User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fantasy NFL thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fantasy NFL thread

Alex Smith and CJ Anderson were about as useful as Anne Frank's drum kit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my divisional rivals has grabbed the Colts defense this week

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't a bad night last night. After about 2 quarters it was looking bleak. Manning managed to get it together and out score projection by the same amount as Thomas/Charles combined so we are where we started (VS Projection) but his 2 best players are done.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Grey Fox will turn up, I enjoy giving him suggestions and will feel bad if his season collapses now.

As it's probably lost forever on the other board, my week 2 match up is:

Toggle Spoiler

The live Projections have me winning 228.41 to 219.29. I'd take any win to be honest after 2 losses in Week 1.

In my other league I managed to nab Teddy Bridgewater off the Waiver Wire. What?

Looks like I should win that one comfortably. Match up is:

QB: Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan Vs Alex Smith and Tony Romo (Manning outscored Smith 28.03 to 3.87)
    RB: Matt Forte and DeAngelo Williams Vs Jamaal Chares (21.70) and Chris Ivory
    WR: Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman and Jeremy Maclin (10.20) Vs Julio Jones, Golden Tate and Allen Robinson
    TE: Heath Miller Vs Jimmy Graham
    Flex: Vincent Jackson and Kendall Wright Vs Terrance Williams and Tyler Eifert

Projections for that one have me winning comfortably 233.20 to 190.86. About 13 points of that comes from Kickers, IDP and DST.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alshon Jeffrey has been ruled out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a week too late for me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly scared this week. I need to hit my projected scores otherwise I'm sacking off another week

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck.

Supposedly a lot of people like Decker this week. I can't bring myself to play him though. He got what, 2 targets last week? Needs to do more this week and next because I can't leave him on the bench whilst watching him at Wembley.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where the fuck is Evans?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an absolute shower of shit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's to you, Allen Robinson.

Hope the Ravens D can stop being so shit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Seahawks can shit themselves silly I got this week in the bag. Benjamin being on my bench doesn't help either

66-53 in my favour at the moment.

Completely forgot that I got the Panthers as my defense Jimmy Graham to run riot please.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I'm going 0-2. At HT in these games it looked rosy, but then Romo died and Cameron and Robinson forgot to play in the 2nd halves. Unless the Baltimore game goes to OT and Forsett racks up points there, I'm done. Currently down about 6 points with no players to come Vs Chris Ivory. Would take a heroic effort. Not going to happen. Romo has fucked me this week, and probably for the season. I only have Kaepernick to cover for him and no one on the wire thanks to so many dicks rostering 4-5 QBs.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 2 is in the bag. Got a 15 point lead

Opponent has already played all nine so Marshall is free to run riot

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaepernick or Bortles this week?

Yes, it really has come to that.

On the plus side, I managed to snag Jordan Reed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aids or smallpox then, brilliant.

I'd go for Bortles.

Rolling with Alex Smith again despite his awful week but Packers defence can be shaky. I have Rishard Matthews, Davante Adams and Melvin Gordon on the bench as my next biggest hitters but I think I'm happy.

Only real decision is Moncrief (who I dropped Alfred Blue for after missing out on Matt Jones) over Evans but that will only come into play if he's still struggling with an injury.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning towards Kaepernick after his monster game because I feel like the Pats might crush Bortles, not that the Cards are much easier. We'll see. I really cannot afford to go 0-3 but I feel like I might given his QBs are Rodgers and Brady.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you're going to get fisted unless the RB and WR match-ups are a lot more favourable towards you.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm potentially going 2-1 if the projected scores for week 3 are led to believe.

The scenes

I meant 1-2

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Projections have me losing by 1 point. So it probably is close-ish, but I don't think I have a prayer. Lines ups will be:

Manning and Kaepernick Vs Rodgers and Brady (Projection- Him by about 8 points)
    Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Pierre Garcon Vs Jarvis Landry, John Brown and Keenan Allen (Projections- Me by about 5 points)
    Justin Forsett and Danny Woodhead Vs Matt Forte and Jeremy Hill (Projections- Pretty much even)
    Jordan Reed Vs Jimmy Graham (Even)
    Allen Robinson and Andre Johnson Vs Kendall Wright and Dion Lewis (Him by about 3 points)
    Kickers- Even
    DST- Seattle Vs Jets (Me by about 2 points)
    And then IDPs I have about 1 point on him, but he has JJ Watt so I find that a bit odd.

It doesn't look good. I can't catch a break this season. I still expect Spiller to be big once he finds a role in the Saints offense but I can't gamble on that being this week. Andre Johnson looks like a sack of shit, but I may have to roll with him if Decker can't go. I've already lost Ellington and Romo to injuries plus probably Decker, Spiller's season has been wrecked so far by his injury.... yea... it's just a mess.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not panicking but T. Benjamin might get 4.2 this week should I be concerned?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In contrast I'm storming my other league. I've scored 525 points and the next best is about 460. I'm only 1-1 because I happened to face the ONLY guy who could beat me week 1, and then no one could have beaten me week 2. I feel like I have a good grasp on that league and should win in, all things being well. Just a shame it hasn't translated to my main league.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's that bad.

Landry, Brown and Allen could have monster weeks but they are all so hot and cold, so it's just as likely that they'll have about 50 yards between the three of them.

Hill might get benched, he fumbled twice last week and Gio Bernard took advantage.

The flex is a mixed bag.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    Not panicking but T. Benjamin might get 4.2 this week should I be concerned?
    Wouldn't go near him. He's been over rated by 2 long plays from Manziel, who isn't starting.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The projected scores reckon that Palmer is better than Big Ben by .2

This is pretty mental

Browning - He's on my bench at the moment which must be a good thing. I got Ebron for Eifert's bye week (yes I know it's two weeks away but you know...PROGRESS) so that's TE covered for the season.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck, I didn't realise Hill was so bad with the ball.

8 starts last year (he got some time in all games though), 2 this year and has put the ball on the ground 7 times losing 4 of those.

Bernard played in 16 games in his first season (no starts), 13 games last season (9 starts) and 2 this season (0 starts) and has only fumbled once which was in his rookie season...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palmer in a divisional game at home to a poor Niners D against Big Ben against one of the better Ds in the league? Yea, I'd say that's pretty much even.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaepernick might get 45 points this week?

What?

Misread it again 23 points apparently. Tempted.

Dalton with 24.6

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have Ben and/or Palmer don't go near Kaepernick. I wouldn't if I wasn't desperate. Both Ben and Palmer are QB1s this week, Kapernick is probably a QB3.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DeMarco Murray has pulled his hamstrings the fucker

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The minute I drop Sproles. Ugh.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cam Newton's got a higher projected score this week so I've put him back in to replace Palmer

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropped Moncreif for Sproles in my second league who I will start over Evans if Demarco is out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad start with Garçon being under projection by about a point but Reed over by about 4. He's made a handful of changes to his line up and I'm now the fav with a whopping 54% chance of victory.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You realise Sproles is still just the back up?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan Mathews does not a starter make.

He might be listed as the starter if Murray can't play, he might get a couple of carries more but Sproles will outscore him.

Largely because Sproles will be favoured on passing downs.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murray officially out so Frank Gore is pretty much the only option I have got right now

Quick flash vote...Newton or Big Ben to start?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newton.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newton.

I've rolled with Sproles instead of Yeldon in my second league.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done.

I've started with Yeldon. Hold me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only problem with Yeldon is that the Patriots should dick on the Jags and do so early. As such they will likely move away from the running game fairly early.

It happens far too much, especially with bad teams.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might of slightly fucked up with starting Benjamin instead of Gore

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should of started with Gore

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-3 in my main league and 1-2 in the other before Manning (who I have in both) even plays. Fantasy Football is shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking likely that I will go 2-1 in both of my leagues \0/.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might potentially go 2-1 after the Sunday Night Game...

Scenes might happen. I might have to put Big Ben on the IR after this week.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Hopefully Grey Fox will turn up, I enjoy giving him suggestions and will feel bad if his season collapses now.

Finally got back to this. Last time I got on the old board was the 17th, then I went on holiday for a week. I was in mourning but tried again today and discovered this place exists.

In any case my season isn't collapsing. I think I might have won by about 70 points this week :P

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went 2-1

Dunno what the fuck happened there. Newton starting helped. Should of started Gore. My opponent had Manning in his squad and I swore he would of gave him huge points. Still...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brief bringing you up to date with where I am. You'll have seen from old TTH that I was 0-1 after I got seriously Julio Jonesed in week 1.

Headed into week 2 against a someone with Trent Richardson as his RB. He also had Blount, Maxx Williams and Roddy White. They all gave him a grand total of 0.4 points combined. However Old Manning, Steve Smith and AJ Green along with Tucker got him a near respectable 60.9. The problem for me was the Bills took a pasting and Romo and Brees both died. Didn't help that Russel Wilson wasn't throwing to Graham either. I was on a pathetic 51.3 with only one player to play in the Monday game. Luckily that player was Donte Moncrief. Scored me 18.2 points despite the Colts being shit. I won with the 2nd lowest points total of the week.

That all moved me to 1-1, but with 1 of 3 QBs available. I dropped Romo and Brees(at the time his injury was reported as being months rather than a couple weeks) for Foles and Rivers, brought in Larry Fitzgerald for Lamar Miller and saw someone else had dropped Forsett so I picked him up in case his numbers improved. Played Larry over Cooper, despite Cooper showing promise as I fancied the 49ers for a stinker and boy did he deliver.

This moved me to 2-1, but without a really reliable QB. I've put in to swap Foles for Carr but I've been told 3/4 other people are doing the same. RB is a small concern now too. McCoy is always listed questionable and now Lynch has another injury, I have Murray and Forsett to cover but Forsett doesn't look likely to bring big points. Other than that I'm happy with the team.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've moved to 0-3 in my main league. Already agreed to swap Jennings for Crabtree as I need a WR whose not Shoddy Shite or Andre Johnson. Crabtree should do a job until Decker gets back. Pretty confident I can get my first win on the board this week. If not then put a fork in my season.

My other league I somehow moved to 2-1. It was an incredible match up:

Manning and Ryan Vs Rodgers and Stafford- He won by about 3 points after Rodgers went off (scoring 49.7 points) but Stafford only managed 13. Rodgers nearly cost me the match.

WR- Antonio Brown, Edelman and Maclin Vs AJ Green, Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins- Thankfully Watkins stunk up the joint and scored less than 5 points. AJ Green's 54 points was enough to outscore Maclin by 24... but Antonio beat Evans by 3 points and Edelman beat Watkins by 11.5. He still dominated me here, but that put a dent into it.

RB- Forte and Yeldon Vs McCoy and Hyde- He wins again by about 3 points. Forte and Hyde were pretty much equal but McCoy outscores Yeldon by 3.4 points.

TE- Miller Vs Kelce, another no contest as he wins by 13 points.

Flex- Vincent Jackson and Kendall Wright Vs Doug Martin and Dion Lewis- I win a position! Both of mine outscore his by a total of about 7 points.

Kickers- Hauschka and Tucker Vs McManus and Bullock- A routin win for my "elite" kickers, as we make up 8 points on him here.

DST- Rams Vs Chiefs- a 14 point swing in my favor. More luck then judgement as I forgot to even look at the DST position this week.

IDP gave me roughly another 4 points on him, and somehow, against all odds, I came out with the win by 239.65 to 235.35. Thank fuck for Jeremy "Garbage Time" Maclin.

I'm now top of that league, and bottom of my main one. I've put in the following Waiver claims for that league:

Waiver 1 (Sep 30): Add Michael Crabtree, Drop Brandon Coleman
    Waiver 2 (Sep 30): Add Charles Clay, Drop Brandon Coleman
    Waiver 3 (Sep 30): Add Charles Clay, Drop Bishop Sankey
    Waiver 4 (Sep 30): Add Allen Hurns, Drop Brandon Coleman
    Waiver 5 (Sep 30): Add Allen Hurns, Drop Bishop Sankey

I'm 2nd in priority having not claimed anyone last week, so I'd expect to get Crabtree to play this week while I'm missing Edelman and Kendall.