever PC, it was a lottery because every now and again the fax machine secretly turned into the exit game button.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post

That's going to be the problem. Fine in theory but they'll go balls deep because it's about the only visible difference that might make a new version worth buying, and it'll become the single biggest factor in winning and losing games. Then they'll throw strops for a few months while people complain about it before fixing it early next year.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Anyone trying to make a rival game now would be hobbled by the expectation of scope. You could probably put together a Premier League only game easily enough, but who's buying it when the big name in the genre has that plus a million other leagues? To make a game close to as big you'd need to either spend a billion quid putting a scouting network together yourself or give SI a billion quid for access to theirs. Then people will go for the name they know anyway.
    It's not even just the scouting network. Team/league rights is a big thing too. When CM went on after the split with FM most competitions/clubs for the most part had different names (much like it is with German clubs in the current FM and whatnot).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video was bollocks, the new 'features' are bollocks, the game itself is bollocks but like a muppet, I'll get it regardless.

It's definitely stalled for a good number of years although I can't complain too much given the number of hours I get out of it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same, even though the price has crept up towards console game prices the amount of time I get out of each makes it incredible value all the same.

With 17 it was only really Brexit that I really didn't like, it nobbled my Cov game when I was properly motoring and then suddenly couldn't sign anyone. That fix to disable it was perfect, hopefully there's another for 18 ready to go.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy one every 2-3 years so I might get this one. Still only on my first FM15 save

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I want is some sort of quick start assistance. All those meetings and expectations, hiring coaches, etc at the very start of a save is a pain in the pipe. Only reason I can only ever be bothered doing a single proper save per version.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm not sure you could devise a more effective way to turn off the FIFA crowd than by having them defuse a fight between the Spaniards and the Frenchies at Arsenal via a series of badly worded menus.
    "Team morale is dipping. Your assistant suggests a Paella night."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm managing my local team AEK in my latest save, and 14 seasons in, I have a transfer budget of 320 million euros with like 250m in the bank. It's ridiculously easy to buy people at like less than a million and sell them for 30 after a few years.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did they manage to fuck up Jman games that much? Apart from not being able to set reputation at that of the lowest loaded league anymore, I'm now finding myself with a 1-star reputation for myself and 3-star reputation clubs offering me interviews.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bunch of cunts....

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume each seat has a built in mini-bar and masturbating cushion.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd expect a Vietnamese whore to give me a halftime hand job for that money.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of fucking around with the UI, can SI not fix wage demands for youngsters.

An 18yr old striker playing in South Africa wants $65k-a-week, currently earning $1.1k. $65k to leave Mamelodi Sundowns, with 2 caps for South Africa... he's barely known outside of his own fucking house.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had much problems in that department to big honest.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't early on in the game, but now (2022), it's pretty rampant.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    I hadn't early on in the game, but now (2022), it's pretty rampant.
    I've played up to 2040-ish in my previous Jman game and I can't recall noticing anything like that. Even in my latest save where I was at 2030 I actually had youngsters that were in the first 11 for my team and they were still asking for surprisingly low wages.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t that tied to the average you are paying to similar players for your team?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Isn’t that tied to the average you are paying to similar players for your team?
    It is for the most part yeah, but I haven't personally had it even in big clubs, where the youngster asks for money comparable to what the seniors are getting.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are playing as a rich English team or a rich team from a top league, I could see a youngster who is already a full international asking for £50k a week, assuming those are US dollars.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    It is for the most part yeah, but I haven't personally had it even in big clubs, where the youngster asks for money comparable to what the seniors are getting.
    No, but if you are playing your youngsters 40-50k thane new youngsters will want the same. That’s how I thought it worked, anyway.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    No, but if you are playing your youngsters 40-50k thane new youngsters will want the same. That’s how I thought it worked, anyway.
    Ye it depends on that and also obviously what the profile of the player and so on. I'm assuming John Arne is complaining because the rest of his youngsters are not paid anywhere near that close.

In any case, I've managed clubs like Monaco and whatnot and I never had that in this version. You get the odd player that asks for more than you'd think his worth but nothing too unrealistic.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I've played up to 2040-ish in my previous Jman game and I can't recall noticing anything like that. Even in my latest save where I was at 2030 I actually had youngsters that were in the first 11 for my team and they were still asking for surprisingly low wages.
    I must be particularly unlucky, then.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    I must be particularly unlucky, then.
    Or I might be lucky. In any case though I'd say it's not a prominent problem of the game.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in the tactic I have created and have been using for most of fm17 I had the instruction to mixed crosses. I noticed in the team I'm managing now that we're useless on the air and never score that way so I changed it to low crosses a few months ago. Made 0 difference whatsoever. They will still go for a high cross more often than not.

As a sidenote, there's nothing like being 1st place with a team predicted to fight against relegation and losing the penultimate game against a team that got relegated with 6 games to go and have like 20 points from 36 games, which ends up costing you the title.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still though, none of those things will annoy you next year because you've DYNAMICS to play with. Or they could actually fix them

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well then

It is a greyed out player gk on celtic's side tbf

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to start a new game a little while back, with the updated transfers from the summer. I started unemployed but got the Oldham job pretty much straight away. 2/3rds into the season I was around the play-offs, and I got sacked for failing to rule myself out of another job. I didn't declare interest in it or anything, so I thought it was a bit harsh. In the end, I applied for the Millwall job but didn't get it. In the close season Charlton's manager went somewhere in the Championship, and I got that job.

Half-way through the season:

Toggle Spoiler