Results 10,201 to 10,250 of 17058

Thread: News of the day

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    In before WELL OF COURSE YOU WOULDN'T CARE KIKO THE ROADS ARE BENEATH YOU IN YOUR GOLDEN HELICOPTER.
    I wouldn’t even bother at this stage when he’s playing up that kind of stupidity.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Why? What's murder going to achieve?
    More than sitting in a road.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway a proper police force would have had their heads cracked open like coconuts before it ever got to that stage.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, why do you want police brutality? Strange fascist yet lawless state you want to live in.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lawlessness is disrupting people with your squealing little bored student crusade. A few proper beatings would send a good strong message that it won’t be happening. If a few die in the process then no loss, they’d never have amounted to anything anyway.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the last few comments are why people are fucking ugly. Reasoning with someone trying to run over anyone is just bonkers irrespective of what they are doing.

Life is precious.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insulate Britain.

If your shitty little hobby is disrupting people's lives, you cannot be surprised when everyone gets mad at you. But I guess some people are more important than others.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my hombres and I were to shut down a road to do some burnouts and someone came and gave one of us a shove, how many of you would be all 'life is precious' and whatever? It would be 'they deserved more' all throughout.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've no idea what a burnout is but anybody trying to resolve anything by starting a physical altercation is probably at least a bit of a cunt.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody would need to if these wasters were properly policed instead of protected.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you want to go soft on them, at the very least the cops should be dragging them off the road and locking them up a while. Cutting their benefits would go a long way too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've no idea what a burnout is but anybody trying to resolve anything by starting a physical altercation is probably at least a bit of a cunt.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least those lads have the decency of doing their pathetic demonstrations at night.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Even if you want to go soft on them, at the very least the cops should be dragging them off the road and locking them up a while. Cutting their benefits would go a long way too.
    Ah so everyone who protests are on benefits. Any more prejudices you have?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’ll tend to be bored students or other lazy cunts.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they happen to be employed then force the termination of the employment.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giggles thinks they should bring back capital punishment, but only for those people who fall over in supermarkets and try to sue them, students, and people who serve him spaghetti.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What are you in for?”

“Third degree pretension”

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we hastening climate change through being wankers? Probably.

Were the five previous ice ages due to the dinosaurs leaving the boiler on? Probably not.

Make hay while the sun shines, and if it degenerates into Mad Max then it'll be a change of pace at least.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The protest was about the government insulating homes properly so thousands of old people don't die in the winter, not climate change lol.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how Giggles has decided that if they're somehow not on benefits, they should be put in a position where they will be.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    The protest was about the government insulating homes properly so thousands of old people don't die in the winter, not climate change lol.
    Then they're even more retarded than I realised. Why aren't they blocking the offending house builders?
    Last edited by Spikey M; 22-10-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luckily, global warming is predicted to decrease deaths due to cold weather.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greta Thunberg would probably do more good if she knew how to lobby. That's what these people lack. A fucking sales team.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insulating all the shitty old housing stock would be a good idea (better than subsidising heat pumps and other shit), but you can't just block Her Majesty's highways, and if it was any less fashionable cause they would all have had their heads bashed in by now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely only a matter of time before the dragging them off the road and shouting at them turns into giving them a kicking, particularly if they’re young.

The general public aren’t that tolerant to inconvenience.

The old retirees are more likely to break a hip getting shoved over you’d think.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their campaign is ineffective then as I have just lumped them in with the other twats.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Their campaign is ineffective then as I have just lumped them in with the other twats.
    And for good reason. Blocking traffic implies that you think traffic is a problem. What they're doing is the equivalent of holding a nationwide blockade of Greggs because you oppose the development of Nuclear Power Stations.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 23-10-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be knocking heads clean off if they were blocking Greggs.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this not an Insulate UK one then? If it was, then they're definitely all about climate change as a banner to excuse their mischief.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Then they're even more retarded than I realised. Why aren't they blocking the offending house builders?
    Presumably for the same reason we end up redacting Fawlty Towers on the back of racial injustice protests. If someone comes along and mobilises all these disparate groups we're in a World of trouble.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole thing is such a tiring conversation and perfectly summarised in the above posts.

1) murdering a protestor of any sort because they make you late for work is bad. Anyone saying otherwise is a freak.

2) These protests have to be be approved weeks in advance. Listen to the traffic updates or use waze if your life’s important enough to murder someone else over.

3) the guy who doesn’t know anything but wants to be seen to be on the right side says a bunch of guilt trip bollocks. Insulate UK is not about keeping granny’s house warm and stopping her from dying. If anything granny dying is a net positive for these types.

4) I’m not around to point out that insulate uk actually have a very specific policy goal which is in the name. Vast swathes of the country are poorly insulated, I didn’t even realise single glazing still existed till I moved back to the Uk in 2005. Poor insulation means you have to spend more on gas to keep the heat in. It requires more energy to knock down a shit house and build a new one than improving the old one.

4) All the people who say ‘individuals can’t change anything about climate’ get mad as fuck about these peoples existence and say they’re all hippies on benefits (which they may be but they have a point for once)

5) I wonder whether actually doing the really obvious policy choice that creates jobs, energy efficiency and good publicity is worth it because fucking hell do I want off this planet so why not speed up the process.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Presumably for the same reason we end up redacting Fawlty Towers on the back of racial injustice protests. If someone comes along and mobilises all these disparate groups we're in a World of trouble.
    Fucking hell mate you’re about one news cycle away from joining Linehan and Pavel.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Fucking hell mate you’re about one news cycle away from joining Linehan and Pavel.
    Hardly. There are a load of absolute weirdos in this country (even if we excuse Insulate UK from that) wasting their time on absolute nonsense. If someone were to unite them in a common cause and go on the disrupt, it would be a massive pain in the arse.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the common cause was something that made the world better. Would that be a pain in your arse?

What a weird hypothetical. Get a grip.

Edit: Also ‘there are a load of absolute weirdos in this country wasting their time on nonsense’

You’re one of them! You spent hours statistically tallying your fucking nba2k21 franchise. What if someone activated you to disrupt?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the common cause was something that made the world better. Would that be a pain in your arse?

What a weird hypothetical. Get a grip.

Edit: Also ‘there are a load of absolute weirdos in this country’

You’re one of them! You spent hours statistically tallying your fucking nba2k21 franchise. What if someone activated you to disrupt?
    Clearly struck a nerve there, didn't I. Go and have fun with the Covid deniers and FREEDOM! crowd if you think they're a good bunch.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were literally outside my window not an hour or so ago and I managed not to froth into a rage and murder anyone. I just shut the window.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were literally outside my window not an hour or so ago and I managed not to froth into a rage and murder anyone. I just shut the window.
    I don't want to murder anyone and nor have I suggested otherwise. Once again you've projected what you think someone has said onto what they actually have. It's tiresome. Stop it.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grew up with video tapes of Tom and Jerry that opened with ‘these reflect views of older times’ warnings. That was nearly 30 years ago. But do it to Basil Fawlty and Yevrah thinks the world is about to be overtaken by purple hair hippies.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to murder anyone and nor have I suggested otherwise. Once again you've projected what you think someone has said onto what they actually have. It's tiresome. Stop it.
    Where did I say your name once on the murder part. You just randomly said that I like to hang out with anti vaxxer because I called you weird. You’re the one projecting projection sir.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But do it to Basil Fawlty and Yevrah thinks the world is about to be overtaken by purple hair hippies.
    Again, I don't. But you carry on assuming someone has affronted the cause of those (and only those) you're sympathetic with.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m on the left. The only thing we do better than fail to mobilise against the right is telling each other we’re wrong. I don’t agree with any of these sort of protests. However I have absolutely no idea what sort of protest would work. So you have to spend your time telling nutters like Giggles and friends they’re knobs and psychos.

For context though I do realise I kind of misread your fawlty towers post and apologise for the inference. However my larger point still stands.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole thing is such a tiring conversation and perfectly summarised in the above posts.

1) murdering a protestor of any sort because they make you late for work is bad. Anyone saying otherwise is a freak.

2) These protests have to be be approved weeks in advance. Listen to the traffic updates or use waze if your life’s important enough to murder someone else over.

3) the guy who doesn’t know anything but wants to be seen to be on the right side says a bunch of guilt trip bollocks. Insulate UK is not about keeping granny’s house warm and stopping her from dying. If anything granny dying is a net positive for these types.

4) I’m not around to point out that insulate uk actually have a very specific policy goal which is in the name. Vast swathes of the country are poorly insulated, I didn’t even realise single glazing still existed till I moved back to the Uk in 2005. Poor insulation means you have to spend more on gas to keep the heat in. It requires more energy to knock down a shit house and build a new one than improving the old one.

4) All the people who say ‘individuals can’t change anything about climate’ get mad as fuck about these peoples existence and say they’re all hippies on benefits (which they may be but they have a point for once)

5) I wonder whether actually doing the really obvious policy choice that creates jobs, energy efficiency and good publicity is worth it because fucking hell do I want off this planet so why not speed up the process.
    Not surprising to see you can't count to 6.

I wasn't trying to guilt trip anyone. One of their clearly stated aims one their own website is ending fuel poverty and that's what the particular protest was about (or at least that's what they said when I was listening to the report about it).
    Last edited by randomlegend; 23-10-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing you say stands. You've taken my weirdos point and assumed it only applies to left/liberal groups, because of the image you have of me assumes I disagree with those groups and only those groups.

It doesn't. People bothering vaccination centres are weirdos. People putting actual effort into denying COVID's existence are weirdos.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Jimmy was more right about this 'culture war' stuff (it's still a dreadful name for it) than I ever imagined.

I'm not even in the war and I'm getting dragged into it.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing you say stands. You've taken my weirdos point and assumed it only applies to left/liberal groups, because of the image you have of me assumes I disagree with those groups and only those groups.

It doesn't. People bothering vaccination centres are weirdos. People putting actual effort into denying COVID's existence are weirdos.
    No I just don’t think ‘if they unite a large swathe of the population that disagree on everything around a common cause’ is instantly bad.

What about if that common cause was ‘feed the homeless’. It’s just a dumb comment.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Jimmy was more right about this 'culture war' stuff (it's still a dreadful name for it) than I ever imagined.

I'm not even in the war and I'm getting dragged into it.
    Welcome to 2012/13. Glad you could join us.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who have politics as their hobby are often weirdos and always insufferable. Whether they support Real Left of FC Right doesn't really make a difference.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like to make it clear I was insufferable long before I was political.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I just don’t think ‘if they unite a large swathe of the population that disagree on everything around a common cause’ is instantly bad.
    But for the purposes of my point, them being united by someone with nefarious motives (not hard to do I'd imagine given how easily a lot of them are manipulated) it would be bad.

What are we even discussing? How does this always happen?