User Tag List

Page 151 of 340 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,550 of 16995

Thread: News of the day

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does Queer bring to the table that wasn’t covered by Lesbian, gay or bi? I mean, even Lesbian isn't really needed. Why not just Gay and bisexual? Simplicity people. Come on.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the 'sexuality and gender are not related' drum has been well beaten, so why is the T in there?

This is a fucking mess. Out of the way Gok Wan, I'll sort this out.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LGBT etc will go to the wolves along with BAME quite soon. I don't know why all deviants have to band together.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Also, the 'sexuality and gender are not related' drum has been well beaten, so why is the T in there?

This is a fucking mess. Out of the way Gok Wan, I'll sort this out.
    Are we really having a go at people being inclusive of people who total less than 1% of the population over pedantry?

The reason why people use LGBTQ is because if you just talked about one of them people would give even less of a shit about their day to day issues than they already do.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's on the gays really. Somebody should have stepped in and stopped the freaks turning up to pride parades in latex dog outfits, but they didn't, and now women have been abolished.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    LGBT etc will go to the wolves along with BAME quite soon. I don't know why all deviants have to band together.
    One of my first tasks at my job was livestreaming a press conference where a paikistani transgender woman frequented at a bar (not brothel) where 'deviants' as you say might hang out. They were rounded up by police, gangraped by police in prison and then had their head shaved.

There are a billion stories better, worse or somewhere inbetween across the planet. That's why they band together.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really into any of this stuff at all, but from my limited observations, a lot of Ls Gs and Bs seem to harbour quite a lot of mostly unspoken resentment towards Ts, and vice versa - I'm not sure why, really. Perhaps it's because Ls Gs and Bs feel that their still very shaky conversation with the mainstream has been drowned out by the very very loud T-related arguments, while Ts no doubt feel resentful that Ls Gs and Bs (mainly Ls and Gs) have been acknowledged by the mainstream in a way that they haven't been.

It's not a sustainable discourse because the two are very different things indeed. I guess the reason they are lumped together is that most straight people don't understand any of it so it's convenient to drape it all under the rainbow and trot out some platitudes a couple of times a year.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    One of my first tasks at my job was livestreaming a press conference where a paikistani transgender woman frequented at a bar (not brothel) where 'deviants' as you say might hang out. They were rounded up by police, gangraped by police in prison and then had their head shaved.

There are a billion stories better, worse or somewhere inbetween across the planet. That's why they band together.
    I can see that but in the west as it all inches very slowly (like an arctic glacier) towards the open, I'm pretty sure it will fragment.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really into any of this stuff at all, but from my limited observations, a lot of Ls Gs and Bs seem to harbour quite a lot of mostly unspoken resentment towards Ts, and vice versa - I'm not sure why, really. Perhaps it's because Ls Gs and Bs feel that their still very shaky conversation with the mainstream has been drowned out by the very very loud T-related arguments, while Ts no doubt feel resentful that Ls Gs and Bs (mainly Ls and Gs) have been acknowledged by the mainstream in a way that they haven't been.

It's not a sustainable discourse because the two are very different things indeed. I guess the reason they are lumped together is that most straight people don't understand any of it so it's convenient to drape it all under the rainbow and trot out some platitudes a couple of times a year.
    I think judging the movement from that sort of birdseye view does make modern discourse seem very dumb but you and I grew up in a world where Eddie Izzard's sexuality was wild. That it's even happening at all in a mainstream contest is a massive progression. Chemical castration to bitching about him/her in 50 years is a great thing.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the reason they are lumped together is that most straight people don't understand any of it so it's convenient to drape it all under the rainbow and trot out some platitudes a couple of times a year.
    I forgot to mention that this is completely correct.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's because one invalidates the other. If I throw some heels on and call myself Louise, but none of my fellow lesbians are interested in my balls, who is and isn't what they claim to be?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think judging the movement from that sort of birdseye view does make modern discourse seem very dumb but you and I grew up in a world where Eddie Izzard's sexuality was wild. That it's even happening at all in a mainstream contest is a massive progression. Chemical castration to bitching about him/her in 50 years is a great thing.
    I guess, and I'm definitely a little bitter than I'm not even eight or ten years younger than I am.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    It's because one invalidates the other. If I throw some heels on and call myself Louise, but none of my fellow lesbians are interested in my balls, who is and isn't what they claim to be?
    Who cares what they claim to be or not be? is the better question in that scenario.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess, and I'm definitely a little bitter than I'm not even eight or ten years younger than I am.
    Jim, as someone who has to pretend I'm down with the kids. I'm not sure the TikTok generation would be your era.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A conventional lezzer wouldn't have to be into a woman with balls any more or less than they would have to be into a woman who likes Spandau Ballet, or competitive yachting, or Jarlsberg.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In which case their supposed sexual preference is actually just an aesthetic preference, and they're not actually lesbians, they just like long hair and small hands.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m in.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, as someone who has to pretend I'm down with the kids. I'm not sure the TikTok generation would be your era.
    No but those people weren't around in 1995 to have the belief very firmly put in one's head from a young age that being gay was not something that one wanted to be.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    In which case their supposed sexual preference is actually just an aesthetic preference, and they're not actually lesbians, they just like long hair and small hands.
    Liking girls =/= liking all girls

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we really having a go at people being inclusive of people who total less than 1% of the population over pedantry?

The reason why people use LGBTQ is because if you just talked about one of them people would give even less of a shit about their day to day issues than they already do.
    We've already done the inclusive thing by including 'other' as a gender option and mx as a title. Not that there isn't a long way to go, obviously. It's not pedantic to wonder why a gender is listed alongside sexualities if gender and sexuality are unrelated. Why don't we just chuck Vegans, the depressed and the disabled in there if we jut want to ring fence anyone that falls outside of Bamsters comfort bubble.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 02-12-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That probably is it, but it's all the more reason to fight it. All LGBTQ+ does is give Laurence Fox a catch all term for anything he doesn't like. He must think Immigrants are in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is straight out of a Dave Chappelle bit

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At risk of adding too much tinder:

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...more-inclusive

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not reading any further. That title is a belter.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I for one am shocked that the countryside is racist. It needs cancelling immediately.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You reek of white privelege. Look at her go, taking pictures of herself on a hill with hijab, she's basically MLK reincarnated.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    Liking girls =/= liking all girls
    They don't like girls. They merely have a 'type' like everybody else.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I still remember that fucking my head up and Henry being about ready to behead me. (Unless there's been a newer thread, that one was about 13 years ago.)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    At risk of adding too much tinder:

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...more-inclusive

Amongst people from ethnic majority backgrounds, the main factors restricting use of the chicken shop included the cost of visiting … and problems linked to transport, a lack of knowledge of the urban environment and a lack of 'cultural habit' of visiting … There was a fear of discrimination, as well as different patterns of use and a lack of culturally appropriate provisions.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Sweet sweet vindication after all this time.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 people winning is so bittersweet.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dolls come in white and white only...

Kmart Australia has launched, ‘Baby Charlie with Down Syndrome’ dolls on their website.

The company reached out to Down Syndrome Australia to ensure the creation process was done respectfully.

Down Syndrome Australia is excited with the launch and says "We are pleased that Kmart has taken steps to widen the diversity in its toy range with a number of new fashion dolls and baby dolls with disabilities."

The new collection also features a doll in a wheelchair and another who is vision impaired.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the disability mix pack.

Only 6 bucks as well.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imaging giving one of these dolls to a disabled child? I would feel like a bully.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 03-12-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    I suppose there must be kids out there that want dolls that resemble their younger siblings. Little girls in particular like emulating their mums, but this is the nichest niche that's ever niched.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I suppose there must be kids out there that want dolls that resemble their younger siblings. Little girls in particular like emulating their mums, but this is the nichest niche that's ever niched.
    Yeah fair enough Im such a cynical bastard.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong, they'll sell about 12 and cynicism is the right response. It's a PR exercise. "How can we get the disabled coin?".

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im due to go to Kmart on Saturday so Ill prowl the girls doll isle to see if there is much action.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure prowl is the best choice of words in that sentence.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No other way to put it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Queensland Prowler was apprehended today. He was observed by Kmart security acting suspiciously down the Girls toy isle and was heard to be shouting "I only want the disabled ones" as he was forced into the back of the Police Car."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/55166943

Has there been a weaker excuse that was so readily accepted by a sports governing body? I say sport, it's only horse racing which doesn't really qualify.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those dolls are like the "anti-racist baby" books. For the crowd that needs to show their allegiance in all circumstances.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/55166943

Has there been a weaker excuse that was so readily accepted by a sports governing body? I say sport, it's only horse racing which doesn't really qualify.
    It's a crying shame though cos if anyone cos going to "take horse racing to the next level" in terms of popularity it was sure as shit gonna be him.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does it matter if a jockey's taking coke anyway? It's not gonna make his horse run faster, is it?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they have other drugs for that.